Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Stepped around that question nicely. You're assuming everyone here is going to claim there profits and they shouldn't consider the tax they are "going" to pay as interference with profits. You clearly are one of those who will claim every penny. >>

You would be very foolish to not report profits. It is so easy for the IRS (or State DOR) to get electronic records and do a quick sort. A one off sale like this might be missed, but if you are buying in quantity on your credit card (eBay) a simple look at your purchase level compared to your reported income will generate a red flag fairly quick. Even if you sell the items local, your B&M has your name and the if he is audited, your sales are there for the auditor to see. Sell only in cash - what do you do with the cash? >>

Good time for me to sell my ms66 set of 2004 Wisconsin Extra Leaves and take the big loss
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Sell only in cash - what do you do with the cash? >>

Not that I am avoiding tax responsibilities (I'm not), but do you seriously think anyone would have any trouble spending cash? I don't... >>

You won't have any trouble spending the cash, you will have trouble explaining to the auditor why your grocery bills went to nothing (according to your checkbook) and you bought less gas but your mileage on your car shows you still drive and that is a nice tv - how did you buy it? >>

HA! Fooled them...I didn't buy a tv(thought about it though)...I bought a hot tub
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>HA! Fooled them...I didn't buy a TV(thought about it though)...I bought a hot tub >>

Nice! I love sitting in the hot tub while going over audit results...

• don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    This thread is degenerating into ridiculousness.

Greed is not always what you think it is (or isn't)

The tax man isn't knocking on every flippers door (tho you may wish he would)

You probably feel like you should have purchased more than one set but your conscience wouldn't let you. That's your issue to wrangle with.

Move on........
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • I love the pious righteous few - always some kind of hidden agenda with them.

• << <i>

<< <i>Anybody get a shipment email from Fidelitrade today? Wasn't it their plan to batch 'em out every Tuesday? I'm still waiting (Order acceptance email 1/24, check cleared 1/26)... >>

I talked to Courtney at Fidelitrade yesterday. She said that my order would ship today, via Fed-X Super saver, and that I would get an email with shipping details, including a tracking number.
    Gary
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    Rescued from page 3!image
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio

• << <i>Rescued from page 3!image[/q

I believe with most of the coins distributed and results of grading already in, this thread is and its subject matter is caught up in a slow but sure.....death roll.

• << <i><<Stepped around that question nicely. You're assuming everyone here is going to claim there profits and they shouldn't consider the tax they are "going" to pay as interference with profits. You clearly are one of those who will claim every penny. >>

I also like to live in a country where bridges don't collapse, aircraft don't fall out of the sky and the trains run relatively on schedule...and that all costs money. Such is life. >>

Well, what about those who don't live near water, airports or have train service... we are suppose to pay so you can feel safe image... just joking...
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭
    Whitman does not plan on making coin folders for these at this time. Guess the coins are just too big.
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Is it shipping day for Fidelitrade?
    Checking my email..............................image
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Whitman does not plan on making coin folders for these at this time. Guess the coins are just too big. >>

Maybe PCGS will make a 20 box for them.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.

• << <i>

<< <i>Whitman does not plan on making coin folders for these at this time. Guess the coins are just too big. >>

Maybe PCGS will make a 20 box for them. >>

The HSN robbers sell a box that holds the ANACS 5oz slabbed coins they sell for $4799 a set! It may work for PCGS slabs but not sure what the Anacs dimensions are and if they are comparable in size. This box is $49.95

http://www.hsn.com/collectibles/wooden-5-slab-display-box-for-5-oz-coins_p-6317346_xp.aspx?web_id=6317346&ocm=sekw

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Anybody get a shipment email from Fidelitrade today? Wasn't it their plan to batch 'em out every Tuesday? I'm still waiting (Order acceptance email 1/24, check cleared 1/26)... >>

I talked to Courtney at Fidelitrade yesterday. She said that my order would ship today, via Fed-X Super saver, and that I would get an email with shipping details, including a tracking number. >>

...and your checked cleared when??
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a different question:

Has anyone received any checks back yet for Fidelitrade cancelled orders? They owe my sister-in-law a returned cashier's check.

• << <i>Is it shipping day for Fidelitrade?
    Checking my email..............................image >>

I called and was notified my set shipped today. I did not receive an email with shipping confirmation/ tracking number. The woman I spoke with said they were working on sending out those emails today. My order was accepted 1/28.

