Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I will stick with my 3. I can't afford any more.
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i><<Yes. They were in individual bubble wrap like inserts. >>

OK...that's pretty pathetic...no holders?

How about MTB...did they ship in holders? >>

MTB shipped in individual bubble mailers all taped to the bottom of a large box
    with that brown paper tape that has to have moisture to stick. One of mine broke
    free from its envelope and was rolling around in the huge box, but it was in a capsule
    like APMEX used.
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    Here is the link to the Air-tites

I haven't used them yet, mine should be here tomorrow.
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I can't believe I did it.....I said I was done...I will wait for the Mint issues........I lied to myself image

I just got a call from Dillon Gage....never expected it as I added my info as an afterthought...

I bought another set.....

I am now looking for a 12 step puck program in my area....

Unfreakinbelievable..... >>

Was going to tell you I can pick you up on the way to the meeting, I just got the call too, But I said NO Thanks, I think they were even surprised. wooohooo I"m FREE.....image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here is the link to the Air-tites

I haven't used them yet, mine should be here tomorrow. >>

These guys are the manufacturers. Call them and see if they are still going to make direct fits that are specifically for the ATBs.

Those Z5 and Z10 were designed a while ago for generic 5oz and 10oz silver rounds.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>

<< <i>I can't believe I did it.....I said I was done...I will wait for the Mint issues........I lied to myself image

I just got a call from Dillon Gage....never expected it as I added my info as an afterthought...

I bought another set.....

I am now looking for a 12 step puck program in my area....

Unfreakinbelievable..... >>

Was going to tell you I can pick you up on the way to the meeting, I just got the call too, But I said NO Thanks, I think they were even surprised. wooohooo I"m FREE.....image >>

With limited incomes you can only buy so much of this stuff. I still need to find a way to pay for my 3rd set.

<< <i>

These guys are the manufacturers. Call them and see if they are still going to make direct fits that are specifically for the ATBs.

Those Z5 and Z10 were designed a while ago for generic 5oz and 10oz silver rounds. >>

Yes, these are not made specifically for these, but I needed something soon. That air-tites.com guy seems to be a super fast shipper too, I ordered yesterday and they will be here tomorrow.

• << <i>

<< <i><< UPS attempted signature delivery to my home yesterday, and will try (and fail) again today. I'm thinking Fidelitrade order? I hope the contents aren't damaged with all the extra back and forth... requiring home address is a real pain for those of us with day jobs.

I have picked up both UPS and Fedex packages from their main facilities. If you don't have tracking for your UPS just wait til they put the notice on your door, it should have the tracking info. Just call them and tell them you want to hold the package at the facility for pick up. Just have a photo ID and the tracking number if the package is mailed in your name. If somebody's else's name you have to have that person pick it up. >>

If it is an MTB order you cannot have them held. After three attempts it goes back to MTB. >>

UPS held mine for pickup after three failed attempts. They will hold for five days before returning to the sender.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks

• << <i>

<< <i>

Those Z5 and Z10 were designed a while ago for generic 5oz and 10oz silver rounds. >>

Yes, these are not made specifically for these, but I needed something soon. That air-tites.com guy seems to be a super fast shipper too, I ordered yesterday and they will be here tomorrow. >>

Are these the same capsules that came with the APMEX coins? They do rattle a little and seem to have an ability to collect dust, but they do the job. Anyone have a link to plastic flips that will fit these?
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If it is an MTB order you cannot have them held. After three attempts it goes back to MTB. >>

You can also call or go on the website and have them left at the nearest Kinko's if you have one nearby. Some are open 24hours...
  • Has anyone here submitted a coin with those annoying die polish marks to PCGS and received an MS69?
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    I've used the airtite capsules, thought the fit was fine, a very small side to side movement but nothing when flipped...
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<..a very small side to side movement but nothing when flipped... >>

Kinda like my read-end as I get older!!!

