Home U.S. Coin Forum

****2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread - Flipping Posts Welcome!*****

Comments

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

@novitjg said:
    3 each of D and S
    Should I open them? :wink:

If you intend to flip them for a profit it is probably best to keep the box sealed.

Helpful hint: Use a sharpie to write on the outside of the box what is in the box.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:

@CaptHenway said:

How can 3 @ $85 total $85?

Whenever a Mint order is in 'processing,' this is how you see your order.

Once it ships, you will see the grand total.

Thx.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • JBKJBK Posts: 15,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

Packaged picked up for me at PO. Waiting for it to arrive.

• mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Batman23 said:

@mbogoman said:

@Batman23 said:

@mbogoman said:

@Batman23 said:
    What is the secret to get ahold of customer service? I need to call and update my CC with them and all I get when I call is the busy signal. Tried last night and this morning about 50 times now. I press either 2 for existing order or press 0 for a person and it goes straight to busy signal. Is there a better number to call? Do I try to sneak in under 1-new order :o ? Or do I just have to keep trying the same thing till I get in?

I got past the busy signal after about 40 tries. I have been waiting for the callback for an hour and a half right now...

What you are saying is that I might as well plug the phone in and walk away for a while...

Yup. 2 hours now...

How long did it take for a call back? or are you still waiting?

2 hours and 10 minutes. They called shortly after I posted. Unfortunately, they could do nothing for me. I wanted to upgrade my shipping to Overnight as I am leaving on vacation in a week, but the lady said "Sorry Charlie, no changes". So I have gone to plan B and will arrange for delivery to a neighbor if the scheduled delivery is after I depart...

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NorCalJack said:
    So how do you get a call back. I called about 30 times before I got through and now on hold again. I would prefer they call me back. I'm not sure how to get a call back. Anyone know how?

Press 1 follow instructions 😉

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

edited October 22, 2021 2:43PM

After seeing the cc. What do you think of the s. I find it a little disappointing

The D doesn’t look any better. Tiny.

• fathomfathom Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2021 4:38PM

The S and D were small on the original.

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can’t wait to see a few of these turned into pocket pieces

• MrBearMrBear Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

Just to add to the weird Mint order information (I ordered two of each). Kind of regretting not getting the max. I bought two for myself and two for my friend who wasn't able to get through to order himself. Fortunately (for him) I have two credit cards, so I got him three of the D&S as well. But he's only getting one Peace dollar :)

Occasionally successful coin collector.
  • Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

-D and S shipping method changed from bestway to UPS ground.
    -First day order O shipped.

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cheezhed said:
    O and CC shipped

Same here!

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@originalsandman said:
    Sorry took in a rush in between meetings. They look awesome!

These look stunning!!!!!!!!!

• jeffas1974jeffas1974 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭

I just got an email from ups saying that my O privies would arrive tomorrow but when I went to their website the latest info said that a shipping label had been created and that's it. As much as I'd like to believe that they'll arrive tomorrow I'm doubting it lol even though I do live in Texas and folks are saying the coins are originating from Irving. Has anyone else seen something similar?

I also think it's funny that my order for the O's is further along than the one for the CC's even though I got my CC order in about 10 minutes before the O's.

• PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

@jeffas1974 said:
    I just got an email from ups saying that my O privies would arrive tomorrow but when I went to their website the latest info said that a shipping label had been created and that's it. As much as I'd like to believe that they'll arrive tomorrow I'm doubting it lol even though I do live in Texas and folks are saying the coins are originating from Irving. Has anyone else seen something similar?

I also think it's funny that my order for the O's is further along than the one for the CC's even though I got my CC order in about 10 minutes before the O's.

Yeah it happens all the time, usu6the label gets created and you wait a day or two before it gets picked up by UPS, you might get lucky, but it's rare to be created and picked up same day

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not the least bit concerned about the packaging as the best presentation will be in a PCGS first strike holder!
    Or my pocket, as the wise JWitten noted.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2021 5:07PM

@jeffas1974 said:

You have me thinking, My Informed Delivery page showed a strange package from Texas. I went back to look and sure enough,:

'United States Mint - Freeport, TX
    9200 1903 1172 2200 XXXX'

MY CC and O!

I never noticed shipments originating in Texes before, just old school Indianapolis, and new school Memphis.

Another shows: 'US Mint - Distribution center - PFSWeb
    9200 1902 5996 8877 9624 XXXX'

I wonder why different points if origin, maybe they opened another Distribution center.

I woner if different points of origin is the reason why some orders are shipping sooner than others and why some orders are seperated into multiple shipments.

(l8-)>>

edited October 22, 2021 4:47PM

My cc’s have shipped and I noticed they were coming from Texas. Irving to Dallas on onward to me Memphis on the out’s? 😉

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    My cc’s have shipped and I noticed they were coming from Texas. Irving to Dallas on onward to me Memphis on the out’s? 😉

New mint leadership, maybe New mint procedures, There seems to have been several improvements since the "change of command", the order payment information remedy is chief amongst them.

(l8-)>>

Although I think these changes were already going to happen. It’s been not very long since leadership change. I don’t think that’s it. I lean towards this being something that was prepared for a ways back 🤨

edited October 22, 2021 5:04PM

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Although I think these changes were already going to happen. It’s been not very long since leadership change. I don’t think that’s it. I lean towards this being something that was prepared for a ways back 🤨

Hmmmmm, That could be why the waited until now to distribute these (high volume shipping window).

(l8-)>>

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

Mine were shipped from Memphis via UPS. Strange.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

may be covid related

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭

I just had an unpleasant surprise. My order for 3 Philadelphia Morgan’s and 3 peace dollars which I had a confirmation email from the mint now states that the order was cancelled. Not Happy. Might have to trade a D or S Morgan for them.

The p Morgan can be had for maybe 150 on eBay and the peace 200

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

multiple distribution centers and carriers because of the same supply chain issues everyone in US is experiencing. With the volume of shipments and the desire to fulfill orders on time you have to get creative. I think the mint is doing an excellent job given the current conditions. The holiday season is going to be a real cluster. Shop early and coins make excellent gifts.

Also don't forget that box of chocolates thing.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • smuglrsmuglr Posts: 417 ✭✭✭✭

I've had good luck (15-20 min) getting someone live later in the evening (9 - 10 cst) option 0. I had 2 orders each for single CC and O, 1 order each didn't have cc number on the confirmation. When I checked last night they had everything okay. All shipped today CC, O, D, and S.

• smuglrsmuglr Posts: 417 ✭✭✭✭

I have option on 3 extra D, P, and Peace. I have never flipped, but are these worth taking delivery at 85 and holding/flipping? or better to cancel?

P D just under 150

Peace just under 200

• cruisersk1cruisersk1 Posts: 190 ✭✭✭

I, and many others here, have the same exact issue with our Order History page. I have reported it to the Mint several times and a case was supposedly opened but nothing has changed. It has this way for years.

Tim

I too had this same issue and I figured it out. I had created a account back in 2008 when I made my first purchase from the mint. Several years later I started ordering in earnest and I started a new account. I used that new account for a long time but got on a old computer and logged in and it took me to that original account. It had all of my orders listed from both accounts. I had my name on both accounts but had a user name on one and a email on the other. All of the orders in the old account had all of the info while all of the same orders on the newer account had processing on every order. If you clicked on the order on the new account it would just reload the order history. I’m guessing this is probably what happened to you too. If you call the mint they may be able to look up your name and tell you if you have two accounts in your name

• Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

O at 195.
    CC at 245.
    Some flippers are getting nervous.

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

@MrBear said:

Just to add to the weird Mint order information (I ordered two of each). Kind of regretting not getting the max. I bought two for myself and two for my friend who wasn't able to get through to order himself. Fortunately (for him) I have two credit cards, so I got him three of the D&S as well. But he's only getting one Peace dollar :)

OK, this is a strange update. I just got another alert that the Mint was shipping me...something. It's just the CC dollars from this order. In the screenshot above, you can see two separate charges for the coins. NOW, the order status is still "processing," but only for $174.95. I guess the other two will ship...eventually?

• vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2021 3:09AM

@CaptHenway said:

@Goldbully said:

@Bigbuck1975 said:
    So I see my morgan p and peace dollar combo order says processing but the total only matches if 3 coins out of the 6 are in the order. Weird.

Go back several posts for your answer.

Here's my order from an earlier post.

How can 3 @ $85 total $85?

Exactly.

Okay, my post while being edited somehow disappeared into the black hole of moderation queue.

My order for two CC and three O is currently processing but have only got charged for the two CC apparently and credit card pinged for 170$ plus the S&H.
    Guess the Mint is giving me freebies for Halloween.
    Pretty bizarre. :|

• jeffas1974jeffas1974 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭

Aarrgghh! I knew it was too good to be true. I got notices from the mint yesterday that my cc’s and o’s had been shipped then later received emails from UPS that they would be arriving today even though the status just said that the label was created. This morning I got updates from UPS that the delivery date is being revised and that they’ll let me know when they receive the packages.

It’s too bad that I just can’t make the hour drive to Freeport myself today and pick them up.🙄

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

SHIPPING!!!

It's Christmas in October!!!

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2021 8:16AM

@RichR said:
    SHIPPING!!!

It's Christmas in October!!!

My CC & O pieces show as shipped also. I just hope to receive them in October. :)

Seriously though folks both orders (ten of each) shipped UPS Ground out of Edgerton, KS with delivery set for Tuesday 10/26 by 7:00 PM!

EDIT: Check that, Shipped out of Dallas, TX and currently in Edgerton, KS.

• alangloialangloi Posts: 35 ✭✭✭

@alangloi said:
    4 PM EST waiting for a call back from 8:30 AM this morning. My CC bank set their security too tight and my two transactions were denied last night. Nuts. (Got the bank squared away, just can't talk to anyone at the mint.)

Got in the phone waiting line at 7:30 PM after 30 minutes of busy signals, held on for dear life; live person at about 8:40 PM and got my transactions back to life; yea.... :smiley: Really looking forward to receiving the Peace dollars (although I would prefer that they were a full 1 oz of silver).

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:

@originalsandman said:
    Sorry took in a rush in between meetings. They look awesome!

These look stunning!!!!!!!!!

Do the holders really look like they came out of a dirty old basement left uncovered for decades ?

The Mint is splitting two coin orders to ship from different warehouses thru different carriers and routes. It is lucky for us that they have people there that can work around the supply chain debacle that currently exists. If they tried to ship all coins from one warehouse the usual way some may have been waiting until after Christmas for their coins.
    Way to go Mint !!!! Push it hard enough and they will get delivered. :)

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
    edited October 23, 2021 9:46AM

@Cranium_Basher73 said:
    O at 195.
    CC at 245.
    Some flippers are getting nervous.

Be careful of low priced coins. Many of them will be cherrypicked and you will get a 69 or lower.

Mike Mezak will be on HSN today at 2:00 PM and 8:00 PM Eastern. Should have the Morgans & Peace for sale.
    As their prices are always high it will at least give you the maximum highs for these graded coins. He is also selling off the ones below grade on his Ebay store.

@HATTRICK said:
    The Mint is splitting two coin orders to ship from different warehouses thru different carriers and routes. It is lucky for us that they have people there that can work around the supply chain debacle that currently exists. If they tried to ship all coins from one warehouse the usual way some may have been waiting until after Christmas for their coins.
    Way to go Mint !!!! Push it hard enough and they will get delivered. :)

Ah...that explains my situation outlined above, where I got a shipping notice for order XYZ for the CC's. But nothing for the O's. And there were two separate credit card charges listed on the form.

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭✭✭

:( Nadda
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

The emails “ Your U.S. Mint order has shipped!” are coming fast and furious now. Now let’s see if there are any varieties. Wouldn’t that be interesting!?

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. Starting to feel like I’m the only one whose Morgans haven’t shipped. Still “processing” with no credit card ping since ordering.

@J2035 said:
    Wow. Starting to feel like I’m the only one whose Morgans haven’t shipped. Still “processing” with no credit card ping since ordering.

So. you are either waiting on an "order shipped" email, an "order on hold" email, or a "cancelation email".... why wait? The phone call only cost you time and it will ease the anxiety.

(l8-)>>

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

D & S shipped

Many happy BST transactions
  • HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2021 12:11PM

@HATTRICK said:
    Mike Mezak will be on HSN today at 2:00 PM and 8:00 PM Eastern. Should have the Morgans & Peace for sale.
    As their prices are always high it will at least give you the maximum highs for these graded coins. He is also selling off the ones below grade on his Ebay store.

Here are some of the coins shown on HSN today:

2021 MS70 NGC 100th Anniversary Morgan and Peace Dollar 6-Coin Set - $3,600

2021 MS70 ANACS Carson City Privvy Mark FDOI LE Morgan Silver Dollar - $700

2021 MS70 ANACS New Orleans Privvy Mark FDOI LE Morgan Silver Dollar - $700

BST references available on request

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file