Home U.S. Coin Forum

****2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread - Flipping Posts Welcome!*****

Comments

• WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

My "P's" have just shipped

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 25, 2021 12:05PM

@JimTyler said:
    This isn’t a diary....my d&s have shipped..my P mint is processing....took a dump....had to call the mint to update card...STICK TO PICTURES AT THIS STAGE OF THE GAME. or not.

• kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    edited October 25, 2021 1:21PM

The D reverse on the top has the flat part of the edge cut into as if off center and should be on the inside of the edge. I thought it was the way I had the coin placed when photographing, but looked with a loupe and it's actually like that. Forgive me, I forgot what this is called.

• al410al410 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭

Just got the D Morgans delivered and S was received at post office on Sat and got shipping noticed on Peace today
    Al

edited October 25, 2021 12:47PM

• Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

@kimber45ACP said:
    and yes, the D reverse on the top has flat part of the rim filled with the bumps that should be on the inside of the rim. I thought it was the way I had the coin placed when photographing, but looked with a loupe and it's actually like that. Forgive me, I forgot what this is called.

error coin?

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll laugh if the O Morgans are the lowest quality as a group...JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYS!!!

@kimber45ACP said:

I see the same mark just to the right of the ear on both of these obverses, but the D has another one to the right of that, that the S does not have. I do not see these on the @jwitten first photo of the O privy and that coin looks very nice.

The top of the rim on the D is also interesting. I get my 3 D's in several hours and will know what to look for. Photos to follow if anything unusual shows up on them.

edited October 25, 2021 12:36PM

Hope the Peace gets here soon.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

those rim marks are quite common on the ATB P-pucks

I've seen them in 70 holders

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Peace dollar shipped!😎

Have to wait until December to get my Peace, when my daughter brings it to me.

• vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:
    This isn’t a diary....my d&s have shipped..my P mint is processing....took a dump....had to call the mint to update card...STICK TO PICTURES AT THIS STAGE OF THE GAME. or not.

Would you be happy with the picture of a big pile of steaming dog doo-doo coz that is all I have to currently offer :p

@jwitten said:
    It’s here!!!!!
    (Made you look!)

Sorry, couldn’t help myself 😂

Go get yourself one of these till you get the real deal

2021 BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS MORGAN PEACE COMMEMORATIVE DOLLAR 1921 MINTAGE!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124839942182?ViewItem=&item=124839942182

;)

Sold out, too!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Yes, you did. Sort of sad that 2 ouncer might look better than what we will actually get.

@CaptHenway said:
    Picked up my 10 CC and 10 O at the P.O. Box today. Counter clerk did ask to see my drivers license and, after handing it back to me, asked me my date of birth. So yeah, you gotta be 21 and prove it, even though I am old and decrepit enough that I get Senior Discounts at restaurants without asking for them.

Curiously, one box is almost twice as large as the other. 10 coins in each. Different packers, I guess.

Some time back the eBay purchase of mine requiring a signature was not delivered because only my son was at home (and will be turning twenty soon) and left a note asking me to pick it up since it cannot be delivered to anyone under 21.
    Hurt my son's ego coz he can vote, get a motorcycle licence or join the army etc. but can't have a drink nor accept a package :lol:

O obverse has some rim issues as well.

@RichR said:
    I'll laugh if the O Morgans are the lowest quality as a group...JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYS!!!

But Philly too does not have that much of an exemplary track record lately and the privy coins were minted there. So torn as to whom to blame. :neutral:

edited October 25, 2021 2:20PM

So what causes these rim issues on both sides? Will DDO's be next? Are the blanks slightly different sizes, or out of round? Is the press in need of maintenance? Pressure not adjusted correctly? Serious questions, as I am not familiar with this result.

@FredWeinberg Are these rim results considered mint errors?

• seduloussedulous Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sedulous said:

@sedulous said:

@sedulous said:

@sedulous said:
    All my orders are now "Processing" !!!

Ugghhh. Still "Processing".

Is this happening to others? or am I the only one not getting "Shipping"?

Still nothing - just "Processing" the D, S, P, and Peace (3 each).
    Didn't get my foot in the door on CC and O privy.

Many of you are getting yours shipped or they are even arriving to your address. I wish I knew how some are moving to Shipping while others stay in Processing. Need to teach myself how to be patient! LOL.

A Barber Quartet is made up of Nickels, Dimes, Quarters, and Halves.

@vulcanize said:

Some time back the eBay purchase of mine requiring a signature was not delivered because only my son was at home (and will be turning twenty soon) and left a note asking me to pick it up since it cannot be delivered to anyone under 21.
    Hurt my son's ego coz he can vote, get a motorcycle licence or join the army etc. but can't have a drink nor accept a package :lol:

This 21-year-old policy is from the Mint or the USPS/UPS?
    My son lives in college dorm. All the packages are signed by a staff in the building mailroom.
    Does this policy apply to the staff? And, if my son who is under 21 goes to get the package, does this policy apply to him, since the package already signed by the staff?

• HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 25, 2021 2:27PM

@sedulous said:
    Many of you are getting yours shipped or they are even arriving to your address. I wish I knew how some are moving to Shipping while others stay in Processing. Need to teach myself how to be patient! LOL.

Meanwhile, at the Mint distribution warehouse...

---- -- --

BST references available on request

• santinidollarsantinidollar Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 25, 2021 2:26PM

My Morgans are at the post office. Hopefully, delivery tomorrow. Peace dollars in processing.

I have seen misaligned dies on proof coins grade as struck at 70

If your die is misaligned… it happens

@MsMorrisine said:

Well if poor quality control of die alignment is rewarded with 70's as struck, when does it ever get recognized as an error? Either way, I would prefer correct alignment on the 70's I get graded, just like I prefer correct alignment on my car's tie rods.

edited October 25, 2021 2:40PM

@Samuel8 said:

@vulcanize said:

My son lives in college dorm. All the packages are signed by a staff in the building mailroom.
    Does this policy apply to the staff? And, if my son who is under 21 goes to get the package, does this policy apply to him, since the package already signed by the staff?

Upon delivery, an adult who is 21 years of age or older must provide a driver's license, passport, or other government-issued photo identification that lists age or date of birth and provide a signature for receipt of the mailpiece.

https://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2011/pb22313/html/updt_001.htm

@Goldminers said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Well if poor quality control of die alignment is rewarded with 70's as struck, when does it ever get recognized as an error? Either way, I would prefer correct alignment on the 70's I get graded, just like I prefer correct alignment on my car's tie rods.

The "rim" is not considered when the coin is graded.

@vulcanize said:

@Samuel8 said:

@vulcanize said:

Upon delivery, an adult who is 21 years of age or older must provide a driver's license, passport, or other government-issued photo identification that lists age or date of birth and provide a signature for receipt of the mailpiece.

https://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2011/pb22313/html/updt_001.htm

I did not pay attention to the mint signature requirement.
    The mint only asks for adult signature for expensive orders, right?

that's not entirely true. significant enough rim dings will detail grade a coin, and filed rims will detail grade a coin.

I'd think rim contact marks would factor into a Unc. grade

edited October 25, 2021 3:24PM

on October 18th 2021 @MsMorrisine said:

CC & O

about 250 listings

17 "new listing"

51 listings ending in under 7 days

CC - $350 area - trend is still downward

O - $250 area sometime a bit more - trend is still downward

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

D & S

about 240 listings - lots of "graded" offerings

very few true auctions $??? area - trend ???

