Home Sports Talk
Options

The official 2022 NFL season thread

Comments

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ever seen such a rapid rise as Justin Jefferson at WR?
    He may get 5,000 yards in his first 3 seasons.
    Seriously has anyone started that fast at WR?

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

Moss is the closest in that one too. Jefferson is on 48 games which matched Moss first three seasons. He's killing it before these next two games even count.
    https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-receiving-yards-in-first-3-seasons

• Options
    edited December 27, 2022 8:00PM

Interesting stat I came across while looking at some QB statistics.

It took Josh Allen 3 years to tie Tom Brady in rushing touchdowns.
    They were tied at the end of 2020 with 25 td’s each. It was Brady’s 19th
    season.
    Now Josh has 38 and Tom 27.
    But Lamar Jackson is still behind Brady in rushing touchdowns 😯

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@Darin said:

Moss is the closest in that one too. Jefferson is on 48 games which matched Moss first three seasons. He's killing it before these next two games even count.

Nice link Eric thanks!

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

@Darin said:

@erikthredd said:

@Darin said:

Nice link Eric thanks!

Its kind of weird how they compared them by their first 3 seasons and not first 48 games which would technically be their first 3 complete season of games. Some of the players on that list had anywhere from 1-9 less games played so including enough games to reach 48 would have changed quite a bit IMO.

• Options

Another stat I didn’t know……
    Cam Newton has most rushing td’s for a qb by a wide margin but Josh Allen is already in 4th place.

1. 75 Cam Newton
    2. 43 Steve Young
    3. 40 Jack Kemp
    4. 38 Josh Allen
    5. 37 two players tied

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    Cam Newton has most rushing td’s for a qb by a wide margin but Josh Allen is already in 4th place.

1. 75 Cam Newton
    2. 43 Steve Young
    3. 40 Jack Kemp
    4. 38 Josh Allen
    5. 37 two players tied

Has no idea Kemp had so many. I bet 30 of them were 1 yard sneaks. Saw his whole career here in Buffalo

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@Darin said:

1. 75 Cam Newton
    2. 43 Steve Young
    3. 40 Jack Kemp
    4. 38 Josh Allen
    5. 37 two players tied

Has no idea Kemp had so many. I bet 30 of them were 1 yard sneaks. Saw his whole career here in Buffalo

I thought Fran Tarkington might be higher since he was a really good scrambler, he had 32, not too bad.
    John Elway had 33.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

@Darin said:

1. 75 Cam Newton
    2. 43 Steve Young
    3. 40 Jack Kemp
    4. 38 Josh Allen
    5. 37 two players tied

Kemp didn’t play that long. He was more interested in politics

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

Cam Newton is the best
    cross dressing rushing QB
    In history in my opinion. 🧕

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    edited December 28, 2022 6:21PM

@Darin said:
    Cam Newton is the best
    cross dressing rushing QB
    In history in my opinion. 🧕

Darin, Don’t let @doubledragon see this post!! 😂

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Brady and Rodgers are going to get every close call these last two games. No I’m not a NFL conspiracy theorist. The NFL wants them on that wall. They need them on that wall.
    Dallas travels to Tampa Bay. Tampa Bay wins. Round two. Tampa or Green Bay travels to Philadelphia. Dallas and Philadelphia one and done.
    @perkdog Get one of your buddies to find those odds for me. We’ll go in halves on a $100 bet.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

1. 75 Cam Newton
    2. 43 Steve Young
    3. 40 Jack Kemp
    4. 38 Josh Allen
    5. 37 two players tied

Seeing what became of Newton at a pretty young age should make Bills fans hope Josh Allen doesn't keep getting rushing TDs at such a pace. In my opinion.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    Brady and Rodgers are going to get every close call these last two games. No I’m not a NFL conspiracy theorist. The NFL wants them on that wall. They need them on that wall.
    Dallas travels to Tampa Bay. Tampa Bay wins. Round two. Tampa or Green Bay travels to Philadelphia. Dallas and Philadelphia one and done.
    @perkdog Get one of your buddies to find those odds for me. We’ll go in halves on a $100 bet.

Tell me what the play is and we can figure it out.

Pm me if you want to 🍻

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@Darin said:

1. 75 Cam Newton
    2. 43 Steve Young
    3. 40 Jack Kemp
    4. 38 Josh Allen
    5. 37 two players tied

Seeing what became of Newton at a pretty young age should make Bills fans hope Josh Allen doesn't keep getting rushing TDs at such a pace. In my opinion.

It’s always a concern but Newton took a lot of bad hits. Allen has been lucky with glancing blows. Besides Newton never could throw the ball like Allen.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@thisistheshow said:

@Darin said:

1. 75 Cam Newton
    2. 43 Steve Young
    3. 40 Jack Kemp
    4. 38 Josh Allen
    5. 37 two players tied

It’s always a concern but Newton took a lot of bad hits. Allen has been lucky with glancing blows. Besides Newton never could throw the ball like Allen.

Newton was amazing, and the way he fizzled out might leave him underrated by many. But Allen is on a different level. I respect Allen because he put in the work after becoming a pro to fix his throwing motion. This is what made all of the difference. Nonetheless, as a casual Bills observer, I still see them using him as a runner too much.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@2dueces said:

@thisistheshow said:

@Darin said:

1. 75 Cam Newton
    2. 43 Steve Young
    3. 40 Jack Kemp
    4. 38 Josh Allen
    5. 37 two players tied

Newton was amazing, and the way he fizzled out might leave him underrated by many. But Allen is on a different level. I respect Allen because he put in the work after becoming a pro to fix his throwing motion. This is what made all of the difference. Nonetheless, as a casual Bills observer, I still see them using him as a runner too much.

Jordan Palmer gets the credit for Allen’s success. Allen gets the credit for working hard to change his motion. If you see before and after it’s amazing. Josh was off balance, falling away. Now he’s upright, feet pointing to the target and all his motion forward for power and zip.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@thisistheshow said:

@2dueces said:

@thisistheshow said:

@Darin said:

1. 75 Cam Newton
    2. 43 Steve Young
    3. 40 Jack Kemp
    4. 38 Josh Allen
    5. 37 two players tied

Jordan Palmer gets the credit for Allen’s success. Allen gets the credit for working hard to change his motion. If you see before and after it’s amazing. Josh was off balance, falling away. Now he’s upright, feet pointing to the target and all his motion forward for power and zip.

Yup. I remember reading about their work together. Amazing stuff

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

there's a reason why the Cowboys haven't won squat in decades..........you cannot trust them, ever

i know i keep quoting myself, but once again i was watching the Cowboys last night and these exact sentiments rushed to the forefront of my mind

last night they fooled around with a high school team and had a narrow lead at half. if they had been playing a team worth its salt, which they will undoubtedly do come playoffs time, they would have been down 14-17 points and had one leg in the grave

the Cowboys are imposters and are highly overrated............everyone shall see in coming weeks

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@galaxy27 said:

there's a reason why the Cowboys haven't won squat in decades..........you cannot trust them, ever

i know i keep quoting myself, but once again i was watching the Cowboys last night and these exact sentiments rushed to the forefront of my mind

last night they fooled around with a high school team and had a narrow lead at half. if they had been playing a team worth its salt, which they will undoubtedly do come playoffs time, they would have been down 14-17 points and had one leg in the grave

the Cowboys are imposters and are highly overrated............everyone shall see in coming weeks

Their apparent refusal to step on an inferior opponent's neck may just be an inability...

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    @doubledragon Have you seen these yet? They're hilarious and go back to previous seasons too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd55S-QSN3Q

That is awesome, it really looks like they're saying those actual words, a masterpiece! 😂😂😂😂

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    Have you ever seen such a rapid decline as Mike Evans and Julio Jones at WR?

Julio was available to the Bucks for a reason. He doesn’t have that much left in the tank. He has been out frequently with injuries, and when he’s in there, he’s no where near what he was.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am really liking what I am seeing with the Niners right now. I have not been this excited about them since the Montana/Young days. They are built on defense and running, and now it looks like they have a qb with poise in Purdy, and stats so far show he is going to be successful. Mr. Irrelevant, he was a good sport about that, more evidence of his calm, confident, poise. Looking forward to seeing how this works out but I hope the Niners allow him to develop and not start over with the other two next season.

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

@spacehayduke said:
    I am really liking what I am seeing with the Niners right now. I have not been this excited about them since the Montana/Young days. They are built on defense and running, and now it looks like they have a qb with poise in Purdy, and stats so far show he is going to be successful. Mr. Irrelevant, he was a good sport about that, more evidence of his calm, confident, poise. Looking forward to seeing how this works out but I hope the Niners allow him to develop and not start over with the other two next season.

Best, SH

I'm curious, what sayeth the SF fans? How are they split in their hopes for the future?

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@spacehayduke said:

Best, SH

I'm curious, what sayeth the SF fans? How are they split in their hopes for the future?

Right now Purdy is a feel good story but as good as the 49ers are he isn’t winning a Super Bowl.
    They’ve been mopping up against NFC opponents but no real test yet against the AFC elite. I know it was October before McCaffery but the Chiefs put a beating on them. The did squeeze by the Chargers but they’re too inconsistent to be a good judge.
    The power rankings can put NFC teams in the top spots but the Bills, Chiefs and Bengals are the best teams in the NFL.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    Right now Purdy is a feel good story but as good as the 49ers are he isn’t winning a Super Bowl.
    They’ve been mopping up against NFC opponents but no real test yet against the AFC elite. I know it was October before McCaffery but the Chiefs put a beating on them. The did squeeze by the Chargers but they’re too inconsistent to be a good judge.
    The power rankings can put NFC teams in the top spots but the Bills, Chiefs and Bengals are the best teams in the NFL.

