Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• << <i>

<< <i>For all you experienced flippers. What is the best time to end an ebay auction? Has a list been compiled somewhere of all the people to block? MTB set is at NGC. Amarks coming. Fidelitrades need to go. Not bad but a couple of marks. Will hold onto the other two. >>

Conventional wisdom is Sun. night between 8 and 9:30 p.m. Eastern. I've spent a lot of time studying puck auctions. For now they may well be an exception as soooooo many end every Sun.

I think pucks do well ending on a M, Tu, W or Th night at the same time.

I even try to end fixed price auctions at these times as they will be most visible (i.e, highest up on the search results) just prior to ending and I'd like this to be at one of those times. >>

Thanks for the info
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Just some info, Amark set delivered today, order # was 345*...They gotta be almost done with these.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Question...do you have to purchase insurance separately (and declare a value) from FedEx when shipping a set of pucks...or is there some level of automatic insurance coverage? >>

Rich, why ship fedex if you are the one doing the shipping? I just used USPS Express Mail for 2 sets (I reinforced the inside of the EM envelope with the paper tape along all 3 seams and then tape-reinforced the flap with it when I closed it...due to the 4 pounds of solid metal) and insured for full $2900 and it was under $30. I have full confidence in the USPS with these and they are to be delivered "next day" (today). >>

4 lbs of metal.... woot, 10X5='s Thomas Jefferson

If you put em in water do they grow?

Just busting your chops on a slow day and even slower thread.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.

• << <i>I've decided there is REAL support for these. I think they'll really go up from here. The number of listings on ebay are slowly going down. MCM is offering 1450+ for any sets they can get. I believe I'm going to hold a few sets from here...like 5

When I search ebay I use this string
    (america the beautiful,atb) (5 oz,5oz,5 ounces,5 ounce)

Does anyone know a better one? Using this, there have only been some 1200 listings. Evidently there's a lot of non-flippers buying these. I personally know several people who had no interest whatsoever but now want to collect them.
    Why not? Silver is sweet! >>

Flipper likey
  • Requesting some opinions...

No brainer am going to sell my AMark set as that is an easy sell and they are good coins.

For my two raw sets (MTB and FTrade) I went through and cherrypicked for the set I want to keep. Both were fairly comparable in quality with minor issues on both Mt. Hood and greater issues on both Grand Canyons.

Mt. Hoods - minor scratch on both, one in the field just above the mountain and one to the right of the 2010...would everyone agree to keep the scratch next to the 2010 and have a clean field around the mountain for keeping a raw set in my collection?

The Grand Canyons...both scratches to the right and below of the word Canyon. One has the light skipping contact scratch, the other is just a deep straight line scratch. So the straight line scratch goes to the raw set for sale.

Any advice on selling the raw set that is going to look good overall accept for the GC scratch? I am thinking of walking that set into coin shops and then sell the AMark set to MCM. Hoping to sell two sets and pay for all three. Nothing beats 25oz of free silver!

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Holding on to 75 ounces is much more profitable in the next year or so.
  • This may be off subject a little but how should one handle this?

Hi,
    I just wanted to let you know that I was less than impressed with these coins. Parts of them are cloudy and I was surprised at the flips that they came in. I can understand a flip with a $25 coin but not a coin that cost hundreds. OY. OY. OY.
    Have not yet left feedback because I am undecided as to what I want to say. What say you?

This came from somebody who purchased a set of pucks on JANUARY 17th - this person has had these coins for well over a month now and TODAY this is what I get? At the time they purchased this set (regarding the flips) there was no air-tite holders mad for the pucks, I mean now a MONTH later you threaten me with negative feedback- C'MON MAN
    Always Buying Modern Gold, Silver, & Platinum Eagles.

• << <i>This may be off subject a little but how should one handle this?

Hi,
    I just wanted to let you know that I was less than impressed with these coins. Parts of them are cloudy and I was surprised at the flips that they came in. I can understand a flip with a $25 coin but not a coin that cost hundreds. OY. OY. OY.
    Have not yet left feedback because I am undecided as to what I want to say. What say you?

