Home Sports Talk

The official 2022 NFL season thread

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, there's still about 30 seconds to go, Bills need a field goal to tie it up. Man, I'm out of breath after that last turn of events.

Bills are in field goal range!

Bills get the field goal, we're going into overtime, unbelievable game.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2022 2:26PM

The Vikings played played the time honored “prevent defense” which should be called the “permissive defense” or no defense at all. Maybe they could try using stop signs instead.

@doubledragon said:
    Bad snap in the endzone and the Vikings got on top of it, the Vikings win, unbelievable.

Nope, see above.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Vikings win 33-30 in overtime, unbelievable game.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,842 ✭✭✭✭✭

Josh should have pretended he couldn’t play today so he didn’t have to choke again.
    Not much mvp talk lately

Best game I’ve seen this year

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    Josh should have pretended he couldn’t play today so he didn’t have to choke again.
    Not much mvp talk lately

I said it last week, the Bill's are frauds

• MaywoodMaywood Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭✭✭

well, the Bills are now in the midst of a two-game losing streak, and worse yet, are now in third place!! Fortunately for them they have the Browns and Lions up on their schedule before they have to play in their division again. Buffalo's problems seem to lie in the running game, they can't do it and they can't stop it. Too much of what they do depends on Josh Allen.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@Darin said:
    Not much mvp talk lately

I'm not counting them out yet.

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

Talking about frauds - WTH happened to Vegas and the Rams??????? Did they hire a bunch of the Browns coaching staff????

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

@Steven59 said:

@perkdog said:

Talking about frauds - WTH happened to Vegas and the Rams??????? Did they hire a bunch of the Browns coaching staff????

Derek Carr used to have a fiery, competitive attitude. As the losses have piled up he seems to have lost some of that. And he’s not a bad QB but he just hasn’t taken the Raiders to the next level.
    At the start of the year the addition of devonte adams was supposed to make them division contenders but they find a way to lose every week

If you didn’t see justin Jefferson’s 4th down catch google it.
    I don’t know how to post a video of it

@Darin said:

Yes, beautiful one handed snag on a 4th and 18, it doesn't get any better than that. Here's the video on Twitter in case anyone missed it. I watched that entire game and it doesn't get any better than that as far as drama is concerned.

edited November 14, 2022 2:14AM

This is what really got me, the Bills just needed to get out of the endzone to win the game, and the snap went bad when Josh Allen couldn't secure the ball, here is the video.

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@Darin said:
    Not much mvp talk lately

I'm not counting them out yet.

I'm not counting them out either but they self destruct and Allen throws too many picks and can't carry the defense

I'd say they are not far and away the front runner for a Super Bowl at this point

Miami wins the division in my opinion

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

I agree. it was insane. a contested one handed grab

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

edited November 14, 2022 6:40AM

Oh goody, my Panthers go to Baltimore this week to play the Ravens, this should be fun. Check out this awesome Panthers team photo, Booger Mayfield is on the right, in the middle!

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am definitely not counting out Buffalo. they are not frauds and that was as fluke an ending as I have seen in a long time.

everything had to go right for Min to win. the crazy jefferson catch on 4th down and the fumble on the end line. 99% of the time that game is in the bag for Buffalo.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

Looks like that image is from Revenge of the Nerds II:Nerds In Paradise. I don't remember ever seeing this sequel.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

the catch itself was so sick, but include the circumstances and that's a GOAT grab

why that Bills d-back didn't knock the ball into Lake Erie is beyond me

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

@craig44 said:
    I am definitely not counting out Buffalo. they are not frauds and that was as fluke an ending as I have seen in a long time.

everything had to go right for Min to win. the crazy jefferson catch on 4th down and the fumble on the end line. 99% of the time that game is in the bag for Buffalo.

CraIg, I read that after the Vikings did not punch it in on 4th down that the bills had over a 99.9 percent chance of winning. Then the end zone fumble happened. And after the last josh pick.📅💡🔨 lights out for number 17.

edited November 20, 2022 12:38PM

The Panthers offense looks like crap today, it's the 3rd quarter and we haven't scored a single point. Luckily, the Ravens offense also looks like crap today and they have only managed to score 3 points.

