Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wonder if they'll take a Cashier's Check. A Cashier's check is just as good as a Money Order but actually better in terms of security. >>

NNNNNOOOOOOOO.

It says they will return anything that is NOT a Money Order.

I would and will comply.

Money Order it is.

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

These AP's want to be able to sell the 2011's so they will sell off all they have. It is a good sign because the 5 ouncers will sell like crazy this

year as you are going to see less 1 ounce eagles minted. It is easier to store tubes of 5 ounce coins and this is the way they will be sold. 2010

is the low mintage year so how can you go wrong when you are buying them at what silver is selling for?
  • Options
    badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    These are just like Cracker Jacks. Come in a box. Guaranteed good stuff inside PLUS that elusive prize.

Now where, munch munch, is that munch, munch, munch DMPL?
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Right. We'll definitely see the AP shakeout over the next month.

I still can't believe the $138 S&H to AK/HI. That is completely insane.... I'm complaining, but only after my coins ship. That's a good $10 more per coin for shipping over Amark, and Amark had PCGS slabbing. >>

What I don't like about it is that they could mail these using USPS Express mail, they would arrive much faster (for me) for about $40. Instead they insist on using Fed Ex which will travel to Anchorage or Juneau before Fed Ex places it in the US Post Office (Fed Ex does not have delivery here). The the post office gets upset because it has a physical address and not a Box number (USPS does not deliver here, PO Boxes only). It will take about two weeks for that $138 shipping to make it here. $40 and I could have it here in 2 or 3 days. You just can't tell anyone anything now days! Oh yea, did I mention that I think $138 is a little excessive for mailing a small four pound box?
  • Options
    As a silver play, you can't go wrong. APMEX quantity orders of 500 ASEs are $41.41 each, not including shipping. Heck, APMEX's ASE buy price per ounce is more than the Jack Hunt final sale price.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    I have order # 155 but I'm out. Will not be sending in my $. Still sitting on 4 sets.
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    I'm in.........3 and going image may stop at 10 who knows image
  • Options
    I got to stop - i got to stop buying pucks
    just order 2 more sets - I want to go back and use my money to buy classic gold coins
    I got the puck flu
    MT
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Is overbuying the sign of a bubble? image
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    11111image
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is overbuying the sign of a bubble? image >>

Is it possible to "overbuy" bullion at spot + $0.70 shipped?
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only if you cannot afford to sit on these, if you need food or money to pay your taxes, I would say its better to pass. But if you have a year or two to just sit back and watch than, Buy Buy Buy.............Enjoyimage
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

<< <i>

Is it possible to "overbuy" bullion at spot + $0.70 shipped? >>

If the bubble(spot silver price) bursts(crashes) then yes.
    Tulipmana. Dot com mana. Sivermania.
    Who knows, time will tell.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    Thanks Guys/Gals for al the information order number 10$$ less then 50 from Jack Hunt. I will now set on my 3 sets for 10 years or so. This is a no brainer right?
  • Options

Thats just hilarious to me. If your buying anything with Silver in it why would you not buy these? Silver at spot.......I love it. A low mintage coin with very probable future numismatic value......priceless.
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks Guys/Gals for al the information order number 10$$ less then 50 from Jack Hunt. I will now set on my 3 sets for 10 years or so. This is a no brainer right? >>

I remember when everyone was amazed that APMEX sold 1000 sets in a couple days with a very similar roll out and many people were primed and ready to get their hands on a set. There was no pre info and a lot of people are still catching up that Jack Hunt has them for sale. 25000 ounces of silver in about 8 hours.......pretty darn impressive.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Thats just hilarious to me. If your buying anything with Silver in it why would you not buy these? Silver at spot.......I love it. A low mintage coin with very probable future numismatic value......priceless. >>

• Options
    I have done it...I have broken the cycle and not purchased! If you want to start my 12 step program just send me any 69DMPL as a down payment...(now hurry up and freakin sell out, this not buying is KILLING me!!!!!!!)
  • Options
    That's 200 over tha past 3 hrs. That's 66 per hours or 1 set a minute. Still moving right along as I'm sure most people don't know about this yet.

For someone looking to buy 25oz of silver, these are a no brainer. Plus add the low mintage, never to be made again, first 5oz, etc...

I know we all have a lot of silver, but looking at NN silver counts:
    This is just for 2011 so far:
    11,000,000 silver eagle bullion 1oz coins.
    860,000 silver eagle proof 1oz coins.

There are more people than just us buying silver.

• Options
    Finally had the bad set graded they were MTB coins (2) 68 DM (1) 69 (1) 68 (1)67PL by far the worst set yet. These came out just about the way I had them graded but on my other grades a lot of my 68`s came out 69. But these didn`t but might help with some 68 DM sets to bale me out. So I would not recommend MTB`s... A-mark #1 F-trade #2. Have an F-trade coming and hopeing Juck hunts grade well, will see soon .
  • Options
    I remember when everyone was amazed that APMEX sold 1000 sets in a couple days with a very similar roll out and many people were primed and ready to get their hands on a set. There was no pre info and a lot of people are still catching up that Jack Hunt has them for sale. 25000 ounces of silver in about 8 hours.......pretty darn impressive.

Me too. I was in the original AMPEX group. Just got lucky with them. Without access to this forum I would of not not know about today's sale. I keep on getting sets. I see these as a better way to stack silver vs silver eagles at these prices.
  • Options
    Ive been buying gold this was my first large purchase of silver. Have put a few ASE`s and others aside but now I have 250 + oz of ATB`s it is a sickness. I should have bought a monster box back at $15.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to check my first set of grades.

brb.

drum roll please
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    An explanation first....

I know what I said, and I know I didn't stick to it.

I got my MTB set, which was to be my only one bought from an AP, but that had spots. It was quite depressing. So I sold them off and bought another from a different AP. Then I bought another off a forum member.

I'm still looking for 6 sets, and now really, I'm looking for 7 because I promised a coin to the forum member who sold me a set, if I scored some high grade DMPLs off that set. Looks like I did.

Now that the furor is over, I am going to break my promise again to only buy from 1 AP. I know what I said, but sales of these have been tailing off and I don't think I'm preventing anyone from obtaining a set by seeking my magic number of sets.

Line # Item # PCGS No. CoinDate Denomination Variety Country Grade
    1 1 19724544 2010 25C Hot Springs NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
    1 2 19724545 2010 25C Hot Springs NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69DM
    2 1 19724546 2010 25C Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver US MS66DM
    2 2 19724547 2010 25C Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
    3 1 19724548 2010 25C Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver US MS67DM
    3 2 19724549 2010 25C Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68DM
    4 1 19724550 2010 25C Grand Canyon NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69
    4 2 19724551 2010 25C Grand Canyon NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68DM
    5 1 19724552 2010 25C Mount Hood NP - 5 oz Silver US MS67DM
    5 2 19724553 2010 25C Mount Hood NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impromptu Question - Will you be buying the same number of 5-coin sets in 2011 that you did in 2010?

If not, what makes you think that the total number of sets sold in 2011 will exceed the 33,000 sets sold in 2010?

Just stirring the pot.....
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Wow, that is a great question. I know finances will not allow me to do that.
  • Options
    Yes, I hope to buy 6 sets again. (finances dependant)

• Options
    part II to the question:

If they sell fewer next year, it'll be because there are fewer buyers. Again, I don't think I'll be keeping anyone from a set. It'd be like the first spouses, if I take 6 or 1 set out, does it matter? They still mint plenty of each. That's what I'm thinking will happen for 2011 and on. And as it is turning out, it looks like 33,000 was just about the right number.... (and we were all paniced.image )

• Options

<< <i>Impromptu Question - Will you be buying the same number of 5-coin sets in 2011 that you did in 2010?

If not, what makes you think that the total number of sets sold in 2011 will exceed the 33,000 sets sold in 2010?

Just stirring the pot..... >>

I know I will not be buying any 2011's as I can not afford to do it. I sold off a lot of silver eagles to buy my 5 sets.

They are going to be selling these 2011's by the roll and your big time silver investors are going to be buying them in place of the silver eagles as they will be easier to store. They already have minted 125,000 of the next one to come out and I think they will sell fast depending on the price the mint charges.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Impromptu Question - Will you be buying the same number of 5-coin sets in 2011 that you did in 2010?

I know I will not be buying any 2011's as I can not afford to do it. I sold off a lot of silver eagles to buy my 5 sets.

They are going to be selling these 2011's by the roll and your big time silver investors are going to be buying them in place of the silver eagles as they will be easier to store. They already have minted 125,000 of the next one to come out and I think they will sell fast depending on the price the mint charges. >>

Definitely. No order limits, demand for silver remains high. I see them easily reaching 33,000 units. Unless something wild happens with silver this year in either price direction.

I won't be buying as many either. I too had to sell off a bunch of stuff to invest in the 2010 ATBs.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I too had to sell off a bunch of stuff to invest in the 2010 ATBs >>

ditto
  • Options
    I had to have one more....? So I'm justifying it this way. I just got rid of $1,000 in mostly circulated 60s silver and am trading that for a Jack Hunt set. There is no future other than "silver" in the junk but I still think there's a good chance for some numismatic future in these big shiny pucks. Most people don't know about them yet and I'm sticking to the belief that they'll attract Park junkies like me as people get to know about them. We just have to get the Park Service to sell them in their visitor gift shops. I still can't believe none of them bought into this yet. Anyway it's been fun.

I really do have to stop now, 4 is enough, and I do have to get the P versions yet, and the 2011s will be here soon. Since all this started I have completely stopped looking for the 2 coins I need to complete my 7070, and the last 2 I need to finish my Liberty Walking Half set. It may be a year before I start looking for those again.
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    Asking about pcgs 69s... Are the PL and DMPL pops alot higher than the plain 69s? Can someone provide them please?
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing on these will be quality and whether or not to have them graded.
    I really did like what A-Mark did and give them a "A-Plus" for how they handled things image

Hope these are similar

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

They are going to be selling these 2011's by the roll and your big time silver investors are going to be buying them in place of the silver eagles as they will be easier to store. They already have minted 125,000 of the next one to come out and I think they will sell fast depending on the price the mint charges. >>

Definitely. No order limits, demand for silver remains high. I see them easily reaching 33,000 units. Unless something wild happens with silver this year in either price direction.

I won't be buying as many either. I too had to sell off a bunch of stuff to invest in the 2010 ATBs. >>

They'll sell 33,000 + 2011's easy.

In addition to the previous reasons.

The AP's are distributors, so coin shops all over the country will want at least a couple coins. This in turn may wake the public up as to what is happening and drive up the price of 2010...

Plus, they will release 1 design at a time, so if your a buyer, you only need $150 to $200 to buy one, not $1000.

Plus, the first 2011 is Gettysburg. This will be hot. It'll be a good start to carry forward the Puck mania.

Like always the first ones out, the first ones graded with the top grades, will get the top $$$.

• Options

Very different scene. Everyone will have access to the 2011's The way these have rolled out it is very difficult to get to them and you have to have info. The 11's will be sold very widely through distributers what have you. You can't compare the two. There will also be no premium whatsoever with the 11's. Supply dictates that. The hope is the number of people collecting these will grow significantly. No garauntee that it will. I believe they will come image
  • Options

Too many unknowns for me to answer. I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to collect the bullion or the uncirculated version yet. I'll need to first get the uncirculated in my hands to decide. Will any of the honorable APs who haven't cherrypicked sell the 2011 bullion coins to the end consumer? If getting un-cherrypicked bullion coins is difficult, that would certainly discourage me from collecting the bullions. My goal is to collect for posterity the entire set in as high a grade as I can afford. I think collecting this set will be fun and memorable, which is all I can ask for from this hobby.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options

<< <i>

Very different scene. Everyone will have access to the 2011's The way these have rolled out it is very difficult to get to them and you have to have info. The 11's will be sold very widely through distributers what have you. You can't compare the two. There will also be no premium whatsoever with the 11's. Supply dictates that. The hope is the number of people collecting these will grow significantly. No garauntee that it will. I believe they will come image >>

Even if they don't come, I really enjoy having these coins and I'm glad I bought them. So its a win win for me. Like Trump said.. "Buy what you like." YOu can't lose if you like what you bought.
  • Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    Well, I just opened my FideliTrade's, couldn't stand looking at the box any longer. There was what appears to be a strike through on the obverse of my Yosemite. I am most mad it is on the Yosemite, but if it is a strikethrough, is there any potential for value?

Edit: I mean any value above spot at all, not a premium for the error.

Also, would PCGS recognize it as a strike though if it is, and would it affect the grade? I noticed that NGC seems to grade strike troughs as 69's. This Yosemite is my nicest, so quite unfortunate.

Thanks
  • Options
    My order # is between 1,250 and 1,299, do you guys think I have a shot?

What number of Coins does everyone think he has in stock?
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    There is always a chance that 90% of the Gettysburg get put into IRA or bank vaults never to see the light of day for years making these even rarer than the 2010's. 625,000 ounces is not much compared to quick selling of the 2011 ASEs. Maybe JP Morgan will buy them all. The APs will cherrypick some, but they will also be selling the unopened rolls of 10 also.

I think there are so many of the 2010 DMPLs because they had plenty of dies to use up with such a low mintage. The 2011's may have longer die lifes than the 2010s so not so many PLs maybe.
  • Options

They would not have given you an order number and asked you to send a money order if you were not going to get a set.
  • Options

<< <i>They would not have given you an order number and asked you to send a money order if you were not going to get a set. >>

I think they have their full allotment for sale....so half sold in the 1st 24 hours
  • Options

<< <i>Well, I just opened my FideliTrade's, couldn't stand looking at the box any longer. There was what appears to be a strike through on the obverse of my Yosemite. I am most mad it is on the Yosemite, but if it is a strikethrough, is there any potential for value?

Edit: I mean any value above spot at all, not a premium for the error.

Also, would PCGS recognize it as a strike though if it is, and would it affect the grade? I noticed that NGC seems to grade strike troughs as 69's. This Yosemite is my nicest, so quite unfortunate.

Thanks >>

Have not yet seen any good errors yet. Depends on what the strike tru looks like, but PCGS would grade it as an error and depending upon the coin, it may be worth more than a 69 grade. Please post a picture
  • Options
    End to the puck party ???
    MTB now selling 100 sets on Ebay for 1025.
    Successful BST transactions with : Moderncoinmart,ebaytrader,ModCrewman,CharlieC,Lightcycler
  • Options
    The flipper frenzy should be done. I am buying because its spot silver. And they will go back up in time. Buy and hold. Meet back here in a year and see what has happened. I predict I will be smiling no matter what happens to the numi value of these.
  • Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>End to the puck party ???
    MTB now selling 100 sets on Ebay for 1025. >>

After Mr Rebates and eBay Bucks and credit card rebate - that is less than Jack Hunt!

Edited to add - and no money order/priority mail expense...
  • Options
    26 sets sold already
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>End to the puck party ???
    MTB now selling 100 sets on Ebay for 1025. >>

73 LEFT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights