Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    My super-reflective Mt Hood only got ms69
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Has anyone sent their Bu PCGS to NCG? Just curious...
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Has anyone sent their Bu PCGS to NCG? Just curious... >>

Yes, should have results any day now...

• << <i>Has anyone sent their Bu PCGS to NCG? Just curious... >>

Quite a few....Taxmad reported his grades a few posts ago...mine are on the way back to me
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    I know the NGC ER deadline has passed, but will they give the ER designation for sealed boxes postmarked prior to the cutoff?

• << <i>I know the NGC ER deadline has passed, but will they give the ER designation for sealed boxes postmarked prior to the cutoff? >>

No
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Coins are in NGC Quality Control. Hate that wait. Its torture. >>

Mine were Scheduled for Grading, then Quality Control, now back to Scheduled for Grading. ??? >>

Would guess that would mean didn't pass QC? Hmmmmm wierd >>

That was my conclusion too. Not a postive development in my mind - would they ever turn it around for an undergrade? NOT Sigh >>

Don't jump to conclusions! It's the NGC grading process. I spoke to them yesterday. I had the same thing happen and called about it. NGC said it was normal and due the fact the coins must be put in an oversize holder. Nothing dramatic, just how they process these mammoth coins.

Yep, just got my grades yesterday. 69/69/69/69/68. They gave me a 68 on the Mt. Hood.....
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, of two A Mark BU PCGS sets, I sent the best five as as set to NGC and got all 69s w/no PLs despite some very PL looking coins.

I sold the others as is. Some may well have been 69s as well.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Anyone know PCGS' turn-around time on these? image My A-Mark pieces were checked in at PCGS on 02/07/2011. Thanks!
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I know the NGC ER deadline has passed, but will they give the ER designation for sealed boxes postmarked prior to the cutoff? >>

No >>

Thanks, That's what I had thought, but then I read this in a listing and wasn't sure:

Each set is encapsulated in holders by PCGS and is certified "First Strike Choice BU".

Because this is a SEALED SET, it is PCGS First Strike and NGC Early Release Eligible!

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I know the NGC ER deadline has passed, but will they give the ER designation for sealed boxes postmarked prior to the cutoff? >>

No >>

Thanks, That's what I had thought, but then I read this in a listing and wasn't sure:

Each set is encapsulated in holders by PCGS and is certified "First Strike Choice BU".

Because this is a SEALED SET, it is PCGS First Strike and NGC Early Release Eligible! >>

He's half right image
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭

001 2010 5oz SILVER YELLOWSTONE 25C MS 69 EARLY RELEASES
    002 2010 5oz SILVER HOT SPRINGS 25C MS 68 EARLY RELEASES
    003 2010 5oz SILVER MOUNT HOOD 25C MS 69 EARLY RELEASES
    004 2010 5oz SILVER GRAND CANYON 25C MS 69 EARLY RELEASES
    005 2010 5oz SILVER YOSEMITE 25C MS 68 EARLY RELEASES
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!

• I have run into a couple of listings on Ebay advertising sealed AMARK sets. When I noticed that the box looked opened in the pictures I asked a couple of them and was told, "yes the box was opened but the coins are sealed in their PCGS holders."

• << <i>I have run into a couple of listings on Ebay advertising sealed AMARK sets. When I noticed that the box looked opened in the pictures I asked a couple of them and was told, "yes the box was opened but the coins are sealed in their PCGS holders."

image >>

Sounds like a recipe for "item not as described" to me...even if it's the buyer's fault for not reading the fine print....
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I contacted NGC and they told me that the Feb 14th deadline was just that; a deadline.

Sealed Sets, unlike PCGS policy, are not eligible for ER designation. Good to know.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have run into a couple of listings on Ebay advertising sealed AMARK sets. When I noticed that the box looked opened in the pictures I asked a couple of them and was told, "yes the box was opened but the coins are sealed in their PCGS holders."

image >>

People like that give some of us legit "sealed box" sellers a bad name image
    I would liken them to an amateur flipper.....they really don't know what they are talking about but because they can read a little, and someone told them about the money to be had, they go and do things like this.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    Got my NGC grades back, they went fast, were just scheduled for grading last Friday, and never showed a quality control step, went right to finalized. Probably better than expected although no PL which I expected on the Grand Canyon and Hot Springs, these were mirrors with no die polish lines. Kind of upset about NGC if they completely stopped giving the PL designation to recently submitted coins which would have previously qualified. Oh well, at least no body bagged for damage, these were from FideliTrade and I didn't check the edges before submitting.

HOT SPRINGS 25C MS 69 EARLY RELEASES
    YOSEMITE 25C MS 69 EARLY RELEASES
    GRAND CANYON 25C MS 69 EARLY RELEASES
    MOUNT HOOD 25C MS 68 EARLY RELEASES
    YELLOWSTONE 25C MS 68 EARLY RELEASES
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

If NGC is not giving out PL grades then you might as well send your coins in to PCGS for a higher quality grade on them.

• << <i>If NGC is not giving out PL grades then you might as well send your coins in to PCGS for a higher quality grade on them. >>

No more ER's....no more PL's....can't argue with that point

Of course....maybe my set was ALL PL's so they had to keep the percentages down with the other submissions image
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭
    Something tells me I won't be getting any PLs. Maybe they gave them only to Coin Vault. I know they had a presale of $799 for each coin- the last being a PL 69 guaranteed for the same price. They had at least 30 of them last week.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I don't know what NGC is doing. I just trust PCGS more and am willing to pay a little extra for their grades as it comes back to you plus when

you sell them.
    Amazingly PCGS 69's and NGC non PL 69's are selling for about the same price right now, except for the occasional PCGS that goes for a little more. At least just within the past couple of days, PCGS's prices seem to have fallen.

• 001 2010 5oz SILVER HOT SPRINGS 25C MS 68 EARLY RELEASES
    002 2010 5oz SILVER YOSEMITE 25C MS 69 EARLY RELEASES
    003 2010 5oz SILVER YELLOWSTONE 25C MS 67 EARLY RELEASES
    004 2010 5oz SILVER GRAND CANYON 25C MS 69 EARLY RELEASES
    005 2010 5oz SILVER MOUNT HOOD 25C MS 69 EARLY RELEASES

These coins were from MBT. Feel pretty good about these. Certainly thought there was a shot at some PL's but as has been discussed those have disappeared.

On a side note I sent 10 2010 Proof SAE's 9 of 10 were PF70 and Two Taylor First Spouse Gold Proofs that were both PF70. Overall a great day.
  • FYI- PCGS is now grading PL and DM. I'll have them up with pictures in my ebay listings in a couple hours.
  • FYI:

2010 United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Set™ (SV2)

Price: $32.95

This product is temporarily unavailable.

Looks like the "real" silver quarters have sold out.

• << <i>FYI- PCGS is now grading PL and DM. I'll have them up with pictures in my ebay listings in a couple hours. >>

Do you have a link to your order page? This is great news! image
    So what does that do to PCGS guarantee? If coins were submitted previously that should have been PL, then are resubmitted for proper grade...do they pay up?
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>FYI:

2010 United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Set™ (SV2)

Price: $32.95

This product is temporarily unavailable.

Looks like the "real" silver quarters have sold out. >>

Probably just repricing.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
    I have 8 at pcgs right now...I doubt any will get pl because I picked out the most likely and sent them to NGC...who didn't give them PL
    If it is true that the grading companies are still figuring out their criteria for grading these coins I think we should get a free or reduced cost chance at a reevaluation and possible regrade. I would be willing to pay up to $15 per coin.
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So what does that do to PCGS guarantee? If coins were submitted previously that should have been PL, then are resubmitted for proper grade...do they pay up? >>

What would they pay?
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Feb 20-Feb 25 sales:

2010 America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Set
    239,500 sold- 2,817 sold durring report period

2010 U.S. Mint Silver Proof Set
    538,973 sold- 3,135 sold durring report period

2011 U.S. Mint Silver Proof Set
    271,264 sold- 14,116 sold durring report period
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>FYI- PCGS is now grading PL and DM. I'll have them up with pictures in my ebay listings in a couple hours. >>

Well, according to their customer service rep as of 5 minutes ago, that's not true.
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Need a little help.
    I know it's been posted numerous times here, but searching for it will be a pain.
    My membership ran out and I need to renew so I can get my ATB's graded.
    I have 4 sets, one is A-mark slabbed.