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>If it is an MTB order you cannot have them held. After three attempts it goes back to MTB. >>

You can also call or go on the website and have them left at the nearest Kinko's if you have one nearby. Some are open 24hours... >>

Nope, MTB did not use FEDEX.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i><< UPS attempted signature delivery to my home yesterday, and will try (and fail) again today. I'm thinking Fidelitrade order? I hope the contents aren't damaged with all the extra back and forth... requiring home address is a real pain for those of us with day jobs.

I have picked up both UPS and Fedex packages from their main facilities. If you don't have tracking for your UPS just wait til they put the notice on your door, it should have the tracking info. Just call them and tell them you want to hold the package at the facility for pick up. Just have a photo ID and the tracking number if the package is mailed in your name. If somebody's else's name you have to have that person pick it up. >>

If it is an MTB order you cannot have them held. After three attempts it goes back to MTB. >>

UPS held mine for pickup after three failed attempts. They will hold for five days before returning to the sender. >>

After missing my first delivery attempt I called UPS and asked if I could pickup from them and they said I could not. I called MTB and asked if they would change the delivery to allow for pickup from a UPS facility and they said they would not change it.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    My experience so far with Fedex + UPS direct signature required delivery - an adult at the shipping address has to sign for it. No redirects, no kinko's,, etc. APs will not change address from original ship to. What I've been doing - I gave my retired neighbor a key to my house, he comes over and signs for the package while I'm at work.

• << <i> Anyone have a link to plastic flips that will fit these? >>

I just ordered these, so I don't have them in hand yet. They offer a 4 x 4 non-PVC flip. I'm planning on using these when I submit more coins to NGC for grading

http://www.centercoin.com/coin_supplies/coin_flippettes_flips.htm

In other news, I picked up my Fidelitrade order from Fedex yesterday. The packaging made me nervous, but I couldn't be happier with the coins. I compared each coin to the NGC MS69 PL Yosemite that I have in hand, and I'd say all but Yellowstone have a decent chance of going prooflike. The mirrors on my Fidelitrade set are unbelievable. Definitely no 70s in the bunch, but certainly NGC 68s and 69s. Overall my Fidelitrade coins look much, much better than my AMark set.

Finally, I know this is a PCGS forum, but did you all see that NGC has discontinued their individual label program for these coins? Originally each park was going to have its own label with a panoramic scene of the park. They've now switched to a generic 'America's National Treasures' label that's the same for each park. Dealers submitting more than 50 coins will still receive each individual park's label, but collectors' society members are hosed. I might be the only person that cares, but I sent mine to NGC specifically for the edge view holder and unique label. Does this bother anyone else?

• << <i>

<< <i> Anyone have a link to plastic flips that will fit these? >>

I just ordered these, so I don't have them in hand yet. They offer a 4 x 4 non-PVC flip. I'm planning on using these when I submit more coins to NGC for grading

http://www.centercoin.com/coin_supplies/coin_flippettes_flips.htm

In other news, I picked up my Fidelitrade order from Fedex yesterday. The packaging made me nervous, but I couldn't be happier with the coins. I compared each coin to the NGC MS69 PL Yosemite that I have in hand, and I'd say all but Yellowstone have a decent chance of going prooflike. The mirrors on my Fidelitrade set are unbelievable. Definitely no 70s in the bunch, but certainly NGC 68s and 69s. Overall my Fidelitrade coins look much, much better than my AMark set.

Finally, I know this is a PCGS forum, but did you all see that NGC has discontinued their individual label program for these coins? Originally each park was going to have its own label with a panoramic scene of the park. They've now switched to a generic 'America's National Treasures' label that's the same for each park. Dealers submitting more than 50 coins will still receive each individual park's label, but collectors' society members are hosed. I might be the only person that cares, but I sent mine to NGC specifically for the edge view holder and unique label. Does this bother anyone else? >>

Thanks for the link!

As the mantra goes, "buy the coin, not the holder" but I thought the individual label program and the edgeview were two things going for the NGC slabs. I guess it's all kind of gimmicky, but I liked the label idea. Lame!

