Home Sports Talk

The official 2022 NFL season thread

1121314151618»

Comments

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

Add the Steelers to the list of idiotic with their CPR celebration. I mean , damn.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know that he apologized, but was there explanation given?

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    I know that he apologized, but was there explanation given?

Lost his head in reaction to the trainer touching him.

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

and at the other end of the spectrum we had this

unbelievable that this dude would do this with everything that has transpired in the past week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOHEWLLpyps

Best part is that it was his second ejection of the year for shoving a trainer or assistant.

There were 14 ejections in the NFL all year - and this guy was 2 of them, for shoving non-players.

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great in depth analysis of Purdy on ESPN today:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35413230/49ers-brock-purdy-hopes-join-championship-fraternity-backup-quarterbacks

Here is an interesting stat table from the article:

Thaz Purdy darn good. The article notes that there is clearly team talent around him which is no doubt helping him. Keep in mind that the Niners were 3-4 to start the season with Lance and Jimmy G also. Now if he can get at least 2 rounds in the playoffs, or better, take the Niners to an SB...............

Best, SH

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/

@spacehayduke said:
    Great in depth analysis of Purdy on ESPN today:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35413230/49ers-brock-purdy-hopes-join-championship-fraternity-backup-quarterbacks

Here is an interesting stat table from the article:

Thaz Purdy darn good. The article notes that there is clearly team talent around him which is no doubt helping him. Keep in mind that the Niners were 3-4 to start the season with Lance and Jimmy G also. Now if he can get at least 2 rounds in the playoffs, or better, take the Niners to an SB...............

Best, SH

If he takes the Niners to the SB, as a rookie, as Mr. Irrelevant, he'll be an all-time legend as well as Mr. Irrelevant.

But unfortunately for Mr. Purdy, the Bills are winning the SB this year. But still...runner-up would be a heck of a story.

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    But unfortunately for Mr. Purdy, the Bills are winning the SB this year. But still...runner-up would be a heck of a story.

I think Pat Mahomes will have something to say about that prediction, so we will see......................

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@spacehayduke said:

@thisistheshow said:

I think Pat Mahomes will have something to say about that prediction, so we will see......................

Once again it's going to be the Chiefs vs SF!

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@spacehayduke said:

@thisistheshow said:

So you're saying that you don't think this will be the Bills' year? (rhetorical question, you just said as much)

It looks like Tua and Lamar Jackson’s return for the playoffs is unlikely at this point. Jackson hasn’t played since December 4th and Tua has had 3 (2) concussions this year.
    Jackson hasn’t even practiced and it would not look good for the NFL if anything happened to Tua Sunday.
    It’s really too bad as I’m sure everyone would like to see teams healthy for the playoffs.
    Also Mike Williams was injured in a meaningless game, the the Chargers lost anyways.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Tom Brady 432 yards and Mike Evans 207 and 3 TD’s finally put it together in week 16.
    Is Tom Terrific gearing up for another playoff run? Could they ask for a better matchup than the Cowboys?
    How many are picking the Bucs +3 for the upset?

W.C.Fields

My picks for the weekend
    Buffalo
    Cincinnati
    Jacksonville
    Minnesota
    San Francisco
    Tampa Bay

W.C.Fields
    edited January 11, 2023 7:06AM

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@spacehayduke said:

@thisistheshow said:

So you're saying that you don't think this will be the Bills' year? (rhetorical question, you just said as much)

I think I'm making it crystal clear.

No I think the Bills turn the ball over too much and Allen gets into his groove for sure but tends to get too comfortable and make mistakes.

Miami with Tua this Sunday is more than capable of beating them

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@spacehayduke said:
    Sorry Hydrant, I guess you know by now I am not a fan of BM, wish the Rams luck in finding their replacement next year, hoping management realize what they got with this dude............................

Spacey, I just now got caught up on this thread....Anyway, concerning the Lambs QB situation; They fielded 4 different QBs during the season. Stafford, Wolford, Perkins, and Mayfield. All four of them performed equally horrible. As you may know, I attend all Lamb home games and two or three away games every season. I must say that being at the game and watching on t.v. is two different things. Television is nice but doesn't come close to giving the viewer the big picture. What I saw was four QBs taking punishment like nothing I have ever seen. It was brutal. The QB takes the snap takes two steps back, and then WHAM!....he gets overwhelmed and mauled by the defense. Practically every pass was hurried, by all four. All season long. No time to Set up and spot the reciever. It was difficult to watch because all four QBs were getting beat up so bad. By the second half there was no way ANY QB could perform well under those circumstances. They already had 2 solid quarters of getting the sh*t kicked out of them....They were finished by the Third Quarter.. The Lamb offensive line is the joke of the NFL......PATHETIC!

