Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• I got a call this morning from Dillon Gage. lol. Seems like they are still trying to get rid of their coins. I'm guessing they had a hidden supply that they were intending on selling to specific people perhaps not on the list, and when they weren't able to sell them all, they're now going back to the regular list because they were "supposidly" sold out a few weeks ago. That or they had some crappy pucks left. *shrugs*
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I got a call this morning from Dillon Gage. lol. Seems like they are still trying to get rid of their coins. I'm guessing they had a hidden supply that they were intending on selling to specific people perhaps not on the list, and when they weren't able to sell them all, they're now going back to the regular list because they were "supposidly" sold out a few weeks ago. That or they had some crappy pucks left. *shrugs* >>

The crappy pucks left is what worries me when they get to the bottom of the bucket. I would love to trust these AP's, but I wonder what is going on with the remaining sets.

It would be kinda fun to hold an unopened box for like 10 years and then open on Christmas..........lol
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.

• << <i>

<< <i>I got a call this morning from Dillon Gage. lol. Seems like they are still trying to get rid of their coins. I'm guessing they had a hidden supply that they were intending on selling to specific people perhaps not on the list, and when they weren't able to sell them all, they're now going back to the regular list because they were "supposidly" sold out a few weeks ago. That or they had some crappy pucks left. *shrugs* >>

The crappy pucks left is what worries me when they get to the bottom of the bucket. I would love to trust these AP's, but I wonder what is going on with the remaining sets.

It would be kinda fun to hold an unopened box for like 10 years and then open on Christmas..........lol >>

...and find that the plastic bubble sleeves have fused to the coins... image

Merry Xmas!!!
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

It would be kinda fun to hold an unopened box for like 10 years and then open on Christmas..........lol >>

...and find that the plastic bubble sleeves have fused to the coins... image

Merry Xmas!!! >>

The latest from Fidelitrade came in flips.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, got the same Dillon Gage call from a pleasant man.

Said the price is $937 shipped to a PO Box or street address with either payment thru check or MO.

Hmmmm.........
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone get a phone # from Dillon Gage on these?
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

<< <i>Anyone get a phone # from Dillon Gage on these? >>

800-375-4653.
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Miles. I'll try again during biz hours, just get a recording - no messaging.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Sounds like a clearance sale of all their lower grades or coins that they feel will not grade very well. Should be a good business decision for

them and a good opportunity for someone who does not have any to pick some up as it is getting close to a sellout everywhere. >>

A great idea and a great sale all the way around. >>

I wonder if this is an indication of a market bottom.... we put up 24 mixed grade sets at $1249 yesterday and sold out in 2 hours. We also sold 6 MS69 DMPL sets in the past week, the most recent for $7300 on the website. We have just one set in stock at this point. Yes, there are a lot more sets coming on the market but I think most of those will not be flipped in the near future.

John >>

Thanks very much for the info John.

It's incredible how well the DPML sets are holding up. I can't believe that they still command such high prices. A hopeful sign.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, got the same Dillon Gage call from a pleasant man.

Said the price is $937 shipped to a PO Box or street address with either payment thru check or MO.

Hmmmm......... >>

Hi Miles-

I found the DG guys extremely pleasant to deal with. If only their packaging were not so horrible....

R-
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

• << <i>A while back someone thought they had some ATB error coins. So did I, I had 2 coins in the same group that had what looked like dust or grease on planchet 1/8 to 1/4 inch in size. Have not gotten back but have seen the grades,Mt hood with spot I graded 68 DM w/o the spot, it graded 67PL. THe Yosemite w/ spot I graded at 68DM w/o spot, it graded 68DMPL. I also had 6 to 10 with George Washington lip dings all in the same place but differing sizes, Have not seen any of those lately? >>

I had what appeared to be an error that I also discussed. Appeared to be an incomplete area of the planchet. The "indent" definetely looked to be there before the coin was struck, thus not a strikethrough (?). I decided it wasn't much and sold the A-Mark set complete.

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I was all done but maybe I will give Dillon Gage a call just because I can. Who knows maybe I could use one more set.
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

"In for a penny, in for a pound", eh boss? image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi

• << <i>"In for a penny, in for a pound", eh boss? image >>

I'm in too.

My apologies to JHCB, Inc., I had a low order #, so I just went down and got a US Postal Money Order and sent it off. Silver at melt in 5oz Coins from US Mint?

