Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    I have only flipped one..a very early raw APMEX set at market peak.

I have two graded sets , 2 ungraded (one of those unopened), and two on order ...so total right now is six

No present plans to sell any more
  • Options

<< <i>Actually, the members of this thread account for 99.99% (like Ivory Soap) of the existing sets...

We would have had 100% except that an old lady escaped into the sewers with one before we could run her down!

But we do have the dogs out searching the tunnels... >>

2 ungraded sets, not for sale
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>Just got an email from CnT. Your atm coins shipped on 3/30/11 via USPS registered mail. Please allow 7-10 days for delivery.

That's #4 , just waiting on my Jack Hunt set and I will be done.

5 total >>

Me too. And although I am allegedly on the DG list, I have no intention of calling them. I've overspent as it is. My pucks are all ungraded. And flipless. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    Schmitz7Schmitz7 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭
    I think these sets should do well once the 2011 coins start to be released. I see they have already made 125K of the first 2011 design. These should be winners with only 33K of each design.
  • Options
    CoinCoinsCoinCoins Posts: 698 ✭✭✭
    i hope so
  • Options

<< <i>Just got an email from CnT. Your atm coins shipped on 3/30/11 via USPS registered mail. Please allow 7-10 days for delivery.

That's #4 , just waiting on my Jack Hunt set and I will be done.

5 total >>

By implying that you are receiving atm coins...does that mean the moon money is finally going to be realized? image
  • Options

<< <i>I think these sets should do well once the 2011 coins start to be released. I see they have already made 125K of the first 2011 design. These should be winners with only 33K of each design. >>

Yeh I think the ATB coins are a fantastic investment. With a Mintage of 33k for each design. What a lot of people fail to mention also is that since these ARE bullion coins, there are even signficantly less coins that are nice to have. I would just guess at maybe 3k - 5k coins of each design that are possibly MS 69 quality? *shrugs* And even LESS that MS 69 with a PL or DM quality.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friday December 3rd is when this thread was started by Jesswvu.

I ordered my first set from APMEX the first day of release. I was then told I would be paying less for the same set.

If you told me in December of 2010 that I would be paying near and below melt for these ATB Sets, now, I would have doubted your oar count.

Here I am in wonderment and folly, acknowledging my good fortune and the good fortune of you that made the plunge into the deep and shallow end.

Over and over and over and............

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    I am holding a few sets, but mainly for the bullion content with a free numismatic cushion in case of silver price falls.

Of course, I hope it will appreciate in value because of the 2010 issue is "rare", but I think the first spouse's 20k mintage is also considered very "rare" back in 2007.

I start to find more and more similarities between ATB and First Spouse. I hope it will not end up like the first spouse series.
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
  • Options
    Unopened A-mark set sold for 1499 today on the bay. These should be bringing better money the recent AP sales are still keeping prices down but I feel that is just about over.Wish I could get my last 2 sets graded before they go up to far in case I still need more to make sets . Damn you pucs
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Damn you pucs >>

Don't curse the fickle mistress called "the Pucks" abadasp.imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>I am holding a few sets, but mainly for the bullion content with a free numismatic cushion in case of silver price falls.

Of course, I hope it will appreciate in value because of the 2010 issue is "rare", but I think the first spouse's 20k mintage is also considered very "rare" back in 2007.

I start to find more and more similarities between ATB and First Spouse. I hope it will not end up like the first spouse series. >>

The quality of the Spouse Coins were all really high since they were numismatic coins. There are SIGNFICANTLY fewer good quality ATB coins.
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They ain't Hags either!

Rather, commemoratives of our country's treasured landscape -- truly special places. No comparison.

Picked up a Dillon Gage set today. I guess that registration paid off way back months ago.

Oh where are the Numismatic Versions?
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    They have a lot in common with the hags, definitely. Let's hope it doesn't get worse.
  • Options

<< <i>They have a lot in common with the hags, definitely. Let's hope it doesn't get worse. >>

One MAJOR difference is that the pucks are being sold as bullion and at near spot price.....as was said above:

<< <i> I am holding a few sets, but mainly for the bullion content with a free numismatic cushion in case of silver price falls >>

The Hags were never meant to be sold as bullion....
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    I hope it will not end up like the first spouse series. >>

What is wrong with the First Spouse series?

Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were IMO a useless and unneeded series that perpetuated the idea that the US mint is taking over for the Franklin Mint and emulating the US Post Office in spinning off literally hundreds of near meaningless commemoratives in the name of profit. Honestly, what is next? When we start seeing commemoratives of 230 year anniversaires and the like I think we are in trouble, and that and more has been perpetuated/foisted off on us poor collectors.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They were IMO a useless and unneeded series that perpetuated the idea that the US mint is taking over for the Franklin Mint and emulating the US Post Office in spinning off literally hundreds of near meaningless commemoratives in the name of profit. Honestly, what is next? When we start seeing commemoratives of 230 year anniversaires and the like I think we are in trouble, and that and more has been perpetuated/foisted off on us poor collectors. >>

I couldn't agree more. The mint is starting to get out of hand.

Regarding the pucks only time will tell. I am praying the series takes off and does well longterm.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Round 2 CNT Saturdays Sale woohooo .......Coming Soon - Due to overwhelming demand order requests will taken by PHONE ONLY.

Please Call 1-800-258-7322 on Saturday April 2nd, 2011

8am - 12pm EST
    image Hope we get a packaging report before saturday....
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

They were shipped on the 30th by registered mail so I don't think anybody will see them by Saturday but I doubt if that will stop anyone from

trying to order them Tom. I predict your demon dialers will be working overtime on this one.
  • Options
    ATBs versus the Golden Ladies. Yes there is a slight similarity, they will both be winners. In the 4 years of the spouse program, between rising gold prices and high graded coins it is safe to say I've nearly doubled my cost with their present values. Continued low mintages is great for me, because when the more recent Ladies show up and interest goes up the value will continue to go up. This first year of ATBs is a big and very unexpected winner for those of us that have bought and are holding on. The Parks mean a lot to many people and interest can only go up. Yellowstone, Yosemite, and the Grand Canyon are true jewels of the park system that many more will want as they become aware of the coins. I see little in comparison except for the fact the mints' introduction of both series was a disaster, and most people still don't know about them.

My biggest similarity is simply I wish I had the money to buy more of each since they can't lose in the long run...... unless metal prices crash.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<My biggest similarity is simply I wish I had the money to buy more of each since they can't lose in the long run...... unless metal prices crash. >>

As someone who remember the early 1980s, let me just say that's a pretty big "but" there...!
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick PCGS question. On a standard order about how long does it take after they receive them to when you can see your grades?
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

It's been about 16 days for me.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They were shipped on the 30th by registered mail so I don't think anybody will see them by Saturday but I doubt if that will stop anyone from

trying to order them Tom. I predict your demon dialers will be working overtime on this one. >>

According to the USPS web site and my tracking number I am supposed to receive mine Friday.
    IF I do I will report on packaging that evening.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    nycounselnycounsel Posts: 1,229 ✭✭
    They were IMO a useless and unneeded series that perpetuated the idea that the US mint is taking over for the Franklin Mint and emulating the US Post Office in spinning off literally hundreds of near meaningless commemoratives in the name of profit. Honestly, what is next? When we start seeing commemoratives of 230 year anniversaries and the like I think we are in trouble, and that and more has been perpetuated/foisted off on us poor collectors.

Well said, sir. image

Dan
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They were shipped on the 30th by registered mail so I don't think anybody will see them by Saturday but I doubt if that will stop anyone from

trying to order them Tom. I predict your demon dialers will be working overtime on this one. >>

My CNT's are at my Post Office.

Hope Postman left them there.

I will pick them up in a little while.

Joe
  • Options

<< <i>

My CNT's are at my Post Office.

Hope Postman left them there.

I will pick them up in a little while.

Joe >>

Hurry hurry.........inquiring minds want to know image
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't this the 230th Anniversary of the signing at Yorktown? I'm just sayin'.image

Wow, and it's also the 235th Anniversary of the Declaration of Independence.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

I forgot that CnT was on the east coast and you guys will get them early. Here on the west coast it will be next week before ours arrive.
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Isn't this the 230th Anniversary of the signing at Yorktown? I'm just sayin'.image

Wow, and it's also the 235th Anniversary of the Declaration of Independence.image >>

Sounds like a 10-coin commemorative set is in order, in multiple finishes!
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I forgot that CnT was on the east coast and you guys will get them early. Here on the west coast it will be next week before ours arrive. >>

I am on the west coastline and as stated, scheduled to arrive tomorrow according to USPS tracking.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>Quick PCGS question. On a standard order about how long does it take after they receive them to when you can see your grades? >>

I dont know, been checking mine everyday like an addict, 13 business days so far for me
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    I will try to order from CNT this Sat but that's 4am-8am Alaska time. I guess the West Coasters don't have it much better.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I will try to order from CNT this Sat but that's 4am-8am Alaska time. I guess the West Coasters don't have it much better. >>

it'll be 2am-6am for folks in Hawaii!!!