Do I get the platinum and use the 8 vouchers for 2 sets? Will this work for the 15 day turn around or only the 30 day?
    How do I submit the slabbed Amarks in and keep the first strike?

Thanks
    Well here it is, a complete set of PCGS MS 69 DMPL... eBay

• << <i>Well here it is, a complete set of PCGS MS 69 DMPL... eBay >>

Thanks, you beat me to it image
    I also have a PL set now listed. I will list a few individual PL's as well.

<< <i>Well, according to their customer service rep as of 5 minutes ago, that's not true. >>

They're using different coin numbers for these, so that may be where the confusion is. For example, here are the Grand Canyon coin numbers:

MS69: 505103
    MS69PL: 506574
    MS69DMPL: 506575

<< <i>Well here it is, a complete set of PCGS MS 69 DMPL... eBay >>

Since I truly believe NGC dogged me on my lastest prooflike submission I will be cracking those suckers out and sending them to PCGS!!! Oh the madnessimage
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They're using different coin numbers for these, so that may be where the confusion is. For example, here are the Grand Canyon coin numbers:

MS69DMPL: 506575 >>

Did you submit under the original coin number and PCGS automatically assign the PL coin number?
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Need a little help.
    I know it's been posted numerous times here, but searching for it will be a pain.
    My membership ran out and I need to renew so I can get my ATB's graded.
    I have 4 sets, one is A-mark slabbed.

Do I get the platinum and use the 8 vouchers for 2 sets? Will this work for the 15 day turn around or only the 30 day?
    How do I submit the slabbed Amarks in and keep the first strike?

Thanks >>

The problem si that two sets contain 10 coins and not 8. You can only use the voucher for 8 coins and the all have to be on the same form. In order for you to use the voucher and submit 10 coins you will have to send in two forms, two handling fees and two return shippings. Also if you have half A-Mark slabs and half raw then that is two different forms anyway. One for a regrade and you don't pay FS fee, the other for grading adn you do pay the FS fee.

• << <i>Did you submit under the original coin number and PCGS automatically assign the PL coin number? >>

PCGS did it automatically. They told me the fees were changing, but they didn't mention the new grades in advance.
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They told me the fees were changing >>

What fees are changing?

• << <i>

<< <i>They told me the fees were changing >>

What fees are changing? >>

Through the Bulk department, the fees had been GEM BU at one price and MS69 at another. All they said was that there making them the same price. That seemed odd at the time, but makes sense now that they're doing PLs, and those fees are significantly higher.

• << <i>

<< <i>Well here it is, a complete set of PCGS MS 69 DMPL... eBay >>

Thanks, you beat me to it image
    I also have a PL set now listed. I will list a few individual PL's as well.

... >>

Just curious, how many raw coins did you have to inspect to get a complete DMPL set?
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the best place to buy capsules for these? My recently opened Fidelitrade set is so full of mirrors I want to get them out of the bubblewrap. I also want something more protective before I send (or drive) them in for grading.

One more question - for those who have received a DG set, how long did it take to get your set from the time your check was cashed?

• << <i>

<< <i>They're using different coin numbers for these, so that may be where the confusion is. For example, here are the Grand Canyon coin numbers:

MS69DMPL: 506575 >>

Did you submit under the original coin number and PCGS automatically assign the PL coin number? >>

Am wondering the same.... all the pics i see on ebay al look the same.... I know it is always better to see in hand but, I dont get it or see it for that matter.
    Do I just tell the TPG what I want.
  • Anybody check the DMPL Pop Reports yet? image
    Not sure about it being the best place to buy capsules but I had good luck with air-tites.com . If you order tonight it could be there as early as Monday depending on where you live, he ships really quick and used Priority for my order. Air-tites.com ships bulk airtites repackaged by him, which was fine with me but I think Wizzard Coin Supply uses individually sealed ones, not sure of their shipping speed though.
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anybody check the DMPL Pop Reports yet? image >>

Yes, I did.

• I noticed there are no pictures of the Washington side of the coins on Ebay for PCGS PL and DMPL coins. Are these also frosted and mirrored? I have yet to see one myself. It would be great to see some pics of what PCGS considers DMPL with shots of both sides of the coin.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file