Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• << <i> A quick buck. These are the same guys buying MIB toys at the local Target. The same guys pushing in front of your 8 year old and buying up all the "hottest" toy for the Holidays..... >>

I agree totally but my point being: How the freak did they get into this in the 1st place??? It's not like they read about it in CoinWorld.

• << <i>But in the case with opened sealed boxes, aren't you concerned that the original coins may have been swapped out? >>

This one is a non-factor....A purchase can be returned as it was received. Once it was opened the product ("sealed box") was altered and the return potential is void.
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    They found out in the toy collectors circles.

I am also amazed at who shows up for a deal sometimes.

Think about some of these deals around the holidays at 3am in the morning.......you would never sit in the cold or rain to save $50 on a $300 item - but there are TONS of characters that would!!!!!!!
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    The residue sounded like it could have been from the glue on the bubble wrap envelopes FideliTrade used. If you are not careful when removing them the glue flap could rub against the coin and leave glue on the coin. I pushed the glue flap against the table then flipped the bag over and pulled out the coin, cutting it out would be a good option too.

• << <i>

<< <i>Why are so many losers buying these.....It's not like they're buying beanie babies...we're talking big bucks and these cretins have no clue. What got them into this??? >>

Do you even need to ask?

A quick buck. These are the same guys buying MIB toys at the local Target. The same guys pushing in front of your 8 year old and buying up all the "hottest" toy for the Holidays.....

I will not sell to any of these characters.

Sell for a few bucks less and no headaches to a dealer. All you get is headaches with these characters. MCM was paying 1400 for sets. Not sealed. Open. Done.
    >>

Good point. The difference between MCM and ebay after fees is pretty negligible. Especially when you consider that MCM isn't going to give you the 'ol runaround.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Oops, double post.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The bleeding on the prices will stop as the listings go away. >>

This is a very astute comment from Pitboss that I believe is correct.

I think we are now seeing the bottom @ $1450 - 1500 for these puck sets.

Hang loose. Stop listing. Sit on the 2010 bullion pucks if you can.
    It will take a while for the puck glut to go away.

2, 3, 5, 7 years from now, 2010 pucks will bring premium $.

It's all upside from here.

Just need to ride the bottom out. image

My $.02

• << <i>

<< <i>The bleeding on the prices will stop as the listings go away. >>

This is a very astute comment from Pitboss that I believe is correct.

I think we are now seeing the bottom @ $1450 - 1500 for these puck sets.

Hang loose. Stop listing. Sit on the 2010 bullion pucks if you can.
    It will take a while for the puck glut to go away.

2, 3, 5, 7 years from now, 2010 pucks will bring premium $.

It's all upside from here.

Just need to ride the bottom out. image

My $.02 >>

That's good advice but I think everyone should ignore it. If you've got it sell it now and get this glut out of the way. I've got some more sets to sell and am going to wait a while so I want a premium price.

The folks who think these are going to melt are nuts. Even if they do silver is in a bull run...

• << <i> That's good advice but I think everyone should ignore it. If you've got it sell it now and get this glut out of the way. I've got some more sets to sell and am going to wait a while so I want a premium price. >>

Now you've confused me.....you say ignore the advise to hold on selling but then say you are going to hold selling your sets for a better price....

I guess you have both sides covered there.....

• << <i>

<< <i> That's good advice but I think everyone should ignore it. If you've got it sell it now and get this glut out of the way. I've got some more sets to sell and am going to wait a while so I want a premium price. >>

Now you've confused me.....you say ignore the advise to hold on selling but then say you are going to hold selling your sets for a better price....

I guess you have both sides covered there..... >>

Everyone should sell now so I can get a higher price later after this glut.
  • I have found that selling the coins individually has worked better for me. There seems to be a lot less buyers remorse when someone is paying $350-$400 than when they fork over $1500. It takes longer to sell them, but its been easier to please most folks. I have had some very strange questions though from potential buyers that would suggest that they are definately new to the game. For example: Are these coins toned at all? Do you think that these coins will grade 70? Its definately not over until you get the feedback and a few weeks have passed.
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    FLIPPER

How original.

Typical response.

"Got to get these out of the way"

The key here is WHEN a real collector base develops.

Right now, it's dominated with people that go by the likes of "FLIPPER"

So, there is the counter point to "firming Prices"

• taxmadtaxmad Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>FLIPPER

How original.

Typical response. >>

I took his post as tongue in check and humorous. Am I the only one?
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have found that selling the coins individually has worked better for me. There seems to be a lot less buyers remorse when someone is paying $350-$400 than when they fork over $1500. It takes longer to sell them, but its been easier to please most folks. I have had some very strange questions though from potential buyers that would suggest that they are definately new to the game. For example: Are these coins toned at all? Do you think that these coins will grade 70? Its definately not over until you get the feedback and a few weeks have passed. >>

I'm holding out for something better than 70.

Maybe an 80. A 100 would be really cool.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

• Do you think it is okay to say Puck You! here without getting banned?

imageimage
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how many folks having trouble with buyers of "unopened" sets are actually just relabeling the box they received? Back in 2006, I sold some SAE 20th annv sets, unopened. I always put the original box in another (USPS) box. I got back some comments such as "thanks! I was worried as some boxes I received were original, and the seller didn't tell me, so when I opened the outer box to get them out, I found out I opened the only box and no longer have unopened sets".

Lack of communication (Seller didn't tell buyer it was just a relabel) and cheapness on the seller's part (or pure laziness). Costs only a few bucks for the flat rate (back then, and still not that much in the scheme of things now) boxes, and they can be ordered, for free, online from USPS. Just put a box in a box. Everyone is happy. I just did that with the AMark set I sold as well. Made sure to tell the buyer it was a box in a box, so the set is still unopened when he gets the USPS box.

Relabelling is not smart.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• << <i>I wonder how many folks having trouble with buyers of "unopened" sets are actually just relabeling the box they received? Back in 2006, I sold some SAE 20th annv sets, unopened. I always put the original box in another (USPS) box. I got back some comments such as "thanks! I was worried as some boxes I received were original, and the seller didn't tell me, so when I opened the outer box to get them out, I found out I opened the only box and no longer have unopened sets".

Lack of communication (Seller didn't tell buyer it was just a relabel) and cheapness on the seller's part (or pure laziness). Costs only a few bucks for the flat rate (back then, and still not that much in the scheme of things now) boxes, and they can be ordered, for free, online from USPS. Just put a box in a box. Everyone is happy. I just did that with the AMark set I sold as well. Made sure to tell the buyer it was a box in a box, so the set is still unopened when he gets the USPS box.

Relabelling is not smart. >>

I wonder how many flippers just slapped their foreheads after reading this post.
  • PCGS updated Pop report...

PCGS No Description Design 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 Total

505100 2010 25C Hot Springs NP 5 oz Silver - First Strike MS 1 1 2 8 12 17 80 122
    505101 2010 25C Yellowstone NP 5 oz Silver - First Strike MS 1 1 2 3 7 12 18 70 114
    505102 2010 25C Yosemite NP 5 oz Silver - First Strike MS 1 1 3 8 6 26 61 106
    505103 2010 25C Grand Canyon NP 5 oz Silver - First Strike MS 2 3 1 3 6 30 68 113
    505104 2010 25C Mount Hood NP 5 oz Silver - First Strike MS 1 5 4 8 28 66 112

Seems like Yosemite still "hardest" to get but only fractionaly.
    Other than Hot Springs - which is at 66.67%, all others in 57.5% to 61.5% with
    Yellowstone at 61.4%, Yosemite at 57.55%, Grand Canyon at 60.18%, and Mount Hood at 58.99%

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good points Boichman!

I also ask the buyer to call me (prior to shipping) so I can CLEARLY explain what they are and are not getting to hopefully smooth the experience for them.

And to give me piece of mind. I would rather they back out prior to opening the "box" in a box.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is Hot Springs eligible for a PL designation? I don't see any on ebay. Is it being excluded from PL designation because the reverse doesn't have enough mirrored surface area? >>

There have been HS PLs.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Good points Boichman!

I also ask the buyer to call me (prior to shipping) so I can CLEARLY explain what they are and are not getting to hopefully smooth the experience for them.

And to give me piece of mind. I would rather they back out prior to opening the "box" in a box.

Miles >>

Interesting way to do it....as a buyer, I don't want to be bothered calling the seller. Of course, I generally know what I am doing and am not a scammer, so I do read the auctions and make educated bids these days.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

<< <i>Buyers remorse should not be a grounds for returns, even if a return policy is stated. Out this punk so I can block him. >>

Please do out this jerk. Thanks.

<< <i>Sounds VERY familiar.....this is what the weenie that bought mine said:

" I am dissapointed in the quality of two of the coins I bought, one has what looks like a spot on washingtons face and light scratches. For the money I paid I expect better. I would like to return or work something out in the price. Thank you",

Dork.... >>

Can you please out this jerk as well? Thanks.
    Duplicate.

<< <i>Thanks for the heads-up PhillyEagle.

Sorry to hear of your troubles with the manipulative ebayer.

They are blocked and I will continue to offer a NO RETURNS, NO EXTORTION clause on these when selling.

Miles >>

I love the "NO EXTORTION" clause Miles!!

<< <i>I sold a sealed mtb set for buy it now and this is what he says after he recieved them.

Looking at the original invoice,i feel you asked too much for the coins.one of the coins has a scrath on the obverse side. it is the mount hood coin.Item I received is not as described.I was supposed to get this item "unopened as received",but they came in individual paper bags.they were already opened.one coin, the mount hood has a scratch on it. >>

How can people w/enought money to buy these things be so freaking stupid??? Does not not understand that they were indeed "unopened as received"? What part of sealed does he not understand. These pucks have brought out, by far, the WORST Ebay buyers I've ever seen.

Also, PLEASE let us know who this jerk is so that we can block him. Thanks.
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    So an A-Mark PCGS CH BU set sold on Teletrade for $2k tonight. Makes me wonder if I should consign mine there as well.
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL

• << <i>FLIPPER

How original.

Typical response.

So, there is the counter point to "firming Prices" >>

Calm down before you give yourself a brain annourism. They call me Flipper because I flip these to make money. I don't need to get them out of the way, I can hold them for a year or two. But I'm ready for all the weak hands to be shaken loose take their 200 dollars profit and move on with their lives.

I'm a collector too. I collect profit. I provide a valuable service.

• << <i>

<< <i>Sounds VERY familiar.....this is what the weenie that bought mine said:

" I am dissapointed in the quality of two of the coins I bought, one has what looks like a spot on washingtons face and light scratches. For the money I paid I expect better. I would like to return or work something out in the price. Thank you",

Dork.... >>

Can you please out this jerk as well? Thanks. >>

...already outed many pages ago: gurallah
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>FLIPPER

How original.

Typical response.

Calm down before you give yourself a brain annourism. They call me Flipper because I flip these to make money. I don't need to get them out of the way, I can hold them for a year or two. But I'm ready for all the weak hands to be shaken loose take their 200 dollars profit and move on with their lives.

I'm a collector too. I collect profit. I provide a valuable service. >>

So what your saying is you do not even collect coins, and the only reason your on this site is to get the information and than flip ? Its one thing to be a coin flipper and its completely different if your just a flipper of any new hot item. Plus when the puck sales end will you hang out to learn anything about coins or will you disappear as fast as you appeared?..................image Just curious
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>FLIPPER

How original.

Typical response.

So what your saying is you do not even collect coins, and the only reason your on this site is to get the information and than flip ? Its one thing to be a coin flipper and its completely different if your just a flipper of any new hot item. Plus when the puck sales end will you hang out to learn anything about coins or will you disappear as fast as you appeared?..................image Just curious >>

I know how sensitive some collectors can be and that is true for any type of collector, not just coin collectors. However while I collect coins, I have not yet developed a big desire to keep any of them for the long hold. I started collecting about 4 years ago, I love my coins and like looking at them, I have mostly modern and a little old stuff, coin collecting is something that happens; not something that you are born into. I can understand why the collectors get upset with the flippers, although personally I think that their anger is misplaced and often times irrational. Why hate on someone because they want to make an extra buck? We are all afforded the same opportunity, that is the part that I do not understand. At the end of the day, flippers are here to stay, I personally do not see nothing wrong with it; to each its own. If you wanna flip, then flip to your hearts content and all the power to you. If you rather collect coins and hold them until they mature then even better, IMHO there is no right or wrong...
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Its one thing to be a coin flipper and its completely different if your just a flipper of any new hot item. Plus when the puck sales end will you hang out to learn anything about coins or will you disappear as fast as you appeared?..................image Just curious >>

I will disappear from this thread as soon as I post my grades from my set... and move over to the Mint issue pre-thread!

On a side note, as the price of silver blew through $33 (now at $33.59) any AP that hasn't sold these has to be wondering if melting them into 100 oz bars might be more profitable...
  • I can't believe the rules for AP's will require then to sell these at less than spot if the price continues to rise (because they were required to sell at 10% over cost).