<< <i>Here's a different question:

Has anyone received any checks back yet for Fidelitrade cancelled orders? They owe my sister-in-law a returned cashier's check. >>

Nope all cashiers checks not fullfilled will be sent Silver Eagles.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
    Well, I guess we know the price of these is not in danger of tumbling any time soon. MCM is offering $1500 a set for amarks on the bst. $1450 even for open ones.
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Here's a different question:

Has anyone received any checks back yet for Fidelitrade cancelled orders? They owe my sister-in-law a returned cashier's check. >>

Nope all cashiers checks not fullfilled will be sent Silver Eagles. >>

I heard it was going to be gold plated clad state quarters.

• << <i>Here's a different question:
    Has anyone received any checks back yet for Fidelitrade cancelled orders? They owe my sister-in-law a returned cashier's check.
    Nope all cashiers checks not fullfilled will be sent Silver Eagles. >>

I remember hearing they would send 25oz of "Silver Bulk Generic Bullion".
  • BTW

I had not heard from Dillon Gage, and assumed I was not in line for a set. I had called a few weeks ago to get on their waiting list. I called and talked to a representative, and he verified my place on the list and my address, and stated I could buy a set. I sent a cashier's check by express mail. If you were on their waiting list early in the game, you may want to call.
  • I'm 6 for 7 in obtaining 1 set from the various APs, including a six hour drive to Springfield. I missed out on Prudential, as almost everyboding else. I've saved about $3K due to the efforts of board members asking the mint to control prices, thanks for your efforts.

• << <i>I'm 6 for 7 in obtaining 1 set from the various APs, including a six hour drive to Springfield. I missed out on Prudential, as almost everyboding else. I've saved about $3K due to the efforts of board members asking the mint to control prices, thanks for your efforts. >>

You must be waiting on Jack Hunt and Coins N Things. Prudential suspended their sales, so you may not have completely missed out. I would love to see an ebay listing on set from every AP, all sealed (ex. The Gold Center).

<< <i>BTW

I had not heard from Dillon Gage, and assumed I was not in line for a set. I had called a few weeks ago to get on their waiting list. I called and talked to a representative, and he verified my place on the list and my address, and stated I could buy a set. I sent a cashier's check by express mail. If you were on their waiting list early in the game, you may want to call. >>

Did you already have an account with DG?
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm 6 for 7 in obtaining 1 set from the various APs, including a six hour drive to Springfield. I missed out on Prudential, as almost everyboding else. I've saved about $3K due to the efforts of board members asking the mint to control prices, thanks for your efforts. >>

image You were at the gold centers party? wow that makes about 4 or 5 of us from this board. I bet old jim still has a few sets in the back room. It really hasn't been than hard to get sets, except prudential with there phone lines. Again my bet is they all have a few sets left to sell. I want to be the first from coins and things or even jack hunts NEW BOXES woohoooooooimage
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

• << <i>Well, I guess we know the price of these is not in danger of tumbling any time soon. MCM is offering $1500 a set for amarks on the bst. $1450 even for open ones. >>

they are selling the a-mark coins for $1849. they aren't as greedy as some are. their prices keep coming down for what the sell.
  • I called DG today and they aknoledged having me on the list. but did not tell me how far on the list.
  • Hey everyone, joining up after following the forum for a month. Plus my other forum is getting boring image

I did not receive my FTrade shipping notification either today. They told me last week it would ship today. I as well as many sent in concerns about their packaging and am wondering if they are on a day or two delay to improve packaging...yah right sorry got crazy there for a second.

Anyone still needing a set? I called MTB last week and sent my scanned info via e-mail whcih bounced back over and over despite the small file size. To my suprise yesterday I received a confirmation from them of my info being received (should I actually say thank you Comcast?), I wired money yesterday, and today received shipping notification...really, they have left NY, WOW! They also told me last week they had plenty of sets left, not sure what that means.

• << <i>

I asked someone at PCGS last Friday about making a box for these and they said they don't have plans to do so. Makes no sense to me- there's another 10 years of these pucks coming, and PCGS's current storage system for them is fairly shabby.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I asked someone at PCGS last Friday about making a box for these and they said they don't have plans to do so. Makes no sense to me- there's another 10 years of these pucks coming, and PCGS's current storage system for them is fairly shabby. >>

How much do you think it would cost PCGS to have this box created? How many do you think they would need to have? What price do you think they would need to sell them at -vs- be able to sell them at?
    It actually makes sense to me, but if you think they are really making a mistake, maybe this is a business opportunity for you? image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• I had not heard from Dillon Gage, and assumed I was not in line for a set. I had called a few weeks ago to get on their waiting list. I called and talked to a representative, and he verified my place on the list and my address, and stated I could buy a set. I sent a cashier's check by express mail. If you were on their waiting list early in the game, you may want to call. >>

Did you already have an account with DG?

I sent an account opening form a few weeks ago, but I believe they are waiving normal procedures for purchases of this set.
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard 7of9.
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Numismatic Collective, 7of9. It's amazing you held out for so long - you more than anyone should know that resistance is futile!!! image
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, 7of9!image

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Welcome 1969seattlepilots 7 posts since 2003? Quit monopolizing the boards.
  • Has anyone actually gotten their pucks from Prudential?

I did get through in the first week in the two hour phone "lottery" window, and they cashed my check on 1/20.

I still have not received a shipping notification, and they are supposed to ship to the "Diamond State Depository." From there, I guess they notify me that it is there, and I can pick it up in person, or have them ship it to me for a fee?

• goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Has anyone actually gotten their pucks from Prudential?

I did get through in the first week in the two hour phone "lottery" window, and they cashed my check on 1/20.

I still have not received a shipping notification, and they are supposed to ship to the "Diamond State Depository." From there, I guess they notify me that it is there, and I can pick it up in person, or have them ship it to me for a fee? >>

I know someone who has sent their check to Diamond to get the pucks, $50 shipping, but have not gotten them yet.

• << <i>Welcome to the Numismatic Collective, 7of9. It's amazing you held out for so long - you more than anyone should know that resistance is futile!!! image >>

Maybe his name has to do with how successful he's been getting the pucks from the APs. Welcome 7of9!
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks

• << <i>

<< <i>Welcome to the Numismatic Collective, 7of9. It's amazing you held out for so long - you more than anyone should know that resistance is futile!!! image >>

Maybe his name has to do with how successful he's been getting the pucks from the APs. Welcome 7of9! >>

Probably from a big family...

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Welcome to the Numismatic Collective, 7of9. It's amazing you held out for so long - you more than anyone should know that resistance is futile!!! image >>

Maybe his name has to do with how successful he's been getting the pucks from the APs. Welcome 7of9! >>

Probably from a big family... >>

gold center, fideltrade, amark , ampex, mtb, dillion gage, said he could not get thru on prudential. Where did 7over8 go? image

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

<< <i>

<< <i>Well, I guess we know the price of these is not in danger of tumbling any time soon. MCM is offering $1500 a set for amarks on the bst. $1450 even for open ones. >>

they are selling the a-mark coins for $1849. they aren't as greedy as some are. their prices keep coming down for what the sell. >>

I am pretty sure the owner is a member here.

• ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

gold center, fideltrade, amark , ampex, mtb, dillion gage, said he could not get thru on prudential. Where did 7over8 go? image >>

He fell asleep reading this thread. It's getting pretty darn boring. Where's the sleeping icon thingy......

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

gold center, fideltrade, amark , ampex, mtb, dillion gage, said he could not get thru on prudential. Where did 7over8 go? image >>

He fell asleep reading this thread. It's getting pretty darn boring. Where's the sleeping icon thingy...... >>

He fell asleep reading this thread. It's getting pretty darn boring. Where's the sleeping icon thingy......
    image sure hope they don't miss the release today.............image

Link to My Registry Set.

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Tom, what did you let the cat out of the bag for?

<< <i>Tom, what did you let the cat out of the bag for? >>

She's not out yet image

Link to My Registry Set.

• Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    Just got my shipping notice from Fidelitrade, shipped yesterday, in Memphis now!image
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Man! Slow day here. No new news from the Mint or APs...

Jack Hunt, Prudential, and CNT---what are you up to?

BTW, for those of you who have extra 4x4 coin flips or airtites for these, I'm looking for some. See my BST link. I don't want to buy 50 or 100 at a time....
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Thanks,

An out-of-the-closet coin lurker.

I purchased all the sets on my own going through the hassles of buying from each AP. My son reluctantly tagged along for the drive to Springfield, but he was too young to purchase a set.

What's the all time forum topic leader in number of posts? I know I've seen the one started by the platinum expert in the 8000s.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file