Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    Does anyone thing that sending three orders to Jack Hunt in the same overnight envelope would be a problem? Each order is in a seprerate smaller envelope and each has its own household name ,address and money order.
  • Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    I would just send them first class in separate envelopes, they should get there in no more than 3 days from anywhere in the country.
  • Options

<< <i>Does anyone thing that sending three orders to Jack Hunt in the same overnight envelope would be a problem? Each order is in a seprerate smaller envelope and each has its own household name ,address and money order. >>

Technically it sounds okay, however do you want to take the chance? The AP's are obviously worried about compliance with the mint in order to go forward with the 2011's. They could easily drop your orders just to ensure no issues on their part with the mint knowing that they will easily sell all sets anyway. Someone on another forum posted order number 247X so they are obviously moving quick. Is it worth the risk to you and your friends to save the extra $9(for priority ?) for two more envelopes? I personally would ship all three seperately to have peace of mind. Just MHO.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I agree, why take a chance.
  • Options

It seems like the big dump is still going strong. There is still a scramble for the sealed sets at AP pricing. But, it looks like those dealers that took on a larger amount of sets to grade and flip are tripping over themselves to get out. The graded coin prices are still dropping from what I have seen.

I made one MS69PL set and had to buy one coin in order to make another MS69PL set. That was out of 3 AMARK sets. I sold one set and that paid for the other. I'm probably going to hang onto the one set for myself. I have really gotten to like these big coins.

• Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    MCM offering a grab bag of sorts:

Description:

This deal is almost too good to be true! You will get:

1) All five coins, one of each Grand Canyon, Hot Springs, Mt Hood, Yellowstone, and Yosemite.
    2) Each coin will be certified by either NGC or PCGS, our choice according to availability. Your set will most likely contain both NGC and PCGS coins.
    3) The lowest grade of any coin will be “Gem BU”.
    4) Each set of 5 coins WILL contain a coin graded MS69 AND either a PL or DMPL graded coin!

If you’ve been waiting to get in on these low mintage first year of issue coins at the right price, grab one or more of these now as we are CERTAIN they will not last long! You simply cannot buy the coins from a distributor, pay shipping, send the coins in for grading, pay for grading, pay shipping again, and end up at a price lower than our special price while they last.

Sorry, at this price there will be no refunds, exchanges, or credits.

Price: $1249

• Options
    JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    jackhuntatb.com website says they have "SOLD OUT"
  • Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>MCM offering a grab bag of sorts:

Description:

This deal is almost too good to be true! You will get:

1) All five coins, one of each Grand Canyon, Hot Springs, Mt Hood, Yellowstone, and Yosemite.
    2) Each coin will be certified by either NGC or PCGS, our choice according to availability. Your set will most likely contain both NGC and PCGS coins.
    3) The lowest grade of any coin will be “Gem BU”.
    4) Each set of 5 coins WILL contain a coin graded MS69 AND either a PL or DMPL graded coin!

If you’ve been waiting to get in on these low mintage first year of issue coins at the right price, grab one or more of these now as we are CERTAIN they will not last long! You simply cannot buy the coins from a distributor, pay shipping, send the coins in for grading, pay for grading, pay shipping again, and end up at a price lower than our special price while they last.

Sorry, at this price there will be no refunds, exchanges, or credits.

Price: $1249 >>

link

probably get 3 Gem BU, a 69 and a 65/66DMPL
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If John can put together a grab bag for me that includes 5 DMPL 69s, he's got himself a deal...

Hell, I'll even throw in an additional $50 bucks for good measure!