This came from somebody who purchased a set of pucks on JANUARY 17th - this person has had these coins for well over a month now and TODAY this is what I get? At the time they purchased this set (regarding the flips) there was no air-tite holders mad for the pucks, I mean now a MONTH later you threaten me with negative feedback- C'MON MAN >>

Sounds like buyer's remorse to me, Durex...especially given the long time period. They were bullion coins. Flips--as long as they are of the safe-plastic variety--were adequate then and are adequate now, IMO.

You never made any claim that they were perfect coins, right?

I guess you'll have to play this based on whether you can take a negative or not. Personally, I'd tell them to suck it up (in a nice way). Hopefully you won't end up having to pay for a wine and cheese party for them. If that doesn't make much sense, read back a little in the thread...

And then let us know what their handle is so we can block them.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    Were these APMEX? What AP other than FideliTrade sent them out not in capsules? I can't believe these eBay buyers, I will probably not sell mine on there, this is getting ridiculous.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Hold them for now until all the idiots are gone. They will be worth more later anyway or sell them to MCM for a nice profit and avoid the hassle.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of new flippers are learning it isn't so stress free and easy to flip some things, eh?
    On ebay, in the last few years, flipping new/hot items has taken a different tone than it used to and jumping in on multi-thousand dollar flips, without knowing what you are doing (and I would say that many of the ones with problems being posted that are new members doing the flip, do NOT know what they are doing no matter how long they may have been on ebay), can be a tad "educational"

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• << <i>A lot of new flippers are learning it isn't so stress free and easy to flip some things, eh?
    On ebay, in the last few years, flipping new/hot items has taken a different tone than it used to and jumping in on multi-thousand dollar flips, without knowing what you are doing (and I would say that many of the ones with problems being posted that are new members doing the flip, do NOT know what they are doing no matter how long they may have been on ebay), can be a tad "educational" >>

Nothing worse than a n00b flipper.
  • Well as far as being a newbie flipper - I don't agree with you about that.

I have CHOOSEN to stay away from ebay because of ignorant buyers - and I do not mean that in a harsh way. I have been in coins for a long time - no where close to being new with dealing in coins.

The set came from DG. They were package in flips- but the coins were not bad at all. They had some polishing lines in the field but overall nice coins.

• << <i>Were these APMEX? What AP other than FideliTrade sent them out not in capsules? I can't believe these eBay buyers, I will probably not sell mine on there, this is getting ridiculous. >>

i`ve been reading all these horror stories about the buyers of these pucks and all the remorse they have after getting their coins. i`m not a big flipper but i usually buy a few extra mint offerings and sell some to help cover the cost of the ones i keep. i guess i have been blessed with good honest buyers so far. i have decided to get my 2 sets graded by pcgs. i think it will lessen the chance for SNAD claims. i have never received a negative feedback on the bay. i always treat the buyer fair and i expect the same in return. if a buyer tries to pull anything with these pucks i`ll gladly take them back. no dinner and bottle of wine from meimage i`ll take my first neg before giving in to these slugs. JMO

P.S. my blocked bidder list has tripled since the inception of this thread.

my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well as far as being a newbie flipper - I don't agree with you about that.

I have CHOOSEN to stay away from ebay because of ignorant buyers - and I do not mean that in a harsh way. I have been in coins for a long time - no where close to being new with dealing in coins.

The set came from DG. They were package in flips- but the coins were not bad at all. They had some polishing lines in the field but overall nice coins. >>

Pics? Link to your auction? How much did buyer pay?

My DG set is cloudy / dirty.

My DG set is on the way to MCM as I write because I didn't want the trouble that my DG set appears to have in the churning whirlpool of feebay ATB auctions. I'm taking the $ and I'm out of my DG set.

Amark + Ftrade sets to go to submission.

• << <i>

<< <i>A lot of new flippers are learning it isn't so stress free and easy to flip some things, eh?
    On ebay, in the last few years, flipping new/hot items has taken a different tone than it used to and jumping in on multi-thousand dollar flips, without knowing what you are doing (and I would say that many of the ones with problems being posted that are new members doing the flip, do NOT know what they are doing no matter how long they may have been on ebay), can be a tad "educational" >>

Nothing worse than a n00b flipper. >>

yeah there is.....

a n00b flipper with a really cheezy avitarimage

J/Kimage
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.

• << <i>

<< <i>Were these APMEX? What AP other than FideliTrade sent them out not in capsules? I can't believe these eBay buyers, I will probably not sell mine on there, this is getting ridiculous. >>

i`ve been reading all these horror stories about the buyers of these pucks and all the remorse they have after getting their coins. i`m not a big flipper but i usually buy a few extra mint offerings and sell some to help cover the cost of the ones i keep. i guess i have been blessed with good honest buyers so far. i have decided to get my 2 sets graded by pcgs. i think it will lessen the chance for SNAD claims. i have never received a negative feedback on the bay. i always treat the buyer fair and i expect the same in return. if a buyer tries to pull anything with these pucks i`ll gladly take them back. no dinner and bottle of wine from meimage i`ll take my first neg before giving in to these slugs. JMO

P.S. my blocked bidder list has tripled since the inception of this thread. >>

Well stated ... This kind of junk does not happen on CCE. I am not going go wine and dine these who have buyers remorse either. I was very skeptical about their ebay id ( I will post it when it is all said and done and you will see what I mean)

But I did check their feedback and it is not there first rodeo. I think it is the publics lack of fully understanding the pucks.

Look their are bad buyers and bad sellers on ebay, and it could ultimately be the death of ebay as well. Anywho I beleive in paying immediately - and selling what you state. It should be that simple, but so many people want something for nothing - lets face it their are crooks out their.

This was my reply:

Hello ****,

I am sorry to hear you are less than impressed with your purchase. However, regarding your statement about the coins being cloudy, well that is because the U.S. Mint has never struck a coin of this size before. There, as of today, have been no perfect ATB 5oz silver coins issued from the mint. That is why there has been zero to grade 70. And for that same reason is why Mint State 69 examples sell for big, big, big, money. We do not have any control over how the U.S. Mint struck these bullion coins. Yes, your coins were shipped in flips, the exact same that they came in when shipped to us. They are safe plastic flips and do no damage what so ever to the coins. At the time of purchasing these coins there was nothing else manufactured to hold them. You have to remember these are the very first of their kind and that is why the Authorized purchasers issued them in coin flips. These are bullion coins and not specially made collectors versions( like the proofs) by the mint. The mint shiped these coins in a tube to authorized purchasers,just like the silver eagle bullion coins.

We feel everything on your end was adequate as your funds were good. We also feel the same about our end of the transaction. Our listing stated nothing about condition other than they were bullion coins. These coins were immediately shipped USPS Express Mail to you - as promised. Our listing described the coins in detail, even stated in big bold letters at the very top that this was a pre-sale(so no statement regarding condition could be made), and we shipped the coins to you as stated. We promised you an America The Beautiful 5oz Silver Coin Complete set, and that is what we delivered. We would like to say congratulations on being one of the few people to become a custodian of one of these historic sets!

Please feel free to contact us anytime.

Respectfully,

David

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>A lot of new flippers are learning it isn't so stress free and easy to flip some things, eh?

yeah there is.....

If you are refering to my ICON -I do not know how to change it? Tried to do so yesterday now I cant even get into my profile. I have a custom built ICON but like I said can't do anything about it.

J/Kimage >>

• Fidelitrade cashed my check on 2/16 (just noticed today), I sent it in on the mad rush to get it there by monday weekend. I have not heard a thing from them, no emails, no phone, no mailers.
  • durex... i was not referring to your icon. it was a small dig to flipper`s icon. image

still J/K

• << <i>Fidelitrade cashed my check on 2/16 (just noticed today), I sent it in on the mad rush to get it there by monday weekend. I have not heard a thing from them, no emails, no phone, no mailers. >>

It'll probably just show up at your house without a shipping notification.

Durex, I like your avatar.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Fidelitrade cashed my check on 2/16 (just noticed today), I sent it in on the mad rush to get it there by monday weekend. I have not heard a thing from them, no emails, no phone, no mailers. >>

And, you won't until they reject or you get the set.
    I called on mine, 2 weeks ago, was told it was going out next day (which was a Tuesday) and I had it by last Friday. They were completely bare-bones throughout it all, but they did deliver what they promised.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• you will probably have the package delivered unannounced. i got no email confirming shipping before getting them. my coins were very nice despite the cheapo packaging. one had obverse scratches.
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    Speaking of FideliTrade, they may still have some sets because I told a friend who wanted a set to try and they sent in an order form last Friday and they got a email of receipt today saying it is moving on to compliance. I wouldn't expect anything if they were actually sold out.
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    IMO, Fidelitrade sets were mishandled in a higher percentage than the other AP's

I have noticed many edge dings, etc, which does not "compute" given their disclaimer about gloved hands, etc.

• << <i>durex... i was not referring to your icon. it was a small dig to flipper`s icon. image

still J/K >>

Does anybody know how to change it? Cause that would be helpful image
  • The coins received from Fidelitrade were worthy of submission to AKC.
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    that there's funny...I don't care who you are...
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Quick detour question...

Anyone purchased other 5oz silver issues that would be a good compliment to these?

• << <i>

<< <i>durex... i was not referring to your icon. it was a small dig to flipper`s icon. image

still J/K >>

Does anybody know how to change it? Cause that would be helpful image >>

you can click on profile and scroll down to "Select the author icon you wish to use" and choose one from the list. on the 14th or 15th of each month pcgs allows you to upload your own icon. hope this helps.
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Quick detour question...

Anyone purchased other 5oz silver issues that would be a good compliment to these? >>

The 1988 America in Space one troy pounders are cool.

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoever said that the ATB coins were the largest coins the mint ever made is WRONG! The 1988 coins are the same diameter, from what I can tell, and are more than double the weight.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Were these APMEX? What AP other than FideliTrade sent them out not in capsules? I can't believe these eBay buyers, I will probably not sell mine on there, this is getting ridiculous. >>

P.S. my blocked bidder list has tripled since the inception of this thread. >>

Well stated ... This kind of junk does not happen on CCE. I am not going go wine and dine these who have buyers remorse either. I was very skeptical about their ebay id ( I will post it when it is all said and done and you will see what I mean)

But I did check their feedback and it is not there first rodeo. I think it is the publics lack of fully understanding the pucks.

Look their are bad buyers and bad sellers on ebay, and it could ultimately be the death of ebay as well. Anywho I beleive in paying immediately - and selling what you state. It should be that simple, but so many people want something for nothing - lets face it their are crooks out their.

This was my reply:

Hello ****,

I am sorry to hear you are less than impressed with your purchase. However, regarding your statement about the coins being cloudy, well that is because the U.S. Mint has never struck a coin of this size before. There, as of today, have been no perfect ATB 5oz silver coins issued from the mint. That is why there has been zero to grade 70. And for that same reason is why Mint State 69 examples sell for big, big, big, money. We do not have any control over how the U.S. Mint struck these bullion coins. Yes, your coins were shipped in flips, the exact same that they came in when shipped to us. They are safe plastic flips and do no damage what so ever to the coins. At the time of purchasing these coins there was nothing else manufactured to hold them. You have to remember these are the very first of their kind and that is why the Authorized purchasers issued them in coin flips. These are bullion coins and not specially made collectors versions( like the proofs) by the mint. The mint shiped these coins in a tube to authorized purchasers,just like the silver eagle bullion coins.

We feel everything on your end was adequate as your funds were good. We also feel the same about our end of the transaction. Our listing stated nothing about condition other than they were bullion coins. These coins were immediately shipped USPS Express Mail to you - as promised. Our listing described the coins in detail, even stated in big bold letters at the very top that this was a pre-sale(so no statement regarding condition could be made), and we shipped the coins to you as stated. We promised you an America The Beautiful 5oz Silver Coin Complete set, and that is what we delivered. We would like to say congratulations on being one of the few people to become a custodian of one of these historic sets!

Please feel free to contact us anytime.

Respectfully,

David >>

Very nice response, I hope the clown gets the message! please out him when you can.

• << <i>

<< <i>

yeah there is.....

......Or a noob who can actually spell avatar.

J/Kimage >>

• So what is the consensus on the Fidelitrade coins? Nice, Great, average, garbage?
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been a mixed bag. 3 of my 5 were awesome. Others have reported poor examples. Their packaging was by far the worst of all the AP's.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Quick detour question...