I'd be crazy to have passed on it. image
  • I just called Dillon Gage they said no sets for sale.
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, got the same Dillon Gage call from a pleasant man.

Hmmmm......... >>

Ok So I have to know did you buy another set Miles image Notice to ALL AP"s DO NOT CALL or send me emails or even alerts(ampex) I am done buying. Waiting on the US Mints Version thank you image Dillion Gage one pleasant man calling all 3000 plus people on a list, this might take some time imageimage Who has the number for CNT?image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
    SPOT silver, or near spot silver, is VERY difficult to pass up on gentleman!

SPOT silver plus a bit of numismatic value is nealry impossible to pass up on; albeit, even with poor packaging.

SPOT silver without the need for SS# hoops, homeland security forms and the ability to use a check, well, you know it's too easy.

Miles
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭
    Just received an email from UPS - my MTB pucks are on their way! Scheduled delivery April 6th. image

• << <i>Just received an email from UPS - my MTB pucks are on their way! Scheduled delivery April 6th. image >>

FYI, MTB won't let you instruct UPS to redirect package for pickup at UPS location - real pain to wait around all day for the UPS guy to show up for the signature. Never saw this kind of restriction from UPS senders before.

<< <i>

<< <i>Just received an email from UPS - my MTB pucks are on their way! Scheduled delivery April 6th. image >>

FYI, MTB won't let you instruct UPS to redirect package for pickup at UPS location - real pain to wait around all day for the UPS guy to show up for the signature. Never saw this kind of restriction from UPS senders before. >>

Thanks for that information as the UPS office is three miles past BFE - luckily I work from home!
  • Hey I got the email too - delivery April 1..... You think it's a prank? imageimage
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>Hey I got the email too - delivery April 1..... You think it's a prank? imageimage >>

watch out, you may be getting a cobraimage
  • I have been trying to figure out how close to reality our (this threads) predictions will be regarding rarity and demand when the market finally settles, i.e. when all the 2010 pucks are released (the bullion versions, not the "mint-modified for consistency via water vapor etc" versions).

But, it is tough to gauge the reality from here, as we are all puck addicts.

I can't imagine that we (the readers and posters of this epic thread) could account for more than 10-20% of the sets out there, but maybe we do?

So, just out of curiosity, how many sets have each of you purchased?

I bought ONE set from each of the 8 APs that made them available to the public, so I have 8 sets.

I did not have my family or friends purchase any for me, and I am planning on keeping all of my sets.

How many did all of you get?

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, the members of this thread account for 99.99% (like Ivory Soap) of the existing sets...

We would have had 100% except that an old lady escaped into the sewers with one before we could run her down!

But we do have the dogs out searching the tunnels...
  • 10 sets, probably wont sell any.
    The DG Set is now below spot cost ($37.48) and Spot is near the MTB and Jack Hunt costs.

Updated Alphabet ATB Soup:

A -Mark
    A PMEX
    C NT
    D illon Gage
    G old Center (?)
    F idelitrade
    J ack Hunt
    M TB
    P rudential

Which letter(s) did I miss of those that have shipped?

• CoinCoinsCoinCoins Posts: 698 ✭✭✭
    i got one from MTB (ebay), and 2 from jack hunt coming

gonna bury them in the backyard

• << <i>The DG Set is now below spot cost ($37.48) and Spot is near the MTB and Jack Hunt costs.

Alphabet ATB Soup:

A -Mark
    A PMEX
    C NT
    D illon Gage
    F idelitrade
    J ack Hunt
    M TB

Which letter(s) did I miss of those that have shipped? >>

P rudential
    Successful BSTs with lordmarcovan, pontiacinf, Harry779, ajia, jfoot13, coinfame, Hammered54, fivecents, Coll3ctor, al410, commoncents123.
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just received an email from UPS - my MTB pucks are on their way! Scheduled delivery April 6th. image >>

Taxmad... which round of MTB eBay sales did you buy it from?
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL

<< <i>

Taxmad... which round of MTB eBay sales did you buy it from? >>

First round

<< <i>

<< <i>The DG Set is now below spot cost ($37.48) and Spot is near the MTB and Jack Hunt costs.

