New England Patriots 2023 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:
    Top to bottom, side to side, coaches, personnel. Terrible

Even the Jumbotron is causing the kicker to miss kicks. Time to rip it down!

Is that the excuse for why he missed? What a waste of a pick. And we picked another kicker a few years ago who essentially never saw the field, right? The tattoo guy?

Oh,i doubt that it played into that miss. The announcers were just talking about BB saying that the new Jumbotron has changed how the wind flows through the stadium and its going to take time to see how it affects kicks.

I'll hold out judgement on this new kicker until he's either gone or been around for awhile but that tattoo dude made no sense. I heard BB just drafted him so he could pass on signing him and save some salary cap. 😉

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

Is that the excuse for why he missed? What a waste of a pick. And we picked another kicker a few years ago who essentially never saw the field, right? The tattoo guy?

Oh,i doubt that it played into that miss. The announcers were just talking about BB saying that the new Jumbotron has changed how the wind flows through the stadium and its going to take time to see how it affects kicks.

I'll hold out judgement on this new kicker until he's either gone or been around for awhile but that tattoo dude made no sense. I heard BB just drafted him so he could pass on signing him and save some salary cap. 😉

I'll be happy to be proven wrong in regard to my negative evaluation of either of our newly drafted kickers.

As of now, they don't look like world beaters.

Our team is desperate for better personnel, and perhaps those picks could have been better used in hindsight.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

The way this team is going, they should have lots of salary cap room in the future.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is gross

The entire thing needs to be ripped down and rebuilt

• Options
    edited October 8, 2023 11:48AM

@perkdog said:
    This is gross

And it gets worse with a miserable pitch and fumble.

This team is poorly coached, and Jones needs to find another line of work. He is not an NFL quarterback.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2023 12:05PM

@BillJones said:

@perkdog said:
    This is gross

This team is poorly coached, and Jones needs to find another line of work. He is not an NFL quarterback.

The good thing is the fans are letting them know how ridiculous this team is by booing them out of the stadium. It all starts with Kraft.

He needs to hand over operations to Jonathan and dump Belichick and retool.the entire team, it's painfully just not working towards any progress whatsoever. They are worse than they were 3 years ago.

Not exactly what the expectations are with your first round QB selection and the rest of the coaching decisions

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

I'll be happy to be proven wrong in regard to my negative evaluation of either of our newly drafted kickers.

As of now, they don't look like world beaters.

Our team is desperate for better personnel, and perhaps those picks could have been better used in hindsight.

Technically wouldnt Vinatieri be considered a free agent? can we sign him please? I dont care that he is 55 years old!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    This is gross

yes, this.

• Options

@BillJones said:

@perkdog said:
    This is gross

Jones is a miserable QB. you can tell the game is moving way too fast for him right now. he cant even execute a simple pitch to the RB.

• Options

What do you guys think, do we score today or will it be a shutout?

• Options

31-0. I think I will watch the 2nd half of the Atlanta super bowl tonight. for the 300th time!!

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭✭✭

31 - 0, Yikes, when did New England become the NY Giants?

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@craig44 said:

Hopeful they do, the more ugly it gets the bigger the fire will be lit under Krafts rear end to do something about it

• Options

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

Hopeful they do, the more ugly it gets the bigger the fire will be lit under Krafts rear end to do something about it

I agree. blow em out saints.

• Options

Zappe time. again

• Options

Mac just looks completely dejected on the sideline. terrible body language. I think his confidence is gone. second game in a row they had to go to the bullpen for him.

embarrasing.

• Options
    edited October 8, 2023 12:40PM

New England just received the ultimate insult. CBS just switched to the Baltimore-Pittsburg game which is “more competitive.”

Yes, I want a shutout which will show the Pats’ ownership see how bad this team is. This looks like the team Rod Rust coached many years ago.

Does New England play Carolina this year? Probably not. I doubt that this team could beat @doubledragon’s “Carolina Kittens.”

• Options

Blownout 72-3 over these past 2 games with 5+mins still left in this one.

• Options

@BillJones said:
    New England just received the ultimate insult. CBS just switched to the Baltimore-Pittsburg game which is “more competitive.”

Yes, I want a shutout which will show the Pats’ ownership see how bad this team is. This looks like the team Rod Rust coached many years ago.

Does New England play Carolina this year? Probably not. I doubt that this team could beat @doubledragon’s “Carolina Kittens.”

no kidding, cbs is still showing the Pats here. i almost wish they would switch us over too!

• Options

69 unanswered points given up by NE.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    69 unanswered points given up by NE.

nice!

