Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

05/01/17 - Doug's Autographed Cards. Another '52 Topps Autographed Card!

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    OCTOBER 22, 2010

Nice results today. The first up is the 128th card I have autographed from the '69 Football Set.
    This card took ONE YEAR and TWO DAYS to get back. It's my first '69 FB card return since July.

The next two are from the '86 Football Set. I sent out all the Rookie Cards. I believe I now have 12 of them back.

Thanks for the autos guys!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    How many 1986 Topps do you have? A 396 Card Set is not easy and 128 out the 263 1969 Topps is excellent.
  • Options

<< <i>How many 1986 Topps do you have? A 396 Card Set is not easy and 128 out the 263 1969 Topps is excellent. >>

I only sent out the ROOKIE cards from the '86 FB set.

Thanks re: the '69 set. I still have about 40 or so out there from this set for at least one year.

I also have about 50% of the '82 Donruss Baseball set complete.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    NOVEMBER 1, 2010

Received back three successful TTMs today.

First up took ELEVEN MONTHS. I guess he was psyched that Penn State won the other day - SHANE CONLAN

Next up are two from the '86 FB set. I now have 14 of the ROOKIE cards signed!

Thanks for the signatures guys!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    November 10, 2010

A nice return today from former astronaut Senator John Glenn. It took about 3 months for the return.

Thank you Senator Glenn.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    NOVEMBER 16, 2010

After 1.5 months I received back my 1986 Topps Football card of Bruce Smith ... UNSIGNED. At least he was nice enough
    to send back the card ... unlike about 200 other ones that are still out there for over one year.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    awesome!
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    The reason Bruce Smith was listed was to see if anybody has had any success with him. Thanks to the PMs I received directing me to the best address to resend my card.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    CWUCAT62CWUCAT62 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭
    I got a success from Bruce Smith, C/O Pro Football HOF about a month ago. About a 3 week wait. Good Luck!
    Andre Dawson Super Collector, who also collects the following-
    *Baseball* HOF autographs, Harold Baines, Pete Rose, Joe Morgan & Seattle Mariners
    *Football* Seattle Seahawks, Kenny Easley, Steve Largent, Jon Kitna, & Brian Bosworth
    YouTube Channel link; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAyO141lGqcV2fEjt723jUQ
  • Options

<< <i>I got a success from Bruce Smith, C/O Pro Football HOF about a month ago. About a 3 week wait. Good Luck! >>

YUP! That's what the other posters have told me. My card is going to Canton in the morning. THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Sent mine c/o HOF as well. Six months plus and still MIA.
  • Options
    NOVEMBER 26, 2010

It's been a while since I received any TTMs, but today's response was VERY encouraging, as I still have over 200 cards out there for more than one year.

One for my '82 Donruss Set - RICHIE HEBNER - It took FIVE HUNDRED TWENTY FIVE DAYS to get this one back. It's nice to know that guys, who are obviously very busy, still respond positively to their fans.

TIM SPENCER

THANKS FOR THE AUTOS GUYS!

Edited to add: Mr. Hebner's card came back to me on his 63rd birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICHIE!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Always better late then never.

Congrats on the success.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭

<< <i>NOVEMBER 26, 2010

One for my '82 Donruss Set - RICHIE HEBNER >>

As a kid we used to play baseball in a front lot of a mixed religion cemetary. Richie's father was the caretake and Richie worked there in the off-season.

Pretty cool guy. His dad was kind of a jerk.
  • Options
    NOVEMBER 29, 2010

This one I decided to purchase already authenticated. It is the 129th autographed card I have from the '69 FB set.

I was able to get it delivered for $35.00, which I thought was a real good deal.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    That's a great looking Sayers and one hell of a deal too!
  • Options
    Thanks Cub ... I think the sig looks real nice on that card.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    December 6, 2010

Just picked this up from board member CANJOND.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    DECEMBER 11, 2010
    PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    DECEMBER 16, 2010

PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON

My friend finally came thru! I have a friend who knows Bill Clinton. About one year ago we were talking about my auto collecting hobby. I mentioned how it would be nice to get President Clinton's autograph. I explained to my friend that the one you get TTM is auto pen. He said he would see what he could do ... here it is.

JIM MCMAHON

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Wondering if I should keep the Presidential autos as is or whether I should have Doran make customs for me.

Opinions?

Mikey N ... you are the presidential expert .. what say you???????
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    canjondcanjond Posts: 422 ✭✭✭
    Doug - not sure that isn't autopen (hate to say). Clinton has numorous autopens that he employs (so signatures vary in consistency and application) but one of the common signs of the autopen is that exact photo shown (for example, google Clinton autopen photo and you will see what I'm referring to).
    For information on baseball-related cigarette and tobacco packs, visit www.baseballandtobacco.com.
  • Options

<< <i>Doug - not sure that isn't autopen (hate to say). Clinton has numorous autopens that he employs (so signatures vary in consistency and application) but one of the common signs of the autopen is that exact photo shown (for example, google Clinton autopen photo and you will see what I'm referring to). >>

Hmmmm ... Thanks for the heads up. I will have to check that out ... I know the one I received TTM was a lot different than this ... I'm going to ask my friend for more details. You could be 100% correct. I'll let you know when I speak with him. I THOUGHT he got it signed in person.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Canjond ... PM sent.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    canjondcanjond Posts: 422 ✭✭✭
    Doug - I replied and I do hope I'm wrong. I just didn't want to see you go and cut the photo if it turned out to be autopen.
    For information on baseball-related cigarette and tobacco packs, visit www.baseballandtobacco.com.
  • Options
    POST NUMBER SIX THOUSAND
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>POST NUMBER SIX THOUSAND >>

Dang Doug, you are beating me, I'll have to catchup!!
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    And even though I joined in 2008 I didn't really start posting until 2009.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    JANUARY 3, 2011
    Man, the returns have almost come to a halt. I received this one today. I HAVE to get send out some more soon.

