Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• << <i>Just got a call from Dillon Gage offering a set to me as I was on the list.
    Checks or wire only. No CC

Edit: $937, shipping included. >>

Just a quick look a costs/shipping:

APMEX: $171.99/coin, $9.15 S&H/coin
    AMark: $175.07/coin, $19.80 S&H/coin
    Fidelitrade: $172.04/coin, $13.80 S&H/coin
    Dillon Gage: $187.40/ coin (including S&H)
    MTB:?

Are all of the Ftrade shipments so far from the Friday order deliveries?
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I just got a confirmation number from fidelitrade. They said it would be 6 to 8 weeks for delivery.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i was willing to pay even more than i offered, as i said before they were upwards of 3000 or more only a week ago. I am disabled and use ebay to help make money when i am short on the bills, i have 4 kids and live on a disability that is less than 60% of my normal income and dont receive any childsupport from the father of my children and i am afraid if you leave me a negative it could effect myy ability to use ebay to help pay my bills and raise my kids. Please find it in your heart to overlook this situation and help me out, thanks and god bless you!!

Translation:

I've been ripping people off left and right because of ebay's policies that do nothing to protect the seller, and I like to use ebay to extort as much money from people as I possibly can when I overextend my leverage. This is much better than playing the stock market on margin because if there is a margin call, I can just plead hardship. I'm getting a $9,000 tax refund, which means that I make plenty of money and forgot to reduce my number of exemptions this year. I am smart enough to speculate on multi-thousand dollar items in a fast-moving and highly-speculative coin market on ebay, but I am not smart enough to figure out how to get my scammer ex-boyfriend to pay child support for (4) ???!!!!! kids. Never mind that I collect disability and welfare both. Please overlook my criminal activities so that I can continue to collude with ebay to rip off more people like you. And God Bless! >>

100% spot on translation! image
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Just got a call from Dillon Gage offering a set to me as I was on the list.

Are all of the Ftrade shipments so far from the Friday order deliveries? >>

MTB was $186.00/coin (including S&H)

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Just got a call from Dillon Gage offering a set to me as I was on the list.

Are all of the Ftrade shipments so far from the Friday order deliveries? >>

MTB was $930.00 >>

Cool, thanks:

MTB: $186/coin (including S&H)
  • JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    We have a couple of non paying ATB ebayers to post, but gonna give them a few more days until NPB's are closed. One MS68 set and another that won three MS69 sets.

John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MTB was $860/set +$25 commision +$45 shipping.

• << <i>We have a couple of non paying ATB ebayers to post, but gonna give them a few more days until NPB's are closed. One MS68 set and another that won three MS69 sets.

John >>

This is what happens in a falling market, buyers remorse.
  • Sorry double post
  • Crazy Auction, Remember this guy?

LINK
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Crazy Auction, Remember this guy?

LINK >>

I want to say that seller is a member here, not sure.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pudential was 856.90 and 50 dollars shipping.......image oh yeah thats funny he is one of the springfield boyzz..................
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Thanks. Not that tracking this is all that important, but... here's a look at the AP sales to the "general public" by the numbers:

Disclaimer: Keep in mind some of these numbers have been unsubstantiated.

MTB: $177/coin (inc. commission), $9.00 S&H/coin
    Prudential: $171.38/coin, $10.00 S&H/coin
    The Gold Center: $195.00/coin (OTC sale, handling inc.)

Current melt as of 2/10: ~$150.80

• Friend of mine also got a call from Dillon Gage...

Anyone know if they ship in capsules?
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭
    My mother just got her MTB set today.

• << <i>Thanks. Not that tracking this is all that important, but...

Current melt: ~$150.80 >>

Might as well add TGC. $195.00/coin

• << <i>

<< <i>Thanks. Not that tracking this is all that important, but...

Current melt: ~$150.80 >>

Might as well add TGC. $195.00/coin >>

Thanks. Edited above. Is this buying in person?
  • Yes that was OTC. Total for the 5 coin set was $975 all inclusive.
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 of my 5 Fidelitrade pucks were fantastic Deep mirrored superb gems. The packaging left alot to be desired though. I'm pleased as punch with themimage

• << <i>Yes that was OTC. Total for the 5 coin set was $975 all inclusive. >>

Wow. They could reasonably charge a handling fee, but still.
  • Hello, I was looking to get some advise on selling an extra set of these coins. I've noticed that the prices have come down a bit to around $1400-1600 a set for un-slabbed coins. I was wondering if it would be worth it to spend the roughly $250 to get my set graded by PCGS before attempting to sell them. I noticed a couple minor scratches and some minor rough edges so I realise these coins arn't perfect. What do you guys think they would be graded at and would they even warrant someone paying a several hundred more for the set even if they were a MS68(I guess I could check some prices of completed items and see for myself.)

Also! Im waiting on a set from FideliTrade, I was curious as to how their coin qualities were compared to Dillon Gage's if anyone has them in hand and was able to compare.

• Presumably our handling fee went toward hiring 3 off-duty cops, which was good considering all the riff-raff and Manpower scamming effort. He sure didn't offer up blankets or open shop early to accommodate everyone standing outside all night though!

• << <i>Hello, I was looking to get some advise on selling an extra set of these coins. I've noticed that the prices have come down a bit to around $1400-1600 a set for un-slabbed coins. I was wondering if it would be worth it to spend the roughly $250 to get my set graded by PCGS before attempting to sell them. I noticed a couple minor scratches and some minor rough edges so I realise these coins arn't perfect. What do you guys think they would be graded at and would they even warrant someone paying a several hundred more for the set even if they were a MS68(I guess I could check some prices of completed items and see for myself.)

Also! Im waiting on a set from FideliTrade, I was curious as to how their coin qualities were compared to Dillon Gage's if anyone has them in hand and was able to compare. >>

I would get an eye loupe out and head on over to PCGS's website. Dig up the qualifications for MS coins and see if you can make a guess as to what grade it might get. If it's high, probably worth sending in.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FedEx just brought both the Fidelitrade and the AMark sets. The Fidelitrade coins look great, with a couple that have minor rim scuffs from die ejection, I guess. The AMark coins look good except for Mt. Hood, which has significant skid marks in the field right above the peak and Hot Springs which has a nominal scuff on the border.

The PCGS slab plastic appears to be somewhat hazy. Has anyone commented on what this might be?

Overall, Fidelitrade and AMark get image Thank-you, Fidelitrade & AMark. I appreciate your integrity.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

• << <i>

<< <i>Hello, I was looking to get some advise on selling an extra set of these coins. I've noticed that the prices have come down a bit to around $1400-1600 a set for un-slabbed coins. I was wondering if it would be worth it to spend the roughly $250 to get my set graded by PCGS before attempting to sell them. I noticed a couple minor scratches and some minor rough edges so I realise these coins arn't perfect. What do you guys think they would be graded at and would they even warrant someone paying a several hundred more for the set even if they were a MS68(I guess I could check some prices of completed items and see for myself.)

Also! Im waiting on a set from FideliTrade, I was curious as to how their coin qualities were compared to Dillon Gage's if anyone has them in hand and was able to compare. >>

I would get an eye loupe out and head on over to PCGS's website. Dig up the qualifications for MS coins and see if you can make a guess as to what grade it might get. If it's high, probably worth sending in. >>

Since you are going to PCGS wait until you have all the coins in hand and pick out the the best of each design and send those in...also...don't forget you have to pay to join PCGS before you submit (or pay a dealer to submit them for you)
  • Well, I got my fidelitrade set in. Packaging is the worst of all the APs in my opinion. 2 were PL, but that doesn't matter since I use PCGS. All have some scratches. I have a set in to PCGS right now and waiting on grades, but for those who have received grades already, does one or two small scratches constitute a 69 or are your 69s completely scratch free?
  • Ok thanks guys!
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Just got the DG call. I bought another set. That makes four sets, from four different APs. Help me. I'm outta control! Can't stop buying sets at mint directive price. image

MTB was just delivered. Fidelitrade delivery due within the hour. It's freaking ATB puck city here today.

Can't open MTB or Fidelitrade packages, I pre-sold 'em, fingers crossed that the buyers are good and don't get a case of remorse.

But if the buyers return them, that's OK too. I think long term you can't lose with the 2010 pucks.

Onward thru the fog!!!!!!!
  • Here is the PCGS MS Conditions Link for those who might be interested. Its still a little vague though.

Link

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Hello, I was looking to get some advise on selling an extra set of these coins. I've noticed that the prices have come down a bit to around $1400-1600 a set for un-slabbed coins. I was wondering if it would be worth it to spend the roughly $250 to get my set graded by PCGS before attempting to sell them. I noticed a couple minor scratches and some minor rough edges so I realise these coins arn't perfect. What do you guys think they would be graded at and would they even warrant someone paying a several hundred more for the set even if they were a MS68(I guess I could check some prices of completed items and see for myself.)

I would get an eye loupe out and head on over to PCGS's website. Dig up the qualifications for MS coins and see if you can make a guess as to what grade it might get. If it's high, probably worth sending in. >>

Since you are going to PCGS wait until you have all the coins in hand and pick out the the best of each design and send those in...also...don't forget you have to pay to join PCGS before you submit (or pay a dealer to submit them for you) >>

If you can take very good photos with lots of detail, its easier to just put them up on ebay. Informed buyers will know what to look for and if its good in multiple buyers minds you will capture that in higher prices. If these are just loose like FTrade's thats going to make them a lot less attractive to buyers. Grading will add a membership cost/grading cost and time delay which you might not be willing to accept. Right now, you'd get maybe $1200.00 for loose raw unholdered coins IMO.
  • ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At long last I'm finally getting some love from the AP's. Fidelitrade attempted delivery today, and I rerouted to the FedEx branch for pickup, and my Amark set finally shipped after speaking with them again on Tuesday to straighten out my Paypal Address not equal to my shipping address issue. Once I agreed to have them ship to my PayPal address, they've got it freed up.

At this point I'd reiterate that anyone who has not heard form A-Mark from the first day ordering, should call...not e-mail...them and attempt to make the necessary changes to get the delivery going.

By Tuesday I should have my two sets in hand at long last!! image

<< <i>At long last I'm finally getting some love from the AP's. Fidelitrade attempted delivery today, and I rerouted to the FedEx branch for pickup, and my Amark set finally shipped after speaking with them again on Tuesday to straighten out my Paypal Address not equal to my shipping address issue. Once I agreed to have them ship to my PayPal address, they've got it freed up.

At this point I'd reiterate that anyone who has not heard form A-Mark from the first day ordering, should call...not e-mail...them and attempt to make the necessary changes to get the delivery going.

By Tuesday I should have my two sets in hand at long last!! image >>

Congrats it has been a long ride to get these sets.

Luckily my first set from MTB looked pretty solid and should get pretty nice grades.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Still waiting on coins from ap`s. Got coins in from e- bay purchase today very pleased with the looks of them. Got lucky, glad to have some in hand even if i had to pay a premium.Now if i get some at ap cost i can average down.
    My order from A Mark shipped today Fed Ex . it was order #30xx

Est del date 2/14

• << <i>My order from A Mark shipped today Fed Ex . it was order #30xx >>

ditto the flood gates are opening poor flippers

<< <i>

<< <i>My order from A Mark shipped today Fed Ex . it was order #30xx >>

ditto the flood gates are opening poor flippers >>

release the hounds

• nycounselnycounsel Posts: 1,229 ✭✭
    I'm guessing a fair percentage of would-be flippers will decide to keep them once they're in hand.
    Dan

• << <i>

<< <i>My order from A Mark shipped today Fed Ex . it was order #30xx >>

ditto the flood gates are opening poor flippers >>

You don't have to talk about me like I'm not here.

Mine are not going to be flipped.
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mine are not going to be flipped. >>

Nor mine. Strong hands here!
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio

• << <i>Crazy Auction, Remember this guy?

LINK >>

Who in their right mind would end an auction at that time?

<< <i>

<< <i>Mine are not going to be flipped. >>

Nor mine. Strong hands here! >>

Pitt and Class what if 3 outta your 5 look like poor quality, then what, maybe flip em?

No!

• << <i>

<< <i>Crazy Auction, Remember this guy?

LINK >>

Who in their right mind would end an auction at that time? >>

One month from now, anyone should be happy to get that much...
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

Well, after 2 months of trying, my first set finally arrived today! FTrade. 3 out of the 5 are eye clean. The Yo has the obligatory milk spot on the cheek with a small abrasiaon/scratch on the reverse. The HS has a small scratch on the obverse. Not much reflecting. The finish has more of a satin quality. Very scary how these were packaged. But overall very pleased with the quality.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Sweet!

Dealers are starting to watch these closely.....the $1400 and $1200 purchases look like they were probably snatched by dealers. More of this to come...
  • 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No milk spots on mine. Just got yesterday from A-Mark - these are very nice coins. Very very few flaws - there is one small crescent shaped stacking mark just inside the rim on Grand Canyon. I would say 67,68,69,69, 69 after looking at them under magnification. Very nice pieces and very PL. The obverse almost looks fake...Oh, my order was 5xx so was expecting them sooner....
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No! >>

And No!image
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    Just got my A-Mark and FideliTrade sets, which concludes my orders. They came a day early! The A-Marks are free of marks it appears just heavy die polish on all. Not sure if proof like. The FideliTrades are still in their bubble wrap, will have to get the gloves out later. Am a little scared handling them until their airtites arrive.

How are others submitting the FideliTrades in for grading, is leaving them in the plastic OK since plastic can't scratch metal?

Thanks
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    8600!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file