Home Sports Talk
Options

The official 2022 NFL season thread

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    Rex ryan went off on Zach Wilson. At one point he mentioned how josh Allen stepped up and said it was on him when the bills lost two in a row and said he had to play better.
    Mahomes has said the same thing in the past when the chiefs offense has struggled.
    Looks like young Zach has a lot to learn about accepting responsibility.

It's basic stuff, whether you are in the NFL or the real world. Need to learn.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon Fear not young squire Sam Darnold will ride in on his white horse for you Sunday.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

Zach Wilson has been benched, will be inactive for the next game.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    @doubledragon Fear not young squire Sam Darnold will ride in on his white horse for you Sunday.

Yes, I'm sure Darnold will save us, he has my total confidence. :*

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great first Turkey Day game!

• Options

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and congrats @2dueces on the victory over the Lions, that was one hell of a throw by Josh Allen to Stefon Diggs on that last drive.

• Options
    edited November 24, 2022 5:33PM

Everyone down on the Bills play this year. Take 5 starters out of any elite defense and this is what it looks like. Back ups don’t make game changing plays, veteran interceptions or those little intangibles that flip the field. They miss tackles because they are slightly out of position. If the Bills defense gets healthy by week 15 it will be a whole different team. And they back ups are still only allowing 18 points a game. Not worried about the offense. When they roll it’s lights out.
    Second. The Bills built a team to beat Kansas City. Everyone else in the AFC East built a team to beat Buffalo. Division games are tough. Every non playoff team when they play the Bills IS their super Bowl.
    Buffalo will be just fine at 8-3.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,288 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Oh goody, my Panthers go to Baltimore this week to play the Ravens, this should be fun. Check out this awesome Panthers team photo, Booger Mayfield is on the right, in the middle!

The chap in the lower right looks like "UncleFloyd" from the Uncle Floyd show on New Jersey TV some time ago.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,288 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only 20 or so inches of snow left in the Buffalo area. This melting due to above freezing temps. of late. The Bills should be good to go for their next home game.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2022 8:42AM

It will be interesting to see if Brady and the Tampa Bucks will able to keep things turned around against the so-so Browns.

I know that the Bucks are favored to win a spot in the play-offs, given the weak division they are in, but they do have to win a game now and then to do that. Then it will be "one and done" in the play-offs.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

The Panthers are going with Sam Darnold today instead of Baker Mayfield, I must admit, I'm kinda relieved.

• Options

I've never understood why some players don't wrap both arms around the ball to protect it, they know the defenders are going to try to punch it out, Derrick Henry was lucky the Titans recovered that ball in the endzone for the touchdown.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2022 12:48PM

@doubledragon said:
    I've never understood why some players don't wrap both arms around the ball to protect it, they know the defenders are going to try to punch it out, Derrick Henry was lucky the Titans recovered that ball in the endzone for the touchdown.

Maybe they're not all that smart.....Just Maybe. 🤔

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@doubledragon said:

Maybe they're not all that smart.....Just Maybe. 🤔

Apparently not, they keep doing it!

• Options

My goodness, the Panthers are beating the Broncos 17-3, there are World Cup teams putting up more points than Denver, pathetic.

• Options

Just look at this.

• Options

Just look at it!

• Options

Here you go, pick up a Denver Broncos jersey at your local walmart, they make great snot rags!

• Options

Unbelievable, the Titans are now losing to the Bengals 20-13, at home mind you, I knew I should have picked the Bengals!

• Options
    edited November 27, 2022 1:50PM

Yep, the Bengals are pushing the Titans around now, the Titans are going to lose this game.

• Options

The Bengals beat the Titans in Tennessee 20-16, unbelievable.

• Options

I can't believe the Broncos lost to my stinky Panthers, this is pathetic.

• Options

The Broncos are even more pathetic than I originally thought, losing to the Panthers.

• Options

Your 2022 Denver Broncos.

• Options

The Bucks threw a game away to the Browns today.

Is the offensive coordinator that dumb for the Bucks, or is it the head coach? Whatever it is, this team does not belong in the playoffs, and Brady needs to retire. The coaching needs to go too. It should “black Monday” for the head coach and his offensive team.

I wish I had a “cat tail dragging” video to explain my frustrations with this team. I turned the game off at the end of regulation because I knew it was over. There was no way Tampa was going to win.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

Just in case you're wondering about my new avatar, the Panthers beat the Broncos today, a pathetic effort by Denver indeed, how dare they attempt to push us around in our own home. This is my way of celebrating.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

the Panthers beat the Broncos today, a pathetic effort by Denver indeed, how dare they attempt to push us around in our own home.

Well the Panthers should be glad that Russel Wilson had bigger decisions on his mind than what plays were called during the football game today :D

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

Lightning struck the Jaguars. Went for 2 to win and Zay Jones makes the grab. The Bills gave up on Jones after he went through a glass sliding door naked and the cops showed up. 11 for 145 and a two point conversion

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2022 4:36PM

@2dueces said

The Bills gave up on Jones after he went through a glass sliding door naked and the cops showed up.

Doesn't everybody go through a glass door at least once in thier life? Sometimes not naked though B)

• Options

@Steven59 said:

the Panthers beat the Broncos today, a pathetic effort by Denver indeed, how dare they attempt to push us around in our own home.

Well the Panthers should be glad that Russel Wilson had bigger decisions on his mind than what plays were called during the football game today :D

LOL. Let Russ cook. Get off the floor Russ, you're a disgusting embarrassment!

• Options

So how in the hell did Baltimore lose to the Jags? OK, maybe it was a home game for Jax but no reason for Baltimore to lose this game. Is Jackson playing flat in protest of not getting a new contract yet?

• Options

@BillJones said:
    The Bucks threw a game away to the Browns today.

I don't know - the Browns are like an ugly girlfriend you want to get rid of. At first it looks like she's gone then you see her back in your driveway on Sunday!

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    So how in the hell did Baltimore lose to the Jags? OK, maybe it was a home game for Jax but no reason for Baltimore to lose this game. Is Jackson playing flat in protest of not getting a new contract yet?

The Ravens have a history of late game collapses this season.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:

Except when they play the Brownies

• Options

@Steven59 said:

@2dueces said:

No, Tampa fixes that problem. :/

• Options

@BillJones said:

@Steven59 said:

@2dueces said:

No, Tampa fixes that problem. :/

Yeah, I watched that game today, knew it was over when the Browns drove the field and tied it in the 4rth qrtr.
    Tom Brady looked every bit of his 45 years age today - and everbody else on his team looked the same damn way!

• Options

Brady looks good until you note that he is a split second behind. He also misses open receivers when he used to hit them as a matter of course. Brady has lost half a step, and it shows.

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotta say, Lawrence pitched a helluva game for the Jags. That is 3 good games in a row for him, looks like he might end up being best qb of that draft...........

And who dat Sam Darnold guy? When is the last time he played this well? Uh, never. When is the last time a Carolina qb played that well? Last century - dd? So what is up with that?

Herbert was back on track with a strong game. LAC seems to be weak on both lines and it is hurting them this year, they hold on to maybe garnering a playoff spot at season end by a string, a frayed one at that.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

@spacehayduke said:
    Gotta say, Lawrence pitched a helluva game for the Jags. That is 3 good games in a row for him, looks like he might end up being best qb of that draft...........

And who dat Sam Darnold guy? When is the last time he played this well? Uh, never. When is the last time a Carolina qb played that well? Last century - dd? So what is up with that?

Herbert was back on track with a strong game. LAC seems to be weak on both lines and it is hurting them this year, they hold on to maybe garnering a playoff spot at season end by a string, a frayed one at that.

Doug Pederson has been a calming influence on Lawrence.
    Darnold did just enough yesterday. I’d really like to see Sam turn his career around

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Sure was hoping to see Nathan Peterman yesterday.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Welcome to the Jordan Love era in Green Bay I'm thinking

• Options

@darin I hope you didn't jinx the GOAT with your under .500 question. It is looking more sensical this morning.

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

Am I correct in thinking that if the play-offs started now that the entire NFC East would make it?? Quite a dramatic turn about from just 2-3 seasons ago when none of them finished above .500, much like the NFC South right now. It's hard to figure how the fortunes of an entire division can turn so quickly.

