Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

05/01/17 - Doug's Autographed Cards. Another '52 Topps Autographed Card!

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>nice disco dan >>

anyone remember when Disco Dan posed in Playgirl?? Should get that issue signed! image >>

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    One addition to the collection today.

One time NY MET ... 70 year old JOHNNY LEWIS.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>nice disco dan >>

anyone remember when Disco Dan posed in Playgirl?? Should get that issue signed! image >>

image >>

Please don't show any more... I'll offer you anything!

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    Nice additions Doug...I just received Jim Whalen back today myself. How many 69's do you still have outstanding TTM or still need to send out? I'm getting ready to send out a batch myself...probably 40 or 50 next week.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>Nice additions Doug...I just received Jim Whalen back today myself. How many 69's do you still have outstanding TTM or still need to send out? I'm getting ready to send out a batch myself...probably 40 or 50 next week.
    Rgs, Greg M. >>

Thanks Greg. I sent out cards to EVERY player in the set that I had an addy for. If I knew they charged I did not send to them. (Although a few that usually charge did sign for free for me.)
    To date I have 120 cards signed and an additional 39 that are currently outstanding.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    These were not TTMs but I picked them up recently. I believe I now have 319 cards autographed from this set.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Two new autos in today's mail.

I now have 49.00% of the '82 DR set autographed.

KEN DAYLEY is the 320th card from the set that I now have autographed.

I also received these '65 cards back: FRANK LARY

THANKS FOR THE AUTOS GUYS!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More nice TTM's!
    Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    Today's return was from the first pure placekicker to enter the NFL Hall of Fame.
    ...........................JAN STENERUD...........................

THANKS FOR THE AUTO!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Doug,

I didn't realize that Rickie Harris signed TTM - thanks for posting your success!

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    scashaggyscashaggy Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Nice stenerud! I was thinking of sending out a ttm to him. What was the turnaround on that?
    who dey!

looking for 1964 topps baseball psa graded 7+
  • Options

<< <i>Nice stenerud! I was thinking of sending out a ttm to him. What was the turnaround on that? >>

It looks like Stenerud is signing TTM again. He stopped for over a year but is signing again at his home address. I'm sending 2 1984 Topps cards (regular and RB) while the window is still open!

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Carson and Greg,

Stenerud was QUICK! Took only ELEVEN days!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    HEY ... ENUF with this snow already! I have not had a TTM come back since this snow started this week. I spoke with my mail carrier this morning and he told me the last few days he has had about 1/3 of the mail he normally has. The snow has slowed things up a LOT on the east coast. COME ON SNOW ... GO AWAY ... I usually look forward to getting the mail!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Received one auto back today. LONG TIME YANKEE EMPLOYEE:

*****************GENE MICHAEL*****************
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    BigRed7BigRed7 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    Doug, Thank You for the Alex Karras address.

My father sent Alex three pictures of Alex and 1955 Outland Trophy Winner Calvin Jones in an Iowa dorm room. He told Alex to keep two of the pictures and sign the third, but he returned all three signed. He asked Alex about Calvin, and Alex replied "My life really changed when I heard Calvin died in an airplane crash. I loved him like a brother." - Alex Karras

For anyone not familar with Calvin Jones, he tragically died in a plane crash in Western Canada returning from the 1956 CFL All-Star Game in Vancouver, December 9, 1956. The Hawkeyes dedicated the 1957 Rose Bowl to him and presented the game ball to his mother. He is one of two Hawkeyes to have his number retired #62.

....................ALEX KARRAS....................
  • Options
    WOW! So glad I could help! Those pics must look real nice with the auto. Tell dad to enjoy them!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Well ... today I received one TTM and 3 others that I purchased.

First up is my TTM ... one of THE BEST to ever step foot on the Football Field.
    *****LAWRENCE TAYLOR*****

These next three I purchased for a very reasonable price. If you are an expert in any of these autos,
    I would appreciate your opinion as to authenticity. Thank You.

THANKS TO MR. TAYLOR FOR THE AUTO!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    To answer a PM and in case anyone else is interested. LT was sent c/o the HOF and the return envelope was received back in 3 weeks with a Florida postmark.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Johnnie Lemaster is the 321st autographed
    card I have from the '82 Donruss set.

Thank you Mr. Lemaster.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Returns were slow this week ... SOOOO, I'm in the middle of putting together THIRTY more TTMs ... hopefully I will get them out tomorrow.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    This makes 322 cards that are autographed from this set.

*******MIKE KRUKOW*******

THANKS MR. KRUKOW!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Today I received my 121st autographed card from the '69 Topps Football Set.

**************ANDY RUSSELL****************

Thank you Mr. Russell.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    that is a cool russell sig

congrats
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    These next three I purchased for a very reasonable price. If you are an expert in any of these autos,
    I would appreciate your opinion as to authenticity. Thank You.

THANKS TO MR. TAYLOR FOR THE AUTO!!! >>

I am far from an expert but in my opinion the Blanda amd Campbell are good and the Bradshaw is from a ghost signer. Eithway they are all very nice looking graphs. Keep up the good work!!
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Thanks Guys ... been a slow couple of weeks for returns ... hopefully it will pick up soon. I have to get more TTMs out ... got 37 out over the weekend ... hoping to get another 25 out by week's end.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Nice work. What do you do that you have all of this time to send out so many letters? Are you retired?
  • Options

<< <i>Nice work. What do you do that you have all of this time to send out so many letters? Are you retired? >>

HAHA ... I wish I was ... Although I am almost 52, I have a soon to be 16 (Saturday) year old daughter and a 10 year old daughter ... so retirement is a LONG way off!!!!! I am self employed though, so when work is slow I have time to write some letters.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    This is the 323rd card from the '82 DR set that I have autographed.

***************WAYNE GARLAND***************
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    STEVE KEMP is the 324th autographed card I now have from the '82 Donruss Set!
    Thank You Mr. Kemp.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    LONNIE SMITH - The 325th autographed card from this set.
    Cards have been coming back slowly ... maybe that will change this week!

Thank you Mr. Smith.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Well ... I was REALLY PSYCHED when I opened the one positive TTM that I received back today. A few months ago I purchased a nice looking PSA 6 Andy Pafko 1949 Bowman Rookie for the sole purpose of cracking it and sending it to him for an auto. Within 2 weeks after sending it I received it back as "Refused, RTS". Since the only reason I bought the card was to use for a TTM, I decided to send it to him again. It came back today ... SIGNED!

Here it is, sitting back in the PSA holder that it originally came in. THANKS MR. PAFKO!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    PMs ... yes, it was sent to Mr. Pafko's home.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    One TTM auto arrived back today. I got to watch this guy play his entire career. He was ONLY 17 YEARS OLD when
    he was called up by The Mets in their inaugural year, 1962. He played with them until his retirement in 1979.

*************ED KRANEPOOL*************

Thanks Mr. Kranepool. He lives on Long Island as well. I mailed the card on March 1 and received it back March 5!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Here is the 327th card I now have autographed from the 1982 Donruss Set.
    ********************SHOOTY BABBITT**********

*******************THANKS SHOOTY************
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    I sent a TTM request to one of the newest Yankees. I heard he was a GREAT signer but I guess he is either getting
    a LOT of requests now that he is a Yankee or guys like A-Rod told him not to bother signing cards that come to him.
    ALTHOUGH CURTIS GRANDERSON returned my card unsigned, he did send me this signed postcard sized print.

Thanks Curtis!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Today was a good day. I received back 3 TTMs and also an auto'd card I bought for a few bucks.

First up is one time Phillie can't miss prospect RICKY JORDAN

Next is a guy who had some AWESOME years on the PGA Tour - DAVID DUVAL.
    I sent two cards to him and he returned both but only signed one.

