Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ugh. Sounds like a nightmare. Some lucky folks have to examine 3000+ orders and make sure there are checks to go with them.... >>

If they prepackaged each box and stacked them in numerical order it would be easier to pull each box for shipment as they process each money order.
  • Options
    RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077
    Just got off the phone with Dillon Gage. They have received my check and plan to ship in mid-April. My order number is 2164**.
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    I never did a DG order. What do they require?

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077
    I got on DG phone list back in December and they called me last week to see if I wanted them. image

$937 delivered from DG.
  • Options
    I bet these were all ready to fly when they got word of someone (many I'm sure) that got a number and decided not to get the set....(posted on this thread)

They then put on the brakes and will now have to go through all the labels and match them with those who sent payment....

It just goes on and on with these haunted beasts....
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I got on DG phone list back in December and they called me last week to see if I wanted them. image

$937 delivered from DG. >>

Same here, don't call them, they'll call you.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options

<< <i>Just received the below E-mail:

IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM JACK HUNT COIN BROKER REGARDING FedEx SHIPPING CONFIRMATION NUMBERS

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE EMAIL

You are receiving this notice because you recently ordered a set of America the Beautiful 5 oz Silver Coins (ATBs) from Jack Hunt Coin Broker Inc (JHCB).

FedEx sent an email yesterday to each of our ATB customers with a shipping tracking number that stated that orders will ship Monday, April 4th.

THIS IS INCORRECT!!!...............>

I received the first email stating that fedex received shipping info but I have not received the above statement. My tracking number still says estimated friday delivery.

I'm sure it will be longer though.

On a side note.......I know this has been somewhat beat to death but, does fidelitrade still have sets? They are still making their application available online. I know some here have mentioned that the F-trade sets were real dogs but with current silver prices I'm tempted to snatch up another set.

Any thoughts?
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It just goes on and on with these haunted beasts.... >>

As Snagglepuss would say, "ain't it the truth, ain't it the truth!" (I know, I'm dating myself with this one)
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>

On a side note.......I know this has been somewhat beat to death but, does fidelitrade still have sets? They are still making their application available online. I know some here have mentioned that the F-trade sets were real dogs but with current silver prices I'm tempted to snatch up another set.

Any thoughts? >>

If you have the cash and want to buy 25 oz anyway, you can't go wrong! It's silver below spot even after shipping! Even if the coins end up being dogs it's still a good deal, and Fidelitrade seems to have upgraded their shipping packaging to Air-Tites.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>As Snagglepuss would say, "ain't it the truth, ain't it the truth!" (I know, I'm dating myself with this one) >>

Followed by "Heavens to Murgatroid, and then some. Exit stage left!!"

You are not alone...image
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    BTW... what the heck is going on at PCGS? My pucks have been languishing since March 11th waiting for grades.

Am I the only one waiting so long?
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>BTW... what the heck is going on at PCGS? My pucks have been languishing since March 11th waiting for grades.

Am I the only one waiting so long? >>

nope, mine entered on the 15th,

arms must be tired, nice to get what you paided for huh?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Any thoughts? >>

If you have the cash and want to buy 25 oz anyway, you can't go wrong! It's silver below spot even after shipping! Even if the coins end up being dogs it's still a good deal, and Fidelitrade seems to have upgraded their shipping packaging to Air-Tites. >>

Yeah I can't resist silver below spot. Check is in the mail. I hope they still have some left. I'm surprised they haven't sold out.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I bet these were all ready to fly when they got word of someone (many I'm sure) that got a number and decided not to get the set....(posted on this thread)

They then put on the brakes and will now have to go through all the labels and match them with those who sent payment....

It just goes on and on with these haunted beasts.... >>

don't look at me.

I was too busy debating the fine points of one sentence in the Legend market report.

I hope that if a set is received but not paid for, it would be paid for or returned at the seller's expense, of course, since it was their mistake.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Any thoughts? >>

If you have the cash and want to buy 25 oz anyway, you can't go wrong! It's silver below spot even after shipping! Even if the coins end up being dogs it's still a good deal, and Fidelitrade seems to have upgraded their shipping packaging to Air-Tites. >>

Yeah I can't resist silver below spot. Check is in the mail. I hope they still have some left. I'm surprised they haven't sold out. >>

This is why I'm speculating that there are less than 33,000 collectors out there.

