Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>There was another posting on the 2010 silver America beautiful 25 cent sets now selling for $32.95 at the mint. These will not last long at that

price. I grabbed 10 sets. >>

I did too! image >>

Me too.......

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>There was another posting on the 2010 silver America beautiful 25 cent sets now selling for $32.95 at the mint. These will not last long at that

price. I grabbed 10 sets. >>

I did too! image >>

Me too....... >>

And so did I :>>>
  • I got a few too. Seemed like a no brainer at those margins and I had been wanting a set or two anyway (plan on collecting the silver quarter proof sets for the parks run....unless silver goes skyhigh).
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what are the chances they're going to raise the price of the Silver Quarter and full Silver Proof Sets this week?
  • Hello, just wondering if those who sent in their sets to NGC and recieved them back as MS69 had any little rim nicks or an occational scratch that didnt seem to affect the grade.
  • Looks like Filditrade has a few more sets for sale.

link

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like Filditrade has a few more sets for sale.

link

image >>

That's been up for awhile....almost 3 weeks. Have you called them to see if they truly have some more available?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• << <i>Hello, just wondering if those who sent in their sets to NGC and recieved them back as MS69 had any little rim nicks or an occational scratch that didnt seem to affect the grade. >>

My Mt Hood NGC MS69 PL actually had some scratches on George's neck - its like they almost forgot they were there?? Made no sense that coin got that score.

• << <i>

<< <i>Looks like Filditrade has a few more sets for sale.

link

image >>

That's been up for awhile....almost 3 weeks. Have you called them to see if they truly have some more available? >>

Thanks for the correction, I read the date as 2/21/11 rather than 1/21/11 and thought they just posted again. I will give a call as the price is getting close to melt and my uncle wants at set at AP prices.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>My buddy calls me lasy night wondering what to do with an unhappy buyer. This was his first one. Listing says sealed unsearched no refunds.

"Hi; Received The ATB Coins This AM And Very Unhappy With The Condition Of These "Collectables". All Are Somewhat Fine Scratched And One Has Nick On Outer Edge. This Is Just Looking Without Any Magnification. I Am In No Way An Expert,And As The Packaged Was Sealed, I Guess Fidelitrade Searched And Kept Better Coins For Grading. Also The Mint For Poor Packaging And Production. For About The Same Price I Now Think It Would Have Been Better For Me To Purchase A Set Of Gem Uncirculated Coins. What Are Your Thoughts? Any Partial Refund? Please Reply And Thanks"

Other info: This buyer also sells coins, has no returns in his listings, and usually says grade it yourself don't imply grade based upon photo in his listings.

I'll update if it turns ugly... >>

Here's the update: My Buddy wrote him back and said, hey it was sealed and went on to give details etc. The guy wrote back, seemed pleased but you guys gott read what he wrote. I'll out him when it's done. Aslo, I think it's strange that he caps the first letter of each word...

Hi XXXX; Thanks For The Excellent Explanation, Now Less Of A Mystery. I Guess My Dissatisfaction Should Mainly Be With The Mint For Producing Such Dogs. Yes, Your Discription, Communication And Shipping Is Very Satisfactory, However I Am Still Angry The Coins Are Bad.--Not Your Fault--A Small Refund Of $50.00, Would Help And Buy Me A Nice Meal And Bottle Of Wine And I Dont Think You Would Suffer That Much. In Any Case. Thanks XXXX
  • Wow! Who are these people?????????

• << <i>

<< <i>My buddy calls me lasy night wondering what to do with an unhappy buyer. This was his first one. Listing says sealed unsearched no refunds.

"Hi; Received The ATB Coins This AM And Very Unhappy With The Condition Of These "Collectables". All Are Somewhat Fine Scratched And One Has Nick On Outer Edge. This Is Just Looking Without Any Magnification. I Am In No Way An Expert,And As The Packaged Was Sealed, I Guess Fidelitrade Searched And Kept Better Coins For Grading. Also The Mint For Poor Packaging And Production. For About The Same Price I Now Think It Would Have Been Better For Me To Purchase A Set Of Gem Uncirculated Coins. What Are Your Thoughts? Any Partial Refund? Please Reply And Thanks"

Other info: This buyer also sells coins, has no returns in his listings, and usually says grade it yourself don't imply grade based upon photo in his listings.

