Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    SNMANSNMAN Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    Which set has the best "quality" coins or is it a crap shoot?

Positive Transactions with: justindan; Drunner; Segoja, Dragon, fivecents, Connecticoin, WTCG, gsa1fan, abitofthisabitofthat; commoncents05;Broadstruck; and ......more
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Which set has the best "quality" coins or is it a crap shoot? >>

4 outta 5 of my 1st MTB set graded MS69PL... from the "other" grading co.
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    John91CJohn91C Posts: 300 ✭✭
    I joined the bandwagon and bought from MTB!
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coulda been worse - we could have paid $1400 to APMEX!

All of these sets remain bargains at current AP pricing and who woulda thought we would have so many options?

That "one per household" fear sure evaporated into thick silver air.

As silver continues to rise, the prices of these sets slips lower into "multiples" affordability.

Or further angst, as I see from many, including me, on the difficulty in saying no. no. no. OK, one more.

This slightly reminds me of 2006 and 2008 when the options were so plentiful we were collectively groaning as new possibilties arose, over and over.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you all adding in the $5 you have to pay me for starting this thread, PER set you buy from an AP? I won't tell if you have to pay me more than $5 each, considering there is a 1 per household limit. image
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Are you all adding in the $5 you have to pay me for starting this thread, PER set you buy from an AP? I won't tell if you have to pay me more than $5 each, considering there is a 1 per household limit. image >>

What is your paypal address jessewvu?
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    So since I'm new to the Pucks...how do I order form Jack Hunt, are they on ebay or do I go to a website?
  • Options

<< <i>So since I'm new to the Pucks...how do I order form Jack Hunt, are they on ebay or do I go to a website? >>

John, to order from Jack Hunt, go to www.jackhuntatb.com.

Fill out the online form using a street address. You'll have to print off the confirmation page and send that in with a money order to them (it must arrive within 7 days of ordering). The price will differ depending on where you're located. The directions are pretty clear on their site. Good luck.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread would have been created by someone, at some point early on.
    There has been a variant of this type of thread for years, any time that there is a hot flip.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    For those just joining us, here is an update on current ATB sales.

9 APs chose to participate in the ATB program. Here is what they are up to.

Currently selling:

-MTB. Selling on ebay NOW! $1025.
    -Jack Hunt. $949-$999 depending on location.
    -Fidelitrade. Had 500 sets as of 3/11. Head on over to www.fidelitrade.com and find the form. I believe this is currently the cheapest option and they seem to have improved their packaging.
    -Coins and Things. Next sale is a 4 hr sale from 8am-noon EST on April 2nd by phone. Nobody has received CNT coins yet so there is no word on quality or packaging. Updates here: link.

SOLD OUT:

-AMARK
    -The Gold Center
    -Dillon Gage (fulfilling orders from a list, no new orders).

UNKNOWN:

-APMEX
    -Prudential
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    jackhuntatb.com
  • Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the mint will still allow the AP's who have been selling pretty consistently but still have some stock by April to sell the 2011's. I don't know what more FideliTrade can do besides incur a cost by selling on eBay or advertising in Coin World to sell theirs faster. If they are openly selling them they should get the 2011's.
  • Options

<< <i>I wonder if the mint will still allow the AP's who have been selling pretty consistently but still have some stock by April to sell the 2011's. I don't know what more FideliTrade can do besides incur a cost by selling on eBay or advertising in Coin World to sell theirs faster. If they are openly selling them they should get the 2011's. >>

They could allow orders without requiring your SSN. That would open up a lot of buyers.
  • Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I wonder if the mint will still allow the AP's who have been selling pretty consistently but still have some stock by April to sell the 2011's. I don't know what more FideliTrade can do besides incur a cost by selling on eBay or advertising in Coin World to sell theirs faster. If they are openly selling them they should get the 2011's. >>

They could allow orders without requiring your SSN. That would open up a lot of buyers. >>

I guess that is a mental block some people can't get over (sharing) but the people I asked to order had no problem giving it.
  • Options

<< <i>For those just joining us, here is an update on current ATB sales.

9 APs chose to participate in the ATB program. Here is what they are up to.

Currently selling:

-MTB. Selling on ebay NOW! $1025.
    -Jack Hunt. $949-$999 depending on location.
    -Fidelitrade. Had 500 sets as of 3/11. Head on over to www.fidelitrade.com and find the form. I believe this is currently the cheapest option and they seem to have improved their packaging.
    -Coins and Things. Next sale is a 4 hr sale from 8am-noon EST on April 2nd by phone. Nobody has received CNT coins yet so there is no word on quality or packaging. Updates here: link.

SOLD OUT:

-AMARK
    -The Gold Center
    -Dillon Gage (fulfilling orders from a list, no new orders).

UNKNOWN:

-APMEX
    -Prudential >>

Pinkfloyd do you have a link for mtb? Thanks.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really know why, but I bought one of those eBay sets for $1025. Figured the 25oz. of silver melts for about $925 today so it isn't really that much of a premium. Plus I'm getting my eBay bucks and credit card cashback so that's a little bonus. Not sure what the heck i'm going to do with these big quarters though!