• Options

Sounds like a clearance sale of all their lower grades or coins that they feel will not grade very well. Should be a good business decision for

them and a good opportunity for someone who does not have any to pick some up as it is getting close to a sellout everywhere.
  • Options

<< <i>Sounds like a clearance sale of all their lower grades or coins that they feel will not grade very well. Should be a good business decision for

them and a good opportunity for someone who does not have any to pick some up as it is getting close to a sellout everywhere. >>

Jack hunt sold out now and MBT has not put any more up for sale. Looks like we are just about done folks.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Sure hope those Jack Hunt coins are all DMPLs. Too bad they are just in bubble wrap flips.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Still in the game are : Fidelitrade, CNT and what ever happened with the Apmex stock?
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Jack Hunt will certainly be offering a few more. Some folks ordered and then decided not to send in an MO. AMark did a large initial sale and then metered them out slowly for a month before an official sellout. MTB could very likely be finished. We then have the CNT sale on 4/2, and who knows about the others.....
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options

My son ordered a set from Jack Hunt but did not print out the info he needed to sent in with the check so I guess he lost out. I don't know of any way he can retrieve the info , I tried.
  • Options

<< <i>My son ordered a set from Jack Hunt but did not print out the info he needed to sent in with the check so I guess he lost out. I don't know of any way he can retrieve the info , I tried. >>

He should have received an e-mail with the info needed.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    i got an email with all the my order info from Jack Hunt.
  • Options
    EDIT: Yes, he should have gotten an email. If he didn't, he might have missed a step and he could try ordering again when they offer a few more for sale.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<My son ordered a set from Jack Hunt but did not print out the info he needed to sent in with the check so I guess he lost out. I don't know of any way he can retrieve the info , I tried. >>

Try calling them...they might be able to retrieve the data on their end...

Maybe you'll get a forgining soul on the other end of the line.

You say your son is homebound with a broken leg/arm...or was it chicken pox/measels/flu and was REALLY looking forward to this set...etc...etc...

It can't hurt!
  • Options
    Jack Hunt packaging per email just recd :
    Coins will arrive individual padded mailers in side a larger box...

Thanks,

JHCB

Successful BST transactions with : Moderncoinmart,ebaytrader,ModCrewman,CharlieC,Lightcycler
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Sounds like a clearance sale of all their lower grades or coins that they feel will not grade very well. Should be a good business decision for

them and a good opportunity for someone who does not have any to pick some up as it is getting close to a sellout everywhere. >>

Jack hunt sold out now and MBT has not put any more up for sale. Looks like we are just about done folks. >>

Jack Hunt is still selling pucks.....
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Jack hunt sold out now and MBT has not put any more up for sale. Looks like we are just about done folks. >>

Jack Hunt is still selling pucks..... >>

Yup....still available
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭
    Here's the direct link to the ordering page:

Jack Hunt

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>Jack Hunt packaging per email just recd :
    Coins will arrive individual padded mailers in side a larger box...

Thanks,

JHCB >>

Sounds like the coins won't be in any airtites like Fidelitrade or MTB coins were.
  • Options
    Jack Hunt says sold out again.
  • Options
    Fidelitrade might still have coins available i bought a set last week. Better hurry I think they all are about gone hopefully.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Fidelitrade might still have coins available i bought a set last week. Better hurry I think they all are about gone hopefully. >>

Have you gotten the email of Order Acceptance Yet? 2 emails from them last one is order acceptance there about a week apart and still waiting on the shipping email as they only ship out on tuesdays. image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Fidelitrade might still have coins available i bought a set last week. Better hurry I think they all are about gone hopefully. >>

Have you gotten the email of Order Acceptance Yet? 2 emails from them last one is order acceptance there about a week apart and still waiting on the shipping email as they only ship out on tuesdays. image >>

I never got a shipping email....they just arrived
  • Options

<< <i>

Have you gotten the email of Order Acceptance Yet? 2 emails from them last one is order acceptance there about a week apart and still waiting on the shipping email as they only ship out on tuesdays. image >>

My daughter order these she needed a set haven`t heard if she's been notified yet.
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭
    My Jack Hunt envelop sent Friday, regular priority mail was delivered this morning. No need for Express.

Used their flat rate envelop with delivery confirmation.

• Options

my 1st class mail envelope with PO money order and application, mailed Friday, was delivered this morning also.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My Jack Hunt envelop sent Friday, regular priority mail was delivered this morning. No need for Express.