• Options

@perkdog said: Welcome to the Jordan Love era in Green Bay I'm thinking.

This might be, but it isn't because Rodgers played poorly last night. I thought the Green Bay offense was just fine, it was the defense that stunk things up. That and the fact that it looked like Lamar Jackson suited up in Philly by mistake!! :p

• Options
    edited November 28, 2022 6:52AM

@Maywood said:
    @perkdog said: Welcome to the Jordan Love era in Green Bay I'm thinking.

This might be, but it isn't because Rodgers played poorly last night. I thought the Green Bay offense was just fine, it was the defense that stunk things up. That and the fact that it looked like Lamar Jackson suited up in Philly by mistake!! :p

I never said it was, his thumb and now rib injury along with a lost season means Love will see the field for the rest of the season, Rodgers should either retire or will act up.again and want out of there next season I'm thinking

• Options
    edited November 28, 2022 11:49AM

Another thing about QB's, Tampa Bay didn't lose because of Tom Brady, he played just fine. Tampa Bay lost primarily because they had/have no running game. Cleveland's defense might not be top=flight, but when there is no need to worry about the QB running and the RB's are easily stopped it makes watching the passing game much easier. A lot of what worked for the Bucs yesterday was those quick-outs or what we used to down-and-out whenever a DB was playing back. Absent that, there wasn't much downfield.

This is just a personal opinion from watching all season, but the TB receivers are a bit over-rated, still hanging on to past accomplishments. When there's nothing for the DB's to watch in front of them, the running game, Godwin and Evans are much more "manageable" and Julio Jones' best days are behind him. It was a good game but I think Tampa Bay had five three-and-outs which went a long way towards determining the outcome.

• Options

Put a small wager on the Bills last night but since I didn’t post it I won’t count it in the season total. Had a feeling the Bills would key on the run and make Jones best them with his arm. Never thought the Bills would hold the ball 40 minutes. Not quite sure what the Patriots game plan was but swing passes to the back and 5 yard outs all game long was head scratching. In a must win for their playoff lives they looked , well, flat? If the Chiefs and Dolphins lose the Bills regain the top spot. After this week I don’t see another loss for the Chiefs but anything is possible in the NFL. All this talk about the Bills being trash is a bit premature. James Cook is learning the offense and hopefully the D will get healthy at the right time. Gabe Davis ankle is affecting him more that we see. He’s a half step slower. Beane shut down Von Miller before he could do more damage. Good call. Bills have Miami, Jets and Patriots all at home.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    Put a small wager on the Bills last night but since I didn’t post it I won’t count it in the season total. Had a feeling the Bills would key on the run and make Jones best them with his arm. Never thought the Bills would hold the ball 40 minutes. Not quite sure what the Patriots game plan was but swing passes to the back and 5 yard outs all game long was head scratching. In a must win for their playoff lives they looked , well, flat? If the Chiefs and Dolphins lose the Bills regain the top spot. After this week I don’t see another loss for the Chiefs but anything is possible in the NFL. All this talk about the Bills being trash is a bit premature. James Cook is learning the offense and hopefully the D will get healthy at the right time. Gabe Davis ankle is affecting him more that we see. He’s a half step slower. Beane shut down Von Miller before he could do more damage. Good call. Bills have Miami, Jets and Patriots all at home.

Congratulations on the win last night. I'm interested in your opinion on the Pats. Specifically...do you agree with me, in saying that the Pats need a different OC/plan. Do you agree with me that the Pats are a disorganized and undisciplined team.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@2dueces said:

Congratulations on the win last night. I'm interested in your opinion on the Pats. Specifically...do you agree with me, in saying that the Pats need a different OC/plan. Do you agree with me that the Pats are a disorganized and undisciplined team.

I’d rather not comment on the Patriots. I’ll leave that to @perkdog and Patriots backers

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@thisistheshow said:

@2dueces said:

I’d rather not comment on the Patriots. I’ll leave that to @perkdog and Patriots backers

Not much to say other than the coaching staff is horrible, obviously not so much Hoodie but Patricia and Judge need to go.

I thought the Pats would play you guys tough but really the Pats are not nearly good enough.

Congrats on the W