Alphabet ATB Soup:

A -Mark
    A PMEX
    C NT
    D illon Gage
    F idelitrade
    J ack Hunt
    M TB

Which letter(s) did I miss of those that have shipped? >>

P rudential >>

And lets not forget No 9 our favorite NON shipper The Gold Center............image

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • 4 sets
    None for sale
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>10 sets, probably wont sell any. >>

<< <i>4 sets
    None for sale >>

There are flippers out there. However many didn't believe me when I said all but a couple on the failed monster boxes buy were buying for themselves and not for a flip.

Even the 2 sets people wanted them both for themselves.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 622 ✭✭✭
    Prudential did ship.

I know two people who got them.

<< <i>I have been trying to figure out how close to reality our (this threads) predictions will be regarding rarity and demand when the market finally settles, i.e. when all the 2010 pucks are released (the bullion versions, not the "mint-modified for consistency via water vapor etc" versions).

But, it is tough to gauge the reality from here, as we are all puck addicts.

I can't imagine that we (the readers and posters of this epic thread) could account for more than 10-20% of the sets out there, but maybe we do?

So, just out of curiosity, how many sets have each of you purchased?

I bought ONE set from each of the 8 APs that made them available to the public, so I have 8 sets.

I did not have my family or friends purchase any for me, and I am planning on keeping all of my sets.

How many did all of you get? >>

survey for sets image I am one of those who also received a set from Prudential........

Link to My Registry Set.

• goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 622 ✭✭✭
    Concerning DG.

I called and got some pucks.

I was on the original list from January.

I called and said something like; I got on your list for the ATB 5oz coins back in January, I was wondering......

The dude checks the computer and verifies me. Says send a check. No money orders.

Gave me a 'temp' account number.

So if you got on the list, you are eligable, if you didn't, don't bother calling.

But make sure you mention you got on the list, if he finds you, you have your fix for the day.

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭
    2011 ASE Rolls going for $800+ on ebay-probably 10 million+ will be minted. ATB 5 oz at near melt at 33K. Even the first year ASE was in the millions. This is a rare occurrence and a gift from the mint for an inaugural issue of a new bullion coin. Who knows how popular these will be. Could be ignored or not, These will not be static designs at least.
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got an email that My CNT order has shipped via USPS registered mail.
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    Well throughout this all I have learned the names of a lot of big bullion dealers. I have also found out that alot of them don't like the "little people" and I am not talking about leprechans.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.

<< <i>

<< <i>10 sets, probably wont sell any. >>

<< <i>4 sets
    None for sale >>

There are flippers out there. However many didn't believe me when I said all but a couple on the failed monster boxes buy were buying for themselves and not for a flip.

Even the 2 sets people wanted them both for themselves. >>

To be honest, originally I wanted to buy just a single set to keep. Once it became apparent there was money to be made I became a flipper. There's no shame in that... Is there?
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Just got an email from CnT. Your atm coins shipped on 3/30/11 via USPS registered mail. Please allow 7-10 days for delivery.

That's #4 , just waiting on my Jack Hunt set and I will be done.

5 total
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    I also just received this email from CnT:

Your America The Beautiful Order has been shipped via USPS Registered Mail on March 30, 2011.

Please Allow 7 - 10 business days for delivery. Above is your tracking number.

10 sets, no flipping. Will keep all.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Yeh I finally got my CnT Shipping confirmation email. I'm still waiting on Fidelitrade! They're taking freakin forever! lol. They gave me an order acceptance last week but I'm thinking I still won't see those coins for another 2 - 3 weeks. >.<
  • REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, originally I wanted to buy just a single set to keep. Once it became apparent there was money to be made I became a flipper. There's no shame in that... Is there?

Of course not.

Now Michael Moore or Sean Penn would probably disagree.
  • Is it bad to have temporarily taken out a low interest personal loan to buy a few more pucks for a quick flip? LOL.

< addicted >
  • PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Other than pitboss, nobody from CNT has responded to emails? Seems like it would be easy to run down the email list and make phonecalls to folks.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Maybe we should change thgis to "Flippers Universe" LOL
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more

<< <i>To be honest, originally I wanted to buy just a single set to keep. Once it became apparent there was money to be made I became a flipper. There's no shame in that... Is there?

Of course not.

Now Michael Moore or Sean Penn would probably disagree. >>

now THAT would make me smile as I've disagreed with both of them from day 1 image
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    I also got email from CNT of coin shipping registered mail.

Also got email from MTB eBay auction shipped UPS.

Scheduled delivery tomorrow.

Joe

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file