Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    This is getting scary.image
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    You want scary? Look at these Fidelitrade packaging pics. what a load of crap-o-la. Thanks Fidelitrade. You suck. That is one trashed Mt. Hood. Melt. image

• BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    Well I received a set from Fidelitrade today and just looked at them. They don't exhibit near as much die polish lines as other's I've seen. But, they ALL have some minor scratches, smudges, and rim dings. No 69's in this bunch.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭
    Once you sign up for NGC you have a member number and can generate an invoice to submit coins. I sent mine Express. However, in order to qualify for Early Release the coins must be received by NGC by February 14th. Postmark will not work.

• << <i>You want scary? Look at these Fidelitrade packaging pics. what a load of crap-o-la. Thanks Fidelitrade. You suck. That is one trashed Mt. Hood. Melt. image

That shouldn't affect its melt value image

• << <i>You want scary? Look at these Fidelitrade packaging pics. what a load of crap-o-la. Thanks Fidelitrade. You suck. That is one trashed Mt. Hood. Melt. image

image >>

That first pic doesn't look like what they said they would ship in. I may cancel.

"d) the envelope sealed in a FedEx Bubble Pak"
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just opened my Ftrade set. Here are pics of the packaging. Not impressed compared to the other APs, but I don't think the coins were damaged in any way by this packaging.
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭
    Guess we know why FideliTrade took so long to ship. That kind of quality packaging can't be found just anywhere...
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I can't believe I did it.....I said I was done...I will wait for the Mint issues........I lied to myself image

I just got a call from Dillon Gage....never expected it as I added my info as an afterthought...

I bought another set.....

I am now looking for a 12 step puck program in my area....

Unfreakinbelievable..... >>

Was going to tell you I can pick you up on the way to the meeting, I just got the call too, But I said NO Thanks, I think they were even surprised. wooohooo I"m FREE.....image >>

With limited incomes you can only buy so much of this stuff. I still need to find a way to pay for my 3rd set. >>

Bet everything on 00 ---- good odds, right? image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the ftrade packaging, what is on the paper in there?
    Name/address?

Trying to see if it would be worth selling "unopened" like I just did the amark....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I got mine. If MS-69 means no flaws to the unaided eye, I don't have to worry about that.

I did get one mirrored George. Another George already has a green spot. >>

You do have to develop "the eye" before you can see the flaws. When I first started collecting moderns a few years ago I would look at a coin and think it was flawless, and send it in to PCGS and have it come back MS65. >>

Ain't that the truth!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Guess we know why FideliTrade took so long to ship. That kind of quality packaging can't be found just anywhere... >>

I bought a DG set, yet to be shipped. At least the pics from some earlier feebay DG auctions showed DGI labeled, sturdy, corrugated boxes. Maybe those will be OK.

Fidelitrade? Total BS.

<< <i>I have looked at both my A-Mark and FideliTrade orders which came today and have decided.... That FideliTrade's were better. My Hot Spring and Grand Canyon were almost completely die polish free and were a mirror, I now know what people meant by seeing themselves in the coin, I can see myself in all mine, but I can truly see myself in these two from FideliTrade, they are extremely mirrored. I haven't found a scratch on any from FideliTrade though a few smudges, while I have found a couple of scratches on A-Marks. The bubble wrap bags didn't move around during shipping and they remained flat despite my concerns. I think if you are receiving FideliTrade coins there isn't much need to worry about the shipping, I thought they would be melt after I heard how they shipped them, but they are really great. The PCGS slabs may be distorting my view of the A-Marks, since you can't really match viewing them raw as I was able to do with FideliTrade's but I can definitely see a lot of die polish.

The quality from AP's appears to be irrelevant though since they are all mingled and shipped 100 to a box so anybody could get a coin produced at the beginning and the end, this is just my report on my orders.

Just to add, I think they are wonderful and much better than expected, with all the people ragging on them though that's not hard to do. The design does fill the coin and I think it works for the size. The giant quarter obverse is what all the non collectors I have shown it to like as well as the beauty of the parks that is showcased by the size. I think the idea of owning a giant quarter may help the collectibility, that is the initial reason I wanted one myself. >>

Your non-collector comments struck a resonant cord for me today.

I got my first NGC's back today (TWO thumbs up for the MTB sets that they came from!!!). Despite the countless hours that I've spend dealing w/pucks since Nov. my wife - as non-collector as they come - asked to see one while I was taking photos for Ebay. I showed her the MS69ERPL Yos. she just loved it. That's the first non-collector reaction that I've seen to them. I was very encouraged. She could not have been less impressed w/all of my "08W Buffs, plats and the like but she REALLY liked these. A good sign I thought.

I also LOVED the slabs.
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help guys, I just signed up for NGC and am ready to go, will overnight my coins tomorrow morning for Monday delivery.

I'm sorry to hear about some peoples bad experiences with FideliTrade, but I must say I am pleased with them and that's the only reason I am sending them in for grading, If my A-Marks were anywhere near as nice they would have gone but they are not unfortunately.

<< <i>Here is the link to the Air-tites

I haven't used them yet, mine should be here tomorrow. >>

They're the same as the ones that the APMEX pucks came in. I thought that they would be custom made for the ATBs but they're not. They work just fine for shipping. I got FANTASTIC service from Air Tite.

<< <i>Has anyone here submitted a coin with those annoying die polish marks to PCGS and received an MS69? >>

Yes and yes. I have PCGS 69s w/die polish.

<< <i>I was early on list also and have not been called.I keep checking my caller id. >>

They do leave messages if they call. That's how I got mine.
  • Just got my fidelitrades. An edge ding or two on every coin
  • Just what is the current goign rate right now on ebay for sealed and opened coins?
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    My amark set order #26xx arrived at fedex office today so I get to pick them up in the morning. image
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
    Do you think it will be okay to mail my coins to NGC in the bubble wrap bags that FideliTrade sent them in. I have nothing else yet and my mail with the capsules I ordered will be here after the post office closes tomorrow. I wrapped them each in more bubble wrap and put them in a box.

Edit: I thought about it and while it's not ideal they sat in those bags for over a week at FideliTrade and they are still fine. I'm sure they will survive until Monday.
  • Well i just finally received a shipping notice from A-Mark to my APO address. I guess theyre cracking down on any suspicious addresses since mine seemed to be one of them. Not sure why because my address even though is in Europe it is technically a NY address

Im excited to get my one and only set...next one will be the mint version

• << <i>

<< <i>I was early on list also and have not been called.I keep checking my caller id. >>

They do leave messages if they call. That's how I got mine. >>

Yup....The caller ID did not give a number..said "Unavailable/Out of Area". I was ignoring it when the rep started to leave a message...I answered.....

Edited to add:

Tomorrow (2/13) will be the last day to enter your guess of the total price of a set of 5 US Mint collector's Pucks. Win a nice 2008 W ASE

Rules are way to far back to find image

Price of 5
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>With the ftrade packaging, what is on the paper in there?
    Name/address?

Trying to see if it would be worth selling "unopened" like I just did the amark.... >>

Just a generic packing slip, doesn't even have the price on it. Also a tri fold brochure which promotes their company...
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

My coin set from A mark are at the local fed ex sorting center but not scheduled for delivery until tuesday, It doesn't make sense to me why

they will not be delivering on monday.
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well First person on ebay with a MS70 PCGS Set Read his description and look at the pictures of the coin, whats wrong with this pictures and he has a whole set that is being sold indvidually.MS70 PCGS whole set?image I also see he has them as Proof 70 Not MS
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

• << <i>Well First person on ebay with a MS70 PCGS Set Read his description and look at the pictures of the coin, whats wrong with this pictures and he has a whole set that is being sold indvidually.MS70 PCGS whole set?image I also see he has them as Proof 70 Not MS >>

Well....69 is VERY close to 70...give or take a point image

<< <i>Do you think it will be okay to mail my coins to NGC in the bubble wrap bags that FideliTrade sent them in. I have nothing else yet and my mail with the capsules I ordered will be here after the post office closes tomorrow. I wrapped them each in more bubble wrap and put them in a box.

Edit: I thought about it and while it's not ideal they sat in those bags for over a week at FideliTrade and they are still fine. I'm sure they will survive until Monday. >>

They'll be fine as long as you don't pack them like F Trade did where the edges bang against one another.

• << <i>Well First person on ebay with a MS70 PCGS Set Read his description and look at the pictures of the coin, whats wrong with this pictures and he has a whole set that is being sold indvidually.MS70 PCGS whole set?image I also see he has them as Proof 70 Not MS >>

• << <i>

<< <i>Well First person on ebay with a MS70 PCGS Set Read his description and look at the pictures of the coin, whats wrong with this pictures and he has a whole set that is being sold indvidually.MS70 PCGS whole set?image I also see he has them as Proof 70 Not MS >>

>>

they all are priced at $1125 with 20 plus bids somethings up here
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, what is your opinion on the PCGS "Choice BU" slabs done for AMark?

Would you crack them out for any reason?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭

<< <i>Yellowstone NGC Prooflike ER MS 69

This is a true First Strike. >>

There's no way this person just happened to submit his set and this one came back PL.
    Since the label is individualized specifically for this particular NP, this person is either a
    dealer or bought from The Coin Vault and resold for a nice profit.

<< <i>Hey guys, what is your opinion on the PCGS "Choice BU" slabs done for AMark?

Would you crack them out for any reason? >>

I would not touch them at this point. When I get mine, and if they look fantastic, I will send them in to PCGS for numeric grading but otherwise I will just hold them as they are.
  • Can someone give me a rundown on the differences, +/- , on mailing usps registered mail vs. express mail. I mailed a package from PA to Calif last Friday registered and it still is not there and tracking for registered give no details until it arrives. Thanks

Registered takes from 5 to 10 days and is locked up at every PO it goes to so there is no way of tracking it. I prefer express insured mail

myself if it has to be there in a hurry.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Registered is much cheaper to insure and more secure than express mail, but as has been pointed out it cannot be tracked and sometimes it takes even longer than 5-10 days, because they "batch" it, i.e. - they lock it up and wait until there are enough of them to ship together, securely under lock & key. There are apparently criminal penalties involved if a Registered Mail goes missing or unaccounted for.

It can be tracked, but not electronically and only if the Postmasters involved take a personal interest in making several phone calls. I would just wait it out - it's not lost, and there's nothing that can be done to expedite it.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

• << <i>Hey guys, what is your opinion on the PCGS "Choice BU" slabs done for AMark?

Would you crack them out for any reason? >>

Personally--no, but they are pretty cool in raw form. The PCGS BU slabs are nice. I haven't seen NGC's, so I can't really compare the two. Can't see the edge lettering with the PCGS slabs, but you're not missing out on much. Plus, PCGS puts "5 oz. silver" in the text, and that's the most important part of the side lettering.

AMark: solid A in packaging and presentation with these. I finally saw a set yesterday.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    I'm just curious about the "edge hits" that are on some of the coins from Fidelitrade. At least one of mine had a dent or two on the edge. I didn't think to check all of them closely, but I did only notice it on one of them. I sent them in to be sure to get "early release" status, and maybe proof like status if I'm lucky on a couple of them. How much does the "edge dent" affect the grading of the coin?
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭
    If these do good in a few years I will resumbit my amark sets again to PCGS to get the correct grades. These were not cherrypicked and some warrant a 69 grade. Right now I am in no hurry.

• << <i>Can someone give me a rundown on the differences, +/- , on mailing usps registered mail vs. express mail. I mailed a package from PA to Calif last Friday registered and it still is not there and tracking for registered give no details until it arrives. Thanks >>

You can also only insure up to $500 via the other services. With registered you can insure up to $25K.
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    I could use a little help here. I'm trying to submit my A-Mark PCGS Ch BU coins for grading. When filling out the online submission form I selected Regrade, Regular service. The next screen is asking for the certificate numbers but every time I enter the # from the slab it comes up as invalid. What am I doing wrong?

Edited to add: I entered the complete number (no luck) and then tried just the 8 numbers after the slash sign (no luck)

Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • You can now ship express on usps website with upto $5000.00 insurance.
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I could use a little help here. I'm trying to submit my A-Mark PCGS Ch BU coins for grading. When filling out the online submission form I selected Regrade, Regular service. The next screen is asking for the certificate numbers but every time I enter the # from the slab it comes up as invalid. What am I doing wrong?

Edited to add: I entered the complete number (no luck) and then tries just the 8 numbers after the slash sign (no luck) >>

The system probably does not recognize Choice BU grades. Print a regular form and hand write it. The online form is nice for standard raw and graded coins but may not be compatible in this situation.
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

Has anybody seen a faint 3/4" circular "stain" or impression on the obverse of their coins? It's in dead center, in the cheek and hair areas. Difficult to see. You need a bright light and have to view the coin at a certain angle to see it. Appears on my Hot Springs and Grand Canyon coins. Looks almost like a manufacturing mark. Does anyone know what might have caused this?

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi

• << <i>Has anybody seen a faint 3/4" circular "stain" or impression on the obverse of their coins? It's in dead center, in the cheek and hair areas. Difficult to see. You need a bright light and have to view the coin at a certain angle to see it. Appears on my Hot Springs and Grand Canyon coins. Looks almost like a manufacturing mark. Does anyone know what might have caused this? >>

could this be struck through grease? it usually leaves an area that differs from the surrounding area.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.

• << <i>You can now ship express on usps website with upto $5000.00 insurance. >>

...also with Priority Mail. I was surprised this week when I printed the label....offered me $5k also
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You can also only insure up to $500 via the other services. With registered you can insure up to $25K. >>

Not true. I don't know what the limit is, but the $500 insurance limit applies only to shipments via Paypal's shipping. I have shipped with at least $1000 insurance on a priority mail label printed at USPS.com. IIRC, around $1500 Priority w/insurance is more expensive compared to registered with insurance. So above $1500, go registered, under go priority, unless the special handling is important to you.
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Has anybody seen a faint 3/4" circular "stain" or impression on the obverse of their coins? It's in dead center, in the cheek and hair areas. Difficult to see. You need a bright light and have to view the coin at a certain angle to see it. Appears on my Hot Springs and Grand Canyon coins. Looks almost like a manufacturing mark. Does anyone know what might have caused this? >>

could this be struck through grease? it usually leaves an area that differs from the surrounding area. >>

It looks identical to the ring that's left on a wooden table from a damp glass. The ring is about a little less than 1/16" wide and a perfect 3/4" circle. The coin appears uniformly struck with good detail in all areas. If the ring was off center I'd assume someone placed something on it that left a ring. But it's dead center on both coins, and only on the obverse. It's almost as though a spacer was used in a vertical stack of coins.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
    How many of the people who got FideliTrade sets noticed edge dings? I'm like the poster earlier, I looked at them twice and thought they looked nice but forgot to check them all for edge dings before submitting them. Maybe not all of FT's got them?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file