As Purdy gains more experience, even 2 more regular season games, let's see how he develops. His poise is what impresses me and that usually drives a qb forward as they learn from playing. While I agree that SF has not had the toughest schedule, look at the Vikings. They could easily be only 4 wins right now, they have been very lucky in very tight games. That kind of luck will run out in the playoffs likely. All of the NFC teams have flaws, SF's biggest flaw is a rookie qb, I'd say they are the favorite to get to the SB right now, but agree that AFC team will be favored.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    edited January 1, 2023 12:12PM

I'm not watching the Panthers game today, too much at stake, too stressful, and you can't make me watch. I'm retiring to my chambers, just leave me be!

• Options

Got to the games late. Splitting time between the Pats and the Bucs. I am disparaged by the Pats offense. I am tremendously curious about the opinions of my brethren regarding something that just took place in the Bucs vs Panthers game...

Down 14-7, first quarter, on fourth down and on maybe the Panthers' three yard line, the Bucs bring in the field goal unit. The home crowd boos. The announcers say they are surprised that the Bucs aren't being more aggressive trying to tie up the game. What happened to taking the points? Am i obtuse, or is the world?

• Options

Showtime…. You said it was still the first quarter so I don’t see a problem with taking 3 points. Sometimes it’s good to build momentum because weren’t they behind 14-0? Nothing wrong with 10 straight points

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

@Darin said:
    Showtime…. You said it was still the first quarter so I don’t see a problem with taking 3 points. Sometimes it’s good to build momentum because weren’t they behind 14-0? Nothing wrong with 10 straight points

I agree. This is why I was surprised to even hear the talking heads say they were surprised. The points matter.

• Options

I'm watching Darin's team and they have been fooling around with the Broncos the entire game

• Options

Setting up nicely for Green Bay. Just gotta wait til 2:00 left for Brady to win the game. The old guard isn’t dead yet

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@thisistheshow said:
    Got to the games late. Splitting time between the Pats and the Bucs. I am disparaged by the Pats offense. I am tremendously curious about the opinions of my brethren regarding something that just took place in the Bucs vs Panthers game...

Down 14-7, first quarter, on fourth down and on maybe the Panthers' three yard line, the Bucs bring in the field goal unit. The home crowd boos. The announcers say they are surprised that the Bucs aren't being more aggressive trying to tie up the game. What happened to taking the points? Am i obtuse, or is the world?

No, I do not wish to know the score. Stay back, look away!

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

he hasn't thrown a touchdown pass to the best wide receiver on the team since week FOUR.

Looks like Tom & Mike read your comment and all they have to say is...

They would like it if you could just ignore the fact that Sam Darnold is beating them right now. 🤣😎🤣

• Options
    edited January 1, 2023 1:47PM

@thisistheshow said:

Brady is not what he used to be, but main fault lies with the Bucks’s offensive coaches. They are not doing the job, and have not done it all season. When the Bucks get into the hurry up, with Brady more in control, they do better.

The Bucks just took the lead with a TD a two point conversion.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@erikthredd said:

this was me on the dance floor last night

• Options

In the meantime, the Eagles are sleepwalking with New Orleans. Hurts needs to comeback, or the season is toast.

• Options

Off topic...Brady just successfully ran a QB sneak. He is the GOAT QB sneaker...as well...

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@erikthredd said:

this was me on the dance floor last night

I've been watching the Pats game but Brady just hit Evans for a 3rd TD. They should have been doing this all along.

• Options

Bucs had the chance to ice it and missed out. Darnold now has his shot @doubledragon

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    Bucs had the chance to ice it and missed out. Darnold now has his shot @doubledragon

aaaannnddd he just blew it lol.

• Options

Sorry DD. No dice.

• Options
    edited January 1, 2023 2:04PM

Turn out the lights. Fumble and a Fornet TD. The Bucks survived an early scarce.

Brady and Evens got on the same page today.

Correct that. Brady sneak for a TD. PAT no good. Bucks up 30-21.

• Options

• Options

And Brady sneaks it in for the game-sealing td...like I said...

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

Off topic...Brady just unsuccessfully turned around, handed the ball off, lost 3 yards, and had to settle for a field goal after being on the one-inch line

this is very unfortunate

usually it's a brilliant play call

• Options

Minnesota just had 1st and goal at the 1

1st n goal: QB sneak incomplete pass

2nd n goal: QB sneak hand off to Cook for zero yards

3rd n goal: QB sneak hand off to Cook for -1 yards

4th n goal: 4 fewer points than they should have had because their coach was dropped on his head as a child

it just never stops

i think i need to seek professional help

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    Minnesota just had 1st and goal at the 1

1st n goal: QB sneak incomplete pass

2nd n goal: QB sneak hand off to Cook for zero yards

3rd n goal: QB sneak hand off to Cook for -1 yards

4th n goal: 4 fewer points than they should have had because their coach was dropped on his head as a child

it just never stops

i think i need to seek professional help

• Options
    edited January 1, 2023 3:11PM

Maybe Minnesota will run out of horseshoes and four leaf clovers this week. They aren’t playing to Colts.

• Options

The Packers laid a beating on the Vikings, if the Cowboy in my avatar wins next week he's going to the playoffs.