Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

05/01/17 - Doug's Autographed Cards. Another '52 Topps Autographed Card!

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    MONDAY MAY 24, 2010

The mailman brought me a real nice package today. Although these were not TTMs, I was able to add SEVENTY-FIVE autographed cards to my 1982 Donruss set. I now have 421 cards signed from that set!

I bought the cards from MICKEY'S SPORTSCARDS for very reasonable prices. I averaged $2.42 per card delivered! Not that much more than sending them out TTM myself. All of these guys I either did not have an address for, they charged TTM or have been MIA for a year. ANYWAY, I am very happy to say that I now have about 65% of the set complete!

STAY HEALTHY!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    JUNE 5, 2010

DAMN! It's been over a week and I still cannot get Photobucket to download my pics! I emailed photobucket, did what they suggested ... and still nothing. Some members also offered help ... but still can't get the FRIGGIN thing to work!!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    JUNE 13, 2010

I have received back only a few TTMs in the past couple of weeks. HOWEVER, I still cannot get PHOTOBUCKET to upload so I have not been able to post the pics. Will have to reach out to some friends and see if they can figure it out for me. Must be something with my PC.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    JUNE 16, 2010

Over the last three days I got back a few TTMs. I STILL am unable to upload pics to Photobucket, so I can't show the results.

The following TTMs came back successfully signed:

1973 Topps Ken Boswell
    1986 Topps Traded Bobby Witt - he signed both cards
    1986 Topps Traded Bobby Bonilla - He signed one and kept the other.
    1992 SkyBox Pre-Rookies Hensley Muelens - he signed both cards

This one was sent back UNSIGNED:
    1986 Fleer Kiki Vandeweghe - He sent back a signature on a piece of NJ NETS memo paper.

I have sent out VERY FEW requests the past couple of months. I better start up again!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    JUNE 19, 2010

This card took over 450 days (15 months) to get back. Jackson Todd, from my '82 Donruss set. The card was sent back UNSIGNED! I never received a card back after a full year that was unsigned. I know Mr. Todd is a Cancer Survivor ... I hope everything is OK with him.

EDITED TO ADD: I still can't get photobucket to work. I have NO FRIGGIN IDEA what to do!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭

<< <i>JUNE 19, 2010

This card took over 450 days (15 months) to get back. Jackson Todd, from my '82 Donruss set. The card was sent back UNSIGNED! I never received a card back after a full year that was unsigned. I know Mr. Todd is a Cancer Survivor ... I hope everything is OK with him.

EDITED TO ADD: I still can't get photobucket to work. I have NO FRIGGIN IDEA what to do! >>

Jackson Todd just doesn't sign TTM anymore.
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Doug,

Do you have a list of which 1969 Topps fb cards that you still have outstanding? I'd like to compare that list against my list...

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    TUESDAY JUNE 22, 2010

Thanks to Mike N I tried switching over to TINYPIC.COM and that site works for me. So I once again have pictures.

This TTM took FIVE MONTHS for it to be returned:
    *******TRACY STALLARD*******

THANKS MR. STALLARD!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    Good job on the Stallard. Ironic though - I mailed to him in May, and got it back within a week.

Maybe he's an accountant who follows LIFO with his mailings....
  • Options

<< <i>Good job on the Stallard. Ironic though - I mailed to him in May, and got it back within a week.
    Maybe he's an accountant who follows LIFO with his mailings.... >>

HAHAHAHA ... I find that some of these guys don't necessarily sign when the requests are received. They may sign every 3, 4, 5 or so months. They probably just make a stack of the requests and then sit down and sign all at once.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

<< <i>Doug,
    Do you have a list of which 1969 Topps fb cards that you still have outstanding? I'd like to compare that list against my list...
    Rgs, Greg M. >>

Greg ... following is a list of the ones that are still outstanding. The date is when they were mailed out. Any number next to the name is a partial address. It just took too long to write out the entire addy.

April 4, 2009
    George Sauer – 3625 MacArthur Dr, Waco, TX 76708-1743

April 17, 2009
    John Brodie – Avenida Fernando

April 18, 2009
    Pete Gogolak – 43 Contentment Island Rd

April 20, 2009
    Ron Mix – 7840 Mission Center Ct
    Rex Mirich – 620 W. Yaqui Drive
    Bill Triplett – 222 Beachwood Drive
    Willis Crenshaw – 22 Carly Road

May 26, 2009
    Jackie Smith – 1566 Walpole Dr
    Len Dawson – 6455 Winchester Ave
    Erich Barnes – 712 Warburton Ave
    Billy Cannon – 8851 Sage Hill Rd

October 19, 2009
    Chuck Howley – Wills Point, TX
    Billy Truax – Gulfport, MS
    Nick Rassas – Northfield, IL
    Norm Snead – Naples, FL
    Don Brumm – New Franklin, MO

December 1, 2009
    Clifton McNeil 1001
    Walter Rock 1030
    Bernie Casey 6145
    Eric Crabtree 3342
    Don Meredith 3101
    Bennie McRae 119
    LeRoy Mitchell 3598
    Pete Duranko 417
    Danny Abranowicz 143

December 3, 2009
    WK Hicks 10149
    Dave Robinson 406
    Deacon Jones 715
    Bill Asbury Penn State
    Homer Jones 416
    Charlie Gogolak 35
    Ray Ogden 188
    Gary Lewis 10
    George Blanda 18
    Rudy Kuechenberg 2841
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    JUNE 28, 2010

Two more back today from the 1986 Fleer Set.

**********CHARLES OAKLEY***********

***********ADRIAN DANTLEY***********
    Too bad it was creased in transit!

THANKS for the autos guys!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Friday July 2, 2010

This makes the 127th autographed card from the '69 FB set that I now have.

Thanks to board member TODD (AFL FAN)

I waited FOUR HUNDRED FIFTY days for the following result:

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    I FINALLY got around to sending out some more TTMs. It's been a while. I sent out 30 from the '86 Fleer BB set and used Harvey's list for all 30. HOPE that list is good!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Wow, I really hope that Chris Potter doesn't ruin alot of these great TTM signers. He has been doing private signings for the last year, seemingly with a lot of the older retired players, alot of whom were great TTM signers. I hope that he doesn't try to take control of their mail too as he has seemingly done with Davis. I can't imagine at this stage in life that Davis is getting bogged down with TTM requests, as kids have no idea who he is. I'd be surprised if he got 1-2 per day.

<< <i>

image >>

• Options
    scashaggyscashaggy Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow, I really hope that Chris Potter doesn't ruin alot of these great TTM signers. He has been doing private signings for the last year, seemingly with a lot of the older retired players, alot of whom were great TTM signers. I hope that he doesn't try to take control of their mail too as he has seemingly done with Davis. I can't imagine at this stage in life that Davis is getting bogged down with TTM requests, as kids have no idea who he is. I'd be surprised if he got 1-2 per day.

<< <i>

image >>

>>

I was thinking the same thing.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Doug,

How much you got invested in postage so far?? My local post office loves me image

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    Mike ... you probably have more into it than I do ... the only items I send out are cards and everything fits nicely into an envelope that weighs JUST UNDER ONE OUNCE ... so .44 for the outgoing and .44 for the incoming ... since I started my TTMs 15 months ago, I have sent out 909 requests ... .88 x 909 = $808.72 to date!!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    JULY 9, 2010

One more back from the 1986 Fleer Basketball Set.
    Took only 8 days from when I sent it until I received it back.

THANKS MR. KELLOGG!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    JULY 10, 2010
    One more from the '86 Fleer set. THANKS FAT!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    benderbroethbenderbroeth Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    nice!!!
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    Thanks ... the "FAT" man really put a nice auto on that card!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks ... the "FAT" man really put a nice auto on that card! >>

I like the "Fat" card also Doug.

Superb thread.
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Thanks ... the "FAT" man really put a nice auto on that card! >>

I like the "Fat" card also Doug.
    Superb thread. >>

Thanks Stone ... hoping that more start arriving in my mailbox ... it's been a little S-L-O-W.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Have gone over a week with no positive TTM results. These two arrived RTS ... listing them to save any other TTMers the trouble of sending for no reason. These addresses were from Harvey's List.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    THURSDAY JULY 22, 2010

Picked this up about 2 weeks ago for $8.00. Busted it and sent it to Mr. Fitz Gerald for an auto. He returned it in about one week. I put it back in the holder. He was also very nice to answer my questions.

THANKS MR. FITZ GERALD!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    JULY 27, 2010
    One more to add to my '86 Fleer Basketball Set.
    Thanks Mr. Johnson.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Doug, I'm not on these boards much any more, but I really enjoy this thread and reading the returned letters are awesome.

thanks,
    brian
  • Options
    Thank Brian ... Hope all is going well with your family and you.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    JULY 30, 2010
    It's been a slow process, but still a lot of fun. Mr. Lucas is the 24th card that I have autographed from the set.
    Thanks for the auto!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Doug, shoot me out a Worthy card from 86F sometime and I'll try to get it done for you. I know he doesn't do TTM. May take 6 mos or more but I'm sure it'll happen sometime. Same with Michael Cooper. I know he'll be around sometime. Maybe Mychal Thompson too.
  • Options
    Thanks Mike ... I think I have Worthy, but the other two are in the mail. I'll try to pick them up and then take you up on your offer. THANKS A BUNCH!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Nice stuff with 1986 Fleer Basketball. I used to collect it. I tried about 80 or so over a couple years. I received 62 of them. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar used to sign c/o Lakers when he was an assistant. I actually got Doc Rivers on a 1986 Fleer. This was when he first started with the Celtics. There are a couple guys that signed on the back Ruland did it for me to. Jim Paxson signed on the back for me.
    Here is some of the successes I Remember:
    ABDUL-JABBAR, ALVAN ADAMS, BAGLEY, CHAMBERS, CHEEKS, MICHAEL COOPER, DANTLEY , BRAD DAVIS ,WALTER DAVIS ,DUMARS, GMINSKI ,HINSON,HUBBARD , DENNIS JOHNSON, KELLOGG ,LUCAS,JEFF MALONE, MCCRAY, MONCRIEF, MULLIN, NANCE, NIXON, OAKLEY, ORR, PARRISH, PAXSON, PRESSEY, RAMBIS, DOC RIVERS, RULAND, SCHAYES, SCOTT, SICHTING, SIKMA, LSMITH , TRIPUCKA, VANDEWEGHE, WITTMAN, WOODSON

