Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    A question for people who have coins at NGC, what is the time it takes to change from "received" to "scheduled for grading." I want to know for sure my coins are out of their bubble wrap, or do you think they were taken out of FT's bubble wrap envelopes right away?

Thanks

• << <i>

<< <i>I know someone who has sent their check to Diamond to get the pucks, $50 shipping, but have not gotten them yet. >>

Thanks, I was hoping to drive up and pick them up myself, Diamond is about 45 minutes from my house.

Re: flips/capsules: I did manage to get a few puck sized flips at a recent show, but they were 50 cents each. (5 bucks for ten flips).

Try that wizard coin store online (forgot the exact name)... they have pretty good prices.

• << <i>Just got my shipping notice from Fidelitrade, shipped yesterday, in Memphis now!image >>

Same here...

• << <i>A question for people who have coins at NGC, what is the time it takes to change from "received" to "scheduled for grading." I want to know for sure my coins are out of their bubble wrap, or do you think they were taken out of FT's bubble wrap envelopes right away?

Thanks >>

Usually around 10 days or so to be "scheduled" ...then a few more days...then a day or two in "Quality Control"..then shipped

A lot depends on what else is going on with new issues etc.

• << <i>An out-of-the-closet coin lurker.
    I purchased all the sets on my own going through the hassles of buying from each AP. My son reluctantly tagged along for the drive to Springfield, but he was too young to purchase a set.
    What's the all time forum topic leader in number of posts? I know I've seen the one started by the platinum expert in the 8000s. >>

When did they create an age limit on coin collecting? Maybe he just didn't have an identification card?

• << <i>I know someone who has sent their check to Diamond to get the pucks, $50 shipping, but have not gotten them yet.

Thanks, I was hoping to drive up and pick them up myself, Diamond is about 45 minutes from my house.

Re: flips/capsules: I did manage to get a few puck sized flips at a recent show, but they were 50 cents each. (5 bucks for ten flips).

Try that wizard coin store online (forgot the exact name)... they have pretty good prices. >>

I went ahead and placed an order at the Wizard. Thanks. I will likely place the rest on the BST when I get them.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    We should put together a "loaner set" of capsules to share when doing puck submissions and make sure PCGS always returns them, we could all carve our forum handles in little letters on them, plus it is good for the environment and with the way the economy is and all...........................image---------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Yep, a little slow around here...................image-------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
    Thanks for the information, longer than I thought but they should be fine. Just worried about hazing from plastic on the coins.
  • Whoops!
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

RE NGC...if I go that route, I might just hold onto them until next September and walk them in at the Philly show.
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    about the capsules...I submitted a set of amarks to pcgs...in the pcgs holders. When I got them back, they were in the newly graded pcgs holders, but pcgs included 5 capsules in the box too? In case I decided to crack em out or what?
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin

• << <i>about the capsules...I submitted a set of amarks to pcgs...in the pcgs holders. When I got them back, they were in the newly graded pcgs holders, but pcgs included 5 capsules in the box too? In case I decided to crack em out or what? >>

No problem...probably just gave your AMark coins to an MTB submission and vise versa...After all...they are just bullion image
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500th post woohoo Just got this email from Austin rare coins and bullion . We just took delivery of 30 of these sets and I expect them to sell very quickly. They are complete 5-Coin, 5 ounce Silver America the Beautiful Quarter Sets. The mintage was supposed to have been 100,000 sets but due to the Mint having complications in striking them, they only produced 33,000! This has been the most-sought after US Mint product, ever. The coins are impressive, no doubt, and they are very in-demand from the collecting public.

We took some pictures of the coins in the case and put a Silver Dollar next to them to show how large they are. I have attached this to the email.

It’s the first time our country has ever struck a 5-ounce coin of any metal. Also, the Mint has never struck a coin in a 3-inch Diameter. These are the first 5 coins in an 11 year issue, so these should fare very well over time.
    I have a limit of 3 sets per client and these should totally sell out within 24 hours.

