Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Has anybody seen a faint 3/4" circular "stain" or impression on the obverse of their coins? It's in dead center, in the cheek and hair areas. Difficult to see. You need a bright light and have to view the coin at a certain angle to see it. Appears on my Hot Springs and Grand Canyon coins. Looks almost like a manufacturing mark. Does anyone know what might have caused this? >>

I noticed something similar on mine also, even my 12 year old noticed as he was looking over my shoulder. IMHO, it looked almost like they'd used a suction cup to lift/move it. Hightly doubt that's the case, but it's what came to mind for me.
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭
    Was that a FideliTrade set also?

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
    Yup.
    Oops...image
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well First person on ebay with a MS70 PCGS Set Read his description and look at the pictures of the coin, whats wrong with this pictures and he has a whole set that is being sold indvidually.MS70 PCGS whole set?image I also see he has them as Proof 70 Not MS >>

Look who's selling that one....it's the shill king himself....you can't gauge by this sale.....they'll shill the shlitz out of the item.
    I'll come up with something.

<< <i>How many of the people who got FideliTrade sets noticed edge dings? I'm like the poster earlier, I looked at them twice and thought they looked nice but forgot to check them all for edge dings before submitting them. Maybe not all of FT's got them? >>

My edges are fine, although the bubble wrap provided very little protection from dings. Not sure why they didn't slide around in the envelope. I really don't understand why FideliTrade didn't package better. They could have easily charged another $10-20 to cover better packaging.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm just curious about the "edge hits" that are on some of the coins from Fidelitrade. At least one of mine had a dent or two on the edge. I didn't think to check all of them closely, but I did only notice it on one of them. I sent them in to be sure to get "early release" status, and maybe proof like status if I'm lucky on a couple of them. How much does the "edge dent" affect the grading of the coin? >>

They could bag it for damage if it's that noticeable.
  • spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. I can see it all now. It will turn out 3 out of five are wrecks. Oh well, that's what I get for not taking my time and checking them out real good first.

• << <i>

<< <i>How many of the people who got FideliTrade sets noticed edge dings? I'm like the poster earlier, I looked at them twice and thought they looked nice but forgot to check them all for edge dings before submitting them. Maybe not all of FT's got them? >>

My edges are fine, although the bubble wrap provided very little protection from dings. Not sure why they didn't slide around in the envelope. I really don't understand why FideliTrade didn't package better. They could have easily charged another $10-20 to cover better packaging. >>

I think Fidelitrade's view on these was move 'em in, move 'em out and no messing around. Turn 'em for a quick profit and be done. Amark made the smarter move though--they obviously put a little more time into the whole program and are going to leave a lasting impression with folks due to their professionalism.

Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • if you ship through ebay/paypal insurance only goes to $500. Ebay wants you to use there new insurance they offer. If you ship from usps.com you get the $5000 insurance.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>You can also only insure up to $500 via the other services. With registered you can insure up to $25K. >>

Not true. I don't know what the limit is, but the $500 insurance limit applies only to shipments via Paypal's shipping. I have shipped with at least $1000 insurance on a priority mail label printed at USPS.com. IIRC, around $1500 Priority w/insurance is more expensive compared to registered with insurance. So above $1500, go registered, under go priority, unless the special handling is important to you. >>

I've shipped USPS Priority, Registered and Express many times w/over $4K insurance.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to ask another NGC question, but this is really the first and only time I plan on using them image. Anyway, should I have written on the invoice that I wanted Early Release, or is selecting Modern Special enough? I probably should have wrote it in the special instructions box but I didn't think about it then. Is it too late?
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I don't know but you can always call them Monday morning and tell them.

<< <i>Sorry to ask another NGC question, but this is really the first and only time I plan on using them image. Anyway, should I have written on the invoice that I wanted Early Release, or is selecting Modern Special enough? I probably should have wrote it in the special instructions box but I didn't think about it then. Is it too late? >>

Modern Special should do it, but they've told me to also write it in under "Variety". Definitely call them on Mon. and you'll be fine.

Also, remember that in addition to the usual Modern Special fee there is a $25/coin fee for the pucks.
    Thanks guys, I did do Modern Special Oversized Holder, and made a note about the glue on the bubble wrap bags and to charge me the coin removal fee. I will definitely call first thing Monday to straighten things out about the Early Release designation.
  • What "coin removal fee"?? Are you kidding??

