Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not everyone can afford to hold these sets in this economy. If you can I believe you will do well later on.

I guess I did. >>

Excellent point !

HE>I

• My odd ball coin from A-Mark in PCGS slab. Appears the planchet was incomplete. The gouge was their before the lettering.image
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It is to bad that most people didn't have the where with all to know where to buy them at cost. >>

considering the info about the APs was made available, and I just checked, still is available on eBay, I think the eBay $2000+ club cared to expend the effort to purchase them at the lowest cost.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

• << <i>

<< <i>It is to bad that most people didn't have the where with all to know where to buy them at cost. >>

considering the info about the APs was made available, and I just checked, still is available on eBay, I think the eBay $2000+ club cared to expend the effort to purchase them at the lowest cost. >>

I agree. A simple search would have yielded information on the subject, and would have probably actually dumped them in this thread. Money isn't a problem for some folks, and rather than putting in the effort with the APs (which wasn't necessarily difficult, just tedious) it was easier to grab from ebay.

Has anyone very recently ordered from Ftrade or Amark? They've got to be very close to a sellout.

Do we get a balloon party at 10,000 posts?
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My odd ball coin from A-Mark in PCGS slab. Appears the planchet was incomplete. The gouge was their before the lettering.image >>

Ouch I think for that exact reason singles will always be needed
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I am sure amark is just about done. My order # was 3121( I believe) and I received them on Monday. Beautiful coins by the way. I took

pictures and put them on ebay for $3495 just because they were offering free listings but plan on holding them as I doubt anyone will pay

that kind of money. My Fidelitrade and MTB orders are going along with them both having cashed my checks. These 2 sets will be going to NGC

for grading,

I prefer to hold all my sets in graded containers to protect them.
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just curious, does anyone recall what the initial MCM buy price was for a set on the BST? Thanks. >>

Their first offer was for $1200 Raufus; right as the APMEX sales were nearing the docks.

They have become the steady hand in recent buying.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am sure amark is just about done. My order # was 3121( I believe) and I received them on Monday. Beautiful coins by the way. I took

pictures and put them on ebay for $3495 just because they were offering free listings but plan on holding them as I doubt anyone will pay

that kind of money. My Fidelitrade and MTB orders are going along with them both having cashed my checks. These 2 sets will be going to NGC

for grading,

I prefer to hold all my sets in graded containers to protect them. >>

But, But, Now what are we going to do with all These Boxesimageimage
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

• << <i> "Do we get a balloon party at 10,000 posts?" >>

Hopefully we will have transitioned to the "Collector's edition" by then....can't figure out why they haven't even announced a sale date yet.....less than 2 weeks left in February so all those February guesses are probably toast.....
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm about to send in my last batch to PCGS for grading. I'm selling a lot of these sets for family, friends, and co-workers. I think they will all do OK when it's said and done but the days of $3500 BIN's ending with buyers is over for BU and anything under MS69, pretty much.

I might have a giveaway or something if this reaches 10k posts. Maybe something where I'll pick a random number between 1-10k and find the person that has that post # and give them something.
  • PrethenPrethen Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm about to send in my last batch to PCGS for grading. I'm selling a lot of these sets for family, friends, and co-workers. I think they will all do OK when it's said and done but the days of $3500 BIN's ending with buyers is over for BU and anything under MS69, pretty much.

I might have a giveaway or something if this reaches 10k posts. Maybe something where I'll pick a random number between 1-10k and find the person that has that post # and give them something. >>

Hmmm....maybe like giving away....say......a 5 oz ATB? image
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't get this statement:

Last week I contacted PCGS President Don Willis who told me that both the “Choice BU” and “Gem BU” sets have not been considered for numerical grades. This means, in my view, that some people who are selling their sets may not be aware that if they re-submit them to PCGS, or send them to another company like NGC, some or all of their coins may well be high grade and potentially much more valuable than they realize.

Ok Guys, I'm a little sleepy, but I read this aticle and what's the deal with the above statement??? >>

It means they were not graded and simply put into slabs, so there's no telling what grades they really are until you resubmit them. However, the writer apparently talked only to PCGS. We don't know if the same applies to the ones that were designated by NGC. >>

So, if there's no real distinction between the 2 how would one get the Gem BU label? I have noticed the GEM BU's are being promoted according to the PCGS lingo. The sellers bash the Choice BU designation and indicate the Gem Bu's are of a higher grade. If in fact neither label is as the result of a submission for numerical grades I don't get the choice of labels...???
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well...last night I finally opened up what turned out to be a load of absolute garbage from Fidelitrade.