Has the spell been broken? One loss and now the Eagles are down 13 - 3 to the Colts. Have Eagles become a bunch of plucked chickens?

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

I'm very disappointed in the Giants today, losing 24-6 to the Lions.

@doubledragon said:
    I'm very disappointed in the Giants today, losing 24-6 to the Lions.

Sounds good to me. As a Patriots and Eagles fan, I have no love for the Giants.

edited November 20, 2022 2:40PM

The Patriots have played a totally frustrating game today. I’m waiting for the Jets to bust one. Bill Belichick is an offensive idiot. He has zero imagination.

Belichick is saved by a run back of a punt for a TD.

The Eagles survived by one point. But a win is a win, and Giants lost. Now if the Vikings can unset the Plowboys.

I'm happy the Panthers lost today, no, I really am.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

My online stream didn't glitch once all game right up until this game winning punt return TD by Marcus Jones. 🤷‍♂️
    This was one heck of a defensive battle between these two teams.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BbgKbOT0Ec

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

How could any coach put Baker Mayfield into the game, again? What was Carolina expecting? Is this to intentionally tank for a high draft pick? Two ints. 4 sacks, QBR=20. Oh my!

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/

I just hope the broncos beat the raiders to see if Derek Carr cries again.
    This is an amazing time to hate the raiders lots of good things going on there. How soon until they get kicked out of Vegas and move on to tucumcari?

Seems the Vikings used up all of their luck last week beating the Bills .............Too bad, and of course I bet on them this week!!!!!

@spacehayduke said:
    How could any coach put Baker Mayfield into the game, again? What was Carolina expecting? Is this to intentionally tank for a high draft pick? Two ints. 4 sacks, QBR=20. Oh my!

You know I think he put up.2 tds and a very good completion percentage last week or the week before and I thought the rest might have done him good but apparently not, he is done as a starting QB I think

@perkdog said:

he is done as a starting QB I think

I don't know, seems to be Green Bay really needs a QB! At least one that doesn't trip acid in the offseasone and has a girlfriend that is a self proclaimed witch.........No more spells that obviously have gone wrong :D

@Steven59 said:

@perkdog said:

he is done as a starting QB I think

I don't know, seems to be Green Bay really needs a QB! At least one that doesn't trip acid in the offseasone and has a girlfriend that is a self proclaimed witch.........No more spells that obviously have gone wrong :D

Love this, AR and BM in the same post!

Kirkie Cousins, 7 sacks, no TD's, holding on to that ball too long. By now he should know better...........

The Broncos losing at home to the Raiders, pathetic.

How about the Rams, they go from winning the Super Bowl last season to being a 3-7 team this season, but there's hope, all they have to do is win out.

DD you’re on a roll 🤗😂👍

@Darin said:
    DD you’re on a roll 🤗😂👍

Well no, he is a Carolina fan after all......... ;)

To Baker, we are letting you go..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo_JIcpQmwQ

edited November 20, 2022 9:52PM

Everyone knew mahomes was going to take the chiefs down the field for the game winning TD and we all knew Kelce would probably catch the game winner.
    But here’s something I bet you didnt know…. Bolton had 14 tackles, 10 solo and Gay had 11, which 7 were solo. I’m glad the chiefs drafted those two linebackers because we haven’t had anyone near as good as those two in a long time at LB.
    And Gay had a sack and Bolton a pick.

Well, I just got the news, Baker Mayfield will be out the next few weeks, here's the injury report.

edited November 21, 2022 5:25AM

@doubledragon said:
    I'm happy the Panthers lost today, no, I really am.

Maybe the Panthers can get the Jets offensive team and assistant coach. They generated **two yards ** of offense in the second half yesterday. Over a season, that good enough to get the top draft choice in any season … unless you front office traded it away. >:)

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2022 1:00PM

@doubledragon said:
    How about the Rams, they go from winning the Super Bowl last season to being a 3-7 team this season, but there's hope, all they have to do is win out.