This Pro Bowler played Defensive End for the NY GIANTS in TWO Super Bowl victories.

Thanks for the auto Mr. Marshall.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    BTW ... the Marshall took about 3.5 months to get back.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    JANUARY 18, 2011
    What a great day for returns. A couple weeks ago I bought 10 52's off ebay ... happened to be from fellow board member "Wrongleg". He sent them to me right away. As soon as I received them (Jan 10, 2011), I sent them out to the players. Well ... three of them were received back today.

90 year old Bud Byerly, along with some comments

86 year old Ed Erautt

84 year old Howie Judson

Thanks for the autos guys. These old timers are such great TTM guys!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    JANUARY 19, 2011

Man, these old timers are amazing TTMers. Received one more back today from the 52s I recently sent out. Mr. Beard also sent me an index card with answers to some questions I asked him.

MR. CRAMER THEODORE BEARD - 90 years old

THANKS MR. BEARD!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    JANUARY 22, 2011

Two 52's came back today.

84 year old Johnny Groth

Thanks Mr. Groth

I also received my card back from Del Crandall unsigned. Included in the envelope was a pre-printed form to fill out if you wanted to pay for an auto. Very reasonable ... $5.00 for a card and $10 for anything else. CASH ONLY
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    Nice returns...Groth also personalized my 52 Topps. Yup, I just got back from Crandall today actually. I completed my 62 Braves Backstops and a Pacific Legends.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well ... here is what the mailman delivered today. Man, this TTM stuff is going to be so addicting! I'm luvin it!

Ellis and Kaat were sent out on March 14, 2009.
    Kuzava, Usher and Diering were sent out on March 16, 2009.

John Ellis did not send back the card. Instead I received this letter:

Jim Kaat signed both cards and enclosed the contribution envelope. I did not know his wife passed away from Cancer.

Bob Usher added a nice personalization

Chuck Diering not only signed his '52 card and the index card I enclosed, but he also enclosed a picture that he must have printed off his computer and signed it as well

Bob Kuzava, who played with the Yankees, also answered my questions: Who was the greatest player he played with and against.
    image >>

We used to call him Wyondotte Bob here in metro Detroit.A couple of my older friends played in City Leagues with him around Detroit one of them Vincent Basta played in the Yankee Farm System for several years.I believe he made it up to the Kansas City Blues for a very brief period.He was a left handed pitcher.

GREAT JOB DOUG.Very intresting topic.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doug, As always cool stuff.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    JANUARY 24, 2011

A New York Giant, he was the center on TWO of the GIANTS Super Bowl Winning Teams:

BART OATES

I also received back my card, unsigned, from Jonathan Papelbon. I sent it to Spring Training in February 2010. He sent a nice letter that was personally addressed stating thanks for your support but he receives too many requests to sign individual cards.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    Doug
    How much did you pay for Kaat? At one time, he was 10 for his wife's foundation. Then he went to 25 for a while when he was doing something for Johnny Blanchard's family (I think it was Blanchard).
  • Options
    Barry,

He signed both those cards (March 2009 ... one of the first TTMs I sent out) for free. He included a return envelope for a donation to the memorial fund he set up in honor of his 3rd wife who died from Cancer. I sent a small donation.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    JANUARY 26, 2011
    This one took about 7 months to get back.

Thanks for the autograph Mr. Eaton

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    JANUARY 29, 2011

This card was made by board member ALIFAXWA2 (Jeff). I had someone do me a special favor and get it signed by Pedro.
    I like the way the card turned out.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    FEBRUARY 1, 2011
    This card was first sent to Mr. Smith's home. It came back in my SASE, but unsigned. I sent it out again, this time to the Pro FB Hall of Fame. Today I received it back signed. Thanks Mr. Smith.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    FEBRUARY 5, 2011

This is the 30th auto'd card I received back from this set. Thanks Mr. Humphries!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    FEBRUARY 8, 2011
    This guy caught for the Boston Braves in 1949 at the age of NINETEEN!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    He was a great catcher. How much was his fee?

<< <i>FEBRUARY 8, 2011
    This guy caught for the Boston Braves in 1949 at the age of NINETEEN!

image >>

• Options

<< <i>He was a great catcher. How much was his fee? >>

A very reasonable $5.00. The card was initially returned to me stating that he charges $5.00 for a card. I put a $5.00 bill back in the envelope with the card and got it back, signed, in just over one week. NOTE: This was the FIRST auto that I paid for out of all the cards listed in this thread.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    FEBRUARY 14, 2011

Although these were not TTMs, they are the two newest customs that Doran made for me. What an AWESOME job he did!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Love the customs! 42 more to go!