Home Sports Talk
Options

The official 2022 NFL season thread

Comments

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    The Packers laid a beating on the Vikings, if the Cowboy in my avatar wins next week he's going to the playoffs.

Carolina made a nice run. Had their chance. I need one win to cash my over 6. Playing for pride next week.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 1, 2023 8:35PM

Purdy good again, that is 5 games in a row, and when the defense fails, he carries the team. Dude has poise, love it! And a rookie and Mr. Irrelevant. Goodbye Trey and Jimmy.

Brock Purdy hits fresh NFL milestone as 'Mr Irrelevant' compared to Tom Brady

Ignore the Brits math in this article, they are laughably off in several key points but hey, the next Brady? You go Daily Mirror..............

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/american-sports/brock-purdy-nfl-tom-brady-28854047

More Purdy:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35362648/brock-purdy-earns-high-marks-leading-49ers-behind

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

Kirkie C this week - QBR = 10.2, against a bad Packer team. Vikes goodbye in the playoffs.
    BM this week - QBR - 27.2, hey at least he is consistent, racked up 10 points against a questionable Charger D. LOL Baker man...........

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

Sorry Hydrant, I guess you know by now I am not a fan of BM, wish the Rams luck in finding their replacement next year, hoping management realize what they got with this dude............................

• Options

I wanna see Case Cookus in Week 18....................

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Case_Cookus

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2, 2023 5:22AM

i raked Brady over the coals and voilà, a providential performance

even made mention of his inability to connect with Evans and they immediately went off

if anyone here has someone sucking on their favorite team, lmk and i'll call them out

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

i raked Brady over the coals and voilà, a providential performance

even made mention of his inability to connect with Evans and they immediately went off

if anyone here has someone sucking on their favorite team, lmk and i'll call them out

Do it for the Patriots' chances over the Bills this Sunday, and for @dallasactuary's ability to understand the greatness of Jim Rice...

thanks in advance

• Options

and here's a good one for your monday morning viewing pleasure:

the Raiders are 6-10 with a -5 point differential

the Vikings are 12-4 with a -19 point differential

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

and for @dallasactuary's ability to understand the greatness of Jim Rice...

• Options

If the Chiefs would have lost and the Bills beat the Bengals, Buffalo probably would have rested players in the 2nd half against New England. The Patriots would have had a chance to get into the 7th spot. Of course they still have a shot by beating the Bills but Buffalo needs to win out or a loss by Kansas City.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35388199/bills-bengals-game-not-resume-amid-damar-hamlin-continued-recovery

Because of the canceled game, the league's owners will vote Friday -- with 24 of 32 needed (three-fourths majority) to approve -- on scenarios approved by the competition committee Thursday that involve a neutral site for an AFC Championship Game. Those are dependent on Week 18 outcomes:

• If Buffalo and Kansas City both win or tie, a Bills-Chiefs championship game will be at a neutral site.

• If Buffalo and Kansas City both lose and Baltimore wins or ties, a Bills-Chiefs championship game will be at a neutral site.

• If Buffalo and Kansas City both lose and Cincinnati wins, a Bills or Bengals vs. Chiefs championship game will be at a neutral site.

The potential neutral sites have not yet been determined. The seeds will hold up throughout the playoffs.

If Buffalo and Kansas City both win this weekend, the Chiefs will get the bye. If Buffalo wins and Kansas City loses, the Bills will be the No. 1 seed and get the bye, and no neutral sites would come into play.

If the Baltimore Ravens win and are matched against Cincinnati in an AFC wild-card game, the site will be determined by a coin flip. If Cincinnati wins or if the two teams are not matched against each other after a potential Ravens win, regular scheduling procedures will go into effect.

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 6, 2023 9:21AM

This whole thing has really gotten stupidly out of control as that weasel, Roger Goodell, shows his true color and is unable to make a clear decision on his own. Wait until after the games are played this weekend and the cut-throat nature of everything forces all teams to quickly forget about an injured player and rejoice or complain about how things have worked out. There's just no way to manipulate the outcome to make it seem "fair" to all teams so they should just quit trying. Go with the end of season winning percentages and in-place tie breaker rules and start the playoffs.

One thing everyone forgets to consider and nobody has mentioned --- it is within the realm of possibility that the cancelled game may have ended in a tie, then we'd be right where we are.

• Options

If Chiefs win today the Bills are locked in to 2nd slot. Do they rest starters tomorrow?

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2023 4:47PM

@thisistheshow said:
    If Chiefs win today the Bills are locked in to 2nd slot. Do they rest starters tomorrow?

I think they will go out there tomorrow all fired up to win the game for Damar.......... I couldn't imagine anyone from Buffalo wanting to sit out and watch this game from the bench.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    • If Buffalo and Kansas City both win or tie, a Bills-Chiefs championship game will be at a neutral site.

• If Buffalo and Kansas City both lose and Baltimore wins or ties, a Bills-Chiefs championship game will be at a neutral site.

• If Buffalo and Kansas City both lose and Cincinnati wins, a Bills or Bengals vs. Chiefs championship game will be at a neutral site.

The potential neutral sites have not yet been determined. The seeds will hold up throughout the playoffs.

If Buffalo and Kansas City both win this weekend, the Chiefs will get the bye. If Buffalo wins and Kansas City loses, the Bills will be the No. 1 seed and get the bye, and no neutral sites would come into play.

If the Baltimore Ravens win and are matched against Cincinnati in an AFC wild-card game, the site will be determined by a coin flip. If Cincinnati wins or if the two teams are not matched against each other after a potential Ravens win, regular scheduling procedures will go into effect.

• Options

@Steven59 said:

@erikthredd said:

😎😎😎

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

@countdouglas said:

That is interesting. 🤔

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

No because if the bills win and them and kc both make it to the AFC championship game it will be played at a neutral site.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

The Bills must win today to lock up the #2 seed. If they lose and Cincinnati wins they fall to #3.
    The 2 seed is guaranteed two home games.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking forward to the Lions vs Packers game, will the Packers sneak into the playoffs, or will cousin Rodgers be out in the cold draining the crapper?

• Options

@2dueces said:

That’s the exact same look Josh Allen had on his face after throwing another critical pick right before the half in easy field goal range

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

@Darin said:

@2dueces said:

That’s the exact same look Josh Allen had on his face after throwing another critical pick right before the half in easy field goal range

I LOL your comment then Mac throws a redzone pick at the 1 on the very next play. 😠😠😠

• Options

Two plays later the Bills give it right back.

• Options

Yes baby, yes, yes, yes, the Panthers won, we got it done, yes, hear us roar!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

felicidades 🥳 🎉

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

felicidades 🥳 🎉

Thank you, at least we ended the season on a high note. Of course the happiness won't last long, the playoffs will remind me of our failure and bring the pain back again, and pretty soon I'll be as bitter as Franklin Delano Romanowski.

• Options

Roar all you want ;) , but Sam Darnold is back to normal - the Panther future is bleak unless they can find a qb..........

• Options
    edited January 8, 2023 4:36PM

Houston you have a problem - you no longer have the #1 pick. WTH were you thinking today? LOL! Sheesh.

• Options

@spacehayduke said:
    Roar all you want ;) , but Sam Darnold is back to normal - the Panther future is bleak unless they can find a qb..........

No doubt about it, we need a quarterback very bad!

• Options

Meanwhile Dallas looks like crap today, seven 3 and outs, seven!

• Options

Hey Purdy naysayers; the opposing teams are gonna get him this game you say, they are watching films you say, he is a rookie and last string qb you say, he ain't gonna continue to be Joe Montana re-incarnated you say.

Stats with 1:01 left in the 3rd:

Granted, 4 sacks, but 3 of them looked to me like missed blocking assignments. Granted, it is against Arizona D which appears to be Lost In Space except for JJ, I'll give you that. But what else can you say? As I said in his first start, Purdy has poise P-O-I-S-E. Niners looking strong, 'Joe' Purdy be good.

• Options

Watching Sam Howell have success for Washington makes me very bitter, he played his college ball at UNC, a home guy, had a pretty good college career, he was a guy I was interested in but the Panthers passed on him.

• Options

So this is what a Quarter of a BILLION DOLLARS gets you now a days:

Deshaun Watson 19/29 attempts 230 yards 2TD 2 INT 44 Rush Yrds
    14 points during a 28 - 14 LOSS!

Great investment. SOB (Same Old Browns)

• Options

Tampa Bay, 8-9, in the playoffs. NFL embarrassed...................

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

there's a reason why the Cowboys haven't won squat in decades..........you cannot trust them, ever

do i need to say this in portuguese

• Options

How about the Titans, ouch, talk about going downhill fast. They're even going to make a movie about it, Denzel has been tapped for the role of Mike Vrabel.

• Options

If the Packers win this game tonight it will be because Aaron Rodgers is stoned on psychedelic mushrooms. The only reason they won last week is because he was sniffing glue.

• Options

To me one of the best stories of the year is the turnaround of the Jaguars and Trevor Lawrence.
    Last year I don’t remember Trevor complaining about the bad situation he was in with the awful coaching.
    He just went out and tried to improve. This year he turned into a very good QB who led his team to the playoffs.
    I’m a Trevor fan now after kind of seeing what he’s made of the last 2 years, nice to see the success after the tough start to his NFL career.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    edited January 8, 2023 8:21PM

@doubledragon said:
    [ If the Packers win this game tonight it will be because Aaron Rodgers is stoned on psychedelic mushrooms. The only reason they won last week is because he was sniffing glue.]

Or Goff sucked and Rodgers was on his game - Looks like Goff is on tonight and Arron wan'ts to go on vacation. But It ain't over till it's over...........
    >

• Options

SF 38 - AZ 13. Okay then, where are those that said it would catch up with Purdy? Well it did not, with each game he improves. Maybe he will implode in the playoffs, we will see. But so far 'Joe' Purdy is making good ole 1rst rounder Lance look like he should sit the bench if he ever gets healthy again. Love it!

• Options

@spacehayduke said:
    SF 38 - AZ 13. Okay then, where are those that said it would catch up with Purdy? Well it did not, with each game he improves. Maybe he will implode in the playoffs, we will see. But so far 'Joe' Purdy is making good ole 1rst rounder Lance look like he should sit the bench if he ever gets healthy again. Love it!

I believe Granny from the Beverley Hillbillies could run this team with the weapons on offense and their defense.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭

THANK YOU DETROIT!!!!!!

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭

But seriously, those two stupid penalties by GB were two of the dumbest, most undisciplined that I have seen in a long time.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭✭✭

@spacehayduke said:
    Tampa Bay, 8-9, in the playoffs. NFL embarrassed...................

At least the TB exposure will be short lived.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2023 3:48AM

It looks like Aaron Rodgers picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue. I'm kind of Sad about the Packers being losing.

• Options

Say what you will. Who would you rather see in the playoffs.
    Seattle
    A high flying Detroit team?
    Aaron Rodgers?

I still like seeing Rodgers. Or a fun Detroit team.
    Seattle? Meh

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Nice gesture when John Brown caught an amazing TD and then gave the ball to the assistant trainer who helped save Damar Hamlins life.
    Brown still has the wheels.
    He went to Pittsburgh State college in Kansas not Pennsylvania and I have family who went there on athletic scholarships.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

@Darin said:
    Nice gesture when John Brown caught an amazing TD and then gave the ball to the assistant trainer who helped save Damar Hamlins life.
    Brown still has the wheels.
    He went to Pittsburgh State college in Kansas not Pennsylvania and I have family who went there on athletic scholarships.

and at the other end of the spectrum we had this

unbelievable that this dude would do this with everything that has transpired in the past week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOHEWLLpyps