Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    I just removed all 5 from the capsules and not a mark on them.

One spot on the Yosemite like a water spot very small

I will be sending in all 5.

joe
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Are you going to dip them before sending them in? I have dipped all of mine as I don't want them spotting in a couple of years.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Are you going to dip them before sending them in? I have dipped all of mine as I don't want them spotting in a couple of years. >>

I have never dipped any coins before submitting them.

I have experimented with acetone but do not comfortable doing it.

Joe

• Options
    Puck im starting to hear busy signals too.
  • Options
    in the first round of sales from C n T i could not get through on the phone and got no response to an email but i did manage to get a set from them. there IS a way. imageimage
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options

<< <i>in the first round of sales from C n T i could not get through on the phone and got no response to an email but i did manage to get a set from them. there IS a way. imageimage >>

I hate riddles
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>in the first round of sales from C n T i could not get through on the phone and got no response to an email but i did manage to get a set from them. there IS a way. imageimage >>

I hate riddles >>

Riddles hell he`s a puc teaser
  • Options
    Oh yea I got my first ATB ( mount Hood ) in change today, you would think they would notice the size difference.
  • Options
    the day of the 1st round of sales all necessary info was posted in this thread and i express mailed them a check. it worked for me. i don`t know if it would work again.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options

Sometimes you can baffle them with BS. You did! So did I.
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Just thinking, anyone remember what the price of silver was when the first sets were sold by APMEX?-------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>the day of the 1st round of sales all necessary info was posted in this thread and i express mailed them a check. it worked for me. i don`t know if it would work again. >>

Good thinking!

Silver was a little over $29/oz. when the APMEX coins hit.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    Yep PF, I think you are right, the sets have gone up 250.00 in bullion value, interesting based on what they are charging right now for the sets, technically the AP's that sold first made more money than the AP's that held them into a higher market, seems weird, unless my reasoning is flawed tonight, which it could be-----BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    They didn't really make more money by selling first...... Although by selling early, that means they could spend money on something else and at lower prices than today.
  • Options

<< <i>They didn't really make more money by selling first...... Although by selling early, that means they could spend money on something else and at lower prices than today. >>

Its confusing, technically, they should have made more by selling later, but not so, I guessimage----------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    bumanchubumanchu Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭

Just got my Fidelitrade set in...... Two were amazing coins, perfect mirrors at full arms length, one other almost and the other two probably at least prooflike. Not a dog in the lot.

And I ain't lying this time.
  • Options
    bumanchubumanchu Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>unless my reasoning is flawed tonight, which it could be-----BigE >>

Classic honesty, with a little humor on the side! image
    And I ain't lying this time.
  • Options

<< <i>Just got my Fidelitrade set in...... Two were amazing coins, perfect mirrors at full arms length, one other almost and the other two probably at least prooflike. Not a dog in the lot. >>

My fidelatrades were the most DM and PL coins I got but had more 68`s than 69`s, and A-mark had the most 69`s but more PL`s than DM`s. But both AP`s were the best of the AP`s I received.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Thanks.....I can hear busy signals already image >>

11500 Can't wait to see what happens imageimage This should be a fun morning.............. >>

I was thinking about calling while driving up to the Balto. show. I'm FINALLY going to pass. I HATE the phone B.S., the buys signals, etc. For those of you who are calling good luck.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck getting a set on Sat. am! Those guys answering the phones should be an extra special mood answering the phones on their regular day offimage
  • Options

<< <i>Good luck getting a set on Sat. am! Those guys answering the phones should be an extra special mood answering the phones on their regular day offimage >>

They actually ANSWER the phones???? image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Good luck getting a set on Sat. am! Those guys answering the phones should be an extra special mood answering the phones on their regular day offimage >>

They actually ANSWER the phones???? image >>

I got through last time and have a set coming, so yes they do answer the phones sometimesimage
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

They actually ANSWER the phones???? image >>

I got through last time and have a set coming, so yes they do answer the phones sometimesimage >>

image I can't wait. Maybe my fidelitrade set will show up here today thks for the report...image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the 2011 sets ready for ordering and shipping?
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Are the 2011 sets ready for ordering and shipping? >>

not yet.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>Are the 2011 sets ready for ordering and shipping? >>

As far as "sets" go I think it was announced that all 5 would be not available at the same time. I know only one issue (Gettysburg) has been announced as being available "the end of April"
  • Options
    Does anyone know who sells monster flips for the pucks? Couldn't find any on eBay???? I don't need airtites, just flips......thanks
  • Options
    Dillon Gage just called was on list for a set and they are still available so I picked up one at $937.
    Just yesterday my MTB set I got off ebay that they were selling came in too.
    I am done now.
    Coins n things I will have to pass on, good luck to anyone who can get in tomorrow.

• Options

<< <i>Does anyone know who sells monster flips for the pucks? Couldn't find any on eBay???? I don't need airtites, just flips......thanks >>

I got some from Wizard Coin Supply.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<Dillon Gage just called was on list for a set and they are still available so I picked up one at $937. >>

I also just received a call from DG...which I have not yet returned.

