Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Wow. SO silver is at $38.50 right now. Makes me wonder what silver will be at when the Mint finaly releases the NM Version of the pucks. Its going to cost all kinds of monies! >>

From the other thread: April 28th...for puck #1
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Wow. SO silver is at $38.50 right now. Makes me wonder what silver will be at when the Mint finaly releases the NM Version of the pucks. Its going to cost all kinds of monies! >>

From the other thread: April 28th...for puck #1 >>

Which other thread? I thought this was the king of all threads?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Which other thread? I thought this was the king of all threads? >>

You know...the wannabee thread image
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

You know...the wannabee thread image >>

Like a patient rookie...its time to shine may yet come.

got my eBay MTB set in a timely manner.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

MTB - Ebay - First Round - Delivered today.image

That was the fastest by far.

Nothing in the box rattles or clunks so that must be a good thing.imageimage
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So I just received Fedex tracking info for my Jack Hunt set. It'll be arriving Wednesday.

There's one problem tho.... I NEVER PAID FOR IT!

I went to the website and created a form the day they were available, but that's it!!!!! I never sent payment!

What are the chances a set will actually turn up at my doorstep? >>

Money for nothin and yer' chicks for freeimage
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

My CnT coins arrived today. They were packed well. I don't see any that are DMPL but they are decent coins. Will probably grade MS69 PL.

Anybody need 12 well worn barber halfs? 10 different dates or mintmarks
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>MTB - Ebay - First Round - Delivered today.image

That was the fastest by far.

Nothing in the box rattles or clunks so that must be a good thing.imageimage >>

My 3rd round MTBs were delivered today...... To my Dads house! I wont get to see them till the weekend!

How good/bad are yours?
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options

How good/bad are yours?

I am leaving this box sealed unless I get another.

For all the 69DMPL that have been graded there are only a handful on Ebay. Where are they all?
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

Apparently APMEX has quite a few empty monster boxes for sale.

APMEX monster boxes

Maybe it's a sign they're finally getting around to unloading their remaining inventory. (Yawn). image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>Apparently APMEX has quite a few empty monster boxes for sale.

APMEX monster boxes

Maybe it's a sign they're finally getting around to unloading their remaining inventory. (Yawn). image >>

I bet the coins went to the TV coin vault all thats left is the empty box.
  • Options

<< <i>

APMEX monster boxes

Maybe it's a sign they're finally getting around to unloading their remaining inventory. (Yawn). image >>

I bet the coins went to the TV coin vault all thats left is the empty box. >>

If they sold them to the coin vault they would have sold them still sealed in the monster boxes not taken them out because thats the way the coin vault buys them and ships them to NGC sealed.
  • Options

Trip 5's image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

APMEX monster boxes

I bet the coins went to the TV coin vault all thats left is the empty box. >>

If they sold them to the coin vault they would have sold them still sealed in the monster boxes not taken them out because thats the way the coin vault buys them and ships them to NGC sealed. >>

That sounds reasonable just don't think they have any left for sale or they plan on selling only graded coins but should have seen those by now.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So I just received Fedex tracking info for my Jack Hunt set. It'll be arriving Wednesday.

There's one problem tho.... I NEVER PAID FOR IT!

I went to the website and created a form the day they were available, but that's it!!!!! I never sent payment!

What are the chances a set will actually turn up at my doorstep? >>

Free Silverimage

I guess you will get to preview them and cherry pick them before you return themimage

I think that the Ms was looking for another set... >>

I think I have my last set.

I need to mail a check to CnT sometime this week. It was too crazy of a day today and I missed sending it, but I think I can mail it tomorrow.

Thanks to you all for keeping me in mind, and trying to help.

I actually think don will get a set. My money is on him receiving it over not. maybe 75%/25%

That's some cost basis you'd have there.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>My CnT coins arrived today. They were packed well. I don't see any that are DMPL but they are decent coins. Will probably grade MS69 PL.

Anybody need 12 well worn barber halfs? 10 different dates or mintmarks >>

Can't help but wonder what kind of poorman's collection could be put together from these Barbers they are sending everyone
    (is it everyone? Has anyone gotten something other than a Barber Half?)