All their lame bubble wrap envelopes were still taped in place, so all the damage must have occured before they were even packed.

Long story short, 2 coins have such major rim hits that the obverse design in that area is actually bulged out. Another two have moderate to severe rim scratches that are plainly visible without any need for magnification, and the last one is just plain scratched. It's a real crime too because at least three of the coins look like they might have been PL otherwise.

My wife had it right when she asked, "What idiots! Did they have monkeys handling them?"

At this point, I don't consider this set worth much more than melt. So that 33,000 mintage number is really going to be lower when you factor in some portion of DOA Fidelitrade sets.
  • My FTrade set was supposed to ship the 15th. Never received shipping notice so I e-mailed last night. Just got a response and coins did ship Tuesday; scheduled to deliver tomorrow.
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> "Do we get a balloon party at 10,000 posts?" >>

No, we'll get a new forum...The Puck Forum. image
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My FTrade set was supposed to ship the 15th. Never received shipping notice so I e-mailed last night. Just got a response and coins did ship Tuesday; scheduled to deliver tomorrow. >>

Mine are on the truck for delivery today!
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL

• << <i>Well...last night I finally opened up what turned out to be a load of absolute garbage from Fidelitrade.

All their lame bubble wrap envelopes were still taped in place, so all the damage must have occured before they were even packed.

Long story short, 2 coins have such major rim hits that the obverse design in that area is actually bulged out. Another two have moderate to severe rim scratches that are plainly visible without any need for magnification, and the last one is just plain scratched. It's a real crime too because at least three of the coins look like they might have been PL otherwise.

My wife had it right when she asked, "What idiots! Did they have monkeys handling them?"

At this point, I don't consider this set worth much more than melt. So that 33,000 mintage number is really going to be lower when you factor in some portion of DOA Fidelitrade sets.[/q

Well that REALLY makes me look forward to tomorrow's delivery image
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Well...last night I finally opened up what turned out to be a load of absolute garbage from Fidelitrade.

At this point, I don't consider this set worth much more than melt. So that 33,000 mintage number is really going to be lower when you factor in some portion of DOA Fidelitrade sets.[/q

Well that REALLY makes me look forward to tomorrow's delivery image >>

My Ftrade has cleared, and it's been posted back to my account, wonder when I'll get shipping info, and Hopefully they arrive undamaged image

Sounds like they packaging and shipping on the cheap
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My FTrade set was supposed to ship the 15th. Never received shipping notice so I e-mailed last night. Just got a response and coins did ship Tuesday; scheduled to deliver tomorrow. >>

Mine are on the truck for delivery today! >>

Same here!
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Regarding FT, seems monkeys may have worked with some - got a really dinged up set and others were treated much better. Really mixed bag with them
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot understand the packaging problems. How hard is it to put each coin in a bubble mailer, seal, then take all 5 coins and stack them and tape them, then wrap just once time around with bubble wrap, and seal with tape. You then stuff in a box. I put a set of five like this in a box half the size of a shoe box, safe and secure.

Clearly the best shipping yet was Amark. I would have to say overall Amark has done a great job.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad I ordered my set through A-mark... Planing on keeping this set sealed for the time being.
    Re Fidelitrade...by nature I'm not a complainer, but I was really appalled.

All 5 out of 5 were just bad. And impacts on the rim significant enough to actually buckle the obverse design...would PCGS or NGC actually grade a coin like that as MS?!?

This really required some significant mishandling somewhere along the line.
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Re Fidelitrade...by nature I'm not a complainer, but I was really appalled.

All 5 out of 5 were just bad. And impacts on the rim significant enough to actually buckle the obverse design...would PCGS or NGC actually grade a coin like that as MS?!?

This really required some significant mishandling somewhere along the line. >>

PCGS/NGC would bag them for damage.
    <<PCGS/NGC would bag them for damage. >>

I wouldn't be surprised...would they actually slab them as damaged or simply return them ungraded?
  • That was fast...

Dillon Gage Update:

Thursday, February 17, 2011

NOTICE ABOUT AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL 5 OUNCE SILVER COINS:
    As a result of the high demand, our allotment of these coins has been sold. We are not able to accept any orders or phone calls. Thank you.