Here is the Failures: AGUIRRE, BAILEY, BIRDSONG, BLACK MAN , BOWIE, DREW ,ENGLISH , GRIFFITH, HANZLIK ,HODGES, LAIMBEER ,MCHALE, M THOMPSON ,WALTON, HERB WILLIAMS
  • Options
    SATURDAY JULY 31, 2010

Two more TTMs arrived back today.

First up: LUIS SALAZAR brings the total to 347 of the number of '82 Donruss cards I have autographed. It took 6.5 MONTHS to get back.

Next up: ROBBY THOMPSON. It took 2 months to get this one back.

THANKS GUYS!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    AUGUST 24, 2010

WOW! The drought is FINALLY over. It's been 3+ weeks since a TTM was returned.
    Today I received this one back:

Thanks Mr. McEnroe
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    SEPTEMBER 20, 2010

WOW ... almost one month since my last return. This one took 2.5 months to get back.

Thanks Mr. McCray ... Hard to believe he will be 50 years old next year.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    OCTOBER 1, 2010

Since it does not look too good for the 250 - 300 TTMs that I still have outstanding, I decided to send out some more. Last week I sent out 38 Rookies from the 1986 Topps football set. Here is my first return:

**********BRAD BENSON**********

I also picked this up off eBay for FIVE BUCKS!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    October 7, 2010

Received back cards from the '86 Topps set of 2 pretty good players back in the day:

**********MIKE ROZIER**********

*************AL TOON**********

THANKS FOR THE AUTOS GUYS!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    OCTOBER 8, 2010

One more back from the '86 set: ANDRE REED

In addition to the card I sent him, he sent me THREE Autographed Upper Deck cards!

THANKS MR. REED!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    OCTOBER 9, 2010

The '86 Topps FB are starting to flow in:

************MICHAEL CARTER************

************RAY CHILDRESS************

************JIM LACHEY************

************CLIFF ODOM************

THANKS FOR THE AUTOS GUYS!!!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Did you send one out to Buster Rhymes?
  • Options

<< <i>Did you send one out to Buster Rhymes? >>

I guess the list I got my "Rookies" from inadvertently left him off the list, so no I did not. (Seems like this was his Rookie card.) Anyway, I just looked for an addy and I could not find one (maybe he is on Harvey's List).

Did he ever go to jail for any of his arrests?????
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    I think he did. I came across that card recently and I looked him up to see that he had all kinds of drug problems. I was going to write to him but I wasn't sure if he was in or out of jail or even living where an internet search turned up his address. Sad story.
  • Options
    I'll have to take a look at Harvey's List and see if he is on it. He is NOT listed on StarTiger.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    OCTOBER 12, 2010

Three came back today, only one was successful.

Dieter Brock (2648 Creekview Drive) came back RTS - unable to forward

Lomas Brown (3600 Thatcher Ct) came back RTS - Forward time expired. If you are going to send to him,
    try using 5049 Elizabeth LAke Road, Waterford, MI 48327-2741. I'm sending it back out today.

DAVE ARCHER

THANKS MR. ARCHER!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Did you send one out to Buster Rhymes? >>

I guess the list I got my "Rookies" from inadvertently left him off the list, so no I did not. (Seems like this was his Rookie card.) Anyway, I just looked for an addy and I could not find one (maybe he is on Harvey's List). >>

I just found an addy for him on Harvey's list ... not sure if it is good or not, but I am going to try.

17120 NW 37th Avenue
    Miami Gardens, FL 33056

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    OCTOBER 15, 2010

It took NINE MONTHS to get this card back from Mr. Culp, but he signed both variations.
    This card is complete, as both Mr. Gonder and Mr. Boozer have passed away.

Thanks for the autos guys!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    OCTOBER 16, 2010

This is the 28th autographed card that I received back TTM from this set. It took 4.5 months.

Thanks Mr. Moncrief!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    OCTOBER 18, 2010

One more from the '86 Football set. He had a long career ... made a lot of money ... but
    spent it all ... and more. He's going thru a tough time right now, but I am sure he will
    bounce back.

Thanks Mr. Kosar.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    OCTOBER 20, 2010

This one took more than NINE MONTHS to get back, but he signed both cards.
    One of golfing's greats!

Thanks Freddy!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug