Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That sucks on the grades 7/8. Low and high on grading? >>

Miles - I still cant get it through my head

I dont have them in hand yet, but i've never sent anything to NGC that came back worse than 68

This has to be a HUGE error, or they are dumping cr&p grades on these......to keep the high end market alive.....
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a Proof ASE that I got years ago off ebay that is graded 64 DCAM! I had a dealer take a look at it and he said:

" Cartwheel rub".....wow. I hope they are in error and you have higher grades. Where is the cutoff for PL on grades?

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

• << <i>

<< <i>That sucks on the grades 7/8. Low and high on grading? >>

Miles - I still cant get it through my head

I dont have them in hand yet, but i've never sent anything to NGC that came back worse than 68

This has to be a HUGE error, or they are dumping cr&p grades on these......to keep the high end market alive..... >>

That downright blows. It sounds like an error on their part. Hopefully you'll open the box and surprise! 69PLs.

Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • What is your local B&M? Coin shop? My plan has been to sell two of my three sets and keep one with maybe a touch of profit. FTrade is sitting next to me. Bubblewrap in tact. Need to get home to clean hands and environment before opening.
    Guys - something SMELLS at NGC.....

maybe sight impaired graders? lights too low in the room?

62? I hope she read the screen wrong.........
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just cant believe those grades 7/8. There has to be a mistake. Please let us know what becomes of this/how they look when you get them back. I have three sets there now. This makes me very nervous!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
    On the total other side of the spectrum, did you all catch the NGC MH 69 PL that brought $3661 today??? INCREDIBLE! Just as the PCGS 69s are tanking.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMERICA-BEAUTIFUL-MT-MOUNT-HOOD-NGC-MS69-PL-ER-5oz-/170602630715?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b8b58e3b
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>On the total other side of the spectrum, did you all catch the NGC MH 69 PL that brought $3661 today??? INCREDIBLE! Just as the PCGS 69s are tanking.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMERICA-BEAUTIFUL-MT-MOUNT-HOOD-NGC-MS69-PL-ER-5oz-/170602630715?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b8b58e3b >>

Linked image
  • Ok, here are my PCGS grades for 1 A Mark Set. Actually, I cherry picked two A Mark Sets and sent in One full set.

Line # Item # Cert # PCGS No. CoinDate Denomination Variety Country Grade
    1 1 19132*** 505103 2010 25C Grand Canyon NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69
    2 1 19132*** 505100 2010 25C Hot Springs NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69
    3 1 19132*** 505104 2010 25C Mount Hood NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68
    4 1 19132*** 505101 2010 25C Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69
    5 1 19132*** 505102 2010 25C Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69

Needless to say, I'm pretty happy right now.

• << <i>

<< <i>On the total other side of the spectrum, did you all catch the NGC MH 69 PL that brought $3661 today??? INCREDIBLE! Just as the PCGS 69s are tanking.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMERICA-BEAUTIFUL-MT-MOUNT-HOOD-NGC-MS69-PL-ER-5oz-/170602630715?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b8b58e3b >>

Linked image >>

Wow. But---I wonder how "rare" that coin really is?

Trosen, nice set!
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ok, here are my PCGS grades for 1 A Mark Set. Actually, I cherry picked two A Mark Sets and sent in One full set.

Needless to say, I'm pretty happy right now. >>

image You must be smiling right now! Great job!
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    TROSEN- Did you see any visible markings on any of them, and is that why you decided to submit them? I'm wondering how flawless these things need to be. My Grand Canyon had a scratch through the date, and my Mount Hood had a half inch scratch on the border visible when tilted in the light.

Thanks

<< <i>I just cant believe those grades 7/8. There has to be a mistake >>

I will report back once received. I expected at least 2-4 MS69's and at least a few PL's. The sets were cherry picked without any visible problems.

Completely rediculous. I have to see this to believe it.

I have 14 pieces in there right now for grading. Cherry picked from 6 sets. Many are amazing. I too am a little worried.
    I found the mount hood the toughest for both side to be PL.

Washie was always hairlined.
    7over8, where were these sets from, could it be rim hits like some FideliTrades have? I ask because I submitted my FideliTrades thinking they were great looking forgetting to look at the edge, and hope I am not surprised like you were. Mine are at NGC too.
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    PL looks like 62 to a blind person, Lol.
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    I cut open the Fidelitrade plastic burritos todays and lucked out on mine. Am still waiting for the prices to rebound before submitting all my sets.
  • what is a raw mt. hood selling for image
  • Opened my FTrades...perfectly clean edges. Not sure about the rest as I am waiting for my Z5 holders so did not open the individual wraps. They look pretty clean but no mirrored surfaces. Just happy not to have dented rims. Mine made it a long way from NY and all seems to depend on if you get happy or grumpy FedEx workers.

MTB due on Tuesday and then I have all three sets ordered image...MTB quickest start to finish process - 12 days first contact (yes pun intended, anyone) to estimated shipping date.

• << <i>TROSEN- Did you see any visible markings on any of them, and is that why you decided to submit them? I'm wondering how flawless these things need to be. My Grand Canyon had a scratch through the date, and my Mount Hood had a half inch scratch on the border visible when tilted in the light.

Thanks >>

All the coins I sent in looked really nice with little or no die polish marks. I had to really inspect them to find faults (ie. one or two coin marks maybe the size of a grain of sand). I'm thinking that coin marks that are immediately noticable will score 68 or lower. I knew the Mt Hood was suspect due to a scratch similar to what you described in yours , but I had to try and I knew it would give me a better reference as to the difference between grades. Also, my Yosemite had no milkspot on GW's cheek. I think the biggest gamble with sending in A Marks is that the rims aren't very visible in the pcgs slabs. To be honest, I had no idea how these would come back due to a lack of detailed comparisons. I'm definately happy with the results and can't wait to compare my newly arrived Mt Hoods to try and complete the set.

• << <i>

<< <i>An NGC 70 is no big deal to me. They grade lose on everything >>

I dont know guys - something up with NGC

I submitted 10 pieces, all appeared 67 or better.

According to customer service, none went better than 62.

I've been in this game for years, if I see that this is true upon receipt.........NGC put absolutely no time into grading these pucks.....they are trashing grades on these things..... >>

I'm confused a bit.....Why don't you just go to the "Order Status" page, click on the submission number, and SEE the grades before you get everyone in a tizzy???? I assume that's what customer service did.....

....and....maybe NGC grades only OTHER peoples coins lose...their tough when you send your own coins in image

<< <i>I'm confused a bit.....Why don't you just go to the "Order Status" page, click on the submission number, and SEE the grades before you get everyone in a tizzy???? I assume that's what customer service did..... >>

Not confusing at all.

ANA Membership and submitter. Grades not available online.

I have been submitting to both services for well over 15 years, PCGS since inception.

This experience with NGC, if true when I actually see the coins, is really unbelievable.

No rim nicks. No hits visible. Very little die polish - and only on one of the issues. I will look when they are in hand and resubmit for grade review if necessary.

• Thanks for that clarification.....

• << <i>My Fediltrades were very nice also, 3 out of 5 no strikes, possible PL, other two with hits.

Question for long term holders, are you doing a acetone dip prior to slabbing or putting in airtites? Do bubble wraps have PVC? >>

I just put my raw "Save for the future" set in Taco Bell napkins and put them in my sock drawer.....They should be fine there. image
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    News update from dillion gage how funny sure didnt take them long to go thru the list, or are they still going thru it? Thursday, February 17, 2011

NOTICE ABOUT AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL 5 OUNCE SILVER COINS:
    As a result of the high demand, our allotment of these coins has been sold. We are not able to accept any orders or phone calls. Thank you.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    One more bites the dust!

<< <i>Ok, here are my PCGS grades for 1 A Mark Set. Actually, I cherry picked two A Mark Sets and sent in One full set.

Needless to say, I'm pretty happy right now. >>

FANTASTIC!! (I got the same grades from cherry picking two MTB sets. Still need a MH 69.) Well done!!

<< <i>

<< <i>

Linked image >>

Wow. But---I wonder how "rare" that coin really is?

Trosen, nice set! >>

I'm sure that, like the PCGS Yos. 69, many more will show up. The first PCGS Yos. 69 brought $4K, the second $3800, the third $3200, now some have sold for less than $1K. NO doubt that there will be more. I think that most of the PLs will settle out at about the same level. The first one to sell always makes the big $$. Clearly I'm more of a collector than a flipper (possibly stupidly so). I had a Yos. 69 and could have sold for big $ when the first one on Ebay brought $4K, but I really liked my coin.
  • Melt today on a set is $800. Looking better and better as a silver play.
  • I have a question for those who have sold and shipped an unopened MTB UPS box. How did you ship it? Did it fit into any USPS box?
    I coworker that I turned on to the pucks is selling his MTBs unopened. I might actually do it myself in the future. What would be the best way to ship it?
    Thanks for any input.

John
    Successful BSTs with lordmarcovan, pontiacinf, Harry779, ajia, jfoot13, coinfame, Hammered54, fivecents, Coll3ctor, al410, commoncents123.
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>I have a question for those who have sold and shipped an unopened MTB UPS box. How did you ship it? Did it fit into any USPS box?
    I coworker that I turned on to the pucks is selling his MTBs unopened. I might actually do it myself in the future. What would be the best way to ship it?
    Thanks for any input.

John >>

Just find a box, that the MTB box fits in, I put my amark in a slightly larger box with packaging peanuts.