Used their flat rate envelop with delivery confirmation. >>

Same for me, absolutely no need for Express. Glad to save the $10!!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>My son ordered a set from Jack Hunt but did not print out the info he needed to sent in with the check so I guess he lost out. I don't know of any way he can retrieve the info , I tried. >>

As long as he put his order # on the check he should be fine. Even if not, JH has the order. I think that there is just no chance that they'll turn down his money order. I think he's fine.
  • Options

A great idea and a great sale all the way around.
  • Options
    A while back someone thought they had some ATB error coins. So did I, I had 2 coins in the same group that had what looked like dust or grease on planchet 1/8 to 1/4 inch in size. Have not gotten back but have seen the grades,Mt hood with spot I graded 68 DM w/o the spot, it graded 67PL. THe Yosemite w/ spot I graded at 68DM w/o spot, it graded 68DMPL. I also had 6 to 10 with George Washington lip dings all in the same place but differing sizes, Have not seen any of those lately?
  • Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    My Yosemite with lip ding (at least what I think is the lip ding) graded NGC 69. I think I was the person talking about the error; my other Yosemite has a jelly bean shaped pencil lead sized indentation on the obverse, but the rest of the coin is PL and otherwise flawless, I like it better than the NGC 69 which is die polished bad.
  • Options

<< <i>My Yosemite with lip ding (at least what I think is the lip ding) graded NGC 69. I think I was the person talking about the error; my other Yosemite has a jelly bean shaped pencil lead sized indentation on the obverse, but the rest of the coin is PL and otherwise flawless, I like it better than the NGC 69 which is die polished bad. >>

I don't remember any lip dings affecting grades go figure.
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭
    Several weeks ago I mentioned that some of my FideliTrades had a half inch ring mark in the center of the
    obverse. Someone else had them too, and thought they looked like suction cup rings. Well, I soaked the coins
    in acetone for 5-10 mins & that removed the rings. Shiny. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

A great idea and a great sale all the way around. >>

I wonder if this is an indication of a market bottom.... we put up 24 mixed grade sets at $1249 yesterday and sold out in 2 hours. We also sold 6 MS69 DMPL sets in the past week, the most recent for $7300 on the website. We have just one set in stock at this point. Yes, there are a lot more sets coming on the market but I think most of those will not be flipped in the near future.

John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    That's good to hear John...thanks for sharing it
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My Yosemite with lip ding (at least what I think is the lip ding) graded NGC 69. I think I was the person talking about the error; my other Yosemite has a jelly bean shaped pencil lead sized indentation on the obverse, but the rest of the coin is PL and otherwise flawless, I like it better than the NGC 69 which is die polished bad. >>

Dollar, one of my Amarks also had the pencil lead thing. I actually thought it was a spec that got trapped in the slab while at PCGS.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

Sounds like availability of these pucks is starting to tighten up a little as the AP's are running out of stock to sell. If you can afford it, jump on

those CnT sets this weekend as it looks like the end is at hand.
  • Options
    Has anyone checked with CNT as to when they are shipping the orders they took March 8 ?
    Successful BST transactions with : Moderncoinmart,ebaytrader,ModCrewman,CharlieC,Lightcycler
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>For those just joining us, here is an update on current ATB sales.

9 APs chose to participate in the ATB program. Here is what they are up to.

Currently selling:

-MTB. Selling on ebay NOW! $1025.
    -Jack Hunt. $949-$999 depending on location.
    -Fidelitrade. Had 500 sets as of 3/11. Head on over to www.fidelitrade.com and find the form. I believe this is currently the cheapest option and they seem to have improved their packaging.
    -Coins and Things. Next sale is a 4 hr sale from 8am-noon EST on April 2nd by phone. Nobody has received CNT coins yet so there is no word on quality or packaging. Updates here: link.

SOLD OUT:

-AMARK
    -The Gold Center
    -Dillon Gage (fulfilling orders from a list, no new orders).

UNKNOWN:

-APMEX
    -Prudential >>

An update to Pinks list:

Currently selling:

-Fidelitrade. Had 500 sets as of 3/11. Head on over to www.fidelitrade.com and find the form. I believe this is currently the cheapest option and they seem to have improved their packaging.
    -Coins and Things. Next sale is a 4 hr sale from 8am-noon EST on April 2nd by phone. Nobody has received CNT coins yet so there is no word on quality or packaging. Updates here: link.