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2023 1:18PM

I don't want to turn this into another TB-BB dumpster thread, but after today's game I've never been more confident in my adamant stance. the supposed goat of coaches has been given ample time to reload and rebuild without the goat of quarterbacks, but instead he has officially driven the franchise into the ground.

i know what rock bottom looks and feels like being a Bears fan, so i can empathaize with you guys. you hit it today. it's going to be a painful crawl to the record if he's not forced out.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    I don't want to turn this into another TB-BB dumpster thread, but after today's game I've never been more confident in my adamant stance. the supposed goat of coaches has been given ample time to reload and rebuild without the goat of quarterbacks, but instead he has officially driven the franchise into the ground.

i know what rock bottom looks and feels like being a Bears fan, so i can empathaize with you guys. you hit it today. it's going to be a painful crawl to the record if he's not forced out.

been there before. I well remember the 1-15 Pats from 1990. they were a dumpster fire. it sure feels the same way again now.

• Options

@galaxy27, you are correct about players being more important than coaches. they showed a graphic during the game of Sean Peytons record without Brees. also losing.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2023 2:29PM

@craig44 said:

@galaxy27, you are correct about players being more important than coaches. they showed a graphic during the game of Sean Peytons record without Brees. also losing.

virtually impossible to turn chicken shit into the best tasting chicken salad you've ever eaten. but the thing is, Belichick is the one who took the shit. i get having a couple of lean years post-Brady, but 4 years in this is the culmination? getting absolutely smoked at home by a mediocre team? where exactly is the talent on that roster? what has Bill the GM been doing to put Bill the head coach in a position to succeed again? as evidenced by today's game, very little. players > coaches. every time. he has no players, now he's being exposed.

edit: i know bronco has a funny ass delivery, but once you stop laughing and absorb what he's said about the NE organization from top to bottom, there's a lot merit there

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

@craig44 said:

virtually impossible to turn chicken shit into the best tasting chicken salad you've ever eaten. but the thing is, Belichick is the one who took the shit. i get having a couple of lean years post-Brady, but 4 years in this is the culmination? getting absolutely smoked at home by a mediocre team? where exactly is the talent on that roster? what has Bill the GM been doing to put Bill the head coach in a position to succeed again? as evidenced by today's game, very little. players > coaches. every time. he has no players, now he's being exposed.

edit: i know bronco has a funny ass delivery, but once you stop laughing and absorb what he's said about the NE organization from top to bottom, there's a lot merit there

why did we get rid of nick folk? i hear he is 10 for 10 , why does he punt on that 4th down instead of going for it? then later when its hopeless he goes for it on 4th down?
    he cant even coach anymore

why did he extend devante parker ? so we can see that 3rd and long sideline jump ball where he doesnt fight for the ball

im starting to feel bad for ripping patricia and judge last year

sorry guys

also special teams is gross that used to be a bright spot

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@craig44 said:
    I dont think there is any chance for playoffs. at this point, with the injuries to the defense, i would rather see them 1-16 with a high draft pick. middle of the pack is the worst place to be.

Unfortunately I think today starts a run of wins, or more wins, and we end up picking much later than 10th.

I think that they'll win some games but are likely going to finish somewhere in that 8-15 range in the draft. Despite all of the BB hate in recent weeks,he's likely to lead them to a handful of wins just through his gameplanning.

With all of this talk about Belichick getting fired,there's likely a better chance that they move on from Mac at the end of the year than there is of Bill getting axed.
    I just took a quick look at which Qbs are expected to hit free agency: Cousins,Tannehil,Bridgewater,Mayfield,Darnold,Winston,Taylor,Mariota,Minshew,Gabbert,Rudolph (& Zappe.)
    Kraft may not want another rebuild with drafting a rookie QB but maybe going with a vet seems a better choice for the time being. They're still expected to have a ton of cap space when nobody has been signed longterm.

At the moment if everyone stays healthy this is a loaded draft for QBs with a combination of high end guys and a lot of depth with it. Theres more than one thats NFL ready but of course that wouldnt solve any of the lack of weapons and shaky line problems.

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭

I used to live 3 miles away from Gilette stadium and followed the Patriots from when they first formed in 1960.
    I have not followed them now since they let Brady walk away and have not watched ANY football this year at all.
    I thought I would miss it but I don't!
    I find other things to do even if it is Pogo on my computer.

• Options

@tommyrusty7 said:
    I used to live 3 miles away from Gilette stadium and followed the Patriots from when they first formed in 1960.
    I have not followed them now since they let Brady walk away and have not watched ANY football this year at all.
    I thought I would miss it but I don't!
    I find other things to do even if it is Pogo on my computer.

pogo?!!!!
    is it still active?

I used to play spades , canasta , euchre and pinochle
    i stopped when they forced the whole EA account business

my bronco id no longer works

• Options
    edited October 9, 2023 5:20AM

We got a bad football team and coaching staff.

It's that simple

• Options
    4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    We got a bad football team and coaching staff.

