Home U.S. Coin Forum

Sell Out Prediction for Buchanan's Liberty???

Comments

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Gold at $1337, price bump by the Mint tomorrow? >>

Yeah, it's been over 1300 for a while now. It's due.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭
    I might buy a lincoln gold spouse but not from the mint. I'll wait for ebay and try to get a 70 there-but even there they seem not to be 70 quality from the posts here. I learned my lesson from the the Buchs-not worth the effort, time, money to get a quality coin from them. After Lincoln, I am done with the spouses. Maybe a Elanor or Jackie later on. Getting way too expensive- how I long for the days a gold spouse could be had for $400 fresh from the mint. Those days are long gone. Gold has almost doubled since 07-in three short years, I wish my income had doubled since then. You are now in the midst of a complete destruction of the dollar.
  • HIGHLOWLEAVESHIGHLOWLEAVES Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    The Buchanan Spousal coin will go up $25 today. At $1340s/oz, the coins may go up another $25 next Wednesday. Maybe or maybe not . Today's prices may look cheap in a few weeks.
    Specialized Investments
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The Buchanan Spousal coin will go up $25 today. At $1340s/oz, the coins may go up another $25 next Wednesday. Maybe or maybe not . Today's prices may look cheap in a few weeks. >>

I am having a hard time associating the word "cheap" with any thing in precious metals.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buchanans now $816 and $829 at the Mint's website.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I ordered another Taylor last night, just to add to the series before the jump. The last one I ordered a few weeks ago before the last jump. I hope gold slows down a little so I can keep up with the series.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Someone reported in Mint News Blog that his Buchanan Unc order was canceled, and the reason was item no longer available.

Anyone else has their item canceled?
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
    If true. Maybe 3500 MS Buchs. But no waiting list has come up for the MS on the U.S. Mint web site.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has there ever been an instance where orders are cancelled yet still up for sale on the site?
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

<< <i>Has there ever been an instance where orders are cancelled yet still up for sale on the site? >>

Yes, when your credit card is declined after 3 attempts.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

I'm skeptical of that report.

try calling and placing an order. if it can't be done, those are the perfect people for the job.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
    A Buchanan Proof Spousal gold coin that I ordered yesterday has been shipped to me Today !! Is this telling me that the USM wants to clean house of Buchanan gold coins in preparation of AGE orders tomorrow ? Comments....
    Specialized Investments
  • I just got my grades (or lack of) on the 2 Buchanan, UNC and Proof, I kept out of the 4 (returned 2 for flaws that "I" could see) I bought and niether graded 70. I took a chance and lost this time.
    I think the coins are a nice pair so I will enjoy owning them raw just the same. Considering that I thought these 2 looked pretty good I'm glad I didn't buy anymore with hopes of the FS70 grades. I will say if gold had fallen since I bought them I would probably be kicking myself . I'm still out the grading fees and shipping but atleast spot prices are catching up to the original purchase price.
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    Apparently two people now claim to have had their Buchanan Liberty UNC order canceled saying the mint says they are No Longer Available.

I actually hope this is true but I have my doubts.image

<< <i>A Buchanan Proof Spousal gold coin that I ordered yesterday has been shipped to me Today !! Is this telling me that the USM wants to clean house of Buchanan gold coins in preparation of AGE orders tomorrow ? Comments.... >>

The people running the place over there aren't that good....

<< <i>Apparently two people now claim to have had their Buchanan Liberty UNC order canceled saying the mint says they are No Longer Available.

I actually hope this is true but I have my doubts.image >>

Were is this being reported?

Still up for sale on the web site. Does not make sense. (Of course, we can hope....)
  • I ordered one UNC and one PRF and submitted them to PCGS after eyeballing them (didn't see any noticeable flaws). Ha, they both graded First Strike 70. Of course, with my bad luck, these will be minted to the max and the 70's won't be worth crap.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    Moderncoinmart (JMRC) just had a large order refused for the uncs by an email stating they are sold out.

John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Moderncoinmart (JMRC) just had a large order refused for the uncs by an email stating they are sold out. >>

Well, then, I guess that is it for the Uncs! Hallelujah!
    One would "assume" that is correct, but I never look at anything as being a certainty in these situations from past experiences.

If you go to the website as of 5 minutes ago you could still place an order! Makes no sense.

John Maben
    800-381-2646

• mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>One would "assume" that is correct, but I never look at anything as being a certainty in these situations from past experiences. >>

Agreed. But one would think that if they were going to strike another batch that your large order would have been put on backorder...Of course, that also assumes that the fulfillment branch (PBGS) knows what the mint's actual plans are!

Question: If your large order exceeded the number of Uncs remaining in stock, would they cancel your entire order or partially fill it and cancel the remainder?

<< <i>

<< <i>One would "assume" that is correct, but I never look at anything as being a certainty in these situations from past experiences. >>

Agreed. But one would think that if they were going to strike another batch that your large order would have been put on backorder...Of course, that also assumes that the fulfillment branch (PBGS) knows what the mint's actual plans are!

Question: If your large order exceeded the number of Uncs remaining in stock, would they cancel your entire order or partially fill it and cancel the remainder? >>

Taking a closer look now that I am at the office, the order was not that big, less than 50 coins and divided with proofs which were not cancelled, only the uncs which as I said in prior post are now "sold out" according to the email.

John Maben
    800-381-2646

OK here is the latest..... The U.S. Mint has told us that the EMAIL WAS AN ERROR. Coins are on backorder. Aye aye aye....... this is from the bulk department manager and is presumeably reliable information.

John

John Maben
    800-381-2646

• wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update John!

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
    Interesting.

I was thinking they were doing this because of the large lag time between coining and selling, and the potential for price hikes in the meantime....

now it is just a mistake.
  • Well, I don't know about back order . . . I just got this in my inbox:

Greetings from the United States Mint.
    Thank you for ordering from the United States Mint.
    We regret to inform you that the item(s) listed below
    are currently sold out. A customer service representative
    will be happy to assist you in finding an alternative item.

Order # 35362xxx

Item: X67 Qty: 1
    2010 JAMES BUCHANAN'S LIBERTY UNC COINS
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a order of 2 each on the UNC Buchanan's and it was cancelled today and I received this message from the Mint:

We regret to inform you that the items listed are currently sold out.

The Mint person tells me it has be re-instated. Hmmmm.......

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • I can't imagine they wouldn't mint coins up to the maximum mintage or until the date the coin was originally scheduled to be withdrawn from sale (basically one year). This is an ongoing program and they have blanks available.

<< <i>I can't imagine they wouldn't mint coins up to the maximum mintage or until the date the coin was originally scheduled to be withdrawn from sale (basically one year). This is an ongoing program and they have blanks available. >>

Could be that they have many other things on their plate in the next few months:

Hockey puck quarters.
    Mary Todd Lincoln $10 gold proof and unc.
    Proof Gold Eagles.
    Proof Silver Eagles.
    2011 proof and mint sets in various flavors.
    Regular bullion and circulating coinage.

Plus they can't mint 2010-dated coinage after Dec. 31.

I think the Westpoint Mint can ram a lot through their coin presses. What's the figure of ASE Bullion they sold this year-23 million? However, these collector versions take more time I believe than these Bullion ASEs especially the proofs.
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, are the uncs under 4k? If so then the Buck unc is the Liberty key.
    3600 I believe this week according to NN.
    I ordered a PF Buck back on Tuesday, 10/5/10 and recieved it today, Thursday, 10/7/10 via UPS overnight. Extremely fast in filling the order !! All $300+ orders are automatically expedited. What does this mean ? Are they about to run out of the PFs? Are they trying to complete sales/shipping of the Bucks because it's time to fill the AGE orders, etc. ? Mark.
    Specialized Investments

• << <i>OK here is the latest..... The U.S. Mint has told us that the EMAIL WAS AN ERROR. Coins are on backorder. Aye aye aye....... this is from the bulk department manager and is presumeably reliable information.

