Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    In regards to future value, yes it is a big expensive set and that will mean tremendous variation in the value of certain coins. I can't see a way coins like Yellowstone, the Grand Canyon, and Yosemite won't be in high demand and their values will reflect that. In the future coins like Shenandoah, Arches, The Smokies will be very hot items and available because of higher mintages. While I may want the Nebraska Homestead coin, and Kisatchie National Forest coin in Louisiana, you can bet most won't unless they are collecting the set.

I'd keep the big names for a few years, I think these will be big winners once the public actually sees them. Mt Hood, Hotsprings, who knows? I bought them because I want the set and had to buy all 5. The designs this year (2011) are good to great and people will finally see them. This should be a long term set/series with true winners and losers and make the collecting interesting. I'm in until the end but the Parks are a big part of my life. Again if the true art of sculpting great designs for our National Treasures continues to evolve thru this series it will be even more successful. I've seen next years suggested designs and they are good again. I'm already looking forward to seeing this years in the bigger format because I think the designs are much better than the 2010s.

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Question for the group.
    What do you think the long term 10+ year value will be on a set?
    I hope it will be North of $5000. I was wondering if anyone had a idea or was willing to guess. >>

Let's see...if silver gets to $200/ounce in 10 years then 24 times that would be $5k image >>

I really do not believe that will happen($200/ounce).
    I also do not feel many are able to afford the cost or willing to stay with these for the many years it will take to complete the series.
    And then, when the series is complete, hardly anyone will be able to afford them then.
    Various people will probably collect some of these here and there, maybe of their favorite parks.
    There will be some serious and dedicated collectors who can afford all of these but not many. Remember, there will be no mint restrictions on markups of future issues.
    I really think interest in these will wane in years to come other than maybe a more convenient way of storing bullion as has already been mentioned here.
    It would be nice to dream these will significantly appreciate but they won't.
    Just my 2 cents.

Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>WOW!!!

What's with the POPs?!?!?!? Did PCGS grade 3,000 of these this past week? How did these things spike so much in one week? and who sent them all in? Maybe our friends from Springfield? These are just the 69DMPL... The PL's had huge spikes as well...

New 69DMPL Pops -

HS - 691 / 1,305
    Yel - 403 / 921
    Yos - 204 / 460
    GC - 94 / 226
    MH - 254 / 479

Kudos to ahrelep for saying that GC would be the hardest to get in 69DMPL (although Yel was the key for a while) >>

Pops Going no where but up.

Lets not forget we have 3000 Jack Hunt, 3000 CNT, 600 MTB and a steady stream of DG in the pipeline. Estimate this to be about 25% of the coins yet to be reviewed.

• Options
    CoinCoinsCoinCoins Posts: 698 ✭✭✭
    anyone get their jack hunt coins yet?
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pops going nowhere but up indeed. Remember when a PCGS MS69 Yos brought $4000 due to it's very low pops.....

Can anyone tell me where to get a demon dialer? I can't find one online.

Thanks
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Pops going nowhere but up indeed. Remember when a PCGS MS69 Yos brought $4000 due to it's very low pops.....

Can anyone tell me where to get a demon dialer? I can't find one online.

Thanks >>

Whats the secret password? I was planning on starting a dialing business, if you need a set of P pucks and can't get thru to the mint hire me. 50 bucks and i guarentee you a set.... Oh i also do golf tee off times concert tickets and for fun radio stations..........imagedemon dialer
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    Looks like someone got a hold of a very large batch of cherry picked coins. The DMPL's 69 had been grading out at 13.3 percent before this week. They graded out at well over 50 percent this week for coins submitted. Any thoughts? Is there a chance there is an error in the data?
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I have some pretty nice looking coins myself that I have not sent in yet, I am waiting for my coins from CnT and Jack Hunt before I make a submission.
  • Options
    Im not feeling very good about my Jack hunt order right now and glad I passed on the CNT last round also. Things that make you go HMMMMM.
  • Options

<< <i>Im not feeling very good about my Jack hunt order right now and glad I passed on the CNT last round also. Things that make you go HMMMMM. >>

Yup.....Hmmmmm

It sucks buying silver at spot with minimal (if any) premium....

• Options

Yea, I feel real bad about my 2 orders ( Hunt and CNT) today too, especially when I see silver jump to $38 tonight on Asian markets.
  • Options
    It does look like serious cherry picking the regular 69`s and the 68 DM and PL made no really big jumps in numbers graded. Yea the silver spot is fine but but screwed out of top grades sucks unless your just there for the spot. Looks like a couple of the APs where in for the grades. Hmmmmm
  • Options
    I think it has to be remembered that even if the pucks come with Jack Hunt or CNT chock marks all over them they are still silver selling at spot...no additional fee for shipping...right now zero premium....If they eventually deserve a numismatic premium that is bonus.....If they look great and grade well that is just another bonus...

Anyone who CAN afford ANY of the sets from the AP's is really missing out by not grabbing any sets they can get...Potential quality of the sets should NOT be a deciding factor but just an afterthought regarding whether to take the next step of submitting them for grading...

Ungraded sets are still a great silver play.....

• Options
    I agree with you.
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Boucharda, you are right on, as you usually are.

Fidelitrade has these still up on their website. $929.20 shipped. That's $37.18/oz. for silver, and silver just passed $38 on the Asian markets!!

Add a little for postage, but wow. What a deal.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    I got a call from DG and picked up a second set (she was nice and convinced me). I think these will appreciate eventually as first year rarities. There are some arguments that later years may see mintage declines with equivalent rarity. Perhaps folks reading this thread years on down will be tempted to pick up sets in large numbers. I'm optimistic!
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Boucharda, you are right on, as you usually are.

Fidelitrade has these still up on their website. $929.20 shipped. That's $37.18/oz. for silver, and silver just passed $38 on the Asian markets!!

Add a little for postage, but wow. What a deal. >>

Maybe, just maybe the Mint told the AP's no more pucks 'till these are sold to the public, or return them for a refund of the ORIGINAL amount paid to be redistributed to other AP's? Just a wild thought!----BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options

<< <i>Im not feeling very good about my Jack hunt order right now and glad I passed on the CNT last round also. Things that make you go HMMMMM. >>

If "you got an Order Number issued you will get a Set", that is from JH, himself.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Im not feeling very good about my order right now and glad I passed on the CNT last round also. Things that make you go HMMMMM. >>

If "you got an Order Number issued you will get a Set", that is from JH, himself. >>

I don`t doubt getting a set I think they have been cherry picked and that is what made the DM and PL grades go so high in the last week Yellowstone up from 34 to 403 from the last time I checked. But it looks like just the DM`s and PL`s had the huge increases.
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    What are the grading costs for these with the first strike designation per coin? Does anyone know?
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    30.00 plus 18. for first strike plus shipping and handling-----BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

If "you got an Order Number issued you will get a Set", that is from JH, himself. >>

I don`t doubt getting a set I think they have been cherry picked and that is what made the DM and PL grades go so high in the last week Yellowstone up from 34 to 403 from the last time I checked. But it looks like just the DM`s and PL`s had the huge increases. >>

I think those coins have gone up because people like me are cherrypicking what they have and sending in only their best coins to be graded.

There are many people here on the forum that have many sets to choose from.

I know I will not send in anything that is not going to grade well. It would be too costly to do that at the price they get to grade them and

you can get as much for the silver if they are not good coins.
  • Options
    Apmex sent me an email today. Order anything (accept atb of course) from my phone and pay no shipping. Also the first 100 get a free ounce of silver. Sorry Apmex no business from me!
  • Options

I got an email from them too. I didn't even read it before deleting it.
  • Options

<< <i>I got an email from them too. I didn't even read it before deleting it. >>

I did a knee jerk deletion before the images even loaded on my phone image

Edited to add:

Regarding the PL/DM POP's.....since just about 90% of ALL pucks get PL/DM designation why is there surprise that the POP's went up??? It's rare NOT to get a PL on a submission now....I saw one recent grades report (here) and two of the 6 or 7 were not Pl and it stood out as an anomaly from the normal 5/5 or 9/10 with PL or DM submission results.
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jack Hunt is shipping. I just received an email with Fed Ex tracking info from them. My order number was in the mid 100s.
  • Options
    I just got FedEx tracking info for an order I mailed to Jack Hunt with a 44 cent stamp 9 days ago!!!!!!!

Wowimage
  • Options

I just received my notice too, shipping today, expected arrival is 4/7. order # low 200's.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just got FedEx tracking info for an order I mailed to Jack Hunt with a 44 cent stamp 9 days ago!!!!!!!

Wowimage >>

Just got the same email coming on the 4th, number 8? Thats cool let them flow. Now where is that fidelitrade set?image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jack Hunt is shipping. I just received an email with Fed Ex tracking info from them. My order number was in the mid 100s. >>

Same here!
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    Same here. Jackie is shipping mine today on a 44c stamp.
  • Options
    I also received JHCB tracking info from 44cent stamp and cashiers check which was told they would hold for 14 days, this was mailed 9 days ago also. Will know soon about cherry picking hope I am wrong, but I`ll still have 25 ounces of silver at 30 year high spot. Waiting on that fidelatrade set also.
  • Options

<< <i>Will know soon about cherry picking hope I am wrong, but I`ll still have 25 ounces of silver at 30 year high spot. >>

EXACTLY!
  • Options
    Not sure why you're excited about buying at a 30 year high.
  • Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just got FedEx tracking info for an order I mailed to Jack Hunt with a 44 cent stamp 9 days ago!!!!!!!

Wowimage >>

Same here!! In fact, I got TWO! image I'm mailing my CNT off today too!

-Paul
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not sure why you're excited about buying at a 30 year high. >>

Well considering many on this thread have been selling for profit why would they care.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

<< <i>Not sure why you're excited about buying at a 30 year high. >>

Yes we bought at a 30 year high but at a total price of $37.96/oz.....(silver is presently $38.57 oz)

I just sold some ASE rolls and they went for right around $44/ounce ($885/roll) which is similar to recent sales

So I DO think a total price of $37.96 is GREAT!
  • Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
    Forgive me if this has already been covered, but, has anyone dropped an unencapsulated puck on a hard floor yet?

I'll bet they get a really JUMBO rim ding! if they hit right...
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    So I just received Fedex tracking info for my Jack Hunt set. It'll be arriving Wednesday.

There's one problem tho.... I NEVER PAID FOR IT!

I went to the website and created a form the day they were available, but that's it!!!!! I never sent payment!

What are the chances a set will actually turn up at my doorstep?

Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got a Fed Ex notice, expected to ship today. Expected to arrive the middle of next week. Gotta love the speed of $138 shippingimage

I also mailed my MO using just a .44 cent stamp. My order number is in the mid 800s.
  • Options

<< <i>So I just received Fedex tracking info for my Jack Hunt set. It'll be arriving Wednesday.

I went to the website and created a form the day they were available, but that's it!!!!! I never sent payment!

What are the chances a set will actually turn up at my doorstep? >>

Free Silverimage

I guess you will get to preview them and cherry pick them before you return themimage

I think that the Ms was looking for another set...
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So I just received Fedex tracking info for my Jack Hunt set. It'll be arriving Wednesday.

Free Silverimage

I guess you will get to preview them and cherry pick them before you return themimage

I think that the Ms was looking for another set... >>

Cherrypick them? Would I do that????

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! image
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    I guess that's the bottom, when they are literally giving them away.

• Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Free Silverimage

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! image >>

Do they accept returns ?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Free Silverimage

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! image >>

Do they accept returns ? >>

When it comes to getting their silver back because of no payment... You Betimage
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    My JH set will be here Wednesday. The last one I will be buying.
  • Options
    nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

They put ALL the orders into FedEx - they are NOT shipping confirms! they are FedEx Shipment Notification. = IF they ship today - it will arrive on Wed.

BST Plug, Aron
  • Options
    I was looking over the list of nine ATB APs. I recall the history of eight of them.

What ever happened (or didn't happen) with Prudential Securities Inc?
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>I was looking over the list of nine ATB APs. I recall the history of eight of them.

What ever happened (or didn't happen) with Prudential Securities Inc? >>

Prudential took a few phone orders from folks, I think a few months ago, but they've been very quiet. From what I understand, their system required a lot of hoops to jump through. I tried calling a few times but never got through.

Got my Fedex shipping Conf. for JH today too.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    Wow. SO silver is at $38.50 right now. Makes me wonder what silver will be at when the Mint finaly releases the NM Version of the pucks. Its going to cost all kinds of monies!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file