• << <i>I can't believe the rules for AP's will require then to sell these at less than spot if the price continues to rise (because they were required to sell at 10% over cost). >>

Well it is not like many of them really seem to care for the rules...
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I can't believe the rules for AP's will require then to sell these at less than spot if the price continues to rise (because they were required to sell at 10% over cost). >>

They had their chance. Just because they waited and the price of silver happened to increase doesn't change the fact that they were supposed to have made the coins available to the public already.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

What is the price going to be on the 27000 lot the mint has to sell? MOON MONEY thats what,
  • It doesn't change what they originally paid for the sets.....They will still make their profit even if they sell under spot..

oh, and the intrinsic value is up to $844.50/set right now

Where are those who said they wouldn't pay the "exorbitant" premium over spot for these bullion coins??

It's getting closer and closer to being a push.....

• << <i>What is the price going to be on the 27000 lot the mint has to sell? MOON MONEY thats what, >>

True, sucks image
  • Just another comparison:

25 ounces of ASE's at APMEX are selling for $942.75 plus shipping....

Just sayin' image

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>FLIPPER

How original.

Typical response.

So what your saying is you do not even collect coins, and the only reason your on this site is to get the information and than flip ? Its one thing to be a coin flipper and its completely different if your just a flipper of any new hot item. Plus when the puck sales end will you hang out to learn anything about coins or will you disappear as fast as you appeared?..................image Just curious >>

I'm just messing with that guy who is losing sleep over me. I actually DO collect coins and I don't flip beanie babies or toy of the year crap. I only collect real coinage none of that "proof clad" crap. No such thing as a proof cupronickel to me. It's silver or gold period. The exception being 95% copper pennies half of and pre-82. No zinc standard for me.

I think the state quarters and state park quarters are gimmicky and ugly. The mint is just making money off of people who collect them and pull them from circulation. Kind of like the way a casino makes interesting chips so people will collect them. I wish I could produce something for 8 cents I could sell for 25 cents or more for "proof" versions. It's the same with the presidential dollar serious. How many millions do they have sitting in warehouses? No one wants them, but they keep making them for the seigniorage and hoping some greater fool collector will buy them up.

So my opinion of the 3 inch coins is they are ugly and not collectible. Luckily, my personal opinion has little effect on their overall value.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

There was another posting on the 2010 silver America beautiful 25 cent sets now selling for $32.95 at the mint. These will not last long at that

price. I grabbed 10 sets.
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question to the gallery:

With rising silver prices, can the Mint raise the price of the 2011 silver proof sets this week? Or is the price locked in for a period of time? Ditto for the Army commem dollars?
  • djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So an A-Mark PCGS CH BU set sold on Teletrade for $2k tonight. Makes me wonder if I should consign mine there as well.

Yeah, and it is free until March 15
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There was another posting on the 2010 silver America beautiful 25 cent sets now selling for $32.95 at the mint. These will not last long at that

price. I grabbed 10 sets. >>

I did too! image
  • Why is there still a question of what the AP's will have to sell at? FTrade or MTB may still have some legitimate sets to sell but the others...Apmex specifically lists as sold out...as for the others, if it took this long to assess some rules they never would have made it in business this long. They have made their money and moved on. They probably even sent the mint an "oops we pucked up but will do better next time" email and all is forgiven.
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>There was another posting on the 2010 silver America beautiful 25 cent sets now selling for $32.95 at the mint. These will not last long at that

I did too! image >>

OK... why buy? Silver is up but it still has a way to go before cost = bullion value. Are you thunking these will go up in value for some reason?
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL

• << <i>

<< <i>

I did too! image >>

OK... why buy? Silver is up but it still has a way to go before cost = bullion value. Are you thunking these will go up in value for some reason? >>

If you look on ebay at current and past auctions for silver proof sets there is a very limited market for these. Unless silver continues at quite the bull run I don't see making much on these. I'd love to be wrong, but I remember during the big run up before christmas time silver proofs were selling for UNDER spot.
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

I have an old 100.00 face canvas bank bag, I think it would be neat to fill up with proof silver parks quarters----------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree

• << <i>

<< <i>

I did too! image >>

OK... why buy? Silver is up but it still has a way to go before cost = bullion value. Are you thunking these will go up in value for some reason? >>

An ASE at APMEX sells for $38.34 not inc. shipping = 1 ounce (33.95 spot) so $4.40 over spot without shipping

A set of silver quarters sells for $32.95 and has $30.70 in silver so $2.25 over spot and shipping is maxed at $4.95

So....maybe...'cuz it makes sense?????

• Oh, 9300

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file