• << <i>

<< <i> Anyone have a link to plastic flips that will fit these? >>

Finally, I know this is a PCGS forum, but did you all see that NGC has discontinued their individual label program for these coins? Originally each park was going to have its own label with a panoramic scene of the park. They've now switched to a generic 'America's National Treasures' label that's the same for each park. Dealers submitting more than 50 coins will still receive each individual park's label, but collectors' society members are hosed. I might be the only person that cares, but I sent mine to NGC specifically for the edge view holder and unique label. Does this bother anyone else? >>

You are kidding. Do you have a link? Thats one of the main reasons I sent mine to NGC, those nice individualized labels made for a nice presentation along with the edge view. What they run out of labels - this is BS

• << <i>I might be the only person that cares, but I sent mine to NGC specifically for the edge view holder and unique label. Does this bother anyone else? >>

That bothers me a lot, too. I was about to Express Mail my coins to them for ER, but this may change my mind. How did you hear about this? Can you link to the announcement?
  • Hi,I got my coins back from ngc yesterday and they all had same label.They were from MTB 4 69s and a 62.The 62 had a bunch of light scratches.

• << <i>Hi,I got my coins back from ngc yesterday and they all had same label.They were from MTB 4 69s and a 62.The 62 had a bunch of light scratches. >>

Same label you say. After all that fanfare, email blasts, coin world blurbs and so on and they just arbitrarily bag it.

• << <i>

<< <i>

You are kidding. Do you have a link? Thats one of the main reasons I sent mine to NGC, those nice individualized labels made for a nice presentation along with the edge view. What they run out of labels - this is BS >>

http://www.ngccoin.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?NewsletterNewsArticleID=1018

When my grades were released I checked my images and saw that my 5 coins had not received the unique labels, but instead had received the new label in the above article. At the time this article still showed the announcement of the unique labels.

I called customer service and was told that all submissions receive the generic label, and only NGC dealers submitting 50 or more 5 ounce ATB coins can receive the unique park labels. This totally contradicted the original announcement still posted on their website. I called back and read part of their own article to them. I was put on hold for over 10 minutes, and when they came back they told me that I could return the coins to them with another submission, and the original submission with the generic labels would be reholdered with the specific labels. The raw coins in the new submission would also receive the unique labels.

When I got back to my computer ten minutes after the phone call I checked the article linked above, and they had changed the pictures and text of the article to reflect their new policy regarding the generic label. However, the date of the article had not been changed. All of this occurred on January 31.

I bet NGC will help you out if you call customer service and tell them that you are thinking about submitting coins but would like to receive the unique label. They know they screwed this up, and are trying to minimize the impact.
  • NGC screwed up the labels to begin with. The labels should run the width of the holder like the PCGS labels. While the design is good, the labels look ridiculous because they are too small... ruins the whole presentation, in my opinion. I hope the new labels go all the way across.
  • The NGC label thing is just fishy. Reeeall fishy. They're designing the labels anyway, so why not slap 'em on the little guy's stuff?
  • They might do it gratis this time. But how much you wanna bet that in the future, if you want the park-specific label, you'll have to pay a special label fee. image
    I was going to overnight mine to NGC for the early release label but now that mine will look different and it will show they were holdered the last week I probably won't. Couldn't they have waited until Tuesday to make the change?
  • spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    I just talked to them. I don't think they give a hoot. Over fifty, yes, just one set? No way.
  • The new flag label might be better in long run, not as many out there. Funny look at ebay, most coins are park labels which means they're from dealers. Only a few have the flag label.

• << <i>The new flag label might be better in long run, not as many out there. Funny look at ebay, most coins are park labels which means they're from dealers. Only a few have the flag label. >>

Nope...the rare ones will be the Early Release with the regular non-park label...only a week or so worth of submissions
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭
    Best that NGC changes it now because next years will not match this years labels. They just got my 10 coins today. It really doesn't bother me.
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    Anyone want my Dillon Gage set?

<< <i>Anyone want my Dillon Gage set? >>

Not me. Have my own DG set coming.

<< <i>

Not me. Have my own DG set coming. >>

Me neither and I have zero sets!
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, I want my own Dillon Gage set. They haven't called me yet, or more likely, they tried calling and either got a busy signal or didn't leave a message while I was away. I was one of the early "list" members and should have been called by now...
  • I was early on list also and have not been called.I keep checking my caller id.

<< <i>

No, I want my own Dillon Gage set. They haven't called me yet, or more likely, they tried calling and either got a busy signal or didn't leave a message while I was away. I was one of the early "list" members and should have been called by now... >>

I usually don't answer the "unknown" numbers, but I had a feeling it was them. image

<< <i>

<< <i>

Me neither and I have zero sets! >>

Very clever. You are a tricky fellow.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Me neither and I have zero sets! >>

Very clever. You are a tricky fellow. >>

Quite the contrary! image
  • edit to change....
    these are not that bad looking (new ngc labels). seems like they are bigger to match size of coin.
    they were probably having copy right issues with the park images.

• << <i>Best that NGC changes it now because next years will not match this years labels. They just got my 10 coins today. It really doesn't bother me. >>

When the park labels were initially announced, NGC said there would be 56 unique labels, one for each park. They are obviously trying to cozy up to the dealers who do bulk submissions by giving them a label that is marketable. Us paeons are treated like pond scum.

• << <i>

<< <i>Best that NGC changes it now because next years will not match this years labels. They just got my 10 coins today. It really doesn't bother me. >>

When the park labels were initially announced, NGC said there would be 56 unique labels, one for each park. They are obviously trying to cozy up to the dealers who do bulk submissions by giving them a label that is marketable. Us paeons are treated like pond scum. >>

Too bad it'd be hard to differentiate orders. Otherwise you could just send a bunch of pucks to one trustworthy board member who could submit to NGC and get the individual park labels. Who knows if it would be worth it...but I'm just brainstorming.

No big deal, a label is a label.
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    got the DG call too

cant help myself

bought another set---937

do they setup an account for you?

<< <i>got the DG call too

cant help myself

bought another set---937

do they setup an account for you? >>

Yeah, they do give you an order / acct # if you ask.

I wired. The heck with that personal check 4 day mail to the AP, the heck with the wait to cash the check, the heck with the 15 day wait period after cashing the personal check, by the time you include shipping the coins to you it's a freaking waiting nightmare.

Call 'em back and get the wire info. My bank, Wells Fargo, costs $20 to wire. Well worth it. 15 min after wire, confirmation received. Speeds this whole thing up significantly.

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Best that NGC changes it now because next years will not match this years labels. They just got my 10 coins today. It really doesn't bother me. >>

When the park labels were initially announced, NGC said there would be 56 unique labels, one for each park. They are obviously trying to cozy up to the dealers who do bulk submissions by giving them a label that is marketable. Us paeons are treated like pond scum. >>

I'll definitely be calling NGC on Mon. This makes no sense at all. It's not like they're discontinuing the old labels to keep things less complex/more consistent. On the contrary, it's like they're going out of their way to dump on their customers. Whomever at NGC made this decision has real executive potential at The Mint. What an absolutely stupid thing to do on all levels.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
    Does anyone know if you can sign up for the Club of each grading company, NGC and PCGS tonight and send in submissions to arrive Monday?

Also do these need to be sent registered mail to be insured, or are they covered under the express mail insurance?

Thanks.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>got the DG call too

cant help myself

bought another set---937

do they setup an account for you? >>

Me too, and my Dad. I just can't say no to these things. I'll likely be sitting on some of these for years. I've clearly got Puck Madness as well. I have to tell myself to JUST SAY KNOW! When do we start the 12 step program??
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

• << <i>Does anyone know if you can sign up for the Club of each grading company, NGC and PCGS tonight and send in submissions to arrive Monday?

Also do these need to be sent registered mail to be insured, or are they covered under the express mail insurance?

Thanks. >>

If I remember correctly, PCGS sends you a club packet in the mail with your membership # which you will need to submit coins. I remember calling them and asking the same question, and they told me to wait a few days for the package before I sent in my subs. Could be different now, but that's the way it was last year. Hope that helps.
  • 8700?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file