This guy makes the 122nd card I have autographed from the '69 Football Set - GINO CAPPELLETTI

The LAURENCE MARONEY I picked up for a few bucks on eBay

THANKS FOR THE AUTOS GUYS!!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    SmuggoSmuggo Posts: 425

<< <i>I sent a TTM request to one of the newest Yankees. I heard he was a GREAT signer but I guess he is either getting
    a LOT of requests now that he is a Yankee or guys like A-Rod told him not to bother signing cards that come to him.
    ALTHOUGH CURTIS GRANDERSON returned my card unsigned, he did send me this signed postcard sized print.

Thanks Curtis! >>

Granderson started the signed postcard routine last year as a Tiger. Still super to get an item back signed IMO.
    Collecting Pre-War, Pre-War HOF Types, Pre-War Postcards
  • Options

<< <i>Granderson started the signed postcard routine last year as a Tiger. Still super to get an item back signed IMO. >>

I agree ... it's FANTASTIC ANYTIME a player takes time out to respond to your auto request. My comment was just a fun poke at the Superstars who don't recognize their fans.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Duval was sent c/o the PGA ... took 2 months.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    I now have 329 cards autographed from the 1982 DONRUSS SET.

First up is SPARKY ANDERSON. Last April I sent him a TTM and it came back unsigned, along with an index card,
    SIGNED by Sparky, stating he was no longer signing TTM. Two weeks ago Mike (VitoCo) told me Mr. Anderson was
    signing again. Well, he was right ... received it back in EIGHT days! THANKS MIKE!

Next up is RANDY BASS. In his 6 partial years in the Majors, he played in only 130 games, had 325 ABs and only 9 HRs. In 1983 he signed with the Japanese League (where he also played for 6 years) and went WILD, winning back to back TRIPLE CROWNS. He is probably the most successful American to ever play in Japan. The Japanese fans treated him like a god. Mr. Bass is now a SENATOR from OKLAHOMA.
    It took SEVEN MONTHS to get this card back.

Thank you very much to these two men. Mr. Anderson is quite sick and Mr. Bass is probably a very busy individual.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Today I received back both cards from the player who, according to a recent thread, will set the
    record this year for playing with the most MLB teams.

**********MATT STAIRS**********

*********THANKS MATT**********
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Today's mail brought some nice stuff. Three TTMs and 12 cards I bought for my '82 Autographed Donruss Set.

If I can buy the cards for less than $3.00 each I will go that route.

First two are for my '69 Football Set. I now have 124 autographed cards from that set.

*****JOHN STOFA*****

*****LARRY BOWIE*****

The cards below bring my total to 342 autographed cards from the '82 Donruss Set.

***VANCE LAW was a TTM***

The following 12 cards were the ones I purchased:

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Very nice! How many of the 1982 cards are considered to be very difficult to obtain in that set? I am sure there are a few guys that probably passed away shortly after the set was printed. It usually seems like there are a few cards in every set that makes it next to impossible to complete. Eitherway, you have a very nice collection so far.
  • Options

<< <i>Very nice! How many of the 1982 cards are considered to be very difficult to obtain in that set? I am sure there are a few guys that probably passed away shortly after the set was printed. It usually seems like there are a few cards in every set that makes it next to impossible to complete. Either way, you have a very nice collection so far. >>

John ... when I went thru the entire set I did not keep a record of which players were deceased. In addition to the deceased players, I remember quite a few of the foreign born Hispanic players went back to their home country when they retired. I know there will probably be a lot of players that I may not get, but I'm in no hurry. There are still 300+ players that I need!

As far as the football, I am just short of 50%. I have not paid for any of them (other than Merlin Olsen, whom I bought the day he died. I think I got a good price on it as well ... $20.00. I had a card out to him for 6 - 8 months.)

I am going to keep trying my TTMs with these sets (as well as some others) and see how they go. Some time before the summer I will go back over both of these sets and see if I can come up with addys for ones I could not find.

I am so glad that I started the TTMs. For the time being it is keeping me "in the game" without much cost. Hopefully in a few years I'll be able to start up my collection once again. Doug
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    scashaggyscashaggy Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭
    Nice pickups Doug. I'm glad to see you got a return from Stofa. image