It's that simple

These numbers don’t lie.
    1/14 on 3rd down.
    Outgained badly by the Saints at home.
    I’m not bashing but it looks like a real long uphill battle right now.

Forum members on ignore
    Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
    daltex

• Options

It has been a long time since i have felt this way about the team. this year is beyond hope. actually rooting for losses at this point

• Options
    edited October 9, 2023 7:23AM

Looks like it’s back to “the bad old days” of the ‘80s and ‘90s. The good thing about football is that careers are short, and things can turn in a couple years, given some good coaching and management.

We were spoiled with Brady. He lasted much longer than the average player.

• Options

where is Kraft the midget perv in all this?

Seeking solace in the orchids of Asia? Or brokering a cease fire in Ukraine

Fire Bill , Bench Mac , Promote Mayo and there is your mid season restart

• Options
    4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    Looks like it’s back to “the bad old days” of the ‘80s and ‘90s.

Suffering the worst home shut out in Patriots history takes you back to no days like ever before.
    I know what you mean though.

Forum members on ignore
    Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
    daltex

• Options

@4for4 said:

@BillJones said:
    Looks like it’s back to “the bad old days” of the ‘80s and ‘90s.

Suffering the worst home shut out in Patriots history takes you back to no days like ever before.
    I know what you mean though.

One year, and I won't bring up the coach's name again, the team was so disorganized they could barely run a play from scrimmage without getting a motion penalty in week 12 or 13 of the season. One can understand that In week 1 or 2, but late in the season is ridiculous. That was how bad things were.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭✭✭

Andy Reid should overtake hoodie
    In win percentage this year.
    Currently Billy at .657 and Andy at .643
    Chiefs should go about 10-2 the rest of the way and the pats 2-10 which puts Andy at .649 and Billy at .645

Keep coaching hoodie you’re not floundering at all without Brady. 🤭

• Options

@craig44 said:
    It has been a long time since i have felt this way about the team. this year is beyond hope. actually rooting for losses at this point

Looking ahead, next week we play the Raiders. If they lose tonight, it will be two one win teams facing off. Belichick vs McDaniels. It has the makings of what Jerry Jones likes to call a good ol' fashioned taffy pull

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@craig44 said:

Looking ahead, next week we play the Raiders. If they lose tonight, it will be two one win teams facing off. Belichick vs McDaniels. It has the makings of what Jerry Jones likes to call a good ol' fashioned taffy pull

Scratch that...Raiders won, they put up 17 big ones to take the W over the pack.

• Options

another shutout

big meyers 3 TD game

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@craig44 said:

Belichick will get a look at Jim Garoppolo whom he cast aside. Back then he could draft quarterbacks. He also cast aside players like they were toys. Mac Jones must be something special to him. Hoodie has given him more chances than any other player in the Patriot - Belichick era.

The way the offense is going, there might be bets on whether or not the Raiders will pitch a shutout against them.

• Options

@BillJones said:

@thisistheshow said:

@craig44 said:

Belichick will get a look at Jim Garoppolo whom he cast aside. Back then he could draft quarterbacks. He also cast aside players like they were toys. Mac Jones must be something special to him. Hoodie has given him more chances than any other player in the Patriot - Belichick era.

The way the offense is going, there might be bets on whether or not the Raiders will pitch a shutout against them.

come on he hates jones :D

what you are seeing now is bill has no power to remove jones and he was forced to waive his little pal Zappe who went unclaimed and returned

• Options

@BillJones said:

@thisistheshow said:

@craig44 said:

I agree with Jones. I cant remember a player that BB has given this much leeway to. Zappe must be really bad. He must not be showing bill anything at all in practice.

I would gladly take 46 year old Tommy over either of these stiffs.

• Options
    edited October 12, 2023 11:30AM
  • Options

we signed malik cunningham to the active roster as a QB/WR. it cant be any worse than we have seen in the last 2 weeks

• Options

@craig44 said:
    we signed malik cunningham to the active roster as a QB/WR. it cant be any worse than we have seen in the last 2 weeks

So what do you think this means? I'm not dialed in.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@craig44 said:

I think BB will start Mac, who will fail miserably, and Cunningham will get in on a few trick plays and we lose by 30

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@craig44 said:

That hes probably going to start at some point with Bellicheck feeling the hot seat. Its a cheap contract with very little guaranteed, but it was weird that it was 3 years.

• Options

they just said on the london pregame that Mac is on a short leash today.

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@thisistheshow said:

@craig44 said:

That hes probably going to start at some point with Bellicheck feeling the hot seat. Its a cheap contract with very little guaranteed, but it was weird that it was 3 years.

its not 3 years , well maybe in name only but the fine print is such that he will get a bag of footballs and a case of gatorade in year 2