Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

05/01/17 - Doug's Autographed Cards. Another '52 Topps Autographed Card!

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Nice pickups Doug. I'm glad to see you got a return from Stofa. image >>

Stofa was great ... got it back in 14 days ... he also thanked me for writing him such a nice letter.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice stuff, Doug!
    Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

I am so glad that I started the TTMs. For the time being it is keeping me "in the game" without much cost. Hopefully in a few years I'll be able to start up my collection once again. Doug >>

Doug,
    This is so true. I am having a blast collecting TTM's. Since I got back into the hobby a few years back I was so focused on getting the nicest looking cards that I could have graded. Since I have a limited budget, I never dreamed of picking up many of the old time HOF'ers do to the high cost of PSA 8's, 9's, 10's. TTM'ing has allowed me to collect these cards that I would have never been able to afford in a high grade holder. I can honestly say that I spend a fraction of what I used to on cards while getting the same level of enjoyment. It also gives you someting to look forward to when you open the mailbox every day other than just looking at a stack of bills.
  • Options

<< <i>Doug,This is so true. I am having a blast collecting TTM's. It also gives you something to look forward to when you open the mailbox every day other than just looking at a stack of bills. >>

John ... I am like a little kid when the mailman delivers the mail ... I run outside as soon as it comes to see if any new autos have arrived! BTW ... NO TTMs cames today!image
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I am the same way. My wife thinks I'm nuts on Saturdays when I am home from work and I look out the window everytime I hear a car drive by.
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am the same way. My wife thinks I'm nuts on Saturdays when I am home from work and I look out the window everytime I hear a car drive by. >>

LOL - I do the same thing. I go into my daughter's bedroom and peer our of her window every time that I hear a car. Sometimes I'll lift the flag on my neighbor's mailbox so that I'll know when the mail has arrived.

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    Doug,

Great additions! I'm slowly catching up with you on the 69 Topps set. I'm up to around 85....with 15+ still outstanding.

Please post a scan of the Merlin Olsen...that is a tough card to find signed.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    This is the 343rd autographed card that I have from this set.
    STILL have 310 to go. LOL

Thanks Rance!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Two new cards arrived today. The first card I purchased. This was a card that you could not get TTM for a while.
    Unfortunately it was because Mr. Olsen was very sick. Last week he lost his battle with Cancer. RIP Mr. Olsen.

Quite a few cards went up on eBay the day he passed away and I was able to grab this one for $20.00. I do NOT
    purchase any of my autographed '69 FB cards, but I thought if I wanted this card I will never be able to get it
    this cheaply. This is the 125th card from this set that I have autographed!

Next up is Barry Sanders. For those of you that have been following this post, last year I received a TTM back from Mr. Sanders
    and it looked as though he used a PAINTBRUSH to sign it! SOOOOO, I tried again two months ago ... still looks like he used a paintbrush, although this one looks a little thinner than the last! LOL

THANKS BARRY!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Well, I FINALLY, after 3 days of no returns, received back three autos today. My new venture is to send
    out TTMs from the 1986 Fleer basketball set. I know there are a lot that I will never get, but here are the
    ones that came back today.

**********BRAD DAVIS**********

**********DAN SCHAYES**********

This is a first for me ... getting the signature on the BACK of the card!!!!!
    **********JEFF RULAND**********

THANKS FOR THE AUTOS GUYS!!!!!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Why sign the back of a card?
  • Options

<< <i>Why sign the back of a card? >>

Not quite sure why he did. Maybe because it "looked" like a nice place to sign?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Not exactly a household name, but this Garry Hanco** card brings to 344 the number of
    cards I have autographed from the '82 Donruss Set.

THANKS GARRY!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Nothing back today ... Hoping to get another 20 or so out this weekend.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Received back a card of a player that won a World Series AND THREE NBA Championships.
    *******************GENE CONLEY******************

Here is his response to my letter:

THANKS MR. CONLEY!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Hah! That's a great note. Keeper.
  • Options

<< <i>Hah! That's a great note. Keeper. >>

Yeah ... I thought it was pretty funny as well!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Great note from Conley. Sounds like a cool career as well.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    I didn't think this card was coming back! I mailed it March 30, 2009 and it came back today,
    EXACTLY ONE YEAR LATER!!!!! (My last name is Mollo ... that's why I sent this card out! lol)
    ***********JIM OLLOM**********

THANKS MR. OLLOM.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    FINALLY received a couple of TTMs back today.
    First up is the 345th autographed card from this set:

**********GARY WARD**********

Next up is from my new project ... '86 Fleer basketball:

**********JOE DUMARS**********

Thanks guys!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    ZIPPO today ... man, eight days and only two TTMs back .... looks like I am going to have to send out another 20 - 30 before week's end!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Maybe they're behind because of the (for some) holiday Friday and Monday.
    Do You Collect image Baseball 1937,1965-94,2008-09?
    Or Regional Canadian Baseball Issues?
    Come be a contributor to the OPC Baseball Wiki. It's free and easy!
    OPeeChee.Wikispaces.Com
  • Options
    Two back today ... both from the '86 Fleer Set. Funny, I had NEVER received back a card with the sig on the back
    until I sent out the '86 Fleer basketball. To tell you the truth, it almost looks like that space was made for a sig!

***************WAYNE COOPER***************

***************PHIL HUBBARD***************

THANKS GUYS!!!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Two returns today ... one positive and one "RTS". Both from the '86 Fleer basketball set.

*******First up is LOUIS ORR*******

Here is the return. Anyone have a good address??

Thanks for the auto Mr. Orr!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Two TTMs came back in today's mail.

First up: Took 26 days to get the card back. I originally sent two cards to him and they came back unsigned. I read somewhere that Mr. Campaneris will only sign if he gets a single card request. Maybe that's the truth!

Next up is from the '86 Fleer basketball set:
    **********RICKEY GREEN**********

THANKS FOR THE AUTOS GUYS!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Still looking for good addresses for:

Manute Bol and
    Darrell Griffith

both from the '86 Fleer basketball set.

Any help?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭
    seems to be good returns on the 86 fleer
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Fred ... not too bad so far. Here is what has happened with the '86 Fleer basketball TTM requests:

March 16, 2010 ... Sent out 11 ... Received back 4 ... RTS 0

March 17, 2010 ... Sent out 9 ..... Received back 1 ... RTS 2

March 31, 2010 ... Sent out 24 ... Received back 4 ... RTS 0

April 10, 2010 ...... Sent out 20 .. Received back 0 ... RTS 0
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doug, Always enjoy your TTM thread. Keep them coming. The 86 fleer set is pretty cool.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    Thanks Bobby ... problem is, beside the expense of some of them, I can't seem to find addresses for quite a few.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Nice additions! Are you going to start back on your 69 Topps fb set? I'm up to around 90 signed...and just received back Jim Gibbons on Saturday!

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>Nice additions! Are you going to start back on your 69 Topps fb set? I'm up to around 90 signed...and just received back Jim Gibbons on Saturday!
    Rgs,
    Greg M. >>

Greg ... I have sent out EVERY card in the '69 football set to athletes that I had an address for. I still have 37 cards outstanding, some as long as one year.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    One more '86 Fleer basketball came back today:

*************ALVAN ADAMS*************

THANKS MR. ADAMS!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Received three more from the '86 Fleer Basketball Set:

*************MIKE GMINSKI*************

*************MO CHEEKS*************

*************WALTER DAVIS*************

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Once again I received back three TTMs ... and again they were all from the '86 Fleer Basketball set.

**********First up is THE CHIEF**********

**********Next is KELLY TRIPUKA**********

Last but not least: JIM PAXSON and a letter he sent me
    imageimage

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Two more successes arrived today.

First up is my 126th autographed card from the '69 FB set.
    It took 4.5 MONTHS for this one to arrive:

*************BEN DAVIDSON*************

Next is my 16th from the '86 Fleer Basketball set:

*************TOM CHAMBERS*************

EDITED TO ADD: THANKS FOR THE AUTOS GUYS!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Nick ... PM responded to. You now have Mr. Chambers' address.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    kicking butt on those 86's Doug!!!
  • Options
    One back today - NOT successful.

DOC RIVERS sent the card back unsigned. He sent an oversized card of himself ... it is NOT autographed.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Two new additions in today's mail. These were both from a trade.

This makes the 346th card I have autographed from the '82 DR set:
    *************RUDY MAY*************

One of the great RECENT Yankees:
    **********DON MATTINGLY**********

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Wonder why Doc would not sign the card.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wonder why Doc would not sign the card. >>

They're my favorite team, but the Celtics are probably the worst signers in the league. KG is the toughest active player IMHO. Ray Allen is in the top 5. Doc isn't a great signer either. Some of the average players on the team are fine but the stars are a pain. Pierce used to be easy but not so much anymore. Heck, I've had a multi signed piece out to Assistant Coach Clifford Ray for two months and no reply!!
  • Options
    I'm starting to get the shakes ... it's been FIFTEEN DAYS since I got back a TTM ... LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    scashaggyscashaggy Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>I know how you feel. How many do you have 'out there'? >>

WOW! More than I thought! LOL

I have a total of 327 still outstanding.

115 are more than one year old.

212 are less than one year.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    THURSDAY MAY 13, 2010

Still NO TTM returns in over three weeks ... so had to go out and buy a few already authenticated. Here they are:

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    One new one to add to my '86 Fleer Basketball Set:

***************RANDY WITTMAN*************

Thank you Mr. Wittman
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    those Multi signed 80 Basketball auto's are incredable!!!
  • Options
    THANKS! They are all available for trade if you have something I need/want. (BIG BUCKS will also get them into your hands as well! HAHAHA)
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug