Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>My Tracking Info for my CNT set says it was shipped March 30th from Mass. and was supposed to arrive in California for me on April 1st. But when I check on USPS it STILL says its in Mass. >.< FML! >>

It's going via Registered mail which is very slowwww. It won't update on the USPS website till it gets to your local sorting facility. It's not still in Mass. but on a armed and secure mule train somwhere in fly-over country. I bet you get it in the next 2-3 days. >>

Man I hope you are right. I need this set to come in soon so I can FINALLY mail out a few sets to PCGS all in one box to save on shipping. lol. >>

There was a problem of some kind I think it was the ability to ship express or something if you shipped 3 sets due to the weight. I shipped 11 or 12 coins and they mentioned I was just under the weight limit if I remember right, check with USPS its a pain like the tag agency to get there and have to leave and come back.
  • My Jack hunts are on their way come on 69 DMPL`s!!!!!
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So I have been inYosemite for two days now taking some great pics of the real life puc. Some people wondered why the parks would not opt for selling these coins. I am happy they are not. The park is wonderful but the main gift shop is a sorry excuse for a flea market. These would have no market or respect here. Will post a photo when I get home. >>

I would disagree with your description of the "main gift shop," its a national park, not Rodeo Drive. Anyway, there are other gift shops that sell higher priced merchandise in almost all the parks, the question becomes who owns/runs them, such as the Awhahnee Hotel gift shop which is operated by Delaware North. I agree that it would be a nightmare for the National Park system to take on selling these in any manor other than internet only sales probably using the mint's online store technology and distribution system as the basis for selling. They would probably only end up in the park if the individual gift shop decided to order directly from whoever was selling and then marked them up, but probably not sold directly by the park itself.
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Anyone get their Jack Hunt coins? How is the packaging? How is the quality?
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a followup email, alledgedly from Jack Hunt, saying that my shipping notice of Apr. 4th was in error, that the shipment won't be for up to another 6 weeks, and that the same FedEx labels will still be used that have the confirmation number I already received from FedEx.

Did anyone else get that?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

• << <i>I got a followup email, alledgedly from Jack Hunt, saying that my shipping notice of Apr. 4th was in error, that the shipment won't be for up to another 6 weeks, and that the same FedEx labels will still be used that have the confirmation number I already received from FedEx.

Did anyone else get that? >>

Yup, been discussed in the posts above.

I received the same email but my package shipped yesterday (2 days later than scheduled) and is now in my local FedEx distrib. center
    "on schedule" for delivery tomorrow

I assume they needed to verify payment before shipping...they did...they shipped
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    I received my Jack Hunt Set yesterday.

However, i'm still unsure if I should open it or sell it sealed.

Wanted to know if others received theirs and if they chose to - opended them to examine the coins and packaging?????
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Mine left Buffalo and are now in Ohio on their way here to Albuquerque for scheduled delivery on the 9th which will not happen because it's Saturday.

Now they have left Ohio so maybe I will get a delivery tomorrow even though it says the 9th.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Certified Mail with my Money Order was received on Mar. 28th, and I received the FedEx notification on Apr. 4th, but my FedEx Tracking inquiry shows no movement. If I happen to get my set today or tomorrow, I'll tear into it and let ya'll know how it looks.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>I received my Jack Hunt Set yesterday.

However, i'm still unsure if I should open it or sell it sealed.

Wanted to know if others received theirs and if they chose to - opended them to examine the coins and packaging????? >>

Come on fraction, ya gotta read the posts...My buddies set arrived yesterday. Basically a box withinin a larger box. The coins were individually packaged in manilla bubble wrappers ID'ed on the outside, YO, HS etc No Capsules. I didn't spend alot of time looking at them, but the yosemite had lots of die polish.

Also, guys recheck your original tracking, mine showed no movement, then last night gotta call from Fedex, automated message said delivery today, order # just above 250's. I rechecked the tracking because I've recently ordered lots of stuff and can't keep it all straight and it's a go...
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    7xx JH Order shows no movement.

Loves me some shiny!
  • MTB officially sold out per email from them this AM. In the on deck circle, I bet is APMEX who probably got blasted by all the other AP's for starting this 4 or 5 month sellathon and agreed to sell their remaining supply last. I would not be surprised if they have a truckload since they had at least 55 of the empty boxes to sell.
    Successful BST transactions with : Moderncoinmart,ebaytrader,ModCrewman,CharlieC,Lightcycler
    The coin vault had to have gotten all their coins from somewhere! It's coming down to Apmex.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>The coin vault had to have gotten all their coins from somewhere! It's coming down to Apmex. >>

And maybe the Gold Center, don't forget at most 250 by my estimate sold OTC...Where'd the other 2,750 go??? (assuming they had 3K)
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The coin vault had to have gotten all their coins from somewhere! It's coming down to Apmex. >>

Prudential has had low sighting numbers and very difficult to buy from. GC supposedly sold 600 sets.

I suspect Prudential and GC as being the source for the Coin Vault.