I will include a 2011 Silver Eagle with each order, and each set is $1,950, delivered.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

• << <i>I have a limit of 3 sets per client and these should totally sell out within 24 hours. I will include a 2011 Silver Eagle with each order, and each set is $1,950, delivered. >>

Wanna bet????
  • To keep us from falling asleep, here's an interesting article from Coin Update News about the pucks and which APs have distributed their allotments.

http://news.coinupdate.com/update-and-clarification-on-the-america-the-beautiful-silver-bullion-coins-0683/
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Good reading....
  • hello guys, I'm pretty new to coin collecting and have never had anything graded before, so I was wondering if someone could double check how I was setting up the NGC invoice for coin submission. I only did a couple examples but I'm assuming I would do a line for each coin variety? Also does $300.00 seem like a correct value to asign each coin? Heres what I've done so far:

• I just put 5 in the quantity box.....modern special.....(only for ER by 2/14) and oversize holder

Simplify it....They know which coin is which

edited to add: $300 sounds good
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question...can I move my naked pucks into holders using surgical latex gloves...or what that be a problem down the road due to contamination?
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>To keep us from falling asleep, here's an interesting article from Coin Update News about the pucks and which APs have distributed their allotments.

http://news.coinupdate.com/update-and-clarification-on-the-america-the-beautiful-silver-bullion-coins-0683/ >>

I just skimmed that.

interesting story.

I wonder if the author contacted all the APs left, or if he is just going by what is on the web sites.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
    Not sure about contamination but if you don't have any fabric gloves maybe you could just pinch them through a soft cotton shirt or towel and put them in the holders that way.

• << <i>

<< <i>To keep us from falling asleep, here's an interesting article from Coin Update News about the pucks and which APs have distributed their allotments.

http://news.coinupdate.com/update-and-clarification-on-the-america-the-beautiful-silver-bullion-coins-0683/ >>

I just skimmed that.

interesting story.

I wonder if the author contacted all the APs left, or if he is just going by what is on the web sites. >>

It was fairly clear he didn't actually speak to the APs. Probably would be a waste of breath.

Interesting story though, and it was good to hear some perspectives from the TPGs.
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Question...can I move my naked pucks into holders using surgical latex gloves...or what that be a problem down the road due to contamination? >>

Everything I've read about it says not to use latex...use polyethylene gloves

I try to use the cotton gloves but had trouble with them snagging on some of the pucks rough edges.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭

Glad this issue is finally put to bed...

<< <i>Another point that seems to confuse some people is the one coin per household limit. The Mint’s rule does not mean that individuals ordering sets from AP’s are not allowed to buy a set from as many AP’s as they can find who will accept their orders. We are free to order one ATB Silver Bullion set from as many different AP’s as we wish, but each AP may only sell one set to each household. >>

• about the capsules...I submitted a set of amarks to pcgs...in the pcgs holders. When I got them back, they were in the newly graded pcgs holders, but pcgs included 5 capsules in the box too? In case I decided to crack em out or what?

I'm curious, would you mind posting the grades ?
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My AMark Mt. Hood has a scuff right over Mt. Hood. Not a good thing.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

• << <i>My AMark Mt. Hood has a scuff right over Mt. Hood. Not a good thing. >>

That just means it's about to erupt.....

Ouch, sets dipping into the $1300s today. I think I'm holding onto mine for now.
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 622 ✭✭✭
    one day auctions don't do as well.

I find that people want a couple days to research the seller and get a good feeling about the transaction.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the flipper party appears to have died before the sell out occured.

who would have guessed that?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ouch, sets dipping into the $1300s today. I think I'm holding onto mine for now. >>

AAAAcckk! image I've been trying not to look @ the bay prices, but just like an accident on the freeway I just did some rubbernecking on 5 OZ prices.

Brief review of completed sales -

Yeah, $1351.01 for a presale. I guess that last $.01 bought it.

A $1400 sale. Can't tell if it's a presale or not, doesn't say, I assume it in hand.

$1424.99. In stock!

Can't look any more.

I'm still buying at AP price, if I can get them, I will submit the sets for grading (if warranted) and wait to see what happens 2, 3, 5, 7 years from now.

Onward thru the fog to the 2010 P.
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    I am very glad I got out of my first set (An Amark) the day I got it in hand. Some of mine would possibly have gone PL, but I didn't want to take the risk. Sold it for $1700 the other day and the buyer is happy! image

-Paul
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Question...can I move my naked pucks into holders using surgical latex gloves...or what that be a problem down the road due to contamination? >>

I would stick w/cotton as sold by any numismatic supply company. They are very inexpensive. If not, be sure that the latex gloves are POWDER FREE!! A lot have powder.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

• << <i>the flipper party appears to have died before the sell out occured.

who would have guessed that? >>

The party is still going baby. The drop is quite expected with all the weak hands letting go. Flip these babies in the future for fun and profit.
  • Who knows what silver will be in a year or two. If you pay about $900, there is not much risk.

• << <i>

I'm still buying at AP price, if I can get them, I will submit the sets for grading (if warranted) and wait to see what happens 2, 3, 5, 7 years from now.

Onward thru the fog to the 2010 P. >>

Onward through the fog. I think we're seeing the largest glut and most weak hands on ebay at the moment, and that was my impetus for trying to hold for awhile.

I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but I don't like being one of 300.

Still a good deal at AP prices. At the very worst these are just a silver bullion investment, and silver's still looking shiny.....

<< <i>

<< <i>

Onward thru the fog to the 2010 P. >>

Onward through the fog. I think we're seeing the largest glut and most weak hands on ebay at the moment, and that was my impetus for trying to hold for awhile.

I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but I don't like being one of 300.

Still a good deal at AP prices. At the very worst these are just a silver bullion investment, and silver's still looking shiny..... >>

Just curious, does anyone recall what the initial MCM buy price was for a set on the BST? Thanks.
  • Has any got there grades back from the amark coins. How did they grade? I notice a few coins had a nick on the upper lip of George.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

I don't get this statement:

Last week I contacted PCGS President Don Willis who told me that both the “Choice BU” and “Gem BU” sets have not been considered for numerical grades. This means, in my view, that some people who are selling their sets may not be aware that if they re-submit them to PCGS, or send them to another company like NGC, some or all of their coins may well be high grade and potentially much more valuable than they realize.

Ok Guys, I'm a little sleepy, but I read this aticle and what's the deal with the above statement???
  • OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

<< <i>the flipper party appears to have died before the sell out occured.

who would have guessed that? >>

Compare this situation to any other. I can't think of one. It only makes sense prices are falling. They have been available. It is to bad that most people didn't have the where with all to know where to buy them at cost. It will be interesting to see what happens once the AP's are officially out of them. Then the flipping party will have the wind at its back. Not sure what will happen but the party has a head wind right now. Most of the general public doesn't even know about these. Most of the recent parties took quite a while to get rolling. The buffalo party took a while to really get rolling and lasted quite awhile. The 2008 2009 spouse coin party took forever and then exploded for awhile.

• << <i>I don't get this statement:

Last week I contacted PCGS President Don Willis who told me that both the “Choice BU” and “Gem BU” sets have not been considered for numerical grades. This means, in my view, that some people who are selling their sets may not be aware that if they re-submit them to PCGS, or send them to another company like NGC, some or all of their coins may well be high grade and potentially much more valuable than they realize.

Ok Guys, I'm a little sleepy, but I read this aticle and what's the deal with the above statement??? >>

It means they were not graded and simply put into slabs, so there's no telling what grades they really are until you resubmit them. However, the writer apparently talked only to PCGS. We don't know if the same applies to the ones that were designated by NGC.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks

• << <i>Just curious, does anyone recall what the initial MCM buy price was for a set on the BST? Thanks. >>

I think it was 1400
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok Guys, I'm a little sleepy, but I read this aticle and what's the deal with the above statement???

Casman, the AMark coins were slabbed as Choice BU by PCGS but were not graded, per se'. Which means, that some MS-69 coins are possibly sitting in a Choice BU PCGS slab, and instead of realizing an $800 price for MS-69, it is only sellable at around $300 as Choice BU.

I'm not sure where the "Gem BU" slabs originated. jmski
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eight hundred bucks! Sheesh, I was tracking sales of $1,200-1,350 on the 'bay last week. Lots of bag holders out there. By the time my A-Marks come back from the Host they'll be worth $300. image
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Amark was just looking for a way to distribute their coins without having to deal with shipping. PCGS just put them in holders without grading

or even having graders look at them,

They then went to the shippers who put them in shipping containers and shipped them to who Amark told them to.

MCM is still buying those sets for $1500 if you want to sell them.

call them ask for George.

• << <i>I am very glad I got out of my first set (An Amark) the day I got it in hand. Some of mine would possibly have gone PL, but I didn't want to take the risk. Sold it for $1700 the other day and the buyer is happy! image

-Paul >>

one potato

two potato

three potato

four...

sounds like you fear being "stuck" with these. i got mine on monday and decided to keep them.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.

• << <i>Ok Guys, I'm a little sleepy, but I read this aticle and what's the deal with the above statement???

Casman, the AMark coins were slabbed as Choice BU by PCGS but were not graded, per se'. Which means, that some MS-69 coins are possibly sitting in a Choice BU PCGS slab, and instead of realizing an $800 price for MS-69, it is only sellable at around $300 as Choice BU.

I'm not sure where the "Gem BU" slabs originated. jmski >>

My memory is kind of hazy but I think "Gem BU' is a reference to some of the early NGC slabs that didn't have specific grades. I could be wrong though.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone figured how may posts per day this thread is averaging ?

I wonder who will get the 9000th post. image

HE>I

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Not everyone can afford to hold these sets in this economy. If you can I believe you will do well later on.

I guess I did.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file