Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    coasterfancoasterfan Posts: 1,302
    30 unsuccessful tries at 6:30A PDT. Went back to sleep. Woke up at 8:30A and got thru on the 10th try.

I'm guessing those demon dialers will only work on analog phone systems, not the IP-hosted telephony systems that my employer uses.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Got my CNT order confirmed just now, so they are still selling.
    TD >>

I got through and he took my name and number. Said an associate will call me back later.

-Paul
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I got my set today, the 5th overall. In spite of all the insanity it's been fun. Perhaps the best thing that came out of this is my 17 year old son actually bought a set with his own money and really likes these giant monsters. I've been passively egging him on for years but this seems to have done the trick. Right now he says he's keeping them, we'll see.

Those of us that have jumped into this game with both feet will do well, I really believe that. My local coin shop said he simply hasn't been able to get them despite inquiries from potential customers. When the next batch comes out and people can actually see them in the shops I think interest will grow and new collectors of the series will be born. It has happened before where a first, "different kind of year" has lead to a numismatic treasure. These may not be bare breasted quarters or pennies with a "VDB" on them but this is a one time, one year mess-up by congress and the mint that will lead to something in demand for a long time. I still think most pure numismatists are over-looking the appeal and importance of parks like Yellowstone, the Grand Canyon, and Yosemite to millions of people in this country.

To all those that kept us in the know "thanks a bunch". Finally this part of the game is over. Now on to the mint versions, and their accompanying insanity, and then the 2011s with a much more relaxed pace of collecting and enjoyment. Maybe in 2012 I can get back to completing my 7070.

One last thought. As one that likes slabs only for authentication and protection purposes I'd really like to keep a set of raw ones with a set of the higher graded ones. The higher grades in slabs of course but would anyone else besides me actually like a Dansco type album that could house a year on a page kind of thing. I'm very old school and I still like my coins in albums and like to handle them once in awhile. (properly of course). >>

First off great story about getting your son involved and hopefully he can be one of those who actually put a WHOLE set of these together. I think in 10 or 12 years it would be really cool to pull out all of these. I love the albums too, would love to see someone sell those that would hold these. It has been a great ride, and I too must shut down and wait for the P.Version. I think alot of us have changed our buying habits of those coins we love, I think of it as a nice break away from the norm. Whats the guess on Ampex blowout of picked pucks? The last holdout in the group......................image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

I finally broke down and decided to call CnT....got thru on 2nd try at 11:50AM EST!
    Probably very easy towards the end.

Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    It had to have been ampex that sold out to the coin vault, there is no one left.

I think fidelitrade and CnT still have a few but other than that folks, it's over, it's been fun. I would also like to thank everyone for their help

along the way.
  • Options

<< <i>It had to have been ampex that sold out to the coin vault, there is no one left.

I think fidelitrade and CnT still have a few but other than that folks, it's over, it's been fun. I would also like to thank everyone for their help

along the way. >>

Over? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?! I agree, it's been a blast and thanks to all who provided such great information.
  • Options
    Woke up worked around the house finally at 11:15 cst remembered it was cnt day, called got through on first try man was really calm ask if I needed something. I ask if they had the puc`s. He said they were 1100 + 6.00 silver I must of gone into shock and said never mind, with 10 sets I`ll wait on last two to grade then work the bay and trades to make sets. Good luck with your orders .
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> ... ..... . >>

Over? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?! ....... . >>

Now that's just sad.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>Woke up worked around the house finally at 11:15 cst remembered it was cnt day, called got through on first try man was really calm ask if I needed something. I ask if they had the puc`s. He said they were 1100 + 6.00 silver I must of gone into shock and said never mind, with 10 sets I`ll wait on last two to grade then work the bay and trades to make sets. Good luck with your orders . >>

Why did that shock you? that is not a bad price when you figure they are giving you $6.00 in silver along with the puck set. Where else do you

get $1100 in silver for just about melt value? Try to get some eagles for that.
  • Options

<< <i>Woke up worked around the house finally at 11:15 cst remembered it was cnt day, called got through on first try man was really calm ask if I needed something. I ask if they had the puc`s. He said they were 1100 + 6.00 silver I must of gone into shock and said never mind, with 10 sets I`ll wait on last two to grade then work the bay and trades to make sets. Good luck with your orders . >>

I think you must have misunderstood the man, they cost you 1100 dollars but you get the set of pucks and 6 dollars in silver which right now dealers are paying 25 face value is 150 dollars take that off the 1100 and you get 950.00 for the set..........image

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    coinman420coinman420 Posts: 4,666

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i> ... ..... . >>

Over? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?! ....... . >>

Now that's just sad. >>

my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options

I think there is going to be a lot of barber half dollars on the market if they gave those to everybody that bought a set.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which of the 2011 Pucks do you think will become the most popular "pocket piece"? Don't you really want to carry one of these around just for fun?image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Which of the 2011 Pucks do you think will become the most popular "pocket piece"? Don't you really want to carry one of these around just for fun?image >>

I will be carrying the RAW Hot Springs around in my cargo shorts pocket. I will be the guy with a noticeable limp and smile.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    Miles, do you REALLY want to make the Hot Springs the KEY to the series by reducing the gradeable pop by 1??image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>Miles, do you REALLY want to make the Hot Springs the KEY to the series by reducing the gradeable pop by 1??image >>

It will be in fine condition Jmski, I have an easy and midly consistent gait!
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Miles, you would have to put a puck in each pocket so the weight is evened out!

Well, MTB and Jack Hunt must be nearly finished. I can't see CNT selling out with 6 hrs of phone sales. I'm sure they have some left. I couldn't jump on the CNT train this morning, and will try the next if they do another sale. After that, we have the unknowns APMEX and Prudential. With ~3+ weeks left to sell before cert, they are looking more and more likely to be sold out.

EDIT: I should mention that Fidelitrade appears to still have a few sets too!
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Over? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?! . >>

How young are you? I hope you're just joking with that comment!!! If the Germans has bombed Pearl Harbor it would mean we'd all be speaking German right now. I don't think the Luftwaffe's Stuka bombers had quite that range and aerial refueling wasn't very common then... image
  • Options
    NamesJayNamesJay Posts: 327 ✭✭
    I got my set from CNT today. It is shipped in the small priority box... so I'm not enthusiastic that the coins were packaged all that securely.

I might just sell the package unopened, but with the additional $6 of silver in there, I'm not sure if I'll maximize my selling price by going that route. What do you guys think?
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>It had to have been ampex that sold out to the coin vault, there is no one left.

along the way. >>

I'd guess that the gold center also sold out to tv, friends, dealer buddies etc... at most 250 sets sold otc on Jan 3rd, where do you think the other 2,750 sets went??? By the way, the GC pucks we received looked like they were actually used in a hockey game...Obviously cherry picked scraps...
  • Options

<< <i>

How young are you? I hope you're just joking with that comment!!! If the Germans has bombed Pearl Harbor it would mean we'd all be speaking German right now. I don't think the Luftwaffe's Stuka bombers had quite that range and aerial refueling wasn't very common then... image >>

John Belushi, Animal House
  • Options

<< <i>

How young are you? I hope you're just joking with that comment!!! If the Germans has bombed Pearl Harbor it would mean we'd all be speaking German right now. I don't think the Luftwaffe's Stuka bombers had quite that range and aerial refueling wasn't very common then... image >>

I should have added an emoticon. No, our educational system is still working - kinda. image

Animal House
  • Options

<< <i>Which of the 2011 Pucks do you think will become the most popular "pocket piece"? Don't you really want to carry one of these around just for fun?image >>

way back in this thread i said i was hoping for a real dog in one of my sets so i could carry it as a pocketpiece. so far all my coins were too nice. i do have 2 more sets coming this week..... fingers crossedimage
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options

<< <i>

I think you must have misunderstood the man, they cost you 1100 dollars but you get the set of pucks and 6 dollars in silver which right now dealers are paying 25 face value is 150 dollars take that off the 1100 and you get 950.00 for the set..........image >>

The whole additional silver/tax thing AND price was explained multiple times both for this CNT event and the March CNT event....the price was not an unknown and I can't figure out why someone from this forum would call, get through, and then say "no thanks"....

Just sayin'.....
  • Options
    coasterfancoasterfan Posts: 1,302

<< <i>

way back in this thread i said i was hoping for a real dog in one of my sets so i could carry it as a pocketpiece. so far all my coins were too nice. i do have 2 more sets coming this week..... fingers crossedimage >>

I'm feeling generous today so I'll trade my Mount Hood that looks like it was used for an actual hockey game for one of your 69DMPL pucks. image
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options

<< <i>

Why did that shock you? that is not a bad price when you figure they are giving you $6.00 in silver along with the puck set. Where else do you

get $1100 in silver for just about melt value? Try to get some eagles for that. >>

No was shocked that I got through.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

way back in this thread i said i was hoping for a real dog in one of my sets so i could carry it as a pocketpiece. so far all my coins were too nice. i do have 2 more sets coming this week..... fingers crossedimage >>

I'm feeling generous today so I'll trade my Mount Hood that looks like it was used for an actual hockey game for one of your 69DMPL pucks. image >>

• Options
    Cant believe every bodies jumping me because I passed on a cnt set I have felt they were cherry picked have not had enough reports otherwise. With 10 sets I feel I have enough silver was a gold buyer until the puc`s came out. Sorry you feel I should have ordered, tried last round and got all busy signals had to try today just to see. Thanks for your concern
  • Options

<< <i>Cant believe every bodies jumping me because I passed on a cnt set I have felt they were cherry picked have not had enough reports otherwise. With 10 sets I feel I have enough silver was a gold buyer until the puc`s came out. Sorry you feel I should have ordered, tried last round and got all busy signals had to try today just to see. Thanks for your concern >>

I don't think there is any issue with passing on the CNT set at all...

There are questions as to the logic of calling, getting through, AND THEN passing on the set......

Fits into "Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmm"
  • Options

<< <i>Cant believe every bodies jumping me because I passed on a cnt set I have felt they were cherry picked have not had enough reports otherwise. With 10 sets I feel I have enough silver was a gold buyer until the puc`s came out. Sorry you feel I should have ordered, tried last round and got all busy signals had to try today just to see. Thanks for your concern >>

No offence, but junk silver would be good at this price.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I'm feeling generous today so I'll trade my Mount Hood that looks like it was used for an actual hockey game for one of your 69DMPL pucks. image >>

I'm feeling even more generous and will trade the same beat up Mt Hood for one of your MS69 polish marks
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked up my CNT set from the post orifice today. Set looks good, all coins PL or DMPL. All in capsules, all look to be at least 67 (and I'd venture to say even 68).
    Included were 12 well worn barber halves.
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

Correct me if I'm wrong.

But, CNT sent me 12 Barber halfs.

Their invoices stated a value of $175.

My calculations show this to equal 40.31 oz

But silver is trading at 37.80.

Looks like there is a mark up in the silver price they are using to get to $1100.

My calculation of $37.80 x .36169 content of silver in coin = $13.67 per coin, times 12 coins = $164.04

Seems to be $11 short.

Again, I may be wrong here, you experts let me know.

• Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Correct me if I'm wrong.

Looks like there is a mark up in the silver price they are using to get to $1100.

My calculation of $37.80 x .36169 content of silver in coin = $13.67 per coin, times 12 coins = $164.04

Seems to be $11 short.

Again, I may be wrong here, you experts let me know. >>

Aren't they entitled to make a little money on selling 90% silver? 1% on an $1100 transaction is no concern to me.
  • Options

Seems to be $11 short.

i believe bullion dealers buy lower than melt and sell a little higher than melt. they have to make some kind of profit.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,507 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Seems to be $11 short.

Aren't they entitled to make a little money on selling 90% silver? 1% on an $1100 transaction is no concern to me. >>

I wouldn't sweat the difference either.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    In defense of CNT, APMEX is currently selling rolls of average circ. Barbers at $43.7/oz in rolls. I think CNT's price for the Barbers is probably about right (as they don't look to be "average" but probably below that), though this is not saying that I necessarily agree with them making us buy additional silver with the ATBs. But they do have their reasons.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to this thread I was one of the lucky 397 people that got a set from APMEX at $875 or so, which I then traded for 1.75 oz. of gold when they were still scarce. Bought back in at $1100 minus the value of the junk silver, so I think I did OK.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Yeah Capt., kinda wish I still had my APMEX Set, but, like you, it was a good time to sell.

This trend has offfered so many oppurtunities that being spoiled has become the norm, rather than the exception.

Miles
  • Options
    Question for the group.
    What do you think the long term 10+ year value will be on a set?
    I hope it will be North of $5000. I was wondering if anyone had a idea or was willing to guess.
  • Options

<< <i>Question for the group.
    I hope it will be North of $5000. I was wondering if anyone had a idea or was willing to guess. >>

Let's see...if silver gets to $200/ounce in 10 years then 24 times that would be $5k image
  • Options

I hope it will be North of $5000. I was wondering if anyone had a idea or was willing to guess. >>

Very tough one to guess....lots of factors in play. $5k sounds quite high to me for a raw set.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,507 ✭✭✭✭✭

you'd have to differentiate between a graded and ungraded set.

ones unworthy of high grades will be worth near melt, imo.

prices on graded coins will depend upon the grade.

I think how the prices develop right now on the graded ones will indicate a little on the future desirability of various grades and designations. I think if the lower grades without designations PL or DMPL take off, then they may remain strong in the future. If they stay flat or fall, then I'd say things wouldn't be looking good for them.

but a 67 is still a fairly nice looking coin.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    I think you're probably right, Ms.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forget the 5oz. rounds...........Is this the largest thread ever on the U.S. Coin Forum? image
  • Options

<< <i>Forget the 5oz. rounds...........Is this the largest thread ever on the U.S. Coin Forum? image >>

Bully!!!!! Where have you been ???????????

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Forget the 5oz. rounds...........Is this the largest thread ever on the U.S. Coin Forum? image >>

I thought size didn't matter!!
  • Options

<< <i>

I thought size didn't matter!! >>

imagethanks proofcollection for posting the picture of the latest CNT packaging. Its Real Funny To go back to Page 1 thru 5 and read some of the posts. What a long strange trip this has been. Can't wait for MrsM thread with the new P version to take off, but my guess is this thread will never die...........image

Link to My Registry Set.

• Options
    Question for the group.
    I hope it will be North of $5000. I was wondering if anyone had a idea or was willing to guess.

My opinion is that 33,000 coins is not a small number for a series that will eventually have over 100 pieces, where the price for an entry level coin is >$175.00.

I think the rarity factor of the 2010's is not yet determined, and that it is somewhat likely that there will be a dropoff of interest by Year 3 or Year 4 that could lead to more low mintage issues. Working against that eventuality is the fact that people will identify with the National Parks and that may lead to an uptick in interest from the general public which could lead to incresed demand.

At some point, ericj will take a look at these, but he may have a harder time modeling the Pucks because they are a new type of animal. His methodology is qutie sound, in my opinion and it might lend itself to some valuable insights in answering the OP's question if one were to give his book more than a passing nod.image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭
    WOW!!!

What's with the POPs?!?!?!? Did PCGS grade 3,000 of these this past week? How did these things spike so much in one week? and who sent them all in? Maybe our friends from Springfield? These are just the 69DMPL... The PL's had huge spikes as well...

New 69DMPL Pops -

HS - 691 / 1,305
    Yel - 403 / 921
    Yos - 204 / 460
    GC - 94 / 226
    MH - 254 / 479

Kudos to ahrelep for saying that GC would be the hardest to get in 69DMPL (although Yel was the key for a while)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file