I wonder if these are just sloppy seconds?!?
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    DG must be going in alpha order, 2 calls today within the last 2 hours, my other buddy first (N), and then myself (s) a few minutes ago...
  • Options
    I called them yesterday and they said they were working their way through the list and that if any were available when they were done they would start a new list at that time. They would not put my name on a new list right now.
  • Options

<< <i><<Dillon Gage just called was on list for a set and they are still available so I picked up one at $937. >>

I wonder if these are just sloppy seconds?!? >>

Silver bullion price alone its a good price I think
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i><<Dillon Gage just called was on list for a set and they are still available so I picked up one at $937. >>

I wonder if these are just sloppy seconds?!? >>

Silver bullion price alone its a good price I think >>

That $937 includes shipping.......

Spot price alone as of 144pm est is $943.25.....no premium over spot or shipping included in that price
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    2010 AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL 5 oz PCGS MS68DMPL Yellowstone

$562.77

Ebay
  • Options
    Yeh I havn't been tracking ebay sales lately... anyone know what the going rates are these days?

Raw Set Opened?
    Raw Set Sealed?

DMPL Set 68? 69?
    PL Set 68? 69?
    MS Set 68? 69?

Yosemite DMPL 68? 69?
    Yosemite PL 68? 69?
    Yosemite 68? 69?

Grand Canyon DMPL 68? 69?
    Grand Canyon PL 68? 69?
    Grand Canyon 68? 69?

Mt Hood DMPL 68? 69?
    Mt Hood PL 68? 69?
    Mt Hood 68? 69?

Yellowstone DMPL 68/~$560 69?
    Yellowstone PL 68? 69?
    Yellowstone 68? 69?

Hot Springs DMPL 68? 69?
    Hot Springs PL 68? 69?
    Hot Springs 68? 69?
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn...now I'm torn...I have a DG set just waiting for me to grab it...but I already have four solid raw sets. And I want to buy 2 of the special Mint edition sets, which I'm sure will be pricey.

I'm I being stupid/crazy letting the DG set go by at essentially spot? Now it seems almost too easy to buy these sets cheap...like they're falling out of trees. It was almost better when we had to wait on line for 10 hours and have dogs and fire hoses aimed at us!

So confused...willpower failing!

Advice/thoughts?
  • Options

<< <i>Damn...now I'm torn...I have a DG set just waiting for me to grab it...but I already have four solid raw sets. And I want to buy 2 of the special Mint edition sets, which I'm sure will be pricey.

I'm I being stupid/crazy letting the DG set go by at essentially spot? Now it seems almost too easy to buy these sets cheap...like they're falling out of trees. It was almost better when we had to wait on line for 10 hours and have dogs and fire hoses aimed at us!

Advice/thoughts? >>

Well honsetly I don't think it will be THAT hard to buy the Numismatic version from the mint. As long as they have it set to 1 Set per house hold it should be available on their main website for a few days before it sells out. I'm taking into account that it took 2? days for Jack Hunt to sell out of their allotment of coins and they only had 3800 AND this was over a weekend. It also took MTB about 2 days to sell 400 sets via Ebay allowing Credit Cards.
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Dillon Gage just called was on list for a set and they are still available so I picked up one at $937.
    I am done now.
    Coins n things I will have to pass on, good luck to anyone who can get in tomorrow. >>

How are the MTB sets looking ?

• Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

In for a penny, in for a pound. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>Damn...now I'm torn...I have a DG set just waiting for me to grab it...but I already have four solid raw sets. And I want to buy 2 of the special Mint edition sets, which I'm sure will be pricey.

Advice/thoughts? >>

All I can say is, every time I send a PM with a request to buy theirs to a forumite who is getting a DG call and wondering if they should buy it,

I can't help but wonder why they are torn over the idea of buying silver so cheap relative to spot.

That said, check your PMs!
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Dillon Gage just called was on list for a set and they are still available so I picked up one at $937.
    I am done now.
    Coins n things I will have to pass on, good luck to anyone who can get in tomorrow. >>

How are the MTB sets looking ? >>

My first set was MTB.

It's a mixed bag. Some say they got good from them, and I won't say mine were bad since they were bullion. But we know everyone wants a 69DMPL. My Yosemite had some spots, and a couple of others had quite obvious and noticable contact marks, and others had some finer scratches. The real disappointment from me was on the spots.

These guys are also not cherrypicking, imo either. Different people have gotten good sets from them though. I think it's a crapshoot with any AP.
  • Options
    Does it work? Has anyone sold you their set?

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>Does it work? Has anyone sold you their set? >>

Out of the great kindness of one forumite's heart, I did have someone accept. I'll let that forumite do the reveal if they so choose.

I'm still 1 set shy of my goal.

I'm still trying.

• Options
    Well, I got on their list last December but they haven't called. If they do, you can have mine. I'll let you know.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    Thanks.

I'm going to try CnT tomorrow. So, I hope I can score it through them.

I'll keep you posted.

Also, it's cheap silver. I think it's an easy buy. Maybe go for it if you get a call.
  • Options
    Believe me, if I could afford it I would. But I've got 5 sets now & that's enough.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    For those looking for Coins-n-Things website for ordering info tomorrow morning: C-N-T Website

Phone calls only!! Good luck!
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    JHCB USPS M.O. update - Not cashed yet. image

My M.O. was received by JHCB Mon. the 28th.

Was at P.O. mailing stuph and had her check, she made a phone call. I've seen it posted elsewhere in other threads on this forum that it costs $3.00 to check a M.O. status, but it was free.
  • Options

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file