SOLD OUT:

-AMARK
    -The Gold Center
    -Dillon Gage (fulfilling orders from a list, no new orders).
    -MTB.
    -Jack Hunt. Sold out, but will probably have some laying around after people don't send in money and stuff.

UNKNOWN:

-APMEX
    -Prudential

I'd say if we don't hear anything from the unknowns, with in a couple weeks, then they must have sold out somehow . I sure there is no way Apmex is going to miss out on the 2011's.

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Has anyone checked with CNT as to when they are shipping the orders they took March 8 ? >>

I received this from them March 18 in reply to an inquiry.

You should expect receipt of the coin within three to four weeks.  We will not be emailing tracking #’s due to the high volume of coins to be shipped.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    JHunt set in HAND...they did a really nice job of wrapping the pucks up....sort of like AMark....outer box....packing material....taped sealed inner box with the 5 pucks ....each in a sealed bubble wrap marked envelope....sorry no pics...but you get the point

they also included a note that read as follows....

....it should be noted that the USM ships these 5oz coins in tubes of ten resulting in occasional imperfections completely out of our control. Please remember these coins are sold as bullion, not as numismatic pieces.....

only one of the APs who did this....and i bought from them all!!!!

oh....before i get 10 replies how did you get them...i went to their location yesterday afternoon and asked if i could buy one....they were very friendly and helpful and no they did not knock off the shipping fee...it is what they are making on the deal....no prob with that....they have to live to right???

they have 3 huge stacks of boxes ready to ship...so it appears they are ready to ship as soon as they get paid and process...

as far as quality....they were nice some looked PL some not....look its a gamble...again...i bought from them all MTB AMARK APMEX FIDEL DG....NO ONE AP was better than the OTHER....some good some bad....
    jmho

gyros >>

image This was a report on packaging from jack Hunt..............

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>JHunt set in HAND...they did a really nice job of wrapping the pucks up....sort of like AMark....outer box....packing material....taped sealed inner box with the 5 pucks ....each in a sealed bubble wrap marked envelope....sorry no pics...but you get the point

they also included a note that read as follows....

....it should be noted that the USM ships these 5oz coins in tubes of ten resulting in occasional imperfections completely out of our control. Please remember these coins are sold as bullion, not as numismatic pieces.....

only one of the APs who did this....and i bought from them all!!!!

oh....before i get 10 replies how did you get them...i went to their location yesterday afternoon and asked if i could buy one....they were very friendly and helpful and no they did not knock off the shipping fee...it is what they are making on the deal....no prob with that....they have to live to right???

they have 3 huge stacks of boxes ready to ship...so it appears they are ready to ship as soon as they get paid and process...

as far as quality....they were nice some looked PL some not....look its a gamble...again...i bought from them all MTB AMARK APMEX FIDEL DG....NO ONE AP was better than the OTHER....some good some bad....
    jmho

gyros >>

image This was a report on packaging from jack Hunt.............. >>

Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    Some interesting updates this morning. I wouldn't have expected MCM to sellout of the mixed sets in two hrs. The JHs are selling very briskly too. I think you are right, John, this does kind of feel like a bottom. At least the public feels this way and are loading up before the coins go to sellout across the board. The news that the APs are selling these at near spot is probably spreading too.

Tommy, thanks for the update on the JH packaging.

Paladin, some of my coins have had that ring too.
  • Options

<< <i>Some interesting updates this morning. I wouldn't have expected MCM to sellout of the mixed sets in two hrs. The JHs are selling very briskly too. I think you are right, John, this does kind of feel like a bottom. At least the public feels this way and are loading up before the coins go to sellout across the board. The news that the APs are selling these at near spot is probably spreading too.

Tommy, thanks for the update on the JH packaging.

Paladin, some of my coins have had that ring too. >>

Gyros was the one about 10 pages ago that reported the packaging on the Jack Hunt. Would love to see ampex sell the remaining of theres this week. My set from prudential I thought was exceptional and still wonder if they too have sets left. Should be interesting after there all sold out.image

Link to My Registry Set.

• Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

or is doing 100's lame now..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file