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

You know...the wannabee thread image >>

Hey...

It's **Official** ....

didn't you LQQK ????

• Options

<< <i>Forgive me if this has already been covered, but, has anyone dropped an unencapsulated puck on a hard floor yet?

I'll bet they get a really JUMBO rim ding! if they hit right... >>

I was thinking the same thing today.

Monster sadness will follow that monster ding.

• Options

<< <i>How good/bad are yours?

I am leaving this box sealed unless I get another.

For all the 69DMPL that have been graded there are only a handful on Ebay. Where are they all? >>

HSN and CSN imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    We had preselling on the 2010 ATB 5oz coins now I see prebuying for the 2010-P 5 ounce silver bullion coins, paying $1600 for 5 coin set, $1700 per set for groups of 5. This was in the numismatic news today. I wonder if we can get prepaid ???
  • Options
    coasterfancoasterfan Posts: 1,302

<< <i>We had preselling on the 2010 ATB 5oz coins now I see prebuying for the 2010-P 5 ounce silver bullion coins, paying $1600 for 5 coin set, $1700 per set for groups of 5. This was in the numismatic news today. I wonder if we can get prepaid ??? >>

How can there be pre-buying if the Mint price is not yet known?
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>We had preselling on the 2010 ATB 5oz coins now I see prebuying for the 2010-P 5 ounce silver bullion coins, paying $1600 for 5 coin set, $1700 per set for groups of 5. This was in the numismatic news today. I wonder if we can get prepaid ??? >>

How can there be pre-buying if the Mint price is not yet known? >>

Thats what surprised me also. But it looks like they expect them to sell at about the same price as the 2010 bullion coins.
  • Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

APMEX monster boxes

I got my monster box for $27.00 + $10.00 shipping from CnT on eBay, I am quite happy with it, it is impressive how strong all the plastic is. A nice piece to add to my collection.

Edit: It was Hot Springs, and on the box in permanent marker was the #20, was it the 20th box of Hot Springs made, or the 20th box CnT received?
  • Options

It wasn't the 20th box they received because I got one too, also from CNT. Mine was Yosemite, number 1054. Is it possible the number on the box indicates the order they were filled at the mint? If so, then CNT would have had some of the first Hot Springs made. Real First Strikes!

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the Fedex shipping notice was bunk. I've had no pick-up of my order yet, just the same notice everyone else got. No free pucks if you didn't pay either.....
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like the Fedex shipping notice was bunk. I've had no pick-up of my order yet, just the same notice everyone else got. No free pucks if you didn't pay either..... >>

I was just going to say the same thing.....FedEx received the electronic info but not the packages. I think the 4/6 delivery date is toast
  • Options
    I wonder why they would not release them? Maybe they read this thread.
  • Options
    yes, maybe they decided to double check the shipping list against the paid list.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    JHCB puck orders that weren't paid for in seven days from date of order were supposed to be canceled. Guess not. image
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>yes, maybe they decided to double check the shipping list against the paid list. >>

I PROMISE to send back my unpaid set if they ship it to me. No, really! image
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options

I just sold my 12 barber halfs on ebay for $165 thanks to casmans suggestion . I put them on under 90% silver and was overwhelmed with

offers. So I am happy to get rid of them as I sure did not need them.
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    My buddies Jack Hunts are on the truck for delivery.

• Options
    sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    Anyone notice argentum is heading to the 39-dollar level. Makes these current purchases a deal!
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone notice argentum is heading to the 39-dollar level. Makes these current purchases a deal! >>

It just hit $39.02 on kitco!
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the Mint does sell the special edition pucks at anything close to spot...there's going to be a circus of historoic proportions on the Mint switchboard/internet site that day!
  • Options
    Probably no worse than usual.
  • Options

<< <i>If the Mint does sell the special edition pucks at anything close to spot...there's going to be a circus of historoic proportions on the Mint switchboard/internet site that day! >>

I am sure they are waiting until the last possible minute to price these beasts....Probably get priced on the 20-21st (and I seriously doubt that they will be anywhere near spot)
  • Options
    I am betting they will be about 40% over whatever spot is when they finally price it!
  • Options

<< <i>I am betting they will be about 40% over whatever spot is when they finally price it! >>

That would be such a joke after what went on with the AP's. If I were them I would be some p.o. at the mint.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>If the Mint does sell the special edition pucks at anything close to spot...there's going to be a circus of historoic proportions on the Mint switchboard/internet site that day! >>

I am sure they are waiting until the last possible minute to price these beasts....Probably get priced on the 20-21st (and I seriously doubt that they will be anywhere near spot) >>

I agree that they will not be anywhere near spot price, I say they are going to be priced at december prices of 29 and oz. These coins were all made last year, and per the rules to the AP's they were allowed to charge 10 percent above the price they paid. At that time spot price was 29 bucks, I think if the mint comes out and over price these that the AP's have every right to be ticked off. These should be priced for last years silver, not todays.image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

<< <i> At that time spot price was 29 bucks, I think if the mint comes out and over price these that the AP's have every right to be ticked off. These should be priced for last years silver, not todays.image >>

I hope you are right but it is 99% not possible that the Mint will based on last year's POS to set the price.
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    It would be a great slice of irony if the five numismatic coins ended up costing us $1395!
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> At that time spot price was 29 bucks, I think if the mint comes out and over price these that the AP's have every right to be ticked off. These should be priced for last years silver, not todays.image >>

I hope you are right but it is 99% not possible that the Mint will based on last year's POS to set the price. >>

"Pigasus" = Flying Pig
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeez... I have to read both threads to keep up on the numismatic version. It looks like this Mega Thread will end up covering both.

I mailed a letter to the mint yesterday discussing both versions of the pucks. I suggested that they look into a few of the AP's sales. I mentioned the stalling of the mint releasing the numismatic coins that were minted months ago and the fact that silver has increase $10+ since then. I also expressed my opinion of their releasing the 2010 pucks one at a time.

I doubt that it will change anything but I do look forward to reading the reply.
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    Just received the below E-mail:

IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM JACK HUNT COIN BROKER REGARDING FedEx SHIPPING CONFIRMATION NUMBERS

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE EMAIL

You are receiving this notice because you recently ordered a set of America the Beautiful 5 oz Silver Coins (ATBs) from Jack Hunt Coin Broker Inc (JHCB).

FedEx sent an email yesterday to each of our ATB customers with a shipping tracking number that stated that orders will ship Monday, April 4th.

THIS IS INCORRECT!!!

While some orders will ship this week most will not and will go out within the next four weeks. Retain the tracking number you received from FedEx, this will be your tracking number. You will be able to periodically check to see when your order does ship. You will not receive an email from either FedEx or JHCB when your package is in transit.

Note The Following:

1. The email from FedEx is in no way a verification that your payment was received. IF PAYMENT WAS NOT RECEIVED YOUR ORDER WILL NOT SHIP.

2. The FedEx labels we have will be used once we verify order payment is received and order is prepared for shipment.

3. If you canceled your order after receiving email from FedEx the order will not ship.

4. Retain the confirmation number you received from FedEx. You will be able to use it to track your package when your order does ship.

5. As stated in our ATB sales terms and conditions, orders can take up to six weeks from date of purchase for delivery

6. JHCB will not respond to email inquires regarding order shipping status.

7. JHCB is unable to verify receipt of payments. If there is a problem with your payment you will hear from us by early next week.

We apologize for the confusion and appreciate your understanding.

Thank you,

JACK HUNT COIN BROKER INC.

America the Beautiful - P.O. Box 4189 - Kenmore NY 14217

• Options
    Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    I was just about to post this same email I received. Looks like we'll be waiting a bit longer for our 5 ounce Jack Hunt sets.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Hey, I got one of those JHCB emails too! What a fustercluck. image
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Ugh. Sounds like a nightmare. Some lucky folks have to examine 3000+ orders and make sure there are checks to go with them....

Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like if you didn't pay they won't ship
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file