Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Jack Hunt still has about 1500 sets to go.
  • Options

I received an e-mail this morning from MTB since I had purchased from them before. That was with the other seller ID, mtbwanb, and that was for a Fidlitrade set that I bot a few weeks ago. Maybe it was an employee or something but it got me on the list. Snagged another set and received $22 in Ebay bucks while I was at it.
  • Options
    I slept through the whole MTB sale,I had already ordered a set from them and it was the worst set I got from all the other AP`s hope yours are better. I did get a jack hunt and f-trade set yesterday .
  • Options

<< <i>I snagged the last set...image >>

smart move!
  • Options
    MTB edited the listing several times including this AM, so I am sure they are aware of sell out.
    If you missed the auction, I would bet round 2 will be soon.
    Successful BST transactions with : Moderncoinmart,ebaytrader,ModCrewman,CharlieC,Lightcycler
  • Options
    How about that !
    MTB round 2 has started!!
    Successful BST transactions with : Moderncoinmart,ebaytrader,ModCrewman,CharlieC,Lightcycler
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

And so the madness continues! image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
  • Options
    98 to go!
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I guess this has already been mentioned.

MTB is offering there sets for $1025 on EBAY. One per household limit.

MTB

Funny thing is I bot a Fidelitrade set from them under another Ebay name. I think it was mtbwanb? >>

From the auction:

From our previous listing we see that some people have purchased more than 1 set to the same household. We do

make sure that we fulfil the U.S.Mint requirements to not sell more than one to a household by checking

for duplicate names and addresses, therefore we will need to cancel those duplications.

Please be aware that using multiple ebay accounts does not constitute a separate household.

In addition we will only ship to PayPal certified addresses and we cannot ship to P.O. Boxes.

• Options

<< <i>How about that !
    MTB round 2 has started!! >>

Wow they are definatly dumping everything asap. I wonder how many they had left before they started the ebay dump?

MTB Round 2 Link
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>How about that !

Wow they are definatly dumping everything asap. I wonder how many they had left before they started the ebay dump?

MTB Round 2 Link >>

The reason for the dump.

The good news will be that no more will be coming on the market.

The bad is this will temporarily drive down the price for raws sets.

Per NN:

Once an AP has certified to the Mint in writing on its letterhead that it has sold all of its share of the 33,000 sets sold by the Mint last year, it will be free to enter the secondary market to buy additional supplies in numbers and at prices that are not subject to Mint scrutiny or control.

This certification also is a required step for the AP to participate in the 2011 program.

• Options
    << I guess this has already been mentioned. MTB is offering there sets for $1025 on EBAY. One per household limit. MTB Funny thing is I bot a Fidelitrade set from them under another Ebay name. I think it was mtbwanb? >>

Sorry, I didn't read the e-mail notice carefully enough. There is no connection between MTB and MTBWANB. The seller MTBWANB was just giving his past customers a heads up. Nice touch I must add.
  • Options
    10 sold in 30 minutes in round 2.
    Predictions for a round 3 ?
  • Options

I can hardly wait for all these AP's to be sold out so we will know where we stand but it is not all bad with them being sold for what silver is going for now.
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>How about that !

MTB Round 2 Link >>

They are still using my picture image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>How about that !

MTB Round 2 Link >>

They are still using my picture image >>

LoL. You can actually complain to Ebay and they will pull down MTB's auction for possible copyright violations of using another ebay member's posted pics.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>How about that !

MTB Round 2 Link >>

but your picture is made using photos made by other people.

that's copyright violation, too.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    OK. Guess it's official:

( Courtesy to epcjimi1 )

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    A buddy just went JHCB @ $949- JHCB is up to order #156X.
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    The fat lady is certainly singing to the folks selling raw sets on ebay. At least until next month.

Now that the great AP shakeout is occuring.....where are APMEX and Prudential?
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>How about that !

MTB Round 2 Link >>

that's copyright violation, too. >>

Actually, if I can recall the copyright laws correctly. As long as you altered an original image more then 10% to make it into a new image, that's ok and you can then copyright that new image yourself. Something like that. So since he isn't using an identical image from someone else, its actually his own creation using other images, its fine. But MTB ripping the exact image is a copyright violation.
  • Options

<< <i>OK. Guess it's official:

( Courtesy to epcjimi1 ) >>

Thar She Blows!!

(Courtesy to another member who I can't recall)
  • Options

<< <i>They would not have given you an order number and asked you to send a money order if you were not going to get a set. >>

Thanks pitboss. Despite this knowledge now, I just bought an EBay MTB set rather than go thru the 'JackHunt Hoop jumping' system

Why a No Brainer with MTB on EBay vs. JackHunt?:

- No need to buy a postal money order per the 'B.S. JackHunt Hoop jumping' system
    - No need for paying $5 to Priority Mail the order per the 'B.S. JackHunt Hoop jumping' system
    - After EBay bucks and Postage, the difference is only about $45-50 more with MTB
    - It is 200% less in mental 'hassel factor' per the 'B.S. JackHunt Hoop jumping' system
    - Just took 5 minutes to EBay order to MTB from Home!
    - Elimination of not knowing if my order gets in per the 'B.S. JackHunt Hoop jumping' system
    - No of protection of my funds per the 'B.S. JackHunt Hoop jumping' system
    - PayPal portection when I pay to MTB
    - Used Credit Card with MTB and got Points on Card ;>

• Options

That's a lot of hoops! image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>They would not have given you an order number and asked you to send a money order if you were not going to get a set. >>

Thanks pitboss. Despite this knowledge now, I just bought an EBay MTB set rather than go thru the 'JackHunt Hoop jumping' system

- No need to buy a postal money order per the 'B.S. JackHunt Hoop jumping' system
    - No need for paying $5 to Priority Mail the order per the 'B.S. JackHunt Hoop jumping' system
    - After EBay bucks and Postage, the difference is only about $45-50 more with MTB
    - It is 200% less in mental 'hassel factor' per the 'B.S. JackHunt Hoop jumping' system
    - Elimination of not knowing if my order gets in per the 'B.S. JackHunt Hoop jumping' system

image >>

Why a No Brainer to buy BOTH MTB and JACKHUNT!!!!!!!!

- Silver in any other form will cost you more right now...image
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

image >>

Wow You Really think that jack hunt was hoop jumping? Where have you been all this time. There were far worst stories of having to fill out pages and sending checks off only to be held for weeks. Plus standing in line for hrs in 20 degrees to be treated like criminals.What about dialing a phone for 2 hrs? And not getting thru? Took me all of 5 minutes to walk in the post office and get a money order and send in priority mail envelope. Done 956.15. Jack Hunt was easy compared to others. I guess we all have our own favorites and just like the coins we all received a different opinion on quality too. Its whatever floats your boat. Enjoyimage
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Jack Hunt was certainly one of the easiest. No SSNs being whisked off into mailland either.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    It would be poetic justice if APMEX loses some sales of the 2011 bullion pucks because they are late in unloading the 2010 pucks. I gotta believe that's what provoked Coins 'N Things and Jack Hunt to sell, and for MTB to unload on EBay.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options

<< <i>It would be poetic justice if APMEX loses some sales of the 2011 bullion pucks because they are late in unloading the 2010 pucks. I gotta believe that's what provoked Coins 'N Things and Jack Hunt to sell, and for MTB to unload on EBay. >>

Not to mention that's a lot of money being tied up, that they aren't making any gains on.

3000 pucks @ $1000 = $3,000,000 tied up in silver that IS NOT appreciating, because of the Govt.

If they would have dumped these puck FAST, in January, and rolled that $3 Million into silver at about $30 oz, they'd been up 20%, or $600,000.

Of course hind sight is 20 20 and I didn't put all my money in silver at $30, none the less, this IS their business, so it seems to me they missed the boat on this one. And most of us benifited. Hope they took notes. image

• Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    I want to get my most recent set graded, had my first done by NGC, but want PCGS this time. It seems like grading has gotten harder since the first grading of PL/DMPL. Do you think that once the 2011's come out and if they turn out to be worse or more die polished than the 2010's grading could ease? Of course if the mint changed something and all the 2011's look great that could change grading as well. Does grading work like this?
  • Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Well, I just opened my FideliTrade's, couldn't stand looking at the box any longer. There was what appears to be a strike through on the obverse of my Yosemite. I am most mad it is on the Yosemite, but if it is a strikethrough, is there any potential for value?

Edit: I mean any value above spot at all, not a premium for the error.

Also, would PCGS recognize it as a strike though if it is, and would it affect the grade? I noticed that NGC seems to grade strike troughs as 69's. This Yosemite is my nicest, so quite unfortunate.

Thanks >>

Have not yet seen any good errors yet. Depends on what the strike tru looks like, but PCGS would grade it as an error and depending upon the coin, it may be worth more than a 69 grade. Please post a picture >>

Thanks, I can't get a picture of it. It is very tiny and only about the size of a pencil lead tip but more of a jelly bean shape. It is more distracting than anything. Not what I would call a good error just poor quality control.
  • Options

<< <i>I want to get my most recent set graded, had my first done by NGC, but want PCGS this time. It seems like grading has gotten harder since the first grading of PL/DMPL. Do you think that once the 2011's come out and if they turn out to be worse or more die polished than the 2010's grading could ease? Of course if the mint changed something and all the 2011's look great that could change grading as well. Does grading work like this? >>

I personally don't think that the quality of the majority of the coins in the series should effect the way they grade. Its either a good quality coin or it isn't. It shouldn't matter if 90% of them are 69 quality. If its 69 quality its 69 quality period. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭
    Watch the MTB negatives roll in when they fail to ship in a timely manner! They were hostile when phoned or queried about the sets they previously sold. They aren't exactly customer friendly and eBay buyers are very, very demanding these days!! I wonder if they are selling the bottom of the barrel pucks they have left over? This will get interesting!
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Watch the MTB negatives roll in when they fail to ship in a timely manner! They were hostile when phoned or queried about the sets they previously sold. They aren't exactly customer friendly and eBay buyers are very, very demanding these days!! I wonder if they are selling the bottom of the barrel pucks they have left over? This will get interesting! >>

These suckers are priced at what silver eagles would go for for 25 pieces. IF silver continues this trend, this is an absolute no brainer.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>How about that !

MTB Round 2 Link >>

that's copyright violation, too. >>

Actually, if I can recall the copyright laws correctly. As long as you altered an original image more then 10% to make it into a new image, that's ok and you can then copyright that new image yourself. Something like that. So since he isn't using an identical image from someone else, its actually his own creation using other images, its fine. But MTB ripping the exact image is a copyright violation. >>

No use fighting over it, but I'm still in the violation camp because none of the individual images were altered. They were made into a collage that uses them each 100% naltered.

But, I don't see someone re-using the collage as a big deal. It's not like a personally made photo or a trueview. It's a stock set of photos taken from somewhere else (mint).

eh.

Anyway, it's an interesting turn that MTB is now offering them on eBay.

They could do this again for the next issues and completely hose all flippers.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>

image >>

-yes $1.50 saved
    -it cost me .44 to mail mine....It has a freakin week to get to NY....
    -no dispute
    -no hoops to jump...print a form, get a MO, mail it
    -10 min to print form, fill out, trip to USPS, done
    -order confirmed immediately with order number...no hoops jumped
    -funds protected by USPS until cashed appropriately
    -no dispute
    -no dispute

Still cost around $3 ounce less through JH

I guess it would make a difference if I lived in a foreign country but I live in MA...takes 1/2 days usually for 1st class to get to NY
  • Options

<< <i> They could do this again for the next issues and completely hose all flippers. >>

I don't think there will be much flipping of the 2011's anyway.....They should be treated like ASE bullion....EVERY dealer will have them for sale instead of just the elite AP's
  • Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭
    Got my neighbor to buy a set - then he informed me that he had a 10% off coupon, so after eBay Bucks ($20.50) Mr. Rebates ($30) and the coupon ($100) he is looking at $34.98 silver...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> They could do this again for the next issues and completely hose all flippers. >>

I don't think there will be much flipping of the 2011's anyway.....They should be treated like ASE bullion....EVERY dealer will have them for sale instead of just the elite AP's >>

The only one's that will be flipped are the 2010 because there is not that many of them that are going to be available. Don't forget not

everybody is going to part with the one's they have and there is only 33000 of them
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course, if these turn into strictly bullion - again the original intention - will they have a collector base or will there only be one for the P version?

I collect Proof and W Unc Buffs, not the business strike. Same for the ASEs and plats. I think that a lot of folks do the same.

People collect the darn'dest things. If there's potential profit in it, it'll be collected. Not many people collect Unc Plats, and lack of available funds is most certainly the reason that more people don't. But enough people do collect the unc versions that premiums have developed for even the most common ones.

When the Burnished AGEs were issued, the higher premium kept people away, and most people still preferred the proofs. Now, the Burnished AGEs are dominating the set in terms of price appreciation because of their significantly lower mintages.

The contrasting fields & devices on the Unc Plats make for an impressive coin, and that same type of contrast makes the regular issue Pucks quite attractive in the same way. The "collector version" Pucks with a satin finish will have a nice look as well - on a such a large coin surface, it might look pretty darned cool. But, the determining factor that will influence collectability is ultimately the profit potential - and for Modern Bullion, that is almost always determined by mintages.

Therefore, the regular 2010 Pucks will do just fine, over time. So will the "collector versions". The only kicker is whether or not 33,000 set collectors actually materialize to justify any numismatic premiums at all. Rising silver prices might thin the herd, but it also might bring in some more serious longterm investors and fund types. Falling silver prices might cause a mass exodus, resulting in lower mintages on subsequent issues. Anything can happen, and it'll be a couple years before we get a better handle on it.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    MTB Round 2 only has 18 left.....
  • Options
    Only 10 left now.

SOLD OUT!!!
  • Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>Round Three >>

And MTB wouldn't sell me a set in early March for $930 because "the price of silver is going up, call back next week. Click."

Looks like MTB had plenty to sell, just waiting for the ebay decision, no need for the MTB traders to mess with a $930 bullion order, no commission in that.

Edited - not that I'm bitter or anything. image
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    I liked the JackHunt over MTB.

JH was simple, fill four orders, ask four friends to use address, enter bank get four MO's, add $1.36 postage and your in at $38.18/oz

MTB was easier at $38.95/oz after ebay bucks and MrRebates but for only one set.

Either way it was good and I did both. Plus I'm sitting here staring at a proof seated dollar in cam from the last round of flipage.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    So... thanks to you guys.... I went and bought another MTB set! AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRHGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

I'm addicted!
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jack Hunt still has about 1500 sets to go. >>

1501 actually. I printed out the order form but won't be sending in my $
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just let myself get suckered in and bought MTB set on ebay....
    I have the JH set in the mid 400's, but, while I got the cash out to get the MO today, I didn't get the MO in time.
    Not sure if a cashier's check would work (which is what my credit union issues), so was going to wait until Monday to go to the post office.

Saw this update in the thread and, after deliberating for 20 minutes, looks like I bought in on round 3. Yep, it's ~$79 more expensive than the JH set, but I get $20.25 back in ebay bucks, just signed up for MrRebates (something about $5 signup and then 3% ($30.75) back on ebay....and, I could use my Amex for another 2% ($20.50) back. That's $1025-$20.50-$20.50-$5-$30.75=$948.25 vs $$949+$1.50 (USPS MO fee)+$0.44 (stamp).

So, I save about $3, at the end of it all, and may likely get them sooner.....and still have a chance for the JH during the next week if I get a wild hair to do it.
    Hmmmm

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    I calculate ebay final falue fees of $63.

I figure this is baked into the price, subtract $63 from $1025 for $962.

None the less, @ $63 per and 300 so far, that's $18900 if ebay fees !!!

Wonder if they get a discount.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file