Anyone purchased other 5oz silver issues that would be a good compliment to these? >>

About $250 is the going rate

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The New P Puck image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

<< <i>Whoever said that the ATB coins were the largest coins the mint ever made is WRONG! The 1988 coins are the same diameter, from what I can tell, and are more than double the weight. >>

I don't believe your "1988 coin" was considered a coin, but a medallion. It was never monetized and did not have a $ value attached to it. The pucks are still the first "real coins."
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question to the Chorus...

With all the issues in the Middle East, will this help or hurt the price of silver going forward?

And no, I'm not asking the stiffs over on the PM forum!
  • Maybe the title of this thread should say Coins instead of Rounds. I always thought that the word "Round" referred to generic bullion rather than government bullion with a denomination.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Question to the Chorus...

With all the issues in the Middle East, will this help or hurt the price of silver going forward?

And no, I'm not asking the stiffs over on the PM forum! >>

Any unrest will help the price of silver.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
    <<Any unrest will help the price of silver. >>

Normally I would agree (similar to gold), however silver also has greater indistrial uses that might be impacted if the economy slows (kinda like platinum getting whacked the past few days).
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    anyone else like to view shared orders? This guy should have cherrypicked at least a little
    Link

PCGS No. CoinDate Variety Grade
    505101 2010 Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver Brilliant Uncirculated
    505103 2010 Grand Canyon NP - 5 oz Silver Brilliant Uncirculated
    505104 2010 Mount Hood NP - 5 oz Silver Brilliant Uncirculated
    505104 2010 Mount Hood NP - 5 oz Silver Brilliant Uncirculated
    505100 2010 Hot Springs NP - 5 oz Silver MS67
    505100 2010 Hot Springs NP - 5 oz Silver MS67
    505101 2010 Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver MS67
    505102 2010 Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver MS67
    505103 2010 Grand Canyon NP - 5 oz Silver MS67
    505103 2010 Grand Canyon NP - 5 oz Silver MS67
    505104 2010 Mount Hood NP - 5 oz Silver MS67
    505104 2010 Mount Hood NP - 5 oz Silver MS67
    505100 2010 Hot Springs NP - 5 oz Silver MS68
    505101 2010 Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver MS68
    505102 2010 Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver MS68
    505103 2010 Grand Canyon NP - 5 oz Silver MS68
    505104 2010 Mount Hood NP - 5 oz Silver MS68
    505100 2010 Hot Springs NP - 5 oz Silver MS69
    505101 2010 Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver MS69
    505101 2010 Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver MS69
    505102 2010 Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver MS69
    505102 2010 Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver MS69
    505103 2010 Grand Canyon NP - 5 oz Silver MS69
    505104 2010 Mount Hood NP - 5 oz Silver MS69
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin

<< <i>Question to the Chorus...

And no, I'm not asking the stiffs over on the PM forum! >>

I suppose you go to a Veterinarian to seek personal medical advice also?image
    <<I suppose you go to a Veterinarian to seek personal medical advice also?>>

Don't laugh, last month I had to rush my dog to an amergency animal hospital...and this place put my doctor's office to shame! It was clean and bright and had plenty of nurses assigned to each patient. I should have it so good!
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>anyone else like to view shared orders? This guy should have cherrypicked at least a little >>

Why? MS67 isn't bad. I sent 10 in for grading and I await the results, 5 were already AMark BU slabs. I know some won't get MS65. I debated what to do, but I figured might as well get a grade because the coin is what it is.

• << <i>So what is the consensus on the Fidelitrade coins? Nice, Great, average, garbage? >>

My Fidelitrade coins were the best of three sets. All very nice. Though I think it is luck of the draw on the packaging affecting the end result.
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭
    All my Feditrades went to NGC. I will post results, though didn't do much of an eagle eye on these. I thought some had some nice mirrors.
  • Fidelitrade cashed my check on 2/16 (just noticed today)

Clackamas,

Same thing here except, I did get an e-mail 2 days prior saying that my order had been accepted and to expect delivery within 4 weeks. I think that made a total of 3 e-mails and I am still waiting for delivery.

I don't think they would have cashed your check if your order was not accepted.

Larry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file