Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• << <i>
    My Amark set (great looking coins) just went to Quality Control at NGC.....it took 6 business days to get graded...probably ship tomorrow >>

Is that 6 business days after it was scheduled for grading? Mine have been there since the 10th. Scheduled for grading for I think 3 buisness days now.
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, I just now received my A-Mark order today. I had order number 39 placed on the 18th of January. Yes number 39, that is not a typo.
    Now what to do with itimage >>

sell it to me? image
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anybody know if I can use my PCGS 8-submission voucher to-regrade 8 ATBs from A-mark?

Also is it possibly to designate minimum grade (say MS68) for this re-grade and leave the ones below MS68 in "BU" holders?

Thanks in advance >>

I submitted my a-mark sets for regrade, min grade on form was ms-67, and got one back grade ms-66 image
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭
    What were the obvious defects?

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi

• << <i>

<< <i>
    My Amark set (great looking coins) just went to Quality Control at NGC.....it took 6 business days to get graded...probably ship tomorrow >>

Is that 6 business days after it was scheduled for grading? Mine have been there since the 10th. Scheduled for grading for I think 3 buisness days now. >>

6 business days after my delivery confirmation said it was delivered (2/11 Friday)..it did not show as "received" until 2/14 Monday

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Is that 6 business days after it was scheduled for grading? Mine have been there since the 10th. Scheduled for grading for I think 3 buisness days now. >>

6 business days after my delivery confirmation said it was delivered (2/11 Friday)..it did not show as "received" until 2/14 Monday >>

Wow. Mine showed as rcvd 2/10. not in qc yet. hmmmmm
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    anyone have a buy price at MCM...

I hear 1450 today for anything?

• << <i>anyone have a buy price at MCM...

I hear 1450 today for anything? >>

You want to check here.
    BST
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    So that would exclude the sealed fidelitrade sets, and the ones pre-screened by you...image Seriously though 7/8's, whatever happened with your grades and did you really get a bunch of 62's?
  • "Well, my buddy said he's done with this guy. I asked if he had a problem with me outing this guy, he said go ahead...So here's the buyers ID:

thnknrvn2da ",

BLOCKED, Thanks for sharing. Question, has PCGS started giving PL grades on these yet?, if not, does anyone know the reason why?
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So that would exclude the sealed fidelitrade sets, and the ones pre-screened by you...image Seriously though 7/8's, whatever happened with your grades and did you really get a bunch of 62's? >>

I hope to get my prudential set this week and I too am waiting on 7/8 results. Not gonna send it to them if all he got was 62. In that case will go back to my original plans. Please let us all know when you get those in hand...........image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So that would exclude the sealed fidelitrade sets, and the ones pre-screened by you...image Seriously though 7/8's, whatever happened with your grades and did you really get a bunch of 62's? >>

image Yeah, what's up with the 62's??????
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Seriously though 7/8's, whatever happened with your grades and did you really get a bunch of 62's? >>

Not known yet guys. I dont have the box back yet. It was shipped back last week around Thurs.

I send thru my coins on an ANA member submitter. Nothing is published online for that type of submission. I called and she gave me the grades but didnt elaborate by coin or confirm how many coins. I think we might have a problem and thats why I want to see them in person.

Dont worry - I will publish results either way.

I have a second group of 14 coins in to NGC now - made it in on the 14th for ER. Dont think they made it through yet even to QC.
  • I have a super rare one of a kind off weight 5 oz national park bullion coin...no wait, that is just a huge scratch from MTB image
  • Its hard to believe it's almost March and these people still haven't sold all these coins. I guess when something has been so absurd so long you just get used to it. Even the mint hasn't sold the fancy versions yet.

• << <i>Its hard to believe it's almost March and these people still haven't sold all these coins. I guess when something has been so absurd so long you just get used to it. Even the mint hasn't sold the fancy versions yet. >>

Simply...Pucktarded!!!! image
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am having Puck withdrawal, no sets to look at, nothing to hold in my hand(except the cash) Everyone I talked into buying a set have now informed me they too like the pucks and are going to keep there sets.image I passed on fidetrade and dillion in hopes that 1 of the other 2 (I don't count ampex) would surely put a few of there sets up. Weeks go by and i am still puckless. Is today the day I get the prudential set? Please i need a fix................image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

• << <i>I am having Puck withdrawal, no sets to look at, nothing to hold in my hand(except the cash) Everyone I talked into buying a set have now informed me they too like the pucks and are going to keep there sets.image I passed on fidetrade and dillion in hopes that 1 of the other 2 (I don't count ampex) would surely put a few of there sets up. Weeks go by and i am still puckless. Is today the day I get the prudential set? Please i need a fix................image >>

There is always the Mint in the background prolonging the fiasco. Maybe this week there will be a sale date announcement....well.....before summer anyway

I still think they will offer them individually but all on the same day...
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a question, how do you redeposit an uncashed teller's check back into your account that's been returned by an ATP stamped void?

I think there's a statement I need to write on the check, something like "Not Used for Intended Purpose" or something like that?
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I am having Puck withdrawal, no sets to look at, nothing to hold in my hand(except the cash) Everyone I talked into buying a set have now informed me they too like the pucks and are going to keep there sets.image I passed on fidetrade and dillion in hopes that 1 of the other 2 (I don't count ampex) would surely put a few of there sets up. Weeks go by and i am still puckless. Is today the day I get the prudential set? Please i need a fix................image >>

There is always the Mint in the background prolonging the fiasco. Maybe this week there will be a sale date announcement....well.....before summer anyway

I still think they will offer them individually but all on the same day... >>

My guess is they are waiting for special packaging to be made.

• ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's a question, how do you redeposit an uncashed teller's check back into your account that's been returned by an ATP stamped void?

I think there's a statement I need to write on the check, something like "Not Used for Intended Purpose" or something like that? >>

Go to the bank that issued it and they will tell you what to do.

• << <i>

<< <i>Here's a question, how do you redeposit an uncashed teller's check back into your account that's been returned by an ATP stamped void?

I think there's a statement I need to write on the check, something like "Not Used for Intended Purpose" or something like that? >>

Go to the bank that issued it and they will tell you what to do. >>

You beat me with THAT answer.imageimage
    I've decided there is REAL support for these. I think they'll really go up from here. The number of listings on ebay are slowly going down. MCM is offering 1450+ for any sets they can get. I believe I'm going to hold a few sets from here...like 5

When I search ebay I use this string
    (america the beautiful,atb) (5 oz,5oz,5 ounces,5 ounce)

Does anyone know a better one? Using this, there have only been some 1200 listings. Evidently there's a lot of non-flippers buying these. I personally know several people who had no interest whatsoever but now want to collect them.
    Why not? Silver is sweet!
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin

<< Here's a question, how do you redeposit an uncashed teller's check back into your account that's been returned by an ATP stamped void?>>

<<I think there's a statement I need to write on the check, something like "Not Used for Intended Purpose" or something like that? >>

<<Go to the bank that issued it and they will tell you what to do. >>

Here's the answer if this ever happens to you...I just called the bank and they told me to endose it over the statement "Not Used for Purpose Intended"

Many years ago, my mom worked in a bank and for some reason that phrase seemed familar.
  • FT has just cashed my check. That means that I have bought three sets of these ATB's.

My first one was an Apmex which I sold on the bay six days after I got it. Yes, I made decent money.

My second one is from AMARK. Not a perfect set but I'm very satisfied with it. Very satisfied.

The FT set I will hold unopened. I figure that it will never go down in issue price and/or I may be able to trade it for a pricier set somewhere downline.

I would like to buy more sets but I have very limited means and shouldn't take any more debt on right now. If I decide to collect both versions of these I must consider that there will be three more sets to come out this year!

My total net out of pocket investment in the two sets I will keep is $176.79.

I want to thank everyone on this site for all of your up to date postings. As I've said before--it's been quite a ride. But I'm ready to move on to the "P" pucks.

• Im also thinking about keeping my FT set unopened in their crappy sealed envelope. For those who have opened theirs, is there anything in the packaging that could cause damage and or tarnish these babies?
    BST Transactions;
    Seller- thebigeng; morgansforever; bolivarshagnasty
    Buyer-nibanny; derryb; zubie; smittys; konsole; tootawl; socalbigmark; fullcameo; coinkid855
  • sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 829 ✭✭✭
    My FT set arrived flat - no kinks - If you do plan to keep it sealed.
    I did open my set and they looked good - no edge artifacts and the coins are nice. I have not yet taken them out of their individual bubble envelopes pending an order for the air tite capsules. So I don't know the PL conditions. I also do plan to keep this set within my collection.

<< <i>Im also thinking about keeping my FT set unopened in their crappy sealed envelope. For those who have opened theirs, is there anything in the packaging that could cause damage and or tarnish these babies? >>

The Ftrade's are just individually placed into a little bubble-wrap envelope. The bubble wrap is touching the coin. I don't know what the long-term affect of that would be...I would think that there might be some kind of residue over time but I guess it depends on what the bubble wrap is actually made of.

Who knows, they might end up with bubble-wrap toning
  • Sorry if this question has been answered several times before.
    I look up the codes for PCGS ATB Mount Hood submission and found the following codes.
    I heard that PCGS doesn't give proof like designation, so what are the numbers 506580 and 506581 for?

504969----2010-25C-Mount Hood NP 5 oz Silver MS
    506580----2010-25C-Mount Hood NP 5 oz Silver MSPL
    506581----2010-25C-Mount Hood NP 5 oz Silver MSDM
    505104----2010-25C-Mount Hood NP 5 oz Silver - First Strike MS
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86

<< <i>Im also thinking about keeping my FT set unopened in their crappy sealed envelope. For those who have opened theirs, is there anything in the packaging that could cause damage and or tarnish these babies? >>

I would not trust the bubble mailers they are wrapped in for long term problem free storage. Who knows what's in the plastic bubble wrap which could damage or tarnish the pucks surfaces. Silver is highly reactive and I would never buy a set that was sealed like this for extended period of time.
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭
    Looks like PCGS is offering the Deep Mirror and Proof Like Designations. Though strange none of showed up yet.

<< <i>Looks like PCGS is offering the Deep Mirror and Proof Like Designations. Though strange none of showed up yet. >>

Where did you get that information? I see no evidence that is the case.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am having Puck withdrawal, no sets to look at, nothing to hold in my hand(except the cash) Everyone I talked into buying a set have now informed me they too like the pucks and are going to keep there sets.image I passed on fidetrade and dillion in hopes that 1 of the other 2 (I don't count ampex) would surely put a few of there sets up. Weeks go by and i am still puckless. Is today the day I get the prudential set? Please i need a fix................image >>

I hope that your Pru. set arrives today. As to a fix, you can feel lucky as you're one of the very, very few who actually got pucks from Pru.

W/MCM buying the pucks, I would never turn down any at issue. At minimum, you can make a few hundred just selling to MCM.

(MCM - thanks once again for doing so much for the Moderns market. You're the best for both buying and selling!!!)
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

<< <i>FT has just cashed my check. That means that I have bought three sets of these ATB's.

My first one was an Apmex which I sold on the bay six days after I got it. Yes, I made decent money.

My second one is from AMARK. Not a perfect set but I'm very satisfied with it. Very satisfied.

The FT set I will hold unopened. I figure that it will never go down in issue price and/or I may be able to trade it for a pricier set somewhere downline.

I would like to buy more sets but I have very limited means and shouldn't take any more debt on right now. If I decide to collect both versions of these I must consider that there will be three more sets to come out this year!

My total net out of pocket investment in the two sets I will keep is $176.79.

I want to thank everyone on this site for all of your up to date postings. As I've said before--it's been quite a ride. But I'm ready to move on to the "P" pucks. >>

I would be very careful about holding F Trade sets unopened for long. First, they are packaged such that the coin edges bang against one another. Secondly, they are placed directly into bubble wrap envelopes. Silver is a very reactive metal. I would NEVER store silver coins in such a manner. They will look horrible in short order from the plastic contact not to mention the off-gassing of other stuff from the packaging.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! See my reply to newnotes.
    Question...do you have to purchase insurance separately (and declare a value) from FedEx when shipping a set of pucks...or is there some level of automatic insurance coverage?
    Where did you get that information? I see no evidence that is the case.

Why would these be listed in the coin look up section for the ATB 5 ozers if they do not offer these? What's the reason they each have a specific coin number and description?
    Fed Ex does offer insurance, but you have to ship in a non Fed Ex Box and request insurance. At least that is what the counter person told me when I was there the last time to pick up my FideliTrade Sets.

<< <i>

<< <i>Looks like PCGS is offering the Deep Mirror and Proof Like Designations. Though strange none of showed up yet. >>

Where did you get that information? I see no evidence that is the case. >>

I did something radical - I called PCGS Customer Service. I've always found them to be very helpful.

Here's the deal:

PCGS WILL grade pucks PL, DM or even PLDM (I'll have one of those!).

DM means that the mirrored field is 4x as reflective as the average.

PL is subjective, meaning that the coins appears particularly Proof Like (i.e, proof like contrast between the field and devices).

DMPL is a combo of both (as well as the holder's ticket to tons of $$ - my opinion not from PCGS :-).

The pop. of all of the above so far is ZERO. The PCGS rep. feels that the pop will stay zero for all, but who knows.

Had I known this, I would have sent some of my deep mirrored pucks to PCGS instead of NGC. However, being that none have made the cut I doubt that I'd have been so lucky.

There you have it.

• CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>Fed Ex does offer insurance, but you have to ship in a non Fed Ex Box and request insurance. At least that is what the counter person told me when I was there the last time to pick up my FediTrade Sets. >>

My understanding is they will sell you the insurance, but unless you tell them what's in it, if lost you're outta luck. I'm fairly certain Fedex/UPS will not insure Bullion/Coins/ or Fine art. USPS will and in fact IIRC they shipped and insured the Hope Diamond

Edit: My Buddy said I was wrong and that Fedex will insure but capped at $500? Now I'm not sure.
    USPS Will insure bullion but you have tosend it registered....all seams paper taped and all that...and S-L-O-W delivery
    But, on the positive side, its fairly inexpensive.
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    I was bummed when I saw the packing on the Fidelitrade coins and did not pull the coins out of the bubble wrap
    to inspect. Last night, I couldn't take it any longer and took them out to inspect.
    They are by far the best ones I've received from any of the other AP's:
    A-Mark, MTB & APMEX

I could not find any gouges or scratches on them at all with the naked eye.
    All of the others had gouges, scratches, blemishes, etc., although not severe, I can still
    see them with the naked eye. I have not louped the FT coins yet.
  • Great!

It really is a tossup. My FTrade set wasn't great. Hot Springs had a rim dent---possibly a result of the packaging.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • For all you experienced flippers. What is the best time to end an ebay auction? Has a list been compiled somewhere of all the people to block? MTB set is at NGC. Amarks coming. Fidelitrades need to go. Not bad but a couple of marks. Will hold onto the other two.

• << <i>I was bummed when I saw the packing on the Fidelitrade coins and did not pull the coins out of the bubble wrap
    to inspect. Last night, I couldn't take it any longer and took them out to inspect.
    They are by far the best ones I've received from any of the other AP's:
    A-Mark, MTB & APMEX

I could not find any gouges or scratches on them at all with the naked eye.
    All of the others had gouges, scratches, blemishes, etc., although not severe, I can still
    see them with the naked eye. I have not louped the FT coins yet. >>

My FT pucks: Worst packaging of the sets I rec'd ....but the best looking set. Sent off last week to be graded....The only set I didn't have graded was the MTB which will be my bullion for the year instead of ASE's

<< <i>For all you experienced flippers. What is the best time to end an ebay auction? Has a list been compiled somewhere of all the people to block? MTB set is at NGC. Amarks coming. Fidelitrades need to go. Not bad but a couple of marks. Will hold onto the other two. >>

Conventional wisdom is Sun. night between 8 and 9:30 p.m. Eastern. I've spent a lot of time studying puck auctions. For now they may well be an exception as soooooo many end every Sun.

I think pucks do well ending on a M, Tu, W or Th night at the same time.

I even try to end fixed price auctions at these times as they will be most visible (i.e, highest up on the search results) just prior to ending and I'd like this to be at one of those times.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Question...do you have to purchase insurance separately (and declare a value) from FedEx when shipping a set of pucks...or is there some level of automatic insurance coverage? >>

Rich, why ship fedex if you are the one doing the shipping? I just used USPS Express Mail for 2 sets (I reinforced the inside of the EM envelope with the paper tape along all 3 seams and then tape-reinforced the flap with it when I closed it...due to the 4 pounds of solid metal) and insured for full $2900 and it was under $30. I have full confidence in the USPS with these and they are to be delivered "next day" (today).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Quick....those who haven't got a set can get a sealed MTB box for $4000 (plus $9.95 shipping)

Only a tad over 2 hours left.....

Just doing my part to help those who didn't get a set..image

Egad!

• << <i>

<< <i>Fed Ex does offer insurance, but you have to ship in a non Fed Ex Box and request insurance. At least that is what the counter person told me when I was there the last time to pick up my FediTrade Sets. >>

My understanding is they will sell you the insurance, but unless you tell them what's in it, if lost you're outta luck. I'm fairly certain Fedex/UPS will not insure Bullion/Coins/ or Fine art. USPS will and in fact IIRC they shipped and insured the Hope Diamond

Edit: My Buddy said I was wrong and that Fedex will insure but capped at $500? Now I'm not sure. >>

I work at FedEx and here is how it works. What you are shipping matters. In the past you could not ship coins at all with any free insurance. FedEx would not cover it.

About two months ago the policy was changed. FedEx will cover coins now -Exceptional Value Item- for up to $1,000 with no addtional charges. You just have to declare the value on the airbill or label.

Over $1,000 you have to buy insurance.

Hope this helps.
  • CiccioCiccio Posts: 1,405
    9400 image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file