As far as Mayfield is concerned?.... I have no dog in that hunt. I don't know enough about him to have a qualified opinion. I only saw him play one game in person when he was with the Browns. He didn't look all that good in that game. I base my opinions on what I see at the stadium..... Not what I see on t.v. Anyway, there isn't a QB on the face of this Earth that could withstand playing behind that lousy Lamb offensive line. Take it to the bank.

@Hydrant said:

@spacehayduke said:
    Sorry Hydrant, I guess you know by now I am not a fan of BM, wish the Rams luck in finding their replacement next year, hoping management realize what they got with this dude............................

Spacey, I just now got caught up on this thread....Anyway, concerning the Lambs QB situation; They fielded 4 different QBs during the season. Stafford, Wolford, Perkins, and Mayfield. All four of them performed equally horrible. As you may know, I attend all Lamb home games and two or three away games every season. I must say that being at the game and watching on t.v. is two different things. Television is nice but doesn't come close to giving the viewer the big picture. What I saw was four QBs taking punishment like nothing I have ever seen. It was brutal. The QB takes the snap takes two steps back, and then WHAM!....he gets overwhelmed and mauled by the defense. Practically every pass was hurried, by all four. All season long. No time to Set up and spot the reciever. It was difficult to watch because all four QBs were getting beat up so bad. By the second half there was no way ANY QB could perform well under those circumstances. They already had 2 solid quarters of getting the sh*t kicked out of them....They were finished by the Third Quarter.. The Lamb offensive line is the joke of the NFL......PATHETIC!

As far as Mayfield is concerned?.... I have no dog in that hunt. I don't know enough about him to have a qualified opinion. I only saw him play one game in person when he was with the Browns. He didn't look all that good in that game. I base my opinions on what I see at the stadium..... Not what I see on t.v. Anyway, there isn't a QB on the face of this Earth that could withstand playing behind that lousy Lamb offensive line. Take it to the bank.

I'd have to check my notes to be certain, but I'm pretty sure this is the first I'm hearing of you claiming that BM (as you call him, though he is not a bowel movement and BM is the regularly accepted acronym for bowel movement) was as bad as the rest of the bunch. IIn fact, I'm positive that I heard you singing his praises all the way over here in Johnson County, Texas.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

No Tua for this weeks Playoff game.

correct choice in my book

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

edited January 11, 2023 11:21AM

@thisistheshow said:

@Hydrant said:

I'd have to check my notes to be certain, but I'm pretty sure this is the first I'm hearing of you claiming that BM (as you call him, though he is not a bowel movement and BM is the regularly accepted acronym for bowel movement) was as bad as the rest of the bunch. IIn fact, I'm positive that I heard you singing his praises all the way over here in Johnson County, Texas.

Showboat, before you go back to review your "Hydrant Files," first go back and carefully read my previous post on this thread. I did say that all four Lamb QBs preformed equally horrible last season. But with a specific qualification. i.e., "....there isn't a QB on the face of this Earth who could withstand playing behind that lousy Lamb offensive line." In other words, until I see some improvement with the offensive line, it is IMPOSSIBLE to make a fair assessment on the quality of the Lamb QBs.....any of them. The Lambs could have put Brady, Rogers, Allen, and Mahomes on the field last season and they would most likely looked horrible playing behind that line. Actually, Mahomes with his escape artist abilities could have probably done o.k. But just o.k.

While reviewing your "Hydrant Files" I think you will find that what I said about Mayfield was that yes, he looked very good in his first Lamb start. He was fantastic! But my main emphasis about Mayfield was that he brought some excitement, happiness, and joy to the Lambs fans for the first time in what was otherwise a dreary and completely forgettable season. It was wonderful. If only for two games. I didn't think I was implying that I thought he was The Second Coming. Whatever. Bottom line.....Mayfield was the absolute ONLY highlight for the Lambs all season. Why beat a dead horse?😵

And consider this; Mr. Brady, the GOAT, had his first losing record season in his career (I think.). And all season long around here the talk was that he's too old, lost his touch, lost a step, etc. I don't know about that. I think maybe his problems were because the team was the worst he's ever played for. There's only so much one man can do. He's probably still the GOAT.....just playing on a lousy team. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Same as I give the 4 Lamb QBs. Being a Lamb QB last season was the equivalent of serving a sentence of cruel and unusual punishment. It was BRUTAL. Difficult to watch. Actually, unforgivable what the team put those QBs through. Have I made my point? And because of it?
    The Lambs can go screw themselves..

@craig44 said:

Line is now -13 and rising. Will be 15 by game time.

W.C.Fields

Thank you for verbalizing that @Hydrant

@darin you called it with Brady having a losing record. In my opinion, if anything, that will motivate him...as will being a home dog this week.

One more thing and then I'm done with this Baker Mayfield nonsense.
    Mayfield went 2-2 for the Lambs. Actually, that's quite amazing. But, if you watch the game films from the Seahawks game, you will CLEARLY see that the Lambs got robbed by the refs. Specifically the roughing the kicker penalty where the Seahawks punter grabbed a defender who was rolling away and had made no contact. The punter pulled the defender into himself and faked the whole thing. That was the game changer. It was the absolute worst call I can remember since the Saints/Ram championship game that sent the Rams to the SB. If not for that call, and a few others, Mayfield would have gone 3-1 for the Lambs. Coulda woulda shoulda, I get it.....But Amazing Nonetheless.

@Hydrant said:
    One more thing and then I'm done with this Baker Mayfield nonsense.
    Mayfield went 2-2 for the Lambs. Actually, that's quite amazing. But, if you watch the game films from the Seahawks game, you will CLEARLY see that the Lambs got robbed by the refs. Specifically the roughing the kicker penalty where the Seahawks punter grabbed a defender who was rolling away and had made no contact. The punter pulled the defender into himself and faked the whole thing. That was the game changer. It was the absolute worst call I can remember since the Saints/Ram championship game that sent the Rams to the SB. If not for that call, and a few others, Mayfield would have gone 3-1 for the Lambs. Coulda woulda shoulda, I get it.....But Amazing Nonetheless.

You should ask your son (and I'm being serious now) if he thinks the league is on the up and up.

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps the problem in officiating is the officials have accounts at Fan Duel and Draft Kings.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

edited January 11, 2023 2:11PM

@thisistheshow said:

You should ask your son (and I'm being serious now) if he thinks the league is on the up and up.

I don't have to ask him because he told me......and tells me the same thing ALL THE TIME! The last time he told me was Monday night at a Little Hydrants birthday party......

The answer;....NO!.....Vegas odds makers run the show. Same with the NBA but even more so. You couldn't pay me enough money to buy a ticket to an NBA game. I have a son who is a season ticket holder for the Jazz up in Salt Lake. When I'm in town I don't go to the game. I stay home and babysit. It's a WAY more entertaining and honest way to spend an evening. The refs are in the money boy's pockets.....You asked.

Like I said before, and after the Rams/Seahawks game,...I believe it more than ever....
    Might as well be watching Roller Derby.

At least with Roller Derby everyone KNEW the fix was in...
    That was the whole charm!

@Brick said:
    Perhaps the problem in officiating is the officials have accounts at Fan Duel and Draft Kings.

I don't think it's the officials' accounts that are influencing things, though I do smell what you're cookin'.

@2dueces said:

@craig44 said:

Bills will slaughter the Fish now

I'm thinking 31-10 variety

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

@craig44 said:

Alright @2dueces let me be straight with ya...I'll let you have your little "squish the fish" or "skin the fins" moment to jumpstart this year's playoffs, aaaaaaand I'll let you win the SB this year and this year only...so you better get that trophy while the gettin's good, because the Pats are still on (all you Pats fans say it with me now) that Stairway to Seven...

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

@craig44 said:

Alright @2dueces let me be straight with ya...I'll let you have your little "squish the fish" or "skin the fins" moment to jumpstart this year's playoffs, aaaaaaand I'll let you win the SB this year and this year only...so you better get that trophy while the gettin's good, because the Pats are still on (all you Pats fans say it with me now) that Stairway to Seven...

Honestly the Bills team last year was more impressive. Sans the 13 seconds we win the SB. Defense isn’t the same and Allen’s elbow is more significant than he lets on. I’ll never give up but I believe this franchise is cursed. Just one please, just one.

W.C.Fields

@2dueces said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

@craig44 said:

Honestly the Bills team last year was more impressive. Sans the 13 seconds we win the SB. Defense isn’t the same and Allen’s elbow is more significant than he lets on. I’ll never give up but I believe this franchise is cursed. Just one please, just one.

I honestly want you to get that one too. That's why I'm saying you better pounce now. Because the Pats can't stay dormant forever, right. Right? 🤷🤣

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

Los Angeles Rams

@RamsNFL
    Sean McVay informed the team he is excited to return next season.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess this is NFL related - :D
    "Police: Cleveland Browns QB Deshaun Watson’s truck stolen in North Olmsted"

https://www.cleveland19.com/2023/01/14/police-truck-belonging-browns-qb-deshaun-watson-stolen-north-olmsted/

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

@Steven59 said:

Los Angeles Rams

@RamsNFL
    Sean McVay informed the team he is excited to return next season.

Is he in Thailand with Kingsbury?

W.C.Fields