I think its going to be on like Donkey Kong when Apmex turns their site on again, modified to allow one purchase only.

My .02 for this morning.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I got a followup email, alledgedly from Jack Hunt, saying that my shipping notice of Apr. 4th was in error, that the shipment won't be for up to another 6 weeks, and that the same FedEx labels will still be used that have the confirmation number I already received from FedEx.

Did anyone else get that? >>

I got the same notice.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

And maybe the Gold Center, don't forget at most 250 by my estimate sold OTC...Where'd the other 2,750 go??? (assuming they had 3K) >>

Gold center article I love this article, and the comments left. Both sets from fidelitrade and jack hunt coming in on 10 puck friday for me. After I get the set from CNT than I am going to decide which if any get sent in.........................image I sure hope the mint does the right thing towards those AP's that hated to deal with the public............
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Raufus,
    Just keep checking the tracking number as you will not get another notice, but will able to see when fedex gets it . They have started shipping for real, my order number in the 500's should be here Sat
    Successful BST transactions with : Moderncoinmart,ebaytrader,ModCrewman,CharlieC,Lightcycler

<< <i>Raufus,
    Just keep checking the tracking number as you will not get another notice, but will able to see when fedex gets it . They have started shipping for real, my order number in the 500's should be here Sat >>

Hopefully Friday because they don't deliver on Saturday. Mine is in the same category.
  • chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    OK, I searched this mega-thread for ATB capsules and found nada.

Where can you buy capsules for these pucks? I ordered from Ftrade this morning and bubble wrap just won't do it for storage.

Thanks,

Bob
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Bob, Fidelitrade now shipping in airtites

<< <i>Bob, Fidelitrade now shipping in airtites >>

Great! Thanks.

Bob
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969

<< <i>OK, I searched this mega-thread for ATB capsules and found nada.

Where can you buy capsules for these pucks? I ordered from Ftrade this morning and bubble wrap just won't do it for storage.

Thanks,

Bob >>

I have some extras that I bought for $1.60 each if you need some. PM me.
    OT, just wondering what happened to Russ? He was the posting God on the board some years back.
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Just keep checking the tracking number as you will not get another notice, but will able to see when fedex gets it . They have started shipping for real, my order number in the 500's should be here Sat >>

you can have a notification sent to your email when fedex actually receives the package then you don't have to keep checking the tracking.

my order is in the 1400's and mine are in Ohio on their way to Chicago tomorrow.
  • I had 3 JH orders in mid 800's. All 3 on the road
  • PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    JH order in the 200s. MO sent Priority, not overnight. No shipment yet.

Chiefbob, Russ posts frequently on the boards but not in this thread.

Edited for spelling.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Raufus,
    Just keep checking the tracking number as you will not get another notice, but will able to see when fedex gets it . They have started shipping for real, my order number in the 500's should be here Sat >>

Hopefully Friday because they don't deliver on Saturday. Mine is in the same category. >>

Actually Fedex Home does deliver Sat., they don't deliver on Monday. Strange, I know, but I have gotten several shipments on Sat. There is Fedex Express, Fedex Ground, Fedex Home, Fedex Freight, and probably some others I have forgotten.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

Just received my CNTs. The MH & Yos are both DMPLs, other 3 are strong PLs. All either 68 or 69. Well packaged in Air-Tites. Beautiful coins. Great packaging - box within a box. So glad I ordered these. JHs are due tomorrow. It just might be time to get some grades. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>JH order in the 200s. MO sent Priority, not overnight. No shipment yet. >>

I sent my MO normal first class. JH order in the 800s. No shipment here yet either.
    CNT's website has been down for three days. I wonder what they're up to.
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,573 ✭✭✭
    Wanted to know if others received theirs and if they chose to - opended them to examine the coins and packaging?????

I think these are only in bubble wrap envelopes. Not sure if that is good for the coins long term. I will probably open mine. I have one Amark set that is still sealed. Not worried about that one.

• << <i>Just received my CNTs. The MH & Yos are both DMPLs, other 3 are strong PLs. All either 68 or 69. Well packaged in Air-Tites. Beautiful coins. Great packaging - box within a box. So glad I ordered these. JHs are due tomorrow. It just might be time to get some grades. image >>

Paladin if I remember correctly, you also live in San Diego as well as I do. So that means I should have gotten mine today! haha. Can't wait to see them when I get home. ^__^

<< <i>Just received my CNTs. The MH & Yos are both DMPLs, other 3 are strong PLs. All either 68 or 69. Well packaged in Air-Tites. Beautiful coins. Great packaging - box within a box. So glad I ordered these. JHs are due tomorrow. It just might be time to get some grades. image >>

No Ten Puck Friday For Me.... Fidelitrade set just showed up, the box is so small it fits into the palm of one hand. Guess I need to open it.......................................maybe............. imageimage

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Just received my CNTs. The MH & Yos are both DMPLs, other 3 are strong PLs. All either 68 or 69. Well packaged in Air-Tites. Beautiful coins. Great packaging - box within a box. So glad I ordered these. JHs are due tomorrow. It just might be time to get some grades. image >>

Paladin if I remember correctly, you also live in San Diego as well as I do. So that means I should have gotten mine today! haha. Can't wait to see them when I get home. ^__^ >>

They came registered, sig required. Hope someone is home, otherwise all you're going to get is the notice. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i> No Ten Puck Friday For Me.... Fidelitrade set just showed up, the box is so small it fits into the palm of one hand. Guess I need to open it.......................................maybe............. image >>

I tried to not open a Fidelitrade set. First, I put the package in a drawer. Then moved it to the top of the china hutch and from there into the back of a closet. Resolved not to open it, next I put it in the safety deposit box. Yet the package lurked and haunted me, it was like an Edgar Allen Poe story. So I retrieved it two weeks later from the SDB and opened it. I felt better after that. image

• << <i>

<< <i>JH order in the 200s. MO sent Priority, not overnight. No shipment yet. >>

I sent my MO normal first class. JH order in the 800s. No shipment here yet either. >>

So did I and my set is at my local FedEx facility on schedule for Friday delivery...

• << <i>

<< <i> No Ten Puck Friday For Me.... Fidelitrade set just showed up, the box is so small it fits into the palm of one hand. Guess I need to open it.......................................maybe............. image >>

I tried to not open a Fidelitrade set. First, I put the package in a drawer. Then moved it to the top of the china hutch and from there into the back of a closet. Resolved not to open it, next I put it in the safety deposit box. Yet the package lurked and haunted me, it was like an Edgar Allen Poe story. So I retrieved it two weeks later from the SDB and opened it. I felt better after that. image >>

Lol. I think they are worth far more if you open them anyways to see what you can get. Every coin would have to be horribley damaged to lose out if you open them.
  • I think we might have found the APMEX connection.....or SOME connection anyway..

EEEK
    -----Dillon Gage Update---

Current News

LIMITED QUANTITY AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL 5 OUNCE SILVER COIN SETS AVAILABLE:
    The following form must be utilized for placing orders. It contains complete instructions and information regarding pricing and payment. A limited number of sets are available on a first come, first served basis. We apologize but due to the high volume of our wholesale trading business, no phone orders will be accepted. Bank wires are the only payment form accepted. ATB Order Form Here (click on form to download.)

ORDER PROCESS:
    1. Print and complete attached form. 2. Return completed, signed form via email or fax. 3. Send bank wire for proper amount according to form. 4. If supply permits, delivery will be within 4-6 weeks. Reminder - Due to high wholesale trading volume, no phone calls will be accepted. Thank you.
    Jeez, bank wires only?
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think we might have found the APMEX connection.....or SOME connection anyway..

EEEK >>

Possible since I am wondering if APMEX will ever have another sale.

However, I feel fairly certain tGC has broken the agreement.

Who's to say it's not tGC ?

Who's to say it's not APMEX?

Who knows...

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

• << <i>Jeez, bank wires only? >>

Thanks for your info.

How do they know the wired money is from my order?
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
    good question.

I hate to call.

But I'll call and ask.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>

I tried to not open a Fidelitrade set. First, I put the package in a drawer. Then moved it to the top of the china hutch and from there into the back of a closet. Resolved not to open it, next I put it in the safety deposit box. Yet the package lurked and haunted me, it was like an Edgar Allen Poe story. So I retrieved it two weeks later from the SDB and opened it. I felt better after that. image >>

Now Thats Funny. Maybe I can hold out 1 day so I can Have a 10 Puck Fridayimage As far as the 100 sets on ebay nothing surprises me anymore. I really think only fools would order from a certain Ap that is left, knowing they had so much time to cherry pick................image I did the bank wire to MTB and had the same worries and was told by MTB we Know, so I would image your safe........

Link to My Registry Set.

• RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077
    My check to Dillon Gage cleared today. I did talk to them on Tuesday and they said shipments would start in mid-April.
    I guess they have a few coins for sale. Whichever AP sold them those should be ashamed of themselves and stopped from getting anymore

but we all know that is not going to happen as the mint doesn't really care . They got their money out of it.

If you buy those 100 sets, you get $200 in ebay bucks. Nice! I'll bet the coin vault will be all over this one.

• << <i> I really think only fools would order from a certain Ap that is left, knowing they had so much time to cherry pick. >>

But at the current POS, the ebay price for 20oz silver eagle is already ~$900.
    It is really not a bad deal for buying 25oz silver at below melt.
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Jeez, bank wires only? >>

Thanks for your info.

How do they know the wired money is from my order? >>

Make sure the bank reference field has your name in it.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Jeez, bank wires only? >>

Thanks for your info.

How do they know the wired money is from my order? >>

Make sure the bank reference field has your name in it. >>

1) put your name in the Ref. field
    2) Your name on the account will show in the info sent to them. (so make sure you wire from an account with your name on it)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file