Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Sell Out Prediction for Buchanan's Liberty???

Comments

• Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wasn't open to a short strike here until the bread and butter AGEs were short struck and the ASEs were yanked after only a few weeks.

I'm much more open to it, however, without knowledge for the number of proofs struck on the first run, who knows when they will sell out. I think all that can be done is to wait for the red "Sold Out" to show or maybe Eric can get a hint from his sources.

7/8 wasn't totally offbase here.

I'll also wait for the final numbers from Eric and his sources before I call the lowest of the 4 Liberties. >>

That is prudent considering the numbers will be so close at best.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Well guys

my number of 6800 is before returns/scrap.

can we see sub 6000 for these.......very possible.

dont be surprised by the final numbers when they come, I dont think i'll be.
  • Options
    The prudent thing to do considering all the numbers is to buy a proof buck if you dont have one provided you can afford it. Do not put so much stock in the cumulative order report. After all the homework we have done with Mint employees holding first hand information, if that coin does not come in between 6,000 and 6,800 I will pass out from the shock.

Eric
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    Looks like we have a backorder.
  • Options
    Interesting. I wonder what this means?
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>Interesting. I wonder what this means? >>

It means to put down your stapler and, I see you have your phone so dial 1800 USAMINT. Good Milton. Just make sure your coins are mailed to your house (or favorite resort) because I think that place looks like a fire hazard. image
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I see the: "Orders met" statement, then I'll believe they are sold out. This is not the first time this coin has been on a delayed shipping schedule....
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    I think it depends on what happened to the returns they had in the beginning.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,509 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Interesting. I wonder what this means? >>

and it's the proofs. I've been thinkin they're closer to selling out that any other.

One place they can pull coins from to fulfill online orders are the mint sales counters. The guys downtown told me that they had to send in their DC&Territories Silver quarters to Indy for their orders.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    HIGHLOWLEAVESHIGHLOWLEAVES Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    Great that we are now in 2011 and no more PF Bucks can be minted !!
    Specialized Investments
  • Options
    Well, this was just the excuse I needed this morning to finally pick up a proof Buch. This seems like a telltale sign that the supply is at least dwindling. If not, there doesn't seem to be much to lose.

• Options

<< <i>Well, this was just the excuse I needed this morning to finally pick up a proof Buch. This seems like a telltale sign that the supply is at least dwindling. If not, there doesn't seem to be much to lose. >>

Let us know if you get the last one.
  • Options

<< <i>Well guys

my number of 6800 is before returns/scrap.

can we see sub 6000 for these.......very possible.

dont be surprised by the final numbers when they come, I dont think i'll be. >>

Wouldn't they resell retruns?
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Ok, I predict that soon the proofs will go dark.image
  • Options
    Casman you are so quick to go out on a limb like that. :-)
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    I actually ordered one more MS Gold Buch today to add to my 4 PCGS MS 70 First Strike ones and one raw one. I have 6 of the Buch Gold Proofs already-two in PCGS PF70 First Strike, the rest raw. All self made and it wasn't easy.
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two PR69 FS Buchanan proofs just sold BIN for $830 each on Ebay (same seller). They had been sitting there for a while, on my watch list, and went poof just minutes ago. Did somebody on this board buy them??? I would have, but I already have a spare of each (PR and MS), even at that, I was close to pulling the trigger on one of them this morning. It would have been a net of $780 after Ebay bucks, Mr. Rebates and CC rebate...
  • Options
    By the way, MCM still have 39 PF70 in stock image
    Lets see how long will it take before they sold out.
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
  • Options

<< <i>Ok, I predict that soon the proofs will go dark.image >>

7/8 and Casman
  • Options

<< <i>I think that they'll eventually sell out... >>

The above comment was made on 9/1/10 and I fully agree with it, unlike others that have predicted an immediate sellout since August of last year.
  • Options
    I have never said the proof Buck would sell out quickly. I said I felt that it was struck to anticipated demand and that it was likely to be the key to the liberty proof set. I still think thats the case. And by the way if this coin is in fact going down now its the shortest sell out on record for this series for the lower mintage issues. There are about 7 months left in the sales period...... but no coins or very few coins left. IMHO.

Eric
  • Options
    Just 4 proofs I can see on ebay as of this afternoon. There were at least double that this morning. Looks like some yanked their sales, others sold.
  • Options

<< <i>I have never said the proof Buck would sell out quickly. I said I felt that it was struck to anticipated demand and that it was likely to be the key to the liberty proof set. I still think thats the case. And by the way if this coin is in fact going down now its the shortest sell out on record for this series for the lower mintage issues. There are about 7 months left in the sales period...... but no coins or very few coins left. IMHO.

Eric >>

Eric...I know you never said that...but 7over8 has been saying it since 8/30 (page 1)

Monday August 30, 2010 8:58 PM

"IMO, sellout within a week or less
    at anticipated demand."
  • Options
    goldman86goldman86 Posts: 496 ✭✭✭
    This one is going to be a good one fellas!!!

VERY good chance to have the key mintage in the highly desireable liberty series!!!

That equals good investment.
    The Stealth Ninja
  • Options

<< <i>"IMO, sellout within a week or less >>

OPA, what does it matter when you are looking at the key to the proof liberty series......good things come to those who wait. Guess you didnt get any? Oops.

<6800

way less.
  • Options
    I think I purchased the last ones lol, I placed and order about 10 days ago and I get the email today that order was shipped!!!
  • Options
    PF Bucks: The end is in sight !! What Suspense !!!
    Specialized Investments
  • Options
    Crap, I was planning on placing another order, so that I can return what I have and save a couple bucks on the price adjustment. I do not think that is a good idea at this point.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Ok, I predict that soon the proofs will go dark.image >>

7/8 and Casman >>

Hey, I just yesterday climbed onto that limb, don't put me on the branch with the fraction...image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>"IMO, sellout within a week or less >>

OPA, what does it matter when you are looking at the key to the proof liberty series......good things come to those who wait. Guess you didnt get any? Oops.

<6800

way less. >>

FYI as I've posted before.. I did pick up a proof & unc. one for melt. Although I don't put to much weight with your hype, I do collect the series.
  • Options
    Fellas... a tid bit of info...

These Bucks are going dark VERY VERY SHORTLY!!!!

After I heard the news that the Buchanan Proofs went to backorder yesterday I put in an order for 100+ coins. A person at the mint called me at 9 AM this morning to let me know that my order was not going to be filled. He told me there were only 10 Buchanan proof coins left in inventory and there was no way they would be able to fill my order.

The Stealth Ninja
  • Options
    ronsrons Posts: 338 ✭✭
    Not to derail the thread but what about Jane Pierce unc at 2847????? The real sleeper here?
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
  • Options

<< <i>This one is going to be a good one fellas!!!

VERY good chance to have the key mintage in the highly desireable liberty series!!!

That equals good investment. >>

Well, if the VB and the Buch are close enough, I'd, in my newb-ness maybe, would consider them co-keys.

and we are just talking the Liberty subset. We'll have to wait to see what numbers for the entire spouse run are to declare a key or keys for them all.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>Fellas... a tid bit of info...

After I heard the news that the Buchanan Proofs went to backorder yesterday I put in an order for 100+ coins. A person at the mint called me at 9 AM this morning to let me know that my order was not going to be filled. He told me there were only 10 Buchanan proof coins left in inventory and there was no way they would be able to fill my order. >>

When I called and asked a CSR, they said they had no idea of inventory levels. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Fellas... a tid bit of info...

After I heard the news that the Buchanan Proofs went to backorder yesterday I put in an order for 100+ coins. A person at the mint called me at 9 AM this morning to let me know that my order was not going to be filled. He told me there were only 10 Buchanan proof coins left in inventory and there was no way they would be able to fill my order. >>

When I called and asked a CSR, they said they had no idea of inventory levels. image >>

I believe he is pulling our leg, if the mint does not have enough coins thy just cancel the order. Never heard of them calling anyone to let them know their order will not be fulfilled.
  • Options
    I once received a call from Indy to confirm that I meant to place like 5 or 6 orders for spouse coins.

(they go through the credit card hold faster as separate orders. I didn't tell them that, though.)
  • Options
    Guys they only struck about 7,000 planchets for the proof bucks and then take all the scrap and problem returns off that. I have not seen scrap rates under about 5% on a good run and a bad one can be 20%. If you want one you had better go buy them before the promoters start to hit this good looking closed 4 coin antique design gold set. And they will............its already started.

And dont think for a mintute that this 4 coin set is going to behave like (have the same demand curve) the rest of the first hags because they will not.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ordered a couple more. BO until 2/19. Who knows if I'll get them. Thanks eric for the insight!!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    Raufus,

Just go buy one on the after market. Go buy a NGC PR70 Buck somewhere for about $1000 and know you will have it and that it will be nice. All they have left are someones rejects and you may not get that. And its not like you save that much when they are about 830 plus freight anyway.

Eric
  • Options
    I am a bulk distributor of the mints, thats why they called...I do a lot of business with them.

Also, I believe the Buchanan proofs will at least be the co key of the important 4 coin liberty set. Van buren proofs are worth a lot more than the $825 or so the buchanan proofs were on sale for at the mint...
    The Stealth Ninja
  • Options
    Ohh my bad, I honestly thought you where yanking our chains. I rolled the dice and listened to 7/8 and Eric on this one, hope thing pan out as they predict. But if they do not, there is still very little downside to this deal.
  • Options
    In a few days, I would not be surprised to see the PF Bucks go "Black". Comments.....
    Specialized Investments
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    I am focused on the MS versions. What's the guess of those minted? 4500? I know they were on backorder a few months ago, so they could have minted more.
  • Options
    the issue with the MS -----is the early backorder and restrike of quantities.

IMO, looking like 6000-6500 on the MS.
  • Options

<< <i>In a few days, I would not be surprised to see the PF Bucks go "Black". Comments..... >>

Eric said they only did 1 run of the proofs.

This could be it.

• Options
    the time is here. it is "it".
  • Options

<< <i>the time is here. it is "it". >>

Is that your final answer?
  • Options

<< <i>

image >>

It ain't over 'till the Regis sings?

Backorder date pushed back another day to 2/20.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

It ain't over 'till the Regis sings?

Backorder date pushed back another day to 2/20. >>

I guess Eric used his "phone a friend" (at the Mint) lifeline so it should be good for the money.
  • Options
    I appreciate all of the insight that Eric Jordan has shared with us these several months concerning the USM's minting and marketing of the 2010 PF Buck coins. Many thanks from Texas.
    Specialized Investments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file