This might be your best bet
    USPS BOX
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a question for those who have sold and shipped an unopened MTB UPS box. How did you ship it? Did it fit into any USPS box?
    Thanks for any input.

John >>

I actually just used the unopened box and put a new label on it.Never opened it and sent it fine back thru ups......image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Small article on price drop...

link
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭
    Coin Vault had 30 sets for sale yestereday. You could preorder for $799 per coin NGC MS 69 ER. You would get one coin per month. The Yellowstone was guaranteed a MS ER 69 PL at $799.00. So you can at least count 30 of these in PL for Yellowston in NGC holders. Not sure if they sold out on these preorders.

I sent my 2 sets of FediTrades to NGC. Didn't really do an eagle eye on all of these, though I think some might go PL. Was planning just to sell all of these no matter what grades. Hope I didn't make a mistake and waste $500.00 in grading fees.
    the jury is out until i actually see my 10 coins that have been shipped

I have been doing this for years with moderns, none of mine should have graded below 68
  • JWMGT90JWMGT90 Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    Is there a set registry for these yet?

• << <i>Small article on price drop...

link >>

I like how the first quote is "they don't do a lot for me." Sets a great tone.

$32/oz. this morning!

• CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>the jury is out until i actually see my 10 coins that have been shipped

I have been doing this for years with moderns, none of mine should have graded below 68 >>

Fraction, its just gotta be a mistake. I don't see how you could do that bad even if you didn't screen them...Keep us posted...image
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question to the peanut gallery...

What are you doing with your dinged, rim damaged and coins with significant hits? I myself have five.

Holding them, melting them, or playing hockey with them?
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm confused a bit.....Why don't you just go to the "Order Status" page, click on the submission number, and SEE the grades before you get everyone in a tizzy???? I assume that's what customer service did..... >>

Not confusing at all.

ANA Membership and submitter. Grades not available online. >>

Actually I am confused. Why can't ANA members see their grades online?

• << <i>Question to the peanut gallery...

What are you doing with your dinged, rim damaged and coins with significant hits? I myself have five.

Holding them, melting them, or playing hockey with them? >>

I didn't buy my normal 2 rolls of ASE's last year so they will go in the box with them....although I will say the ones I am not having graded are not really that bad...
  • Those that have received MTB's, I have heard about some rolling around in the box but has anyone had coins arrive damaged, rim dings or scratches from MTB due to packaging? Thanks, expecting mine Tuesday.
  • For the non believers regarding the ATB MS70, goto to NGC's Collectors Society, http://www.collectors-society.com/Default.aspx
    On the left in the Journal Entries you will see the blurb on this coin...

Posted: 2/18/2011 9:13:00 AM | Views:68

Lordie Lordie,do we have are first seventy

(ROCKSTAR) ATB 5oz.PCGS MS70,1374 score pending.
    Wonder if they'll be anymore? That's one Lucky Guy.

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<Those that have received MTB's, I have heard about some rolling around in the box but has anyone had coins arrive damaged, rim dings or scratches from MTB due to packaging? Thanks, expecting mine Tuesday. >>

Nope...your MTB's sjould be fine...as they were also packed in round, hard plastic holders.

However, my Fidelitrade's were a complete wreck as they were only in baggies...that broke loose and destroyed each other...completely ungradable!

• << <i>For the non believers regarding the ATB MS70, goto to NGC's Collectors Society, http://www.collectors-society.com/Default.aspx
    On the left in the Journal Entries you will see the blurb on this coin...

Posted: 2/18/2011 9:13:00 AM | Views:68

Lordie Lordie,do we have are first seventy

(ROCKSTAR) ATB 5oz.PCGS MS70,1374 score pending.
    Wonder if they'll be anymore? That's one Lucky Guy. >>

So it is a PCGS 70????? I guess they ARE more lenient with grading than NGC image

Kind of a cryptic note...we'll see what comes of it
  • The PCGS MS70 strikes me as one upmanship on the NGC MS69PL/DPLs. Put out in the community an MS70 is possible from PCGS and everyone starts running to them. The whole coin grading thing seems a little unseemly kinda like everything else with these coins.
  • Can anyone confirm this 70? I don't see any hard evidence so far.

• << <i>Can anyone confirm this 70? I don't see any hard evidence so far. >>

"Score pending!"

...unless he means the sale would be the "score" ......that would make some sense

• AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    Here are my NGC results. Surprised they didn't call any prooflike!

All marked Early Release
    Yosemetie:Ms68
    Hot Springs: Ms68
    Mount Hood: Ms69
    Yellowstone: Ms69
    Grand Canyon: Ms69

How should I sell these? Individually or as one lot?
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
    Ankur, what AP did those come from? Were they really shiny with no die polish lines? I ask because it seems like we haven't seen any recent PL coins out of NGC, could they have stopped giving it?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file