I was just thinking about this a couple days ago trying to find out who the worst teams were after winning a SB the season before.
    This link is what I found: https://www.liveabout.com/super-bowl-winners-fared-after-season-1335480
    The '81 Raiders went 7-9
    The '82 49ers went 3-6 in a strike shortened season
    The '87 Giants went 6-9 in a strike shortened season with a few weeks of replacement players out there
    The '88 Redskins finished 7-9
    The '99 Broncos went 6-10

Not really counting the strike shortened seasons,The Rams would have to go 4-3 to finish out their season to better that 1999 Broncos team at 6-10. With Kupp needing surgery and Stafford possibly dealing with a concussion, that Rams team might end up finishing with the worst record the year after winning it all.

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

I was just thinking about this a couple days ago trying to find out who the worst teams were after winning a SB the season before.
    This link is what I found: https://www.liveabout.com/super-bowl-winners-fared-after-season-1335480
    The '81 Raiders went 7-9
    The '82 49ers went 3-6 in a strike shortened season
    The '87 Giants went 6-9 in a strike shortened season with a few weeks of replacement players out there
    The '88 Redskins finished 7-9
    The '99 Broncos went 6-10

Not really counting the strike shortened seasons,The Rams would have to go 3-3 to finish out their season just to equal that 1999 Broncos team at 6-10. With Kupp needing surgery and Stafford possibly dealing with a concussion, that Rams team might end up finishing with the worst record the year after winning it all.

The Rams sold out for that SB win. By that I mean overpaying, kicking the cap way down the line, and giving away high draft picks with no regard for their future. And all I heard, from many sources, was that in the "new NFL", this is the recipe for winning. I heard that salary cap hell wasn't real. I heard that you can just reload every year. Well, I guess this is not true.

Fans will give anything for a SB win, but when their team then sucks the glory fades and the memory grows less exciting when you are now a bad team. Unless you win 6 in 20 years, that is. 🏈🤣

• MaywoodMaywood Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said: Fans will give anything for a SB win, but when their team then sucks the glory fades and the memory grows less exciting when you are now a bad team.

What about us Cleveland fans who don't get the SB and our team sucks anyway with all the draft picks traded for the privilege of being able to suck?? Cry me a freakin' river, will ya!! Then fire the HC and DC along with the analytics guy and the GM. >:)

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

The Rams sold out for that SB win. By that I mean overpaying, kicking the cap way down the line, and giving away high draft picks with no regard for their future. And all I heard, from many sources, was that in the "new NFL", this is the recipe for winning. I heard that salary cap hell wasn't real. I heard that you can just reload every year. Well, I guess this is not true.

As a Lions fan, I would take it. Put us in a cap nightmare for the next 20 years if we get a Super Bowl win? I'll take it.

Speaking of the Lions, currently the 2023 1st rd pick the Lions got from the Rams in return for Stafford is a higher pick that Detroit's own 1st rounder. Who saw THAT happening? For those who have paid attention, when they've been healthy, Detroit has had a really good offense this year. And the defense looked great against the Giants. The improvement is slow for Detroit but it's there.

@Maywood @Tabe you guys make good points. I think with the Rams it is slightly different. They won a SB with Kurt Warner not tooooo long ago. So I don't think they were as hungry as some other fanbases. I know you guys want that win, and would appreciate it. In all honesty, I want it for you guys too. I'm a Pats fan but I want one for the Bills.

A couple quotes I noticed after the weekend games. Zach Wilson was asked if he felt he and the offense let the defense down after scoring 3 points against the pats. “No…. No” says Zach.
    So I guess he’s fine with a field goal a game. In the words of randy moss “C’ MON MAN”.

Ron Rivera was asked what factors led him to start Heinicke over Wentz.
    “Winning” says Ron.
    Then he took a sharpie and wrote the letter L on wentzs forehead. At least that’s what it felt like to wentz.🤣😅🥹

Rex ryan went off on Zach Wilson. At one point he mentioned how josh Allen stepped up and said it was on him when the bills lost two in a row and said he had to play better.
    Mahomes has said the same thing in the past when the chiefs offense has struggled.
    Looks like young Zach has a lot to learn about accepting responsibility.