BINs - $175 to a bit more - flat compared to previous true auctions

P Morgan and Peace

P Morgan - maybe 120 or so listings - lots of sets mixed in

Peace - maybe 120 or so listings - lots of sets mixed in

==

P Morgan - $165 - $175 - flat - very few true auctions

Peace - $225ish - flat - lots more BINs

=-=-=-=-
    =-=-=-=-

6 coin sets

about 20 listings

just a few this week - $1500 - flat

CC & O

about 650 listings

I can't count that high 17 "new listing"

51 listings ending in under 7 days

CC - $225 - $250 area sometimes a bit more - trend is looking way down with this week telling tales

O - $200 -$225 area sometimes a bit more or less - trend is still downward

D & S

about 650 listings - tried to exclude "graded" offerings

some true auctions $125 - $150 area - trend weakening from weeks before

BINs - similar to auctions - down compared to last week.

P Morgan and Peace

P Morgan - maybe 190 or so listings - tried to exclude "graded" - lots of sets mixed in

Peace - maybe 210 or so listings - ditto "graded" & sets

==

P Morgan - $130 - $150 area - down - very few true auctions

Peace - high $1xx under $200 - definitely down - lots more BINs

=-=-=-=-
    =-=-=-=-

6 coin sets

about 100 listings -> Including "Graded"

just a couple ungraded this week - $1310 - $1680 - flat

BINs selling for less than the 2 auctions - MCM sold a OGP set for $1195

The Above Are Ungraded - "Graded" Offerings are Left to the Reader to Track

• Golden1Golden1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited October 25, 2021 3:28PM

@jwitten said:
    It’s here!!!!!

(Made you look!)

Sorry, couldn’t help myself 😂

That is a beautiful coin! I'll be keeping my three! I hope the 1oz Peace Dollars look that nice.

• KISHU1KISHU1 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭

My Peace dollars shipped today
    Woopie!!
    But the P Morgan’s are still processing
    Frank D

Overall the 3 D-mintmarks I received looked nice in general with a cartwheel effect in light in spite of the burnished concept, these do not look dull at all. I think two coins are worth sending in. None of them had the rim die alignment issues, so those could be worth keeping as unusual or more scarce examples?

Here are a couple extreme magnification photos of one with a couple small hits. Still in the capsule, so not the best photos, but something does hit these along the process. Hard to even notice without the magnification and tilting into the light to catch the glint.

• Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    Has anyone received a shipping confirmation email yet for the Peace dollar?

Shipping method updated to ups ground so my notice will be happening tomorrow am.

Do not rule out strike-throughs to explain the divots

But they could be contact marks.

$100/toz silver. Please improve QC.

@MsMorrisine said:
    Do not rule out strike-throughs to explain the divots

But they could be contact marks.

$100/toz silver. Please improve QC.

Yes, thanks, the divots could be strike-through as you say, but they do catch the light so the finish has been impacted and my guess is the graders going through thousands of these will say 69 and move on to the next one..

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fastest shipping ever.

Picked it up today 21st-25th that’s quick. CC is here Dang it. It’s on the coin. Ofcourse. It’s not the worst. Coin w/ capsule was loose in the package. I haven’t checked the rest stopped there to weep 😢

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty much everything has shipped for me now! Including the peace dollars!

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm old enough to remember when you didn't sniff at a coin graded MS69........

• NorCalJackNorCalJack Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭

So I need some feedback from someone that has successfully reached the mint by phone in the last few days. Maybe I am doing something wrong. I was on hold for 3 hours on Friday and finally I had to hang up because I had a Dr. appointment. I was also on hold later on Friday for an hour when I finally just gave up. I was busy on Saturday and could not call. I called 42 times on Sunday and never could get through. I have tried a few times again today but I was at work so I was limited on how frequently I could call. I am currently on hold, but the call just dropped again.

Can someone tell me how long they have had to hold.

Thanks

• NorCalJackNorCalJack Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone said that you can leave a call back number, but I have not heard of that option when calling. How do you leave a phone number to call back.

@NorCalJack said:
    Someone said that you can leave a call back number, but I have not heard of that option when calling. How do you leave a phone number to call back.

You press 1 when prompted while on hold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file