Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>how do they know who wire transferred Dillon Gage the money? >>

good question.

I hate to call.

But I'll call and ask. >>

1) put your name in the Ref. field
    2) Your name on the account will show in the info sent to them. (so make sure you wire from an account with your name on it)

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭
    Gettysburg and Glacier ATB Silver Bullion Coins Available April 25

AP's are panicking! They only have a few more weeks!

FYI - Keep your eyes opened. We're unloading some inventory of ATB PCGS graded coins over weekend (need to build reserve for Mint version and 2011 Bullion) - will post more info in BST later.

- Aron
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>-----Dillon Gage Update---

Current News

................................ 3. Send bank wire for proper amount according to form. 4. If supply permits, delivery will be within 4-6 weeks. ............................
    >>

Am I missing something? They're going to keep your cash for 4-6 weeks & maybe you won't even get a set? And you can't call? What's wrong with this picture? image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • coinman420coinman420 Posts: 4,666
    i had an order with jack hunt under #500 but hesitated because i had other sets ordered/on the way. now that silver is trying to hit the big four-ohhh i decided to priority mail a money order today. just now i got an email from them.....

Dear ATB Purchaser,

As of April 7, 2011 your America the Beautiful Coin purchase remains unpaid. Please review the following:

1. If you have mailed payment and requested an address change from your original order, your payment has not been processed. No action on your part is necessary at this time.

2. If it is your intent to cancel your order please reply to this message with “CANCEL ORDER” with your order number in the subject field.

3. If you intend to fulfill your order please overnight your money order payable to JHCB, Inc. and a copy of your invoice to:

America the Beautiful
    P.O. Box 4189
    Kenmore, NY 14217

YOUR PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED BY MONDAY, APRIL 11TH OTHERWISE YOUR ORDER WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE CANCELED.
    THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS.

Sincerely,

Jack Hunt Coin Broker Inc.

i hope USPS gets it there by monday. image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think we might have found the APMEX connection.....or SOME connection anyway..

EEEK >>

Maybe the Coin Vault toilet backed up and out pooped, EEEEEEEERRRRRRRR, I mean popped, 100 sets of NGC slabbed coins that TCV is dumping in anticipation of new items they are going to be hustling? image

<< <i>i had an order with jack hunt under #500 but hesitated because i had other sets ordered/on the way. now that silver is trying to hit the big four-ohhh i decided to priority mail a money order today. just now i got an email from them.....

Dear ATB Purchaser,

As of April 7, 2011 your America the Beautiful Coin purchase remains unpaid. Please review the following:

1. If you have mailed payment and requested an address change from your original order, your payment has not been processed. No action on your part is necessary at this time.

2. If it is your intent to cancel your order please reply to this message with “CANCEL ORDER” with your order number in the subject field.

3. If you intend to fulfill your order please overnight your money order payable to JHCB, Inc. and a copy of your invoice to:

America the Beautiful
    P.O. Box 4189
    Kenmore, NY 14217

YOUR PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED BY MONDAY, APRIL 11TH OTHERWISE YOUR ORDER WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE CANCELED.
    THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS.

Sincerely,

Jack Hunt Coin Broker Inc.

i hope USPS gets it there by monday. image >>

I guess the JHCB declaration that 'orders not paid for in seven days will be canceled' when I ordered my set ain't true -or- JHCB doesn't want to waste / pay for(?) a pre-printed Fed-ex label.
  • PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    I just got the same nonpayment email from JH. My payment was in the mail a week ago via Priority....
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

When you mailed the MO, didn't you add delivery confirmation? It should have been there by now.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    5 oz Gettysburg & Glacier will be nice coins:

Loves me some shiny!
  • Doesn't sound like many are jumping on the additional sets available from DG. Are we all pucked out? Waiting for APMEX?
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>I just got the same nonpayment email from JH. My payment was in the mail a week ago via Priority.... >>

My buddy got the same message as well, only problem is he did pay and already received his set...Apparently they really have some issues...
    I really HATED sending a MO. Almost no recourse if they bungle the process.

And it sounds like they have bungled the process.

Come on JH, Take Order, Open Envelope, Pull MO, Match to order, Ship order.

There are stay at home Moms working an ebay business that run circles around JH.

Loves me some shiny!

• << <i>

<< <i>-----Dillon Gage Update---

Current News

................................ 3. Send bank wire for proper amount according to form. 4. If supply permits, delivery will be within 4-6 weeks. ............................
    >>

Am I missing something? They're going to keep your cash for 4-6 weeks & maybe you won't even get a set? And you can't call? What's wrong with this picture? image >>

"Send your Money in and maybe we might get a set or not. "

"We don't know how we will return your money if we run out."

They are f'n' Morons

• << <i>Doesn't sound like many are jumping on the additional sets available from DG. Are we all pucked out? Waiting for APMEX? >>

I've ordered so many sets now that they are all blending together. I find it quite humorous that each AP has a different method of buying and paying for these Bullion coins. Now some of the APs are changing their formats mid stride. I've never seen anything quite like this before. I think a lot of people really are tired of jumping through the hoops to obtain more of these sets. Even if it is a good deal, its become such a pain in the butt that its almost not worth it.
  • Dillon Gage has a stupid ordering process as the culprit behind slow sales.

It scares any potential customer with the 'black hole' of a Bank Wire without any recognition of a sales Contract.

You fax or email them a form, and without any acknowledgement of receipt of that Order Form mentioned, you just wire in funds and "hope" you get a set??

At least JHB stated that if you got an order number, a set was attached to it and it would be sent if payment was made in time.

Perhaps Dillon Gage will figure a way to unload them in time to participate in the next round?
    I just mailed DG a check. No bank wire from me.
    Form + Check or stick it.

Loves me some shiny!

• << <i>I just mailed DG a check. No bank wire from me.
    Form + Check or stick it. >>

I just mailed them the Form only.....just for fun. image
  • PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>

<< <i>Doesn't sound like many are jumping on the additional sets available from DG. Are we all pucked out? Waiting for APMEX? >>

I've ordered so many sets now that they are all blending together. I find it quite humerous that each AP has a different method of buying and paying for these Bullion coins. Now some of the APs are changing their formats mid stride. I've never seen anything quite like this before. I think a lot of people really are tired of jumping through the hoops to obtain more of these sets. Even if it is a good deal, its become such a pain in the butt that its almost not worth it. >>

I would love to jump on a DG set but the no credit card thing is kind of hampering that. And the hoop jumping is kind of getting tiring, but that's not really a huge deterrent to me. I do wonder though....might I be going through the pain to do a bankwire only to see the remaining get dumped on ebay a week later where I can use my ebay bucks and credit card through paypal?

It is quite humorous to see the various ways of selling these. It is ridiculous that it took these guys 3+ months to figure out how to sell these, only to come up with their current systems..... And oh the irony....that the AP best setup to do a retail sale has barely sold at all (and it's the first word in this thread).
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Dillon Gage has a stupid ordering process as the culprit behind slow sales.

It scares any potential customer with the 'black hole' of a Bank Wire without any recognition of a sales Contract.

You fax or email them a form, and without any acknowledgement of receipt of that Order Form mentioned, you just wire in funds and "hope" you get a set??

At least JHB stated that if you got an order number, a set was attached to it and it would be sent if payment was made in time.

Perhaps Dillon Gage will figure a way to unload them in time to participate in the next round? >>

After I wired my $ for a set from Dillon Gage, I emailed the gentleman who sent the wire instructions to me and he confirmed receipt of my funds. Try that!
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    I find it odd that no one is commenting on the mintages announced for Getty/glacier.....126,500
    Possibly more depending on demand and availability of blanks.

That is GREAT news for people who got in on the 2010's
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The DG set I got was junk and poorly packaged! Passsss......
    Amark, hands down, is my winner in the AP puck sales competition.

Excellent web sales model, immediate payment required, they are done and out. No muss, no fuss. (Excellent slabbing and packaging, too)

As opposed to the emerging JHCB sales.

JHCB came out of the gate hard with a web sale, but did not have an immediate payment requirement, a downfall leading to the confusion experienced now.

Apmex has got to turn on their website soon modified to allow one per purchase, otherwise it's going to get stinky.

• illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just got the same nonpayment email from JH. My payment was in the mail a week ago via Priority.... >>

I just got the same email. Sent my payment Priority to them last week and the confirmation number says they received it on 3/30... I replied to their email with the same information. Hopefully I get these coins!

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With sales languishing like this, a serious question:
    If the pucks had come out, oh, last August 26 with silver just north of $19, and AVAILABLE IN UNLIMITED QUANTITIES, would they have sold as many as 33,000 set of the 2010 coins?

Or was it the perceived rarity that sold this many?

TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

<< <i>With sales languishing like this, a serious question:
    If the pucks had come out, oh, last August 26 with silver just north of $19, and AVAILABLE IN UNLIMITED QUANTITIES, would they have sold as many as 33,000 set of the 2010 coins?

TD >>

I think it's the mint directed price that has sold a bunch of these coins.

C'mon $50 oz Ag!!!!!!
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>I find it odd that no one is commenting on the mintages announced for Getty/glacier.....126,500

That is GREAT news for people who got in on the 2010's >>

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>With sales languishing like this, a serious question:

TD >>

I think it's the mint directed price that has sold a bunch of these coins.

C'mon $50 oz Ag!!!!!! >>

But if there was no scarcity, they would have sold as bullion at essntially the Mint-imposed pricing.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The DG set I got was junk and poorly packaged! Passsss...... >>

I was going to pass also but then I started thinking. Silver is listed at $39.88/ounce (Kitco) right now and climbing. With the wire transfer fee I am looking at $963 or $38.52/ounce. Plus all 3300 sets can't be junk. I do not see very much down side.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I tried to get one from them a couple of days ago (don't ask me why) and they said they would not even put me on a list so now I don't want another set as I am all pucked out.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I find it odd that no one is commenting on the mintages announced for Getty/glacier.....126,500

That is GREAT news for people who got in on the 2010's >>

Land of the Free because of the Brave!

I think those 126,500 coins is going to disappear in a hurry. They will be bought up by the monster box and put away. This will cause the price

of the 2010's to rise quickly,especially, the high graded ones. We as small buyers will have a hard time getting the 2011's because the AP's will

favor the big time buyers again with the no limit deal.
  • aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think we might have found the APMEX connection.....or SOME connection anyway..

EEEK >>

They take Visa.

Removed!
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aron - Please don't SPAM this Forum

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

<< <i>Aron - Please don't SPAM this Forum

Wondercoin >>

I wont :-)
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Wondercoin >>

I wont :-) >>

Then you should edit your previous spam image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Dillon Gage has a stupid ordering process as the culprit behind slow sales.

Perhaps Dillon Gage will figure a way to unload them in time to participate in the next round? >>

After I wired my $ for a set from Dillon Gage, I emailed the gentleman who sent the wire instructions to me and he confirmed receipt of my funds. Try that! >>

Don,

Why did someone send wiring instructions to you? The PDF order form you have to print and fill has the instructions on it. Was it a different process when you ordered? I'm getting ready to send in mine and am curious.

Thanks

Bob
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969

<< <i>

<< <i>

After I wired my $ for a set from Dillon Gage, I emailed the gentleman who sent the wire instructions to me and he confirmed receipt of my funds. Try that! >>

Don,

Why did someone send wiring instructions to you? The PDF order form you have to print and fill has the instructions on it. Was it a different process when you ordered? I'm getting ready to send in mine and am curious.

Thanks

Bob >>

Bob... I never saw an order form for Dillon Gage. I received a phone call from them saying the coins were available.... I guess I was on their list to call. When I called them back, the gentleman gave me the details & cost and asked for my email address so he could send me the payment instructions. He sent them while we were on the phone talking and later that day I wired the funds.
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL

• << <i>

I was going to pass also but then I started thinking. Silver is listed at $39.88/ounce (Kitco) right now and climbing. With the wire transfer fee I am looking at $963 or $38.52/ounce. Plus all 3300 sets can't be junk. I do not see very much down side. >>

However, a decent set can be turned into junk with poor handling and packaging. image
  • chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    Re DG, other posters raised some good points and red flags on their ordering process.

I sent an email to them and asked them:

1) Do I get a confirmation of my wired funds?

2) If I don't get a set, how do you refund my money? Wired back to my bank? How long will it take to get a refund?

Someone mentioned they have our money for 4-6 weeks, interest free. The more I think about all this, the madder I get. Also the Mint for their collusion with APs and the selling process.

Why are these APs taking money or putting customers on a list? Either they have the ATBs in stock or they don't. Am I missing something here? I would look through previous posts, but it would take months. image

I'm at the point of buying a graded set on the Bay instead of this hassle. I realize I'm coming into this late and appreciate the replies.

BTW, I find it amusing that Hanlon is testifying about the Mint's bullion program. He should be on the other side of the table and explain his unethical ordering process. Just my three cents...

Bob

Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969

• << <i>The DG set I got was junk and poorly packaged! Passsss...... >>

Maybe...but junk worth $1006.75 in the oven (spot now at $40.27)
  • ad removed

I didn't know that it was allowed to incorporate product ads right in the message text for an appropriate thread..

I'll have to remember that for my items for sale.....

<< <i>

<< <i>As promised...
    HUGE ATB eBay Sale THIS WEEKEND - NO RESERVE AUCTIONS >>

I didn't know that it was allowed to incorporate product ads right in the message text for an appropriate thread..

I'll have to remember that for my items for sale..... >>

You know betterimage

Wondercoin >>

<< <i>

Maybe...but junk worth $1006.75 in the oven (spot now at $40.27) >>

True datimage

• << <i>You know better >>

imageimageimageimageimage
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Wondercoin >>

image >>

image10 PUCK FRIDAY WOOHOO Just got a call from fedex wanting to make sure I would be home to sign for jack hunt between 10 and noon. Enjoyimage Didn't open the fidelitrade yet
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

<< <i>

<< <i>

Wondercoin >>

image >>

image10 PUCK FRIDAY WOOHOO Just got a call from fedex wanting to make sure I would be home to sign for jack hunt between 10 and noon. Enjoyimage Didn't open the fidelitrade yet >>

He also "spammed" MTB @ 90 Broad St with his posse of beards & coats
    My Jack Hunts are on the mule train. Now they are now in Kansas. I had thought they were going Fed Ex air but no it's Fed ex ground.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file