PS. I was on list from beg of Jan - couple of friends of mine that got on list AFTER i told him about it - WERE called, i wasn't... neither were a few other family members that were "before them"...
    Based on names / lists / account numbers that I've seen - it seems like they ordered the list in alphabetical order account numbers starting with 889*** - and the names that were called were in the beginning of the list (the 2 friends of mine that were called were B and C. )
    Can anyone else confirm? (if you were called what letter does your last name start with?)
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    I contacted them via email and was told, yes, I was on the list. Then they sent me an order number and asked for the check...this was all yesterday.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin

• << <i>That was fast...

Dillon Gage Update:

As a result of the high demand, our allotment of these coins has been sold. We are not able to accept any orders or phone calls. Thank you.

PS. I was on list from beg of Jan - couple of friends of mine that got on list AFTER i told him about it - WERE called, i wasn't... neither were a few other family members that were "before them"...
    Based on names / lists / account numbers that I've seen - it seems like they ordered the list in alphabetical order account numbers starting with 889*** - and the names that were called were in the beginning of the list (the 2 friends of mine that were called were B and C. )
    Can anyone else confirm? (if you were called what letter does your last name start with?) >>

I am a "B" and was called last week....order #8892xx

• << <i>I contacted them via email and was told, yes, I was on the list. Then they sent me an order number and asked for the check...this was all yesterday. >>

I did the same - and all was fine.
    BUT i wasn't called, and my account number and bunch of numbers that I've seen were all in alphabetical order...
    Just thinking that is very strange / unfair to early callers with names beginning in Z :-)

• << <i>That was fast...
    ....it seems like they ordered the list in alphabetical order account numbers starting with 889*** - and the names that were called were in the beginning of the list (the 2 friends of mine that were called were B and C. )
    Can anyone else confirm? (if you were called what letter does your last name start with?) >>

I've been lurking - not much to add until now. I got my call from Dillon Gage last Friday. The fellow on the phone was a nice guy and willing to chat a little. After taking my order I suggested that he would probably be very happy when this was done. He responded with "I'm calling people in alphabetical order, and I'm only on the "C"s now. I've got a few thousand names left - then I'll be happy".

So correct - they were calling in alphabetical order, and had thousands of names....
    8896xx
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin

<< <i>Regarding FT, seems monkeys may have worked with some - got a really dinged up set and others were treated much better. Really mixed bag with them >>

the monkeys could be at the mint.

that's the way it'll be, more or less, with all the APs.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 622 ✭✭✭
    Concerning DG.

I got on the list in Dec.
    I sent an email to open an account in early Jan.
    I got a response and sent in the application.
    I didn't hear anything after that.
    I sent another email asking about the account and still didn't hear anything.

For all they know I could be a dealer wanting a lot of gold...I guess they aren't interested.

Moving on, all we have is Coins and things and Jack Hunt. I'm not holding my breath on either.

BRING ON THE COLLECTOR VERSION !!!!

• mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That was fast... Dillon Gage Update: Thursday, February 17, 2011 NOTICE ABOUT AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL 5 OUNCE SILVER COINS: As a result of the high demand, our allotment of these coins has been sold. We are not able to accept any orders or phone calls. Thank you. >>

I was on the list since December - my last name begins with K. Somebody on the board posted on Tuesday that they had called, got confirmation they were on the list and the guy on the phone took his order right then. So I called and got the same - very pleasant interaction overall. I sent my check yesterday. He didn't give me an order number, he just said to reference my name and that would be sufficient. I guess I'll see when and if my check gets cashed...
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭
    CGS/NGC would bag them for damage.

NGC could put a details label on them. I think you can request it, thought never did it with NGC.
  • PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> I got my call from Dillon Gage last Friday. The fellow on the phone was a nice guy and willing to chat a little. After taking my order I suggested that he would probably be very happy when this was done. He responded with "I'm calling people in alphabetical order, and I'm only on the "C"s now. I've got a few thousand names left - then I'll be happy".

So correct - they were calling in alphabetical order, and had thousands of names.... >>

I don't buy the alphabetical explanation....unless they are working from both ends. My brother-in-law got a phone call from DG last week and his lastname starts with "Z". After he received his call I waited a couple of days and then emailed DG on Sunday asking if I was still on the list. I received an email response on Wednesday (yesterday) stating that all I had to do was confirm my address and mail them a check and I would be taken care of.
  • sbeverlysbeverly Posts: 962 ✭✭✭
    PS. I was on list from beg of Jan - couple of friends of mine that got on list AFTER i told him about it - WERE called, i wasn't... neither were a few other family members that were "before them"... Based on names / lists / account numbers that I've seen - it seems like they ordered the list in alphabetical order account numbers starting with 889*** - and the names that were called were in the beginning of the list (the 2 friends of mine that were called were B and C. ) Can anyone else confirm? (if you were called what letter does your last name start with?)

I was called last Thursday 2/10/11. My last name begins with a B.
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...
    some may have taken it upon themselves or maybe been instructed to start in reverse ABC order.

if they are consistent with their list management, it's not a big deal to me.

Seems like everybody is starting to feel the pinch on picking up some more of these before they are all gone and the prices start to rise.
  • Well....after reading about the dinged up FT coins I had zero hope for mine which arrived today (a day early)

1st...the packaging is indeed lame....kinda like you would expect from an Ebay seller with zero feedback....no clue about secure shipping

With that said I will say that these 5 coins are probably the best coins of the 4 sets I have received so far. AMark was the leader in quality but I think these surpassed them.

Going over all 5 coins I found one small scratch on the obverse of the Hot Springs puck....THAT IS IT!

NO rim dings, yes some die polish lines but NO other marks to point at and go "Well maybe that will drop it a grade"

Fantastic.....

...and I am REALLY glad I opened the package instead of flipping it sealed....These will most definitely go for grading....need some capsules though

• sbeverlysbeverly Posts: 962 ✭✭✭
    DG gets my vote as far as the easiest to acquire from.

I got the call last Thursday just as I was about to leave the house to go to the bank.

About 20 minutes later I had the money wired to them.

The Pucks are scheduled to arrive UPS tomorrow.
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...
  • ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well...I'm out of 'em.

Just used my lunch hour to bring my two sets down to my local B&M...got $2,800 for two sets, an FT and an A-Mark set...no Ebay fees...no PP fees...no shipping or PITA factor. Not totally no Ebay fees or PITA factor since I've tried selling them on Ebay this week at prices that would net me more than the $1,400 per set without any success.

I wish FT would have shipped sooner, and that my A-Mark set would have shipped with the first batch since I was order #4xx, but that order was delayed since my PP and shipping addresses were different.

Overall among the easiest $800+ I've ever made. And I've already used the proceeds to add a few NEWP's while I was at the B&M. image

That B&M is smiling today. They probably have buyers lined up for those at twice the price, but if you are happy, then congrads on the quick profit.
  • I almost canceled my order from FT, but I'm glad I didn't. Just opened them after picking them up at Fed Ex. The packaging was horrible, the absolute pits!!! That said, the coins are fantastic. They are the best of any I received. The are perfect with no marks or dings and are all mirror finish. I was thinking of selling them to MCM until I saw them. Usually I have PCGS grade my coins, but these might go to NGC.

If you are waiting for FT, I hope you get as lucky as I did.
  • The new DG statement isn't really anything new. They're just saying no new orders because they can sell their allotment to the folks on their list...

MCM still offering $1525 for unopened sets. With all of the weak hands and unopened boxes, the current nature of the game at this point is the search for 69s.

Numsimatics are still TBD this morning.

• << <i>

<< <i>Regarding FT, seems monkeys may have worked with some - got a really dinged up set and others were treated much better. Really mixed bag with them >>

the monkeys could be at the mint.

that's the way it'll be, more or less, with all the APs. >>

True. With the Amarks, you can't see the edge nearly as easily.
  • johnravjohnrav Posts: 230 ✭✭
    My MTB and FT pucks both arrived within an hour of each other (MTB was attempted delivery yesterday) and FT was a day early. I will be opening them tonight.
  • johnravjohnrav Posts: 230 ✭✭
    Where did all the FS Gem BU PCGS sets come from? There are way to many full sets to be random individuals sending for grading. I would bet this would explain one more AP inventory.

• << <i>That was fast...

Dillon Gage Update:

I got on the list back on Dec, 11th I think. They called me late in the week last week, Thursday Feb 10th maybe. I was 889*** and last name starts with a B... They have not cashed my check yet.

• << <i>Where did all the FS Gem BU PCGS sets come from? There are way to many full sets to be random individuals sending for grading. I would bet this would explain one more AP inventory. >>

Correct....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file