• Options
    I said no more 5 sets ago now I`m writing down CNt`s #. I tried last time, got nothing but busy signals. Then started thinking about them being cherry picked at this late date and there poor handling of sales. Sure wish we had some reports on these before sales start on sat. I might have to wait till round 3 or pay a premium for unopened sets on the bay. Good luck to all that order may they all be 69DMPL`s.
  • Options

Sold 4 rolls of mom and dads quarters, demon dialer is set and ready.My guess is I get thru within the first 15 minutes wooohooooooo and this all depends on any reports from the group about condition and packagingimage

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    Dillon Gage just called to tell me the ATBs are available. Should I order yet ANOTHER set???
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options

<< <i>Dillon Gage just called to tell me the ATBs are available. Should I order yet ANOTHER set??? >>

From someone who can't get past step 5 of my Puck 12 step program I still think these are no brainers....like anything in life there is some risk involved but there are millions of ASE's being sold at a MUCH higher premium than these babies.

For myself, I can't believe I am thinking of spending a Saturday AM on the phone listening to busy signals over and over and over again....

Maybe someone will report that their pucks from CNT suck and they have Ebola virus growing on them and I won't call....

Hmmmmm.....does acetone remove Ebola?????
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>

<< <i>Dillon Gage just called to tell me the ATBs are available. Should I order yet ANOTHER set??? >>

From someone who can't get past step 5 of my Puck 12 step program I still think these are no brainers....like anything in life there is some risk involved but there are millions of ASE's being sold at a MUCH higher premium than these babies.

For myself, I can't believe I am thinking of spending a Saturday AM on the phone listening to busy signals over and over and over again....
    >>

No kidding. I can't believe I'm going to wake myself up at 5 or 6am on a Saturday to listen to busy signals. I expect to be in a caffeine-induced coma before 8am.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    Just got home with the CNT set

They were well packed in a box with peanuts inside a Priority mail double video box.

Each coin is in its own capsule.

Coins look very good. capsules are marked up so a little tough to tell.
    I will open each capsule later to take a good look.
    All looked to be PL but the Grand Canyon looked the least PL of the bunch.

Sent 12 Barber halves for the $6 90% silver.

Joe

• Options
    Thanks.....I can hear busy signals already image
  • Options
    Haha. Nice. When I originally ordered during their first sale I specifically asked the lady if they'd be mailed in their own plastic containers. It appears she didn't lie to me! These should be good quality coins aside from any defects that were already there when they first got the coins.

And 12 Barbers seems pretty cool too!
  • Options
    I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Strike up the band!!!!!!!!! Searching deamon dialer as we speak!!!
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    DG called my buddy earlier today, kinda funny but I had called before he did, then tipped him off, and I haven't gotten any calls yet. I think he said 937 delivered...can't beat that with Silver at almost 38image
  • Options

<< <i>DG called my buddy earlier today, kinda funny but I had called before he did, then tipped him off, and I haven't gotten any calls yet. I think he said 937 delivered...can't beat that with Silver at almost 38image >>

I would have ordered from DG if they had put their coins in individual plastic capsules. With my limited budget, I had to go with the AP's that got them in those capsules to maximize the possibility of quality coins!
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

<< <i>DG called my buddy earlier today, kinda funny but I had called before he did, then tipped him off, and I haven't gotten any calls yet. I think he said 937 delivered...can't beat that with Silver at almost 38image >>

Yep, my parents got the call, DG are obviously stepping up the effort.

Someone said they might be going in alphabetical order, if so, they are on "P".

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I see they have already made 125K of the first 2011 design. >>

Do you have a link for this intel?
  • Options

It's on the front page of NN.
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks.....I can hear busy signals already image >>

11500 Can't wait to see what happens imageimage This should be a fun morning..............

Link to My Registry Set.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file