Even with people buying multiples, APs still have inventory and are getting some pre-interest sales declined by the potential buyer.

ok... now tell me I'm wrong.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Any thoughts? >>

Yeah I can't resist silver below spot. Check is in the mail. I hope they still have some left. I'm surprised they haven't sold out. >>

I got 2 fidelatrade sets in the first round graded at pcgs they were some of the best DMPL`s and about 30% were 69`s the rest 68`s, so my daughter had to order another set. hope they are as good as the first.
  • Options

<< <i>BTW... what the heck is going on at PCGS? My pucks have been languishing since March 11th waiting for grades.

Regular is 15 days.

Maybe they are swamped.

I got mine faster because I sent them in Express for $50/each.

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    I believe you are right on the money....there are NOT 33,000 collectors out there.
    Most are here!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options

<< <i>Ugh. Sounds like a nightmare. Some lucky folks have to examine 3000+ orders and make sure there are checks to go with them.... >>

I wish it was a check, then it would be easier to find out if it was cashed.

I sent a money order. I have the receipt, but it'll be a bit more work proving who cashed it.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    silver under spot ----$980 melt for a set of 5.

how can you resist?
  • Options
    Jack Hunt now has a wait list going.

CNT's ATB website is currently down.....
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Just received CnT...packed in airtites.
    One has a minute scratch, others are flawless, no dings etc.
    I am a newbie so will not try to grade...kinda mirror like however, at least most of them.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    coinman420coinman420 Posts: 4,666
    i had my amark and fidelitrade sets(one each) graded at pcgs. all went 67-69 PL or DMPL and sold on ebay. those two sets paid for the coins, grading AND my MTB and CnT sets. thats 50 oz for freeimage i have a JH order that i hesitated in sending a check for... seeing the spot price i`ll be sending a check in the AM.image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    What do you think the long term 10+ year value will be on a set?

Same as other mint-created raritities that aren't rare. Melt plus a little. The superb pieces will be higher, of course.
  • Options
    chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    I've been away from coin collecting for a few years but now saw these on a silver ETF forum. After looking at all the Bay ads and the various grades, etc., do you think $3K is too much or just about right for a PCGS MS69 set? Seems like a lot of hairlines affecting the raw sets and the MS69s are scarce?

I'm well aware the set is way over spot melt, but the limited number of sets (33,000) and collector value intrigue me.

What say you?

Cheers!

Bob
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options

<< <i>I've been away from coin collecting for a few years but now saw these on a silver ETF forum. After looking at all the Bay ads and the various grades, etc., do you think $3K is too much or just about right for a PCGS MS69 set? Seems like a lot of hairlines affecting the raw sets and the MS69s are scarce?

I'm well aware the set is way over spot melt, but the limited number of sets (33,000) and collector value intrigue me.

What say you?

Cheers!

Bob >>

i`m all over these at the AP prices but would not pay retail for high grades.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options

<< <i>I've been away from coin collecting for a few years but now saw these on a silver ETF forum. After looking at all the Bay ads and the various grades, etc., do you think $3K is too much or just about right for a PCGS MS69 set? Seems like a lot of hairlines affecting the raw sets and the MS69s are scarce?

What say you?

Cheers!

Bob >>

Bob, it's rather complicated! You may be referring to die polish when you mention hairlines. Die polish is quite common with these. My understanding is that the TPGs will still grade MS69s with die polish, but they probably wouldn't give a PL or DMPL designation.

33,000 as low mintage? This has been a fun topic here. The announcement that these were going to be struck to 33,000 caused quite a stir in the community after the Mint had a hard time producing them in masse during 2010. It turns out that at this time, there may not be 33,000 collectors out there. However, we know that the Mint will make about 125k of the Gettysberg issue, which makes 33k look pretty small. The argument that some, including myself, are making is that the 2011s will be far easier to get and their strong designs may bring more series collectors into the fold. But it might not happen. Silver is getting pricey, and a high spot price in the future could deter a lot of series collectors.