Here's the update: My Buddy wrote him back and said, hey it was sealed and went on to give details etc. The guy wrote back, seemed pleased but you guys gott read what he wrote. I'll out him when it's done. Aslo, I think it's strange that he caps the first letter of each word...

Hi XXXX; Thanks For The Excellent Explanation, Now Less Of A Mystery. I Guess My Dissatisfaction Should Mainly Be With The Mint For Producing Such Dogs. Yes, Your Discription, Communication And Shipping Is Very Satisfactory, However I Am Still Angry The Coins Are Bad.--Not Your Fault--A Small Refund Of $50.00, Would Help And Buy Me A Nice Meal And Bottle Of Wine And I Dont Think You Would Suffer That Much. In Any Case. Thanks XXXX >>

Wow. Complete BS. It was a sealed box, right? That's the chance you take when you buy a sealed box. Sometimes a stack of 69s....sometimes not. Such is life.

My blocklist has space for him/her.
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask him if he would have sent you $50 if the coins were all 70's.
  • he wants to extort dinner and a bottle of wine from you?!?!?! image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ask him if he would have sent you $50 if the coins were all 70's. >>

image I love it
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Coin Vault on now (east Coast) 5 pays of $799.95 for NGC MS69 - includes PL Yosemite.

• << <i>he wants to extort dinner and a bottle of wine from you?!?!?! image >>

Just send him an empty bottle of wine and say that unfortunately the seal on that has been broken too!
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Hello, just wondering if those who sent in their sets to NGC and recieved them back as MS69 had any little rim nicks or an occational scratch that didnt seem to affect the grade. >>

My Mt Hood NGC MS69 PL actually had some scratches on George's neck - its like they almost forgot they were there?? Made no sense that coin got that score. >>

Was that yours that went for over $3K a few days ago?

Thanks for the info on the scratches. I have a raw puck on ebay now that looks perfect except for two small scratches on Washington's neck. I figured that there was no use sending it in.

Were the scratches easily visible?

This was the second F Trade coin that I've seen these scratches on. I've not seen them on coins from other APs.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

<< <i>

Hi XXXX; Thanks For The Excellent Explanation, Now Less Of A Mystery. I Guess My Dissatisfaction Should Mainly Be With The Mint For Producing Such Dogs. Yes, Your Discription, Communication And Shipping Is Very Satisfactory, However I Am Still Angry The Coins Are Bad.--Not Your Fault--A Small Refund Of $50.00, Would Help And Buy Me A Nice Meal And Bottle Of Wine And I Dont Think You Would Suffer That Much. In Any Case. Thanks XXXX >>

What a whack job. PLEASE do out him when you're done. The caps think gives me a headache just reading it.
  • I just got my set back from ANACS (long story why I sent to ANACS rather than PCGS or NGC, but that is for another post), but wow these slabs are enormous. Has anyone seen a pic of the various slab sizes from all three slabbers lined up together? I would love to see them all side by side. I wonder of they make a jumbo sized CAC green sticker for them, it would have to be the size of my big toe? BTW, it came back MS69x2, MS68x2, and MS67 in case anyone cares (I am not sure if I do... still thinking about it).
    I just opened my DG set...

Most broke thru the flips, not that that matters because at least these, unlike the F Trades, were stacked in flips and not edge to edge.

The Yellowstone is a true pocket piece. Will likely sit it on my desk raw. I just can't put it on Ebay for anything over spot, which is not worth the effort. HUGE, deep gouges nearly wiping out the Y in Yellowstone. Total crap. The worst that I've seen from any set so far. What a shame because other than those multiple, huge, deep, gouges it's very PL and otherwise very nice - which, of course, still means that it' s total crap puck.

Small, but easily visible ding on the Mt. Hood on the reverse. Bummer. The only one that I still need in PCGS 69. Just sucks. Other than that very visible ding, a great coin. NGC 68 at best, perhaps PL (which would be great for a MH). No luck again w/this set for my PCGS 69 MH.

The HS is just killer- totally PL, not a mark on it - not one :-) In fact, the HS is THE BEST puck that I've received so far in any set. Just totally killer. It it does not end up 69PL I'd be stunned. I've done very well predicting my grades from PCGS and NGC so far. I hope that I'm not wrong on this one.

Lots of contact marks on the Yos. Staying raw, heading for Ebay.

The GC is very, very nice. No doubt an NGC - and likely PCGS - 69. Possibly a PL.

So, two 69s likely by either service, all very mirrored and PL looking (a first for any of my sets), a possible 68 PL MH. My best and worst puck so far in one set.

A couple more coming. I've just got to get my MH in PCGS 69. After all of these sets I'll be really P.O.'d if in the end I can't get a MH 69 out of any of them.

• I had a chance to look over a few coins. What really surprised me the most was the difference between some of the pieces. While some of the pieces--especially those with lots of die polish come off as a matte, others are very mirrored. The differences are night and day. Quite something.
    I agree, night and day. Very striking.

• << <i>...

The HS is just killer- totally PL, not a mark on it - not one :-) In fact, the HS is THE BEST puck that I've received so far in any set. Just totally killer. It it does not end up 69PL I'd be stunned. I've done very well predicting my grades from PCGS and NGC so far. I hope that I'm not wrong on this one.

... >>

Of my three sets, the Hot Springs had the best mirrored surfaces in each set. And Mount Hood was the worst in each set.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Raufus how many sets have you gone through trying for the pcgs 69 set. I`m sending in 3 and don`t feel good about the odds. Good luck
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did a NGC 70 ever materialize as someone mentioned a week or so ago??????

• << <i>Did a NGC 70 ever materialize as someone mentioned a week or so ago?????? >>

I believe the cryptic message was about a PCGS 70.....

<< <i>

<< <i>Did a NGC 70 ever materialize as someone mentioned a week or so ago?????? >>

I believe the cryptic message was about a PCGS 70..... >>

Well there are no PCGS 70's in the newly updated pop reports.

<< <i>For the non believers regarding the ATB MS70, goto to NGC's Collectors Society, http://www.collectors-society.com/Default.aspx
    On the left in the Journal Entries you will see the blurb on this coin...

Posted: 2/18/2011 9:13:00 AM | Views:68

Lordie Lordie,do we have are first seventy

(ROCKSTAR) ATB 5oz.PCGS MS70,1374 score pending.
    Wonder if they'll be anymore? That's one Lucky Guy. >>

Bunk!

• << <i>Lordie Lordie,do we have are first seventy (ROCKSTAR) ATB 5oz.PCGS MS70,1374 score pending. Wonder if they'll be anymore? That's one Lucky Guy. >>

<< <i>Supposedly a NGC MS70 ATB has surfaced, score pending. >>

Both of these were reported on this forum by ibex66

I would wait for the pop reports before believing either.....
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

Well, my buddy said he's done with this guy. I asked if he had a problem with me outing this guy, he said go ahead...So here's the buyers ID:

thnknrvn2da
    Thanks very much for outing the jerk - BLOCKED, of course.
  • How many ebayers have been blocked from the advice provided in this forum?

<< <i>Raufus how many sets have you gone through trying for the pcgs 69 set. I`m sending in 3 and don`t feel good about the odds. Good luck >>

I've gone through 8 sets w/the goal of a PCGS and an NCG ER 70 set (hopefully w/some PLs).

My original APMEX set yielded 2 PCGS 69s with two MTB sets giving me the other two. The nice ones in the MTB sets that I didn't think would make PCGS 69s went to NGC. Of those 7 coins I got a complete 69 ER set w/a PL Yos. and a 68 MH. The 8th went raw on Ebay for $510 (those days are long gone). I'm sure that some of these would have made PCGS 69s but I only needed the MH in 69 and the MHs didn't look good enough.

My other sets have not been nearly a nice as the APMEX and the MTB. The nice coins from those sets are all at NGC now, none looked like PCGS 69s. Some may have been PCGS 69s, but again I'm just looking for a PCGS 69 MH and I've had bad luck w/my MHs. So, the nice, mirrored ones went to NGC for ER grading hoping for PLs in 68 or 69.

Of course, others have had single sets w/3 to 4 PCGS 69s. I think that it's just luck w/any of them.

I would not just blindly send in all three sets (unless you don't mind paying for coins lower than 69). If looking for a PCGS 69, I would only send the coin(s) in if they are very clean. Die polish will NOT stop the coins from getting PCGS 69s, now will minor contact marks around the rims nor will the "white spots" on GW.

Good luck!!

• "thnknrvn2da"

blocked.

It felt good.

Kind of like.....

"a nice meal and a bottle of wine"
  • Does anybody know if I can use my PCGS 8-submission voucher to-regrade 8 ATBs from A-mark?

Also is it possibly to designate minimum grade (say MS68) for this re-grade and leave the ones below MS68 in "BU" holders?

Thanks in advance

• << <i>Does anybody know if I can use my PCGS 8-submission voucher to-regrade 8 ATBs from A-mark?

Also is it possibly to designate minimum grade (say MS68) for this re-grade and leave the ones below MS68 in "BU" holders?

Thanks in advance >>

Yes on #1, I don't know about #2.....but I don't believe they are gradable in plastic.

• << <i> I would not just blindly send in all three sets (unless you don't mind paying for coins lower than 69). >>

I think most of the Ebay grief has come from selling raw sets. Maybe graded ones would have less of an issue with the ding dongs that sell their beanie babies to pay for their pucks.
  • I was wondering what the different slabs would look like side by side, so I made this composite image (by re-sizing several pics I found online). I think this is a pretty close approximation to the differences in size of the holders. Did I miss any other slabbers, or are there only three companies doing pucks?

• Nice job with the slabs image
  • PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered 3 sets of 5 Z5 holders for the ATB coins from Air-Tite on Sunday afternoon and the holders arrived today. That is great service. The holders list at $1.60 and with postage included the total cost for the 15 holders was $31.
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was wondering what the different slabs would look like side by side, so I made this composite image (by re-sizing several pics I found online). I think this is a pretty close approximation to the differences in size of the holders. Did I miss any other slabbers, or are there only three companies doing pucks? >>

Those NGC slabs are HUGE!!!

• << <i>Nice job with the slabs image >>

My Pleasure....

• << <i>Those NGC slabs are HUGE!!! >>

I have not held one, but it looks like the size of an iPad
    Well, I just now received my A-Mark order today. I had order number 39 placed on the 18th of January. Yes number 39, that is not a typo.

Now what to do with itimage

• << <i>Well, I just now received my A-Mark order today. I had order number 39 placed on the 18th of January. Yes number 39, that is not a typo.

Now what to do with itimage >>

I could never deal with looking at a sealed box for more than, oh, 10 min........I would HAVE to see the quality of what is in there.....

But that's just me.....

My Amark set (great looking coins) just went to Quality Control at NGC.....it took 6 business days to get graded...probably ship tomorrow
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

I couldn't stand it either - finally opened my A-Marks. Good solid set. All had 1 or 2 very minor pinpoint specks, 2 had a tiny scratch. Only 1 mirror - rest were pure satin. A nice clean set. Opened my MTBs too. 4 out of 5 mirrored, 2 had very minor abrasions. Overall, my FTrades had the best mirrors but 2 of them had sizeable scratches. All things considered, the MTBs are the nicest. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Those NGC slabs are HUGE!!! >>

I have not held one, but it looks like the size of an iPad >>

Good grief...what an ugly holder & how much does the NGC holder weigh? PCGS has them all beat, hands down.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • CiccioCiccio Posts: 1,405

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Those NGC slabs are HUGE!!! >>

I have not held one, but it looks like the size of an iPad >>

Good grief...what an ugly holder & how much does the NGC holder weigh? PCGS has them all beat, hands down. >>

True, but you don't see the edge lettering with the PCGS ones.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file