Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread - Flipping Posts Welcome!*****

Comments

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

six coin sets in MS70 selling for $ 2,500 to $ 3,600

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

@HATTRICK said:
    Mike Mezak will be on HSN today at 2:00 PM and 8:00 PM Eastern. Should have the Morgans & Peace for sale.
    As their prices are always high it will at least give you the maximum highs for these graded coins. He is also selling off the ones below grade on his Ebay store.

Here are some of the coins shown on HSN today:

2021 MS70 NGC 100th Anniversary Morgan and Peace Dollar 6-Coin Set - $3,600

2021 MS70 ANACS Carson City Privvy Mark FDOI LE Morgan Silver Dollar - $700

2021 MS70 ANACS New Orleans Privvy Mark FDOI LE Morgan Silver Dollar - $700

Thanks! The Peace dollar is clearly marked High Relief in the NGC slab. I assume PCGS will designate them High Relief as well?

• Options
    seduloussedulous Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    CC = Corpus Cristi Mint

Coin Crisis Mint

A Barber Quartet is made up of Nickels, Dimes, Quarters, and Halves.

• Options

@sedulous said:

@sedulous said:
    All my orders are now "Processing" !!!

Ugghhh. Still "Processing".

Is this happening to others? or am I the only one not getting "Shipping"?

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

CC. Crescent City Ca.😀 Canyon City Co.😬

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VanHalen said:

@RichR said:
    SHIPPING!!!

It's Christmas in October!!!

My CC & O pieces show as shipped also. I just hope to receive them in October. :)

Seriously though folks both orders (ten of each) shipped UPS Ground out of Edgerton, KS with delivery set for Tuesday 10/26 by 7:00 PM!

EDIT: Check that, Shipped out of Dallas, TX and currently in Edgerton, KS.

This gives me an idea for the Mint's 2022 offerings...a 2022 Peace Dollar with your choice of an even

ONE HUNDRED DIFFERENT POSTMARKS!!!

Collect them all!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

@CaptHenway said:

@VanHalen said:

@RichR said:
    SHIPPING!!!

It's Christmas in October!!!

My CC & O pieces show as shipped also. I just hope to receive them in October. :)

Seriously though folks both orders (ten of each) shipped UPS Ground out of Edgerton, KS with delivery set for Tuesday 10/26 by 7:00 PM!

EDIT: Check that, Shipped out of Dallas, TX and currently in Edgerton, KS.

This gives me an idea for the Mint's 2022 offerings...a 2022 Peace Dollar with your choice of an even

ONE HUNDRED DIFFERENT POSTMARKS!!!

Collect them all!

Shoot, they could put a batch on a ship they were planning to sink anyways and it then could be a collectible sunken treasure hoard aka Central America or Republic.

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

I wonder which first strike clocks are ticking

(l8-)>>

• Options
    Mindy9773Mindy9773 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

Cc arrived today via usps. My d and s were mailed a day before the cc via ups and still won’t be here until Tuesday!

• Options
    neildrobertsonneildrobertson Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sedulous said:

@sedulous said:

@sedulous said:
    All my orders are now "Processing" !!!

Ugghhh. Still "Processing".

Is this happening to others? or am I the only one not getting "Shipping"?

Nothing has shipped yet for me either.

IG: DeCourcyCoinsEbay: neilrobertson
    "Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

I love the rant about the CC's on the TV today - Mezak. $3600 for NGC 70's -all 6. $600 each on autoship one per month - cancel at any time. Of course, they send P, D, S, Peace, O, CC in that order. So you get sucked into the lower priced pieces first.
    Or you can buy a 1 of 399 ANACS MS70 CC for 699.95.
    And I love the comment "these are CC dollars" - never mentioned they are only PRIVY marked CC on a "Philadelphia" minted coin.
    I guess its just salesmanship. Just enough details to sound appealing. Somehow there is always an "omission" of some vital detail.

• Options

@Kliao said:
    D and S have arrived. I'd say the fulfillment center did a pretty good job with the packaging. Each one is individually wrapped then the sides of the box also have a paper cushion. The D's are less than ideal though. 2 have a spotting problem. The S are better but the reverse has a bit less of the matte finish giving way to a little luster. Overall, they look great.

Thank you for the excellent images!

Next year will we get Deep Cameo proofs of these?

Also have to wonder if any of these will get a PL or DMPL designation.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VanHalen said:

@Kliao said:
    D and S have arrived. I'd say the fulfillment center did a pretty good job with the packaging. Each one is individually wrapped then the sides of the box also have a paper cushion. The D's are less than ideal though. 2 have a spotting problem. The S are better but the reverse has a bit less of the matte finish giving way to a little luster. Overall, they look great.

Thank you for the excellent images!

Next year will we get Deep Cameo proofs of these?

Also have to wonder if any of these will get a PL or DMPL designation.

Actually surprised how well my new phone takes pictures.

There actually could be a possibility of PL coins seeing how the matte finish on the reverse of my S's are a bit light. A bit more polishing of the dies then your there.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting tail feather arrangement.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:

Be careful of low priced coins. Many of them will be cherrypicked and you will get a 69 or lower.

Mike Mezak will be on HSN today at 2:00 PM and 8:00 PM Eastern. Should have the Morgans & Peace for sale.
    As their prices are always high it will at least give you the maximum highs for these graded coins. He is also selling off the ones below grade on his Ebay store.

I get a chuckle seeing how overpriced coins are on those tv shows.
    I missed out on ordering the cc and O from the mint. Believe me, I tried and was unsuccessful like so many others.
    Went the secondary market route and did the ms70 preorder for the CC and O. Went with the first strike instead of fdoi the night before the raised their prices.

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

• Options

I love the needle-like sharpness of the hair.

• Options

$650 for the Peace dollar stand alone on tv........oof.

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

I wonder if the incredible HSN prices today might lead to a few new overpriced BIN listings on eBay in the next day or two?

The HSN commercial was quite a show - lots of pumping over and over!

BST references available on request

• Options

@Cranium_Basher73 said:
    I missed out on ordering the cc and O from the mint. Believe me, I tried and was unsuccessful like so many others.
    Went the secondary market route and did the ms70 preorder for the CC and O. Went with the first strike instead of fdoi the night before the raised their prices.

Do you mind listing what you paid?

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,434 ✭✭✭✭✭

HSN has air time to fill. The pitch is repetitive.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2021 7:52PM

@HoneyMarket said:
    >

Do you mind listing what you paid?

>
    345 each.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,434 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2021 7:57PM

That’s Mike Teavee!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

• Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, Peace dollars aren't shipping yet? At least that's what I conclude after reading the last 3 pages of this thread.

Anyway, my order USM10561*** for 2 Peace dollars still shows "backorder".

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options
    PedzolaPedzola Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭✭

@COCollector said:
    So, Peace dollars aren't shipping yet? At least that's what I conclude after reading the last 3 pages of this thread.

Anyway, my order USM10561*** for 2 Peace dollars still shows "backorder".

My Peace order 10306*** still backorder. My P morgans still processing.

• Options
    CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2021 4:46AM

Forgo the "brown box" and SAVE $1200 per 6 coin set on CSN ($2400) v. HSN ($3600) ANACs MS70. Thanks Mike. :D

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Peace Processing

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2021 6:23AM

@VanHalen said:
    Thanks! The Peace dollar is clearly marked High Relief in the NGC slab. I assume PCGS will designate them High Relief as well?

I also noticed the "high relief" designation.

Interesting. I guess it depends upon the definition of "high relief".

"However, the 2021 Peace Dollar isn’t struck in high relief like the original coin. The 1921 high relief design rose higher than the border, which makes the design elements susceptible to damage. The relief of the 2021 Peace and Morgan Dollars matches modern commemorative coin specifications."
    Source

Edited to add:
    Based on the PCGS coin numbers that I can find, these coins will be designated "100th Anniversary".
    Reference

Note - at the time of this post, there were a total of ten different 'varieties/coin numbers'. To review them all, left click "show related coins and varieties".

• Options
    vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting to note that the mint has shipped my D and S mint Morgans yesterday by UPS ground instead of the usual USPS.
    The other four are still under processing.

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2021 8:35AM

Their shipping invoice printers are usually busy on Sundays.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    MrBlusterMrBluster Posts: 323 ✭✭✭

@edgar said:
    Their shipping invoice printers are usually very busy on Sundays.

You right my CC’s shipped today. I wasn’t expecting that.

• Options

@vulcanize said:
    Interesting to note that the mint has shipped my D and S mint Morgans yesterday by UPS ground instead of the usual USPS.

I too have received UPS ship notifications…

I just hope that this will not be like USPS ship notifications, where it actually takes a week (or more) before the post office actually picks up the package & has the product in hand…

Seeing a notification on UPS’s website that states: “Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.”

…is not too reassuring that using UPS as the shipper, means somehow that our packages will depart a Mint warehouse any faster than recent memory of our packages being stuck in a warehouse for a week after a USPS label has been generated.

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

@vulcanize said:

I too have received UPS ship notifications…

I just hope that this will not be like USPS ship notifications, where it actually takes a week (or more) before the post office actually picks up the package & has the product in hand…

Seeing a notification on UPS’s website that states: “Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.”

…is not too reassuring that using UPS as the shipper, means somehow that our packages will depart a Mint warehouse any faster than recent memory of our packages being stuck in a warehouse for a week after a USPS label has been generated.

I received my shipping notice email Friday morning for my CCs. The UPS tracking still shows “Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.”

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2021 10:42AM

Could have been picked up Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Could be scanned into tracking system Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday or even later. It's live when it's live. It' not delivered until the doorbell rings.

P.S.
    Storms moving across the country will cause further delays in shipping.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    DrDarrylDrDarryl Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭✭

The US Mint provides a tracking number when shipped.

If being shipped by UPS, track it at https://ups.com/track?loc=en_US&requester=ST/

If being shipped by USPS, track it at https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action

The ETA is somewhat accurate.

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

I just received a shipment notification on a Morgan (D)! The mint is working on a Sunday?! That’s a first for me.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2021 3:59PM

@CoinMeister said:
    I just received a shipment notification on a Morgan (D)! The mint is working on a Sunday?! That’s a first for me.

I rcvd a similar notification as well (via text message).

What was weird about it; is that I already saw yesterday that my D&S's were listed as Shipped on my Mint Order History page and that a UPS tracking number had been generated.

The text message I just got though, had the same UPS tracking number BUT the link was to the USPS website!

I think this is going to be one of those shipments where UPS does the cross-country shipment and the USPS does the final mile portion of the shipment.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinMeister said:

@CoinMeister said:

Sunday morning is famous for updating information. 7:30 am ofcourse 😉

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

3 Peace dollars processing. 😊Had a bad CC now I guess play phone tag tomorrow with the mint .

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

My shipping changed to USPS for my Morgan Philadelphia....that means just my Peace Dollar is left in Processing stage😉

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    My shipping changed to USPS for my Morgan Philadelphia....that means just my Peace Dollar is left in Processing stage😉

Does your Shipping Tracking number begin with a 9 or a Z?

If 9 - it's a USPS tracking number
    if a Z - it's a UPS tracking number

• Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 378 ✭✭✭

Morgan P and Peace dollar are processing!

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2021 5:02PM

@CoinMeister said:

You can talk to the mint 7days a week
    1-800-USA-MINT
    7 days a week,
    8am to midnight, ET
    Look at the web site.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file