One thing is certain right now: they are selling for below spot from the authorized purchasers due to a price fix back in December. I would certainly buy from an AP if you're looking to pick up the silver anyway. The numismatic value possibly realized later on is just a potential bonus. I would buy one directly from an AP right now. If you want a 69, I think it would be best to wait a while until more sets get graded (or submit coins you got from the APs to the graders).
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Eight ATBs received by PCGS on 3/16. Nadda since...
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    CoinCoinsCoinCoins Posts: 698 ✭✭✭
    got my MTB coins today... not exactly flawless. i'm not impressed.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Regular is 15 days.

Maybe they are swamped.

I got mine faster because I sent them in Express for $50/each. >>

I have two orders that arrived at PCGS on March 11 and one on March 18. I got the grades from the latter last week, one of the former today and one of the former is still pending. I called PCGS. They said to expect 17+ business days.

I thought that I had very carefully selected the coins for grading. One HS got a 64DM. I'm interested to see what I missed. I've not had any cherry picked coins grade less than 68. Oops.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Regular is 15 days.

Maybe they are swamped.

I got mine faster because I sent them in Express for $50/each. >>

I have two orders that arrived at PCGS on March 11 and one on March 18. I got the grades from the latter last week, one of the former today and one of the former is still pending. I called PCGS. They said to expect 17+ business days.

I thought that I had very carefully selected the coins for grading. One HS got a 64DM. I'm interested to see what I missed. I've not had any cherry picked coins grade less than 68. Oops. >>

I bet someone at PCGS dropped that coin that got a 64. LoL.
  • Options

<< <i>got my MTB coins today... not exactly flawless. i'm not impressed. >>

I've had the pleasure of opening over 10 sets of these ATB Coins and MTB was by far the worst of all of them.
  • Options
    Assuming that a person is not going to get these bullion coins graded, are Airtights pretty much the best way to store these long term?
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I called PCGS. They said to expect 17+ business days. . >>

Today is day 18 for me!
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>got my MTB coins today... not exactly flawless. i'm not impressed. >>

I've had the pleasure of opening over 10 sets of these ATB Coins and MTB was by far the worst of all of them. >>

• Options

<< <i>I believe you are right on the money....there are NOT 33,000 collectors out there.
    Most are here! >>

And what about all those "collectors" that have bought sets on Ebay and even HSN??? Everyday there are many raw sets sold and I doubt if a lot of them frequent this forum or even have a clue how to get them direct from an AP at below spot ...

Members of this forum have a MAJOR advantage over the uneducated collector (not a dig but a fact) when it comes to being on the ground floor with ANY issue....

If you know the Boston Marathon: with any Mint issue, members here are cresting Heartbreak Hill while the uninformed public are still ambling in Hopkinton
  • Options
    Pink Floyd said: "One thing is certain right now: they are selling for below spot from the authorized purchasers due to a price fix back in December. I would certainly buy from an AP if you're looking to pick up the silver anyway."

I've checked the major APs on the list from MTB and every one is sold out. Are all APs sold out of ATBs?

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

BTW, the Floyd is one of my favorites.

Cheers!
    Bob
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options
    Fidelitrade still has them listed as available....

I would think they would remove the application when they sold out....
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>Pink Floyd said: "One thing is certain right now: they are selling for below spot from the authorized purchasers due to a price fix back in December. I would certainly buy from an AP if you're looking to pick up the silver anyway."

I've checked the major APs on the list from MTB and every one is sold out. Are all APs sold out of ATBs?

Cheers!
    Bob >>

Try contacting Fidelitrade or visit their website...Worth a shot..
  • Options

<< <i>Fidelitrade still has them listed as available....

I would think they would remove the application when they sold out.... >>

Hmmm. On their order form: "Coins are of a bullion variety and will neither be encapsulated nor specially packaged. The coins may have minor scratches, abrasions, smudges, fingerprints or other imperfections."

I wonder how many customers got the coins with the problems mentioned? Sounds like the Mint sent the pucks in bulk form to the APs.

