Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Ok. You tempted me. I'm in for one more set. Order number in the very low 300's. Can always sell it unopened later on for at least melt.
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>As per the United States Mint,America the beautiful coins are in no way represented as numismatic material. All coins are sold as bullion and shipped exactly as they were received from the United States Mint. >>

In mint tubes?
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    Money order is in the mail to JH!
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

My order number was in the low 200's. Off to the bank and then the PO.
  • Options
    I wonder if they'll take a Cashier's Check. A Cashier's check is just as good as a Money Order but actually better in terms of security.
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this is the pricy'est (and simplest) so far for a set from the APs for me. The extra $50 to the far north AK hurts, but oh well.

#25X. Sure was easier than the speed-dialing-for-naught with C&T.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    Got my second set back from PCGS today and the Yosemite in MS68DMPL is pretty sweet. They're going on eBay tonight but you can BIN for $359!

imageimage
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

Thanks for the great pics, Red. So that's what a 68DMPL looks like! You just saved me some grading $$$ image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>Got my second set back from PCGS today and the Yosemite in MS68DMPL is pretty sweet. They're going on eBay tonight but you can BIN for $359! >>

Those coins look very good except for the slight scratches on George Washi's Neck that I can see.
  • Options
    Already at #4xx I am not going to buy any more I promise.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back from the post office 956.15 that included confirmation for 70 cents. Will get there on monday plenty of time. Only money orders will be accepted. Preferred post office money order. This makes 3 sets for me and the 3 I already sold, that paid for the second 3 woohooo..... I am now even.............image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

I am back from the PO also, the check is on the way with delivery Monday.

I got a late start on buying these so I only got 5 sets but I have not sold any. Selling off 2007 W's instead. I see these as being a better hold

than the 07 W eagles.
  • Options
    deleted
    thanks
    Successful BST transactions with : Moderncoinmart,ebaytrader,ModCrewman,CharlieC,Lightcycler
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    I'd recommend against sharing the exact number of the order, guys!
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd recommend against sharing the exact number of the order, guys! >>

I just debited for m.o.+ priority mail.

Will be there Monday!
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really need help. I had told myself that under no circumstances would I buy another set - NONE!

Now I'm off to the P.O. for my Money Order and to mail the order in.

I've lost it. I REALLY don't need another set. I just can't say no, can't turn one down.

Hopefully I'll have enough self control to not ask Dad to order a set for me.

Time for the ATB 12 step program.....
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

For the folks who have ordered, was there any indication about how the coins will be packaged?

>>

Item #10 in the terms just says "carefully packaged and shipped via Fedex." >>

Of course, earlier in the form it states that they will be treated like bullion. Who knows what we'll see from them. Clearly the demand is way down give the ease of ordering and the low order numbers after several hours.

However, as Miles has noted not much down side relative to spot. Of course, spot is very high and perhaps has a long way to fall.
  • Options

<< <i>Already at #422 I am not going to buy any more I promise. >>

Good luck with that! The power of the pucks is very hard to resist....
  • Options

<< <i>

Time for the ATB 12 step program..... >>

But there are only 9 APs selling, Raufus! image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Time for the ATB 12 step program..... >>

But there are only 9 APs selling, Raufus! image >>

image I think he is past 12 already woohoooimage

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    Indeed!

BTW, what's with the "$88.80 (Ship to Virginia)"?? W/A Mark I could certainly understand as they were slabbed. What's with this???
  • Options

<< <i>Just looked it up cost 1.50 for money order from post office. I don't think I am going to overnight, it says you must get it there within one week of ordering so I am just going to ship in the priority mail package for 4.95 >>

Well I'm in for another set. I just put the M.O. and receipt in a envelope and dropped it off. Why did you use a Priority Mail box? image
  • Options
    I don't see a problem waiting until Monday to mail off your Money Order. I will probably send it overnight just to be sure, but next week will allow plenty of time. Can't beat under $38 an oz. They just make it too easy. I personally can't wait for all the AP's to sellout. I just don't need these adrenaline dumps all the time. LOL. By the way, they are in the 570's at around 145pm mst.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Coin Vault buying? i have not seen these ATBs on any of their shows this week.
  • Options
    Anybody have any thoughts on why 3 friends could not use the same over night envelope? We work together.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually glad I kept all my ATB sets raw...I know they're all nice...and some are extremely nice.

But if I had them slabbed, then I'd know for sure which grades/coins I might be "missing" for a complete set...and then I'd feel compelled to buy another set today.

As I said before, I'll let my stinkin' kids fight it out after I'm pushing up daisies!
  • Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>Anybody have any thoughts on why 3 friends could not use the same over night envelope? We work together. >>

why not, I would have each person file out an address envelope and put all 3 in the shipping one
  • Options
    almost at melt with shipping !!!!!!!!!

silver is at 37.29 X 25 = 932.25

Silly
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Just looked it up cost 1.50 for money order from post office. I don't think I am going to overnight, it says you must get it there within one week of ordering so I am just going to ship in the priority mail package for 4.95 >>

Well I'm in for another set. I just put the M.O. and receipt in a envelope and dropped it off. Why did you use a Priority Mail box? image >>

Sorry No Box Envelope Is what I put it in. RichR you maybe the only one in this thread with such great willpower. I keep thinking no more but like others said they make it too easy to keep going and going and going...................image

Link to My Registry Set.

• Options
    I can't freakin believe I bought another set......

Really.....

I thought I was over it.....faced the demons and cast them aside

I was waiting for the P-Pucks....no more of those plain bullion thingy's

Oh, what's that?? Jack Hunt is selling????

Mid 500's order # and I admit I am a weak person......

I just kept saying "It's a no brainer.....really! A NO brainer......

Hook, line and sinker......

• Options
    maybe some red will help, it wasnt like this the other day

Price guide

Funny how the FS are not changing
  • Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭
    If you are buying a set, I hope it isn't for a quick flip. The delta between the buy prices and the eBay price (after fees, which are going up in a couple of weeks) are getting might thin...

What if Jack Hunt doesn't sell out after a week or so? Do you envision the AP's that still have their sets (insert cough here) will go to the Mint and say that public demand has subsided and they should be allowed to sell these as their other bullion offerings? Might make the hold 'em strategy pay off, as spot has moved north so fast, Jack Hunt is selling for under spot (which might explain the absolute gouge he is doing on the shipping...)
  • Options

<< <i>I can't freakin believe I bought another set......

Really.....

I thought I was over it.....faced the demons and cast them aside

I was waiting for the P-Pucks....no more of those plain bullion thingy's

Oh, what's that?? Jack Hunt is selling????

Mid 500's order # and I admit I am a weak person......

I just kept saying "It's a no brainer.....really! A NO brainer......

Hook, line and sinker...... >>

imageimageimage

Link to My Registry Set.

• Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hardest part of resisting is not the ATB aspect, it's the $.60-70+spot silver aspect (including shipping!)
  • Options
    Buddy @ work here just bought a set. Order # 63X.

Will be interesting to see how many sets JHCB has to sell.

This is far better than CnT phone orders.

I wasted two hours calling 'em before and all I heard was a busy signal.

And I'm not killing next Saturday morning calling CnT.

I'm Done. This is it. Over. Kaput.

I'm not buying anymore.

I've got three free sets, that's good enough. image
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mid 600s.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I caved also. Order number in the mid 100s. I was going to order another from CnT, but this was so much easier and a lower outlay. I don't think we're going to see an upswing in these until a larger collector base develops. Ironically, the best thing for these 2010s long term would be a drop in the price of silver, which would lower the price of the 2011s and future years and maybe help to develop more widespread interest. I've got one raw set (DG) and two more sets along the way (Fidelitrade and Jack) and plan on submitting only those that I feel confident will go 68-69 DMPL or 69 PL.
  • Options

<< <i>"This is far better than CnT phone orders." >>

Minor league weenies.....no clue how to deal with the public

Think of how few resources this Jack Hunt used to get this done....no one answering a bazillion phone calls, no call backs, no frustrated customers....

• Options
    Thing is I've been buying silver anyway. Why not? Just hit the easy button!
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>If you are buying a set, I hope it isn't for a quick flip. The delta between the buy prices and the eBay price (after fees, which are going up in a couple of weeks) are getting might thin...