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't really know why, but I bought one of those eBay sets for $1025. Figured the 25oz. of silver melts for about $925 today so it isn't really that much of a premium. Plus I'm getting my eBay bucks and credit card cashback so that's a little bonus. Not sure what the heck i'm going to do with these big quarters though! >>

Enjoy them for what they are imageMTB 3RD BUY LINK
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    I think everyone here spent all their silver money on these, no one has bought any of my 1 oz englehards yet, last time they went in 2 hoursimage-------------BigE

I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options

Yea, there is only 13 left on the 3rd batch of 100 and I understand Hunt is selling a lot of theirs also. We are nearing an end to this madness.
  • Options
    Pinkfloyd do you have a link for mtb? Thanks. >>

link
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    Round 3 sold out.

Between Jack Hunt and these, 1800 sets have sold in 24hrs.

Not bad.

• Options
    seahawkfanseahawkfan Posts: 104 ✭✭
    Will there be round 4image
  • Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845

<< <i>I don't really know why, but I bought one of those eBay sets for $1025. Figured the 25oz. of silver melts for about $925 today so it isn't really that much of a premium. Plus I'm getting my eBay bucks and credit card cashback so that's a little bonus. Not sure what the heck i'm going to do with these big quarters though! >>

I did the same thing and feel the same way- not sure if it will be possible to flip them if everybody and their brother has a set ...........
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

Round 4 is UP.

• Options
    JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    Only 16,500 and their brother can have a set, assuming unique families, but you get the idea.
  • Options
    looks like i got the last set on round 3....
    followed link from here and there was 7 left.... thought about it for a bit then remembered I had a coupon for 10% ... 925. for set sucked me in for my 3rd set.
  • Options
    nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭
    We can always rely on this ATB fiasco to bring us new drama!
    Both Jack Hunt & MTB should have done this months ago. (I guess, better late than never.)

Anyway, Anyone out there looking for Raw Sealed sets...
    please see my BST post ... Jack Hunt Raw Sealed Sets - BULK offers only!

• Options

<< <i>We can always rely on this ATB fiasco to bring us new drama!
    Both Jack Hunt & MTB should have done this months ago. (I guess, better late than never.)

please see my BST post ... Jack Hunt Raw Sealed Sets - BULK offers only! >>

Must be a nightmare plus jackup your overhead getting so many people/addresses involved, bet everyone kind of wants a piece of the actionimage----------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Must be a nightmare plus jackup your overhead getting so many people/addresses involved, bet everyone kind of wants a piece of the actionimage----------BigE >>

Yup, you know how it goes...
    We did it with the original MTB's (walkins), A-Marks, Dillon Gage and FideliTrades too (most of which we graded, and are now selling here.

But we have so much tied to our graded inventory, that we can't really afford (based on the risk of the future of ATB in general and of course silver prices) to go alone with the Jack Hunt's, so we're going to unload some of them raw.

As you can see from my BST post... Minimum of 5 raw sets - presale, with max of 50.
    Plz PM if interested.

- Aron
  • Options
    Lets all hope silver hits 40+ quickly so we can relax celebrateimage---------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭
    The thing about MTB and Dillion Gage, for me anyway, is my Parents and brother both sent emails to MTB months ago and they said they were not taking orders anymore.

For DG, I opened an account, got on the list, sent emails and never heard anything.

So what were these AP's thinking or waiting for?

Seems odd, they had them but refused to sell them.

Even Jack Hunt. 3 months later they are selling.

I'm just curious as to what business decisions these people were making.

• Options

<< <i>The thing about MTB and Dillion Gage, for me anyway, is my Parents and brother both sent emails to MTB months ago and they said they were not taking orders anymore.

For DG, I opened an account, got on the list, sent emails and never heard anything.

So what were these AP's thinking or waiting for?

Seems odd, they had them but refused to sell them.

Even Jack Hunt. 3 months later they are selling.

I'm just curious as to what business decisions these people were making. >>

Good question, I have wondered also what some of these dealers were thinking that did not sell ASAP. What was the logic in holding on to these sets for any length of time?

Remember early on the sellers from Illinois that had multiple sets for sale on EBay, when only a few APs had sold limited numbers of the sets to the public. Those Ebay sellers received top dollar at the expense of the early buyers that got gouged. The rumors were that an AP had his friends/business partners selling them on Ebay and splitting the profits obtained by ignoring the mints directives. I would hope that since the mint made such a mess of the sale of ATBs, they would at least go after any AP that violated the sale requirements that the mint established for ATBs. As there were no actual laws broken (that I know of), the only pain that could be inflicted would be to take away the AP buying rights, which will probably never happen, but it sure would be nice to someday read that it did and the reasons why.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Must be a nightmare plus jackup your overhead getting so many people/addresses involved, bet everyone kind of wants a piece of the actionimage----------BigE >>

Yup, you know how it goes...
    We did it with the original MTB's (walkins), A-Marks, Dillon Gage and FideliTrades too (most of which we graded, and are now selling here.

But we have so much tied to our graded inventory, that we can't really afford (based on the risk of the future of ATB in general and of course silver prices) to go alone with the Jack Hunt's, so we're going to unload some of them raw.

As you can see from my BST post... Minimum of 5 raw sets - presale, with max of 50.
    Plz PM if interested.

- Aron >>

This is the bubble busting right here.
    Anyone who does not see it is blind.
    All of us who now have the ATBs better be in love with them for what they are.
    They have nowhere to go but down.
    Sorry. I love mine but now realize they are mine for quite a while. Years and years or more.
    This is fun!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    I love buying silver at spot thats all I know. Will be glad when this is done and 2011's are selling through regular channels. These have been a pain in the rear. Got several sets myself. Bring on the numis......that will be the flip of all flips me thinks.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    You don't think the mint versions haven't lost their luster? I think the market is oversaturated now. I will be buying the mint versions but probably not to flip. I will be lucky to just get one set when they go on sale. I haven't flipped any or my 7 sets of these bullion versions except for one Yosemite at $950. I bought all at a little above spot, so little downside only if Silver falls to $25 an ounce. The mint versions will probably be around $279 each is my guess, still not bad.
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You don't think the mint versions haven't lost their luster? I think the market is oversaturated now. I will be buying the mint versions but probably not to flip. I will be lucky to just get one set when they go on sale. I haven't flipped any or my 7 sets of these bullion versions except for one Yosemite at $950. I bought all at a little above spot, so little downside only if Silver falls to $25 an ounce. The mint versions will probably be around $279 each is my guess, still not bad. >>

at 27,000 strikes per...not a chance.

mania re-kindled!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You don't think the mint versions haven't lost their luster? I think the market is oversaturated now. I will be buying the mint versions but probably not to flip. I will be lucky to just get one set when they go on sale. I haven't flipped any or my 7 sets of these bullion versions except for one Yosemite at $950. I bought all at a little above spot, so little downside only if Silver falls to $25 an ounce. The mint versions will probably be around $279 each is my guess, still not bad. >>

Lost their luster?? Oversaturated?

I just sold three coins from 2 sets that more than paid for the sets. I have 7 coins remaining that even selling at spot will make me some nice scratch.

I just bought another set from MTB and I'm positive I'll make some $ there as well.

You can go ahead and worry.... I'll be putting a new roof on my house this year thanks to these coins.

Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Lost their luster?? Oversaturated?

I just sold three coins from 2 sets that more than paid for the sets. I have 7 coins remaining that even selling at spot will make me some nice scratch.

I just bought another set from MTB and I'm positive I'll make some $ there as well.

You can go ahead and worry.... I'll be putting a new roof on my house this year thanks to these coins. >>

Are you getting a temporary roof or a permanent one ? image
    You know how good "metal" is , don't you ?
  • Options
    dmarksdmarks Posts: 450 ✭✭
    Can't resist these at close to spot. Just ordered from Jack Hunt. Almost 2,000 sold. In my mind these are just a more interesting form of bullion.
  • Options
    I keep hearing about this bubble thing. Only way I lose money on these is if the price of silver drops and never returns. Now I actually think that we could see a drop of silver to the $25 range. But that is just a blip in the run on up. Could I be wrong.....ya but not likely. Need more and more and more silver thats all I know. I'm hoping silver does drop hard. I will of course load up more. I really want a kilo libertad at a decent price. Drop about $10 off the price of silver and I'll find me a motivated seller running scared.
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    Buy at spot might be good, but it really depends on tomorrow's spot.
  • Options
    Never found anyone that would sell to me based on future spot. All these people want to sell to me on spot at the moment of the transaction. Crazy huh? image
  • Options

What are they thinking?
  • Options
    Only 4 left of Round 4...how many rounds will they do?
  • Options

<< <i>Only 4 left of Round 4...how many rounds will they do? >>

I will go out on a limb on this one" until they are sold out."
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This is the bubble busting right here.
    Anyone who does not see it is blind.
    All of us who now have the ATBs better be in love with them for what they are.
    They have nowhere to go but down.
    Sorry. I love mine but now realize they are mine for quite a while. Years and years or more.
    This is fun! >>

Are you predicting a fall in the price of silver? That's the only way the bubble can burst. Buying silver at dimes above spot is about the best you can do.
  • Options
    MTB round 4 over.
    Waiting on round 5 ??
    Successful BST transactions with : Moderncoinmart,ebaytrader,ModCrewman,CharlieC,Lightcycler
  • Options
    2008-W Buffalos no one wanted them until after you could buy them (at issue price). 2009 $20 UHR no one wanted them until after you could buy them (dealer bid now $2600 same time they are melting 85K coins). Now that you can get the ATB's they have nowhere to go but down. They will stagnate for awhile but wait until you can't get them (at issue price) anymore.
  • Options
    sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    I have just one set from FT - they look like nice coins - I have not yet pulled them from their bubble bags. But the real value in these IMHO is long term, and perhaps a component of the value will be bullion.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file