Home Sports Talk
Options

The official 2022 NFL season thread

Comments

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jeez - Good thing the Browns wasted their 4th round pick on that kicker - York obviously can't be accurate in the cold and snow.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@2dueces said:
    Line was +3.5. You still would have won. 😂

Of course it was - nothing fishy there huh? :D

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

Josh Allen TD pass as time runs out in the half.
    As time was running out I was yelling get rid of it!
    Way to go josh🫣

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

So cool watching that great Saturday night game and not having to get up for work in the morning.🏈

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does not look good for seeing the Eagles game. The World Cup has preempted it.

It down to penalty kicks now. How many hours will that take? Boring!

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I write this as the Jags just scored to take the lead in the 4th.

If the Cowboys lose the game and /or don't show some fight at the end, I take back my Cowboys takes. Sorry @doubledragon

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    I write this as the Jags just scored to take the lead in the 4th.

If the Cowboys lose the game and /or don't show some fight at the end, I take back my Cowboys takes. Sorry @doubledragon

Cowboys? I've got my hands full with the Panthers, they control their own destiny and this is the pitiful effort we put up at home!

• Options

You see, and people wonder I've become a Cowboys fan, years of this crap, a freaking embarrassment.

• Options

Wow.

• Options

Could the Dallas Cowboys be in a late season slump? They had trouble beating the lowly Huston team last week and now lose to Jacksonville. The Cowboys are now three games out of first place in National Conference East.

But the Eagles didn’t have a walkover with the Bears.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@doubledragon said:
    You see, isn't this nice, everything in life is so much nicer when the Dallas Cowboys are winning football games, the coffee tastes better, the grass is greener, the sky is bluer, the eggs, everything is bigger in Texas.

I don’t think JJ is grinning this week.

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭✭

With Dallas losing today Steven A. will be in uncommon form on ESPN this week. He was almost ready for a stroke last week going off on them.

• Options

Panthers lose, Cowboys lose, some weekend this turned out to be!

• Options

Here we go again..........Raiders are trying their best to lose another game in the 4th quarter.........

• Options

Watching the GOAT today, I realized that I have to share an important message with all of you. If you are looking at the offensive performance of Brady and the Bucs, and you find yourself critiquing his play with references to his age, you might be going down the wrong path. Think about, if you will, what you would say about the same performance from a quarterback in his younger years.

• Options

(Who does ageism affect?)

BRADY in the second half today!

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    (Who does ageism affect?)

BRADY in the second half today!

I was trying to make a poorly worded observation/joke. Ill leave it there for posterity.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,369 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

there's a reason why the Cowboys haven't won squat in decades..........you cannot trust them, ever

agree. you're a savvy poster.

• Options

I’m sure glad I have Sunday ticket because the ending of raiders -pats was priceless just to see the look on belechik’s face 😂

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Patriots just invented a new way to end a game before overtime

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,369 ✭✭✭✭✭

tempting prop bet at my book

jakobi meyers is cut before the plane lands

• Options

Mahomes was much better today compared to last week.
    Chiefs top 4 receivers in yardage today had 31 targets and 31 receptions. Not too shabby and mahomes completed 20 passes in a row which is intact going into next game.
    The problem was kc had two fumbles (neither by mahomes) and Houston had zero turnovers.
    The Texans are a tough team despite the terrible record.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

Tampa loses. First half, flashes of the old Brady. Second half, the Tampa Bay Tail Draggers.

I hope theY run the table and lose the rest of their games. That might get this miserable coaching staff fired. They caLL a trick play on fourth down deep in their own territory. The ball is supposed to be centered to a runner, but he’s standing there like a statue. Result, fumble and easy Cincinnati score.

Brady is washed up. He will retire and leave the team like a bunch of other players who need to retire or go elsewhere. The coaching staff is incompetent, but we will probably be stuck with them for a couple years.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

Now I’m no raider fan but I probably enjoyed that single play more than any other I’ve seen this year.
    Talk about a total blustercluck!!
    😳😁🤣😀🥹🫢

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

@galaxy27 said:

Now I’m no raider fan but I probably enjoyed that single play more than any other I’ve seen this year.
    Talk about a total blustercluck!!
    😳😁🤣😀🥹🫢

https://youtu.be/5o8AsiUDE70

• Options

@countdouglas said:

(Now I’m no raider fan but I probably enjoyed that single play more than any other I’ve seen this year.)

Amazing and very unexpected. B)

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 18, 2022 6:49PM

Even I laughed at the end of the Pats game

It was that ridiculous

• Options

It’s like Mac jones almost laid down and let chandler jones run over him🤭
    Horrible attempt at a tackle.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

WOWWW!!!! Did the refs screw Washington on that play or what?

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    Mahomes was much better today compared to last week.
    Chiefs top 4 receivers in yardage today had 31 targets and 31 receptions. Not too shabby and mahomes completed 20 passes in a row which is intact going into next game.
    The problem was kc had two fumbles (neither by mahomes) and Houston had zero turnovers.
    The Texans are a tough team despite the terrible record.

The Tejanos are only going to get better next year as they head towards the #1 draft pick, which was the plan all along. Problem is that they look like they are going to need a qb, sadly, Mills is looking Mayfield-esque although there is still time to correct his shortcomings in the few games left. We will see.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

@BillJones said:
    Tampa loses. First half, flashes of the old Brady. Second half, the Tampa Bay Tail Draggers.

Is that the local square dance club?

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

@perkdog said:

It was that ridiculous

If someone does not lose their job over that final play, then, well, stupidity is king in the NFL............ Joe off the street could not screw something up that bad LOL, that was very hard to do.

• Options
    edited December 19, 2022 4:43AM

@spacehayduke said:

@BillJones said:

Is that the local square dance club?

No, it stems from @doubledragon’s video of a black car sliding its butt on the carpet after his Panthers had another bad game. Since it is hard to think of a fitting image for loser pirates, other than being imprisoned or drawn and quartered, its image that fits this underperforming team, which can’t win for losing.

Father time has caught up with Brady, but inept coaching staff has made him look worse. The offense is really bad, and after numerous three and outs, the defense breaks down too.

The Bucks need to retool and start over. Too many players, led by Brady, are past their prime, and the coaching staff, especially the offensive coaches, and the head coach, need to go.

• Options

@spacehayduke said:

@perkdog said:

It was that ridiculous

If someone does not lose their job over that final play, then, well, stupidity is king in the NFL............ Joe off the street could not screw something up that bad LOL, that was very hard to do.

Start the blame with Stevenson. It was a draw up the middle. He adlibbed the play after that

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

@spacehayduke said:

@perkdog said:

It was that ridiculous

Totally agree, the fact that they didnt just take a freaking knee was absurdly incompetent, there was no chance Jones could even throw a hail Mary which was the only reasonable thought process if they were going to do anything other than take a knee.

Stupidity at its finest

• Options

This morning I am reinvigorated in my disgust for the non-overturned TD that preceded the lateral incident. I'm not letting the league off the hook that easily. There are lots of details to this kind of thing that are so infuriating (in a spots kind of way).

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    This morning I am reinvigorated in my disgust for the non-overturned TD that preceded the lateral incident. I'm not letting the league off the hook that easily. There are lots of details to this kind of thing that are so infuriating (in a spots kind of way).

Cheer up, the Cowboys made the playoffs last night.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Cheer up, the Cowboys made the playoffs last night.

They could have clinched with a win, and didn't win, so. My attitude towards the Boys has done a 180. I no longer think that they will beat Philadelphia in Christmas Eve. And I no longer believe that they have what it takes to overcome Dak's shortcomings and make a deep run. Sorry Jj/DD.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am still aggravated. I would cut Meyers first thing this morning. The play called was for a draw, then to go down. Stupid for the RB to lateral, unbelievable for meyers to just throw the ball up into the middle of the field. Stupid.

BB needs to send a message. do your job.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    I am still aggravated. I would cut Meyers first thing this morning. The play called was for a draw, then to go down. Stupid for the RB to lateral, unbelievable for meyers to just throw the ball up into the middle of the field. Stupid.

BB needs to send a message. do your job.

I just saw the tape this morning.

That was as dumb a play as the time many years ago when the New York Giants only needed to take a knee and beat the Eagles. Instead they tried to hand the ball off and fumbled. The Eagles picked up the ball and ran it in for a touchdown and a gift win.

• Options
    edited December 23, 2022 6:47PM

Saturday game in Cleveland tomorrow : 10° temps, winds up to 30mph sustained, possible snow squalls off of Lake Erie, and MINUS 30° windchills...........Hope Chubb & Hunt have their ice cleats on :#

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    Saturday game in Cleveland tomorrow : 10° temps, winds up to 30mph sustained, possible snow squalls off of Lake Erie, and MINUS 30° windchills...........Hope Chubb & Hunt have their ice cleats on :#

Best bet of the day. Frigid temperatures against a dome team. Saints are 1-6 on the road. Watson finding his legs and Nick Chubb.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2022 2:36PM

I’m stuck with two early games that won’t be much fun. I don’t care for either Seattle or the Chiefs, and the other game is Cincinnati versus New England. The Patriots’ defense looked like a bowl of rice pudding during the first Bengals offensive drive. If the Hoodie’s team looks like this for the whole game, it’s going to be a long afternoon.

The Pats just had a three and out with Cincinnati getting great field position. Could we have the “mercy rule” please so I could see another game? They have done that with the last two Eagle’s games and switched to another contest.

• Options

I'm watching my Panthers vs the Lions, we're up 24-7 at halftime!

• Options

Billjones- get NFL Sunday ticket and watch any game you want.
    I’m watching the chiefs and they just went to halftime so I switched to bills-bears. I was also keeping an eye on cincy but like you said it’s a blowout.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

The panthers are up 31-7!

• Options
    edited December 24, 2022 1:25PM

It's 34-13, we're letting them put points on the board, come on man!

• Options

@2dueces said:
    Best bet of the day. Frigid temperatures against a dome team. Saints are 1-6 on the road. Watson finding his legs and Nick Chubb.

Well, never underestimate the ability of the Browns to screw things up.

• Options

Eagles up 10 - zip!

The analysts said that Prescott gets in trouble when he’s flushed from the pocket, and that’s what just happened.