Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• << <i>Apmex? Hmmmmm........I remember that name from somewhere.........oh, I remember - I used to be one of their bullion customers. >>

Yup. That was them. Heard they went out of business or something. MCM took all their business image
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    My buddies JHCB set arrived today, no capsules just loose inside manilla buddle wrappers, lots of die polish but nonetheless a great buy.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Did they give you an arrival date? My order # is in the low 200's and I do not see where it has been shipped as yet on my fed ex tracking sheet from them.
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Order Shipment--

Your America the Beautiful coin set has been shipped. Packages will be delivered via FedEx 'express saver'. Your tracking number is Please visit FedEx.com to track your shipment.

Please allow 2-3 business days for delivery.

Thank you for your business and your patience.
    FideliTrade Incorporated image I received there confirmation email on the 21st. Woohoo Also Just received update from fed ex, jack hunt box has been picked up 2 in one week cool ...
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody going to buy a sealed monster box of, say, the Gettysburg?
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Why do people want the empty boxes? If anything, I would think silver eagle boxes would be more useful/------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree

<< <i>Anybody going to buy a sealed monster box of, say, the Gettysburg? >>

You win the comedian of the year award!!!
  • newnotesnewnotes Posts: 65 ✭✭
    My son got his Fidelitrade set last week and it was terrible. The one I got from them about a month ago was very good. Makes me wonder if the sets they have left are the sets that have been sent back. Still a good deal if all you're looking for is to stack some silver. I was trying to put together a decent set but will fall short now. Just can't afford any more sets of these while looking down the barrel at the Mints 2010 set and the two 2011 sets.
  • PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Pink Floyd said: "One thing is certain right now: they are selling for below spot from the authorized purchasers due to a price fix back in December. I would certainly buy from an AP if you're looking to pick up the silver anyway."

I've checked the major APs on the list from MTB and every one is sold out. Are all APs sold out of ATBs?

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

BTW, the Floyd is one of my favorites.

Cheers!
    Bob >>

Try contacting Fidelitrade or visit their website...Worth a shot.. >>

I just checked fidelitrades site and they are still taking applications.
    >>

Jack Hunt is taking names for a wait list. You can get on the wait list: JHCB

Coins and Things--their website isn't working right now--but they should sell more. I do not see how they sold out with 6 hrs total of phone sales. CNT

There is still a chance that there could be opportunities from APMEX, MTB, Dillon Gage, and Prudential. They must sell this month to get certified to sell the 2011s. MTB looks like they like Saturdays for eBay dumps.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • My JH set was picked up and will be delivered Friday...
  • chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    Well, I filled out an order for two sets from Fidelitrade. Regardless of their condition, it's still a great under-spot silver deal. Hopefully they aren't scratched, rubbed, dinged, etc., like their disclaimer on their site states.

Thanks to all for your insight and suggestions.

Cheers!
    Bob
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

You do know that there is a limit of one set per household, right?

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • I sent in an order to Fidelitrade OVER a month ago and I'm still waiting. lol. THey still have not even mailed it out yet. I'm thinking they'll get to it next week. lol.

• << <i>My son got his Fidelitrade set last week and it was terrible. The one I got from them about a month ago was very good. Makes me wonder if the sets they have left are the sets that have been sent back. Still a good deal if all you're looking for is to stack some silver. I was trying to put together a decent set but will fall short now. Just can't afford any more sets of these while looking down the barrel at the Mints 2010 set and the two 2011 sets. >>

I hope they are not down to rejects I need 2 DMPL`s to make a set The last 2 sets were almost all DMPL`s just 68`s instead of 69`s.If fidelatrade and JHCB are watching load me up with 69-DMPL`s and we will see about ordering some monster boxes .
  • chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You do know that there is a limit of one set per household, right? >>

Ouch! I forgot about that. Got ahead of myself. Thanks.

Bob
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭
    The UPS man dropped off my MTB sets and they are nice. Would probably be PL or DMPL (not sure what the difference is) if they went to PCGS but I am not spending the grading fees. Right now I am into these under spot - so into the safe they go...
  • felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm about to send my ATB bullion into PCGS for grading. MY PCGS membership lapsed a few months ago. If I purchase a platinum membership, can I use the 8 vouchers to grade 8 ATBs? I know I have to pay $18 extra each for FS.

I'm sure this was covered previously in this monster thread, but I can't find the post, even with google's help.

Thanks!
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm about to send my ATB bullion into PCGS for grading. MY PCGS membership lapsed a few months ago. If I purchase a platinum membership, can I use the 8 vouchers to grade 8 ATBs? I know I have to pay $18 extra each for FS. >>

Yep.
    What you would have to pay if sending in 8 free submissions:

$144.00 if you get 1st strike designation
    $ 8.00 handling fee
    $ 29.95 return shipping

181.95 total
  • I'm debating the same question if it worth forking over $144 for 8 FS designations for the coins that will always qualify for FS by PCGS.

Does it really offer any advantage on 2010 ATBs?
  • aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm debating the same question if it worth forking over $144 for 8 FS designations for the coins that will always qualify for FS by PCGS.

Does it really offer any advantage on 2010 ATBs? >>

If you are keeping them, doesn't matter.

If you are selling, chances are high you'll at least get your $18 back.

• << <i>I'm debating the same question if it worth forking over $144 for 8 FS designations for the coins that will always qualify for FS by PCGS.

Does it really offer any advantage on 2010 ATBs? >>

Not worth it IMO. We all know they were minted at the same time and the First Strike / Early Release grades that the graders hand out is pretty worthless to us in the know. And if you ever do see a signficant change in the resale value you can always send them back to get the FS grade added.

If I were buying a coin and the choice was 1st strike or not, I would buy the 1st strike every time. It is

worth the extra money for resale purposes, if not for you, then for whoever is going to sell your coins in

the future.
  • Pcgs could stop allowing the first strike designation any time they want. Not sure about this but doubt if they will put it on in a few years when you go to grade.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What you would have to pay if sending in 8 free submissions:

$ 8.00 handling fee
    $ 29.95 return shipping

181.95 total >>

Don't they also charge you something extra for the ATB's being so big?
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Pink Floyd said: "One thing is certain right now: they are selling for below spot from the authorized purchasers due to a price fix back in December. I would certainly buy from an AP if you're looking to pick up the silver anyway."

I've checked the major APs on the list from MTB and every one is sold out. Are all APs sold out of ATBs?

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

BTW, the Floyd is one of my favorites.

Cheers!
    Bob >>

Try contacting Fidelitrade or visit their website...Worth a shot.. >>

I just checked fidelitrades site and they are still taking applications.
    >>

Jack Hunt is taking names for a wait list. You can get on the wait list: JHCB

Coins and Things--their website isn't working right now--but they should sell more. I do not see how they sold out with 6 hrs total of phone sales. CNT

There is still a chance that there could be opportunities from APMEX, MTB, Dillon Gage, and Prudential. They must sell this month to get certified to sell the 2011s. MTB looks like they like Saturdays for eBay dumps. >>

No offense but they do not have to sell anything, all the have to do is submit a stupid paper to the mint telling them that they sold everything image
  • I have to say this because it has been bugging me for awhile .....

WTF is with the $18 for FS when ALL the pucks are FS???

Maybe I could understand the fee with time limited issues .....but to pay $18 to have 2 words printed on a label of a coin that EVERY submission is eligible for just seems ridiculous

First Strike used to have a meaning....now it just means "I paid 18 bucks more to grade this coin".....

I'm done now.....

• Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

$ 8.00 handling fee
    $ 29.95 return shipping

181.95 total >>

Don't they also charge you something extra for the ATB's being so big? >>

No, that's the correct total.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,573 ✭✭✭
    Jack Hunt set on its way. Will be here Friday. Order number in the very low 300s.
  • PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>
    No offense but they do not have to sell anything, all the have to do is submit a stupid paper to the mint telling them that they sold everything image >>

You have a good point there.

FS for these is bogus. I still wouldn't think twice before paying for it...it'll probably just hurt resale value later if it's not there.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin

<< <i>

$ 8.00 handling fee
    $ 29.95 return shipping

181.95 total >>

Don't they also charge you something extra for the ATB's being so big? >>

I was told those were the only charges when I called them today because I want to send mine in as

soon as I get my Jack Hunt order and pick out the 8 best coins from the 20 that I have not graded.

My coins are now at the fed ex terminal in Buffalo for shipment to me . Should get tomorrow or probably Friday. I will be able to get my 8

coins off to PCGS for delivery on Monday.
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Friday's going to be a ten pucker!

Fidelitrade and JHCB scheduled to arrive.

And I'll go Charlie Sheen with that news today - WINNING!
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Friday's going to be a ten pucker!

And I'll go Charlie Sheen with that news today - WINNING! >>

Did you get notice from Fidelitrade that they shipped? I've been waiting 2 weeks since they accepted my order and wondered if they'd notify me when they ship??

When I got mine from fidelitrade, there was no notice, they just showed up.
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Did you get notice from Fidelitrade that they shipped? I've been waiting 2 weeks since they accepted my order and wondered if they'd notify me when they ship?? >>

Yeah, Ftrade did send a ship notice email w/tracking #, left Newark NJ @ 1236 pm today.
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Did you get notice from Fidelitrade that they shipped? I've been waiting 2 weeks since they accepted my order and wondered if they'd notify me when they ship?? >>

Yeah, Ftrade did send a ship notice email w/tracking #, left Newark NJ @ 1236 pm today. >>

image A ten puck Friday for me too.........enjoyimage
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My latest PCGS puck order:

Line # Item # Cert # PCGS No. CoinDate Denomination Variety Country Grade
    1 1 19703622 505103 2010 25C Grand Canyon NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69
    2 1 19703623 506579 2010 25C Hot Springs NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69DM
    3 1 19703624 506582 2010 25C Mount Hood NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
    4 1 19703625 506586 2010 25C Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
    5 1 19703626 506590 2010 25C Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68PL
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My latest PCGS puck order:

5 1 19703626 506590 2010 25C Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68PL >>

Ugh!! Why couldn't I have had at LEAST one 69!? I got 3/3 67DMPLS....

-Paul

Very nice, congrats!image
  • brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    So jealous that I missed the last 100 MTB sold on the bay. They need to list some more.
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

Now 19 business days and waiting for my grades!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could it be that I sent in my 2009 UHR for regrading along with the pucks that's slowing them down?
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • i got the C & T set today and they look very nice, all PL/DMPL and almost no contact marks. the MTB set i got a couple days ago were not good. a lot of contact marks and 3 of them were downright dull!!! they almost looked like they were buffed with scotchbrite. not die polish marks. the C & T set will go in for grading, the MTB set i`ll keep for the bullion aspect.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.

• << <i>So jealous that I missed the last 100 MTB sold on the bay. They need to list some more. >>

i`ll sell you a setimage

read my post above.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • My Tracking Info for my CNT set says it was shipped March 30th from Mass. and was supposed to arrive in California for me on April 1st. But when I check on USPS it STILL says its in Mass. >.< FML!

<< <i>My Tracking Info for my CNT set says it was shipped March 30th from Mass. and was supposed to arrive in California for me on April 1st. But when I check on USPS it STILL says its in Mass. >.< FML! >>

It's going via Registered mail which is very slowwww. It won't update on the USPS website till it gets to your local sorting facility. It's not still in Mass. but on a armed and secure mule train somwhere in fly-over country. I bet you get it in the next 2-3 days.

• << <i>I have to say this because it has been bugging me for awhile .....

WTF is with the $18 for FS when ALL the pucks are FS???

Maybe I could understand the fee with time limited issues .....but to pay $18 to have 2 words printed on a label of a coin that EVERY submission is eligible for just seems ridiculous

First Strike used to have a meaning....now it just means "I paid 18 bucks more to grade this coin".....

I'm done now..... >>

I agree that having first strike means little to me but sell 2 exact coins the first stike will almost always bring more and also sell first, so it maters to the people buying. Recently there were ATB`s on e-bay 1 first strike 1 non first strike (very ) rare but if I had bought I would have taken the first strike to match my other coins.

• United States MINT Announces Release Date for First ATB 5 oz Silver Coin

HOT SPRING APRIL 28

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProdschedView?storeId=10001&catalogId=10001

• << <i>

<< <i>My Tracking Info for my CNT set says it was shipped March 30th from Mass. and was supposed to arrive in California for me on April 1st. But when I check on USPS it STILL says its in Mass. >.< FML! >>

It's going via Registered mail which is very slowwww. It won't update on the USPS website till it gets to your local sorting facility. It's not still in Mass. but on a armed and secure mule train somwhere in fly-over country. I bet you get it in the next 2-3 days. >>

Man I hope you are right. I need this set to come in soon so I can FINALLY mail out a few sets to PCGS all in one box to save on shipping. lol.
  • So I have been inYosemite for two days now taking some great pics of the real life puc. Some people wondered why the parks would not opt for selling these coins. I am happy they are not. The park is wonderful but the main gift shop is a sorry excuse for a flea market. These would have no market or respect here. Will post a photo when I get home.
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file