~ Vince Lombardi
    Their instructions say they charge $1 per coin to remove items in air-tites, taped flips, stapled 2x2's and so on. I had no problem with it and was quite happy to know that they will still grade them because the glued bubble wrap bags were the only thing suitable I had to keep them in. I just wanted to warn them ahead of time.

Edit: I guess that it could be considered original mint packaging though image haha
    Sorry but I really don't know what to say. They charge extra for picking up a pair of scissors & snipping open a bubble bag?? !! Amazing! image

~ Vince Lombardi

• << <i>Sorry but I really don't know what to say. They charge extra for picking up a pair of scissors & snipping open a bubble bag?? !! Amazing! image >>

What does it for me is the $250 + for putting the coins in 10cents worth of plastic and printing a number on a label. Although, I still pay it....
  • sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Sorry but I really don't know what to say. They charge extra for picking up a pair of scissors & snipping open a bubble bag?? !! Amazing! image >>

What does it for me is the $250 + for putting the coins in 10cents worth of plastic and printing a number on a label. Although, I still pay it.... >>

and the final straw are the milk spots which could show up after a few years of capsulation in the cheap plastic!

<< <i>

<< <i>Well First person on ebay with a MS70 PCGS Set Read his description and look at the pictures of the coin, whats wrong with this pictures and he has a whole set that is being sold indvidually.MS70 PCGS whole set?image I also see he has them as Proof 70 Not MS >>

Look who's selling that one....it's the shill king himself....you can't gauge by this sale.....they'll shill the shlitz out of the item. >>

There are no 70's! The pop report was updated this morning. Very strange auction. I didn't believe there would be any 70's. So I'm not sure what this guy is selling??? Someone should ask him what exactly he's trying to sell!!
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sent him a note asking if he was selling proof 70 or MS70, Or the 69's that he has pictured. Thanks for checking the pops I figure this guy does not have any 70's but is just making it look like it. By saying top pop which we all know is MS69. Oh well another person trying to take advantage of others, BAD LISTING as far as I am concerned.Will see if they reply............... image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • I sent him a note yesterday saying the same....obviously done intentionally but I also told him to prepare for a few SNAD cases

..and regarding NGC and charging for "coin removal"

Nope....I ALWAYS send moderns in plastic capsules and have never been charged for opening them (and they occasionally return them when asked..I forgot to ask on my pucks)
  • PCGS MS69 FS's have gone from the $2k range to $800's .....Hot Springs 2/5 $2150..2/12 $885....Yellowstone 1/29 $2700....2/12 $806 kinda sucks for a top pop

I think the PL and DPL's are going to zip by them and stay ahead
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I sent him a note yesterday saying the same....obviously done intentionally but I also told him to prepare for a few SNAD cases

..and regarding NGC and charging for "coin removal"

Nope....I ALWAYS send moderns in plastic capsules and have never been charged for opening them (and they occasionally return them when asked..I forgot to ask on my pucks) >>

same here, never got charged
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My amark set order #26xx arrived at fedex office today so I get to pick them up in the morning. image >>

Got the coins on Saturday, WOW! Other than the die polish these are really nice looking coins and I could not believe the packaging. A-mark gets a A mark from me. image
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Look who's selling that one....it's the shill king himself....you can't gauge by this sale.....they'll shill the shlitz out of the item. >>

LMAO

They have many bidders and all over $1100

Joe

<< <i>

<< <i>

LMAO

They have many bidders and all over $1100

Joe >>

There have been numerous, numerous thread about this seller. And the current top bidder is the same one as many of his others. 98% bidding activity with this seller:

Bidder Information
    Bidder: d***a( 355)
    Item description: Item Title: 2010 AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL FIRST STRIKE 5 OZ. SILVER C
    Bids on this item: 2
    30-Day Summary
    Total bids: 867
    Items bid on: 217
    Bid activity (%) with this seller: 98%
    Bid retractions: 0
    Bid retractions (6 months): 9

If it walks like a duck............image

• Look at the pop report on 505100, Hot Springs.
    Isn't that 1 noting a 68+. What would a MS 68+
    not have that a MS 69 would?

Not mine. Interesting to see it.

Did any of you that got your coins from A Mark receive an email from Fed ex delivery service requesting all kinds of information .It went into my spam folder and I think that is where it belongs. Any input?

I already have a delivery date & time from fed ex.

I think this is a scam myself for some reason.
    It's a scam and it is only a coincidence that you got it around the same time. USPS put out warnings over it.

