Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

05/01/17 - Doug's Autographed Cards. Another '52 Topps Autographed Card!

1252627282931»

Comments

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

7 years! That is crazy....awesome!

Shane

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

I have not picked up too many autographed '52s this past year. I was lucky enough to pick these two up at a decent price. Below are the 184th and 185th different cards I now have for this set.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

Yeah Shane ... hard to believe it. I guess they were put aside and forgotten. It's nice that he still signed and returned them when he found them.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭

Those new 1952s are nice Doug! Awesome progress towards that monster set. Continued success with it!

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options

Thanks. Going forward it's going to be a lot harder to find the ones I need at good prices, but I am in no rush. I'm having fun with the journey.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Great job Doug. The journey is the best part right.

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

With the below additions, I now have 187 different cards in my 1952 Topps autographed set.

I think over the past two years I have added less than a dozen new cards. I know this will be a life long project but it's still a lot of fun.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pickups Doug! The Suder is a beauty, though it had me wondering for a second. I think I need more coffee!

• Options

Jason ... I was told that many years ago it was common for kids to erase the facsimile signature on the card and ask the player to sign in the same spot. If you tilt the card in the light you can see where the facsimile signature was erased. I really like these type of signatures on the '52 cards.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

Thanks Shawn. Any new Ali autos in your collection?

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

Would be nice to pick up a few more in the next couple months.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

This just arrived today. It was sent out the first week I started sending out my TTMs. I mailed this card on 03/20/09. It took 2,915 days (7 years, 11 months 21 days) for it to arrive. Mr. Turner returned it along with the letter I sent him.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats Doug! Always enjoy reading about one of the lost flock making it back safe and sound.

Kevin

Kevin

• Options

Me too Kevin. This is now the longest time it has taken for the successful return of a TTM.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

Very cool stuff Doug. I haven't read the whole thread but will try to see all the great autos you've posted.
    The old guys are really awesome.

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice signature on that Turner card, too.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭

Love the Bergman story Doug. Gives me hope Gary Woods is somewhere out there at the numerous addresses I have mailed him at.

• Options

The 197th Card for my autographed 1952 Topps Set.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pickup Doug! Autos on 52 Topps are works of art on works of art. :)