John >>

So I am confused now. John said he has verified with the bulk depart manager that the email was an error, and I assume that means the Mint is going to make more UNC Buchanan??

So UNC Buchanan will most likely NOT be the key??

Am I missing something?
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86

<< <i>All $300+ orders are automatically expedited. What does this mean ? >>

This has been their policy since I began ordering from them years ago.

the $4.95 "Standard Shipping" get a >free< upgrade to Overnight shipping on >any< order totalling $300+
    (in other words, don't pay for the upgrade on the shipping! You buy one first spouse and it will automatically come overnight for just $4.95 image )

on an entirely separate note:
    (they don't want people sticking direct ship orders and other products together to get the free upgrade, either... at least that is how I read between the lines of their new direct ship dollar coin policy.)

<< <i>

<< <i>Even though the Mint's website shows Oct 7, my 12:19am order is now Oct 8 w/ cancel box. >>

My two unc Buch order placed on 09/18/10 at 10:41 AM has shipped.
    Looks like the cut off was between 10:41 AM and 12:19AM. >>

the best I can tell, these have been on backorder for 19 days now.
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i had to get on the UNC wagon even if they are sold out...B/O
    I received the two Buch. uncs which I ordered about 10 hours after they went "red". Both are absolutely FLAWLESS - stunning. Definitely not returns.

<< <i>

<< <i>OK here is the latest..... The U.S. Mint has told us that the EMAIL WAS AN ERROR. Coins are on backorder. Aye aye aye....... this is from the bulk department manager and is presumeably reliable information.

John >>

So I am confused now. John said he has verified with the bulk depart manager that the email was an error, and I assume that means the Mint is going to make more UNC Buchanan??

So UNC Buchanan will most likely NOT be the key??

Am I missing something? >>

The assumption is they are making more. How many? Who knows? It was a reliable U.S. Mint employee that confirmed the sold out email was an error. The number of collectors and dealers that got the same email I did is growing.

John

John Maben
    800-381-2646

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latest sales totals per NN

unc...................3801
    proof................ 5697

Long way from a sell-out......
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
    Anyone recieve a Buchanan Gold Spousal "MS" coin(s) from the USM this week? If so, are they returns? Thanks, Mark.
    Specialized Investments

<< <i>Anyone recieve a Buchanan Gold Spousal "MS" coin(s) from the USM this week? If so, are they returns? Thanks, Mark. >>

Yes, I received two. They were not returns and both were absolutely stellar - totally flawless under a loupe.
    Sell Our Predictions of Buchanan MS & PF Gold Spousal Coins: ANY Updated Predictions? Thanks for your thoughts !!
    Specialized Investments
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sell Our Predictions of Buchanan MS & PF Gold Spousal Coins: ANY Updated Predictions? Thanks for your thoughts !! >>

Based on what I've seen with the last dozen or so spouse coins that have come to market, I still think you'll be able to order these from the Mint next summer. In other words, they won't hit the 15,000 max and the Mint will fill all orders until it's been about a year.

It appears that the USM will be filling BO of Buchanan MS Spousal Gold coins beginning on 10/23/10. Proofs may simply sellout eventually. Hopefully before next summer .
    Specialized Investments
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buch FS $974

Five minutes later.......

Buch FS $1082

<< <i>It appears that the USM will be filling BO of Buchanan MS Spousal Gold coins beginning on 10/23/10. Proofs may simply sellout eventually. Hopefully before next summer . >>

10/23/10 is a rolling date, it's been moving forward on the Mint's website one day at a time for nearly 3 weeks now. Check tomorrow and see if it shows 10/24.

• SNMANSNMAN Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭
    500image
    Positive Transactions with: justindan; Drunner; Segoja, Dragon, fivecents, Connecticoin, WTCG, gsa1fan, abitofthisabitofthat; commoncents05;Broadstruck; and ......more

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file