Still a good bargain under spot, though. Silver wants to hit $40 today.

Did you order from them? Any problems?

Thanks,
    Bob
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Pink Floyd said: "One thing is certain right now: they are selling for below spot from the authorized purchasers due to a price fix back in December. I would certainly buy from an AP if you're looking to pick up the silver anyway."

Cheers!
    Bob >>

Try contacting Fidelitrade or visit their website...Worth a shot.. >>

I just checked fidelitrades site and they are still taking applications.
    By the way, any of you looking to sell your barber dollars, I recommend listing them on the bay under 90% silver as a buy it now as casman told me to do.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I also think dillion gage will have more. My bet is ampex will have some for sale soon but they might be cherrypicked by now. Also anyone try calling prudential lately? The set I got from them is the best looking one I have received, and no I have not sent in any yet.Here is the number I had for prudential I would try calling at 9 eastern time, not sure if this is the right number but it will get you into prudential and you can ask.......................image 212-778-6667 Also was wondering what kind of fees did you have to pay on ebay and paypal for selling those? My local dealer offered me 150 cash and that was on friday. Might want to check with your local dealer to avoid the fees?
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I believe you are right on the money....there are NOT 33,000 collectors out there.
    Most are here! >>

And what about all those "collectors" that have bought sets on Ebay and even HSN??? Everyday there are many raw sets sold and I doubt if a lot of them frequent this forum or even have a clue how to get them direct from an AP at below spot ...

Members of this forum have a MAJOR advantage over the uneducated collector (not a dig but a fact) when it comes to being on the ground floor with ANY issue....

If you know the Boston Marathon: with any Mint issue, members here are cresting Heartbreak Hill while the uninformed public are still ambling in Hopkinton >>

It's my opinion that many of these coins, sold in the secondary market, excluding the absurdly priced ones, are being bought by flippers and dealers.
    I also think you're underestimating the volume of non-posting readers of this forum.
  • Options
    MTB were the worst graded coins I received The fidelatrade coins graded the best for DM and PL and A-mark graded the best for 69`s. I recommend both A-mark and fideatrade, you will have to go to ebay or individuals for amark coins .
  • Options
    CoinCoinsCoinCoins Posts: 698 ✭✭✭
    yeah i planned on getting the MTB's graded, but there's no point. there's rub all over them, and two of them almost look like they were cleaned. just bullion.............
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you know the Boston Marathon: with any Mint issue, members here are cresting Heartbreak Hill while the uninformed public are still ambling in Hopkinton

That's a pretty good analogy, Boucharda.

Also anyone try calling prudential lately? The set I got from them is the best looking one I have received, and no I have not sent in any yet.Here is the number I had for prudential I would try calling at 9 eastern time, not sure if this is the right number but it will get you into prudential and you can ask....................... 212-778-6667

Tommy, I called that number and that is a different trading dept. I was re-directed to call 212-778-4654 which I did, and I got the same recording that Prudential put up over a month ago saying that they had "suspended sales indefinitely". That's been their story ever since they had those two 2-hour phone offerings about a week apart. I think that they are still sitting on a pile and trying to figure out how to dump them all in one transaction.

When I talked to Dillon Gage the other day, the guy told me that they aren't taking any more names, and that their list was compiled and run as a "batch" so they couldn't add to the list. I had called them in December, but they weren't even ready to take names at that point. I'm thinking that once they finish their first round of shipments, they might have another ordering window open up, briefly. So, with Dillon Gage it seemed to be a matter of good timing and not much else.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Just goes to show there's a lot of difference between these sets/ APs.

My MTB set graded three 69s and two 68s.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    APMEX has the 5 oz Monster Boxes available for sale...$50

5 oz ATB Monster Box
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>APMEX has the 5 oz Monster Boxes available for sale...$50

5 oz ATB Monster Box >>

If you go to the "read more" link for the ATB monster box it says they have 54 in stock.

Yesterday Apmex had 55 monsters in stock, big sellers, eh? image
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apmex? Hmmmmm........I remember that name from somewhere.........oh, I remember - I used to be one of their bullion customers.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file