• << <i>Did any of you that got your coins from A Mark receive an email from Fed ex delivery service requesting all kinds of information .It went into my spam folder and I think that is where it belongs. Any input?

I already have a delivery date & time from fed ex.

I think this is a scam myself for some reason. >>

my amark coins are coming tomorrow by fedex and i got no emails from them. must be a scam.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.

My thoughts exactly. I never answer anything like that.
  • PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just received a phone call from FedEx stating I have a delivery scheduled for tomorrow which requires a signature. I am quite sure it is an AMark delivery.
    I just keep watching in amazement as these nonsensical NEYRONIX auctions keep ending w/prices around $500 higher than the going rate for PCGS 69s. As everyone has noticed, he says that they are PR70s (???) w/PCGS 69 pictured.

Who's the doofus bidding these up? All shills?? If not, he's sure in for some SNADs big time.

<< <i>I just keep watching in amazement as these nonsensical NEYRONIX auctions keep ending w/prices around $500 higher than the going rate for PCGS 69s. As everyone has noticed, he says that they are PR70s (???) w/PCGS 69 pictured.

Who's the doofus bidding these up? All shills?? If not, he's sure in for some SNADs big time. >>

His top two bidders have 99% bids with him, draw your own conclusions!!:

Winning bidder:

Bidder Information
    Bidder: d***a( 355)
    Item description: Item Title: 2010 AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL FIRST STRIKE 5 OZ. SILVER C
    Bids on this item: 4
    30-Day Summary
    Total bids: 920
    Items bid on: 219
    Bid activity (%) with this seller: 98%
    Bid retractions: 1
    Bid retractions (6 months): 10

Runner up bidder:

Bidder Information
    Bidder: l***a( 1184)
    Bids on this item: 3
    30-Day Summary
    Total bids: 924
    Items bid on: 556
    Bid activity (%) with this seller: 99%
    Bid retractions: 2
    Bid retractions (6 months): 17
    Oh, that's not suspicious at all. At least if you're schizo.
    Yet he's a "Top Rated Seller". Good lord.

A speculative ? for the gang: Do you think that the pucks will rebound once all of them from the APs have been absorbed or destined for the current premiums over spot??
    Higher graded coins, and maybe un-opened boxes will do well.

• << <i>Yet he's a "Top Rated Seller". Good lord.

A speculative ? for the gang: Do you think that the pucks will rebound once all of them from the APs have been absorbed or destined for the current premiums over spot?? >>

Well, I'm certainly no expert, but I'll throw in my 2 cents....

It'll be delayed a bit. It'll be awhile before the market eventually decides that the APs are sold out. And the numismatics sometime in the next few months will divert attention for at least a little while. I think a nice bump will come when the Mint announces the mintages for the 2011 ATB bullion and begins releasing those. The 2011 designs are strong and should only help the series gain momentum, I think. Plus, they'll hopefully be easy to get. This bump won't bring the 2010 pieces back to ridiculous levels ($3k), but maybe to where they're at around now or a bit less. I'm talking about raw sets.
  • one thing is for sure THE PRICE KEEPS COMING DOWN on this watermelon sized coins.
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

<< <i>one thing is for sure THE PRICE KEEPS COMING DOWN on this watermelon sized coins. >>

I looked earlier and estimated 3 or 4 pages of ebay auctions would end today.

<< <i>

<< <i>one thing is for sure THE PRICE KEEPS COMING DOWN on this watermelon sized coins. >>

I looked earlier and estimated 3 or 4 pages of ebay auctions would end today. >>

Yes, Sunday is looking like the time to NOT sell these things.

<< <i>

<< <i>Yet he's a "Top Rated Seller". Good lord.

A speculative ? for the gang: Do you think that the pucks will rebound once all of them from the APs have been absorbed or destined for the current premiums over spot?? >>

It'll be delayed a bit. It'll be awhile before the market eventually decides that the APs are sold out. And the numismatics sometime in the next few months will divert attention for at least a little while. I think a nice bump will come when the Mint announces the mintages for the 2011 ATB bullion and begins releasing those. The 2011 designs are strong and should only help the series gain momentum, I think. Plus, they'll hopefully be easy to get. This bump won't bring the 2010 pieces back to ridiculous levels ($3k), but maybe to where they're at around now or a bit less. I'm talking about raw sets. >>

Thanks for the analysis PF.

I think that your reasoning is sound. My goals are now to assemble and keep a 69 set from PCGS and NGC and to sell the rest. Don't know whether to sell those that I'm planning to sell now or to hold for a year or two.

I have a complete NCG 69 set now from some awesome MTB coins. The Yos. is a PL. The other Yos. is a 68. Bummer on that last one. They are still bringing good money. Might sell and hope for another. It's currently up on Ebay at a BIN/OBO which is commensurate with the current prices for an NGC 69 set + the difference between a 69 and a 69 PL Yos. Would have been a lot easier if that 68 had been a 69. If I can't get that price don't know whether to drop it and still take a large profit and hope for another set or hold. Incidentally, I have not idea why the 68 is not a 69. It is extremely clean.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Yet he's a "Top Rated Seller". Good lord.

It'll be delayed a bit. It'll be awhile before the market eventually decides that the APs are sold out. And the numismatics sometime in the next few months will divert attention for at least a little while. I think a nice bump will come when the Mint announces the mintages for the 2011 ATB bullion and begins releasing those. The 2011 designs are strong and should only help the series gain momentum, I think. Plus, they'll hopefully be easy to get. This bump won't bring the 2010 pieces back to ridiculous levels ($3k), but maybe to where they're at around now or a bit less. I'm talking about raw sets. >>

Thanks for the analysis PF.

I think that your reasoning is sound. My goals are now to assemble and keep a 69 set from PCGS and NGC and to sell the rest. Don't know whether to sell those that I'm planning to sell now or to hold for a year or two.

I have a complete NCG 69 set now from some awesome MTB coins. The Yos. is a PL. The other Yos. is a 68. Bummer on that last one. They are still bringing good money. Might sell and hope for another. It's currently up on Ebay at a BIN/OBO which is commensurate with the current prices for an NGC 69 set + the difference between a 69 and a 69 PL Yos. Would have been a lot easier if that 68 had been a 69. If I can't get that price don't know whether to drop it and still take a large profit and hope for another set or hold. Incidentally, I have not idea why the 68 is not a 69. It is extremely clean. >>

I guess what it boils down to is whether you're in it to collect/longterm invest or just in it for profit. For me, it's a bit of both, and I suspect this is the case with a good percentage of the folks here. Given that premise, keeping a set and selling the rest sounds like a good idea to me! Though to be honest, with my finances, I probably can't choose to keep a bullion AND numismatic set. I will likely go with the later.

Personally, I feel that there are far worse modern collectables than the 5 oz. ATBs.
    1. Close to spot prices if from the APs.
    2. Inaugural relatively low-mintage issues.
    3. Part of a coherent series that SHOULD yield some decent designs.
    4. Coins that depict places that are famous world-wide.

Though this series does have some of the problems that are facing the spouses--namely the problem of a semi-long series with high precious metal content. How many folks will be able to afford the entire series when it's all done? All depends on where silver is going.
    Definitely a bit of both for me too, however collector clearly wins out. If that weren't the case, I'd have sold my PCGS 69s when they were bringing moon money as I was one of the first to get mine back. In fact, I think that I had the first PCGS pucks in hand on Ebay (my 66's).

I see that Segoja just sold an NGC 69 set (his zillionth I think) for $3700 which represents essentially no premium for the 69 PL Yos. Very hard to figure. The 69PL Yos. are bringing about $1300-$1500+. Like so many things w/the pucks, makes little sense.
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just keep watching in amazement as these nonsensical NEYRONIX auctions keep ending w/prices around $500 higher than the going rate for PCGS 69s. As everyone has noticed, he says that they are PR70s (???) w/PCGS 69 pictured.

Who's the doofus bidding these up? All shills?? If not, he's sure in for some SNADs big time. >>

I have bought lots of coins from Neyronix in the past, and have gotten some VERY good deals. I'm not saying that something funny isn't going on, but my experience with him has been good.
  • Prices are taking a bit of a beating tonight. I guess that's what happens when everybody ends their auctions on a Sunday....

When things are done tonight, I'm going to take a look through and see who's buying these things. We're getting close to where the dealers have to be tempted to step in.
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    ok, I've heard a lot of talk about PL and DPL..I've seen several sets of these coins and thought "oh yeah, that is probably PL". Well, I think now that I've seen what I really think is a PL, I know the others were NOT PL. What do you think of this one? The black rods you see in the background are the top of a metal bookshelf across a 20 ft room.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    8800!

Loves me some shiny!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file