What if Jack Hunt doesn't sell out after a week or so? Do you envision the AP's that still have their sets (insert cough here) will go to the Mint and say that public demand has subsided and they should be allowed to sell these as their other bullion offerings? Might make the hold 'em strategy pay off, as spot has moved north so fast, Jack Hunt is selling for under spot (which might explain the absolute gouge he is doing on the shipping...) >>

Sounds about right, for the raw sealed set flips Ebay is gonna take a $100 new fees vs. $50 old fees right? Thus by my numbers a flip at $1350 raw sealed would net out around $250 before taxes? Nonetheless, hard to go wrong at melt and there is always the grading game image
  • Options
    Anyone have an email for Coins N Things? I'm really annoyed that its been over 2 weeks now since they accepted phone calls for their first set of orders and yet I"ve recieved no order acceptance, shipping info, or any info for that matter. I'd like to email them.
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone have an email for Coins N Things? I'm really annoyed that its been over 2 weeks now since they accepted phone calls for their first set of orders and yet I"ve recieved no order acceptance, shipping info, or any info for that matter. I'd like to email them. >>

I don't think they have grasped the email/web thing....they are still in the phone call era....
  • Options

<< <i>If you are buying a set, I hope it isn't for a quick flip. The delta between the buy prices and the eBay price (after fees, which are going up in a couple of weeks) are getting might thin...

What if Jack Hunt doesn't sell out after a week or so? Do you envision the AP's that still have their sets (insert cough here) will go to the Mint and say that public demand has subsided and they should be allowed to sell these as their other bullion offerings? Might make the hold 'em strategy pay off, as spot has moved north so fast, Jack Hunt is selling for under spot (which might explain the absolute gouge he is doing on the shipping...) >>

They will sell out today. They put these up for sale on a Friday morning when no one was expecting it, emailed the people that had asked to

be, and it got on the forum here. The people on the forum have been ordering like crazy so are again getting a big jump on everyone else that

has not got home from work to see their emails and order yet. The amount sold is approaching 1000 already so I expect they will be sold out

shortly.
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone have an email for Coins N Things? I'm really annoyed that its been over 2 weeks now since they accepted phone calls for their first set of orders and yet I"ve recieved no order acceptance, shipping info, or any info for that matter. I'd like to email them. >>

They will not answer emails. They do not have the staff to do it. They are a very small AP and have stated in the past that it will be 4 to 6 weeks so just be patient and you will get your set.
  • Options
    I was waiting on my f-trade grades 40% 69`s 55% 68 60%DMPL 40% PL. So i had to try one more set to fill up DMPL sets then jack hunt e-mails and another set will be off to PCGS then I quit hopefully.
  • Options
    If I did want to buy another set from JHCB, couldn't I just go back to the site, put my brother's info in there, go to the P.O., get the m.o., fill it out, mail it, tell my brother to be expecting a package from JHCB for me and just hammer out a bunch of sets to my other brother, my neighbor, parents, etc., etc., etc.?

I'm curious as to the final order number from JHCB - I'm leery of previous cherry picking and we are getting the dreck. Guess we'll see, eh? image
  • Options
    I see nothing to stop you from doing just that but you had better hurry.

How high are the order numbers now? the last I heard was over 700.
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think we'll be see the rest of the 2010 ATB's hit the market very soon.

Per NN:

Once an AP has certified to the Mint in writing on its letterhead that it has sold all of its share of the 33,000 sets sold by the Mint last year, it will be free to enter the secondary market to buy additional supplies in numbers and at prices that are not subject to Mint scrutiny or control.

This certification also is a required step for the AP to participate in the 2011 program.

Availability date for the numismatic version of the 2010 set has not yet been determined. The Mint has 27,000 sets of these that it will sell directly to collectors through its website and telephone order numbers. >>

This is why Jack Hunt is selling. They can't get the 2011 coins unless they certify they've sold the 2010 coins.

Just ordered, order number over 800, but less then 900.

• Options

<< <i>If I did want to buy another set from JHCB, couldn't I just go back to the site, put my brother's info in there, go to the P.O., get the m.o., fill it out, mail it, tell my brother to be expecting a package from JHCB for me and just hammer out a bunch of sets to my other brother, my neighbor, parents, etc., etc., etc.?

I'm curious as to the final order number from JHCB - I'm leery of previous cherry picking and we are getting the dreck. Guess we'll see, eh? image >>

I filled one out for myself and my brother. lol.
  • Options
    Right. We'll definitely see the AP shakeout over the next month.

I still can't believe the $138 S&H to AK/HI. That is completely insane.... I'm complaining, but only after my coins ship. That's a good $10 more per coin for shipping over Amark, and Amark had PCGS slabbing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file