Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

05/01/17 - Doug's Autographed Cards. Another '52 Topps Autographed Card!

Comments

• Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Doug, those are really cool. Doran did a fantastic job with both of those.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Love the customs! 42 more to go! >>

I do have this one as well:

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    FEBRUARY 16, 2011

Well, it was not a TTM, but I picked this up off eBay for $15.00 DELIVERED. The seller had ZERO feedback, so I guess buyers were afraid.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    FEBRUARY 22, 2011

This one arrived after being out for eight months. Thanks for the auto Mr. Hodges.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    THURSDAY FEBRUARY 24, 2011

Two more to add to my '86 Fleer basketball set. Mike (VitoCo1972) got these signed for me at no cost. THANKS MIKE!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love those 1986 Fleer Basketball, Doug. I will be getting several in that big deal I have coming. I will let you know what I get. How many do you need? Are you trying to complete the set? There's a player named Michael Jordan in that set. You ought to try sending his card to him and see if he would sign it. image

Shane

• Options
    Please keep me informed Shane.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    MARCH 6, 2011
    Here are the six '52 autographed Topps I picked up from Shane.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    WEDNESDAY MARCH 9, 2011

I just picked up four 1952 PSA/DNA slabbed cards. I LOVE the Minoso 'ole time sig!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    SATURDAY MARCH 12, 2011

I sent these two cards to Mr. Simmons FIVE DAYS AGO and today I received them back signed!

Thank you very much Mr. Simmons.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭
    Love the signed '52s. Great cards Doug
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭
    real nice stuff, love the 52's
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Thanks guys ... yeah, I'm beginning to like the 52s best!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    TUESDAY MARCH 15, 2011

One more '52 came in the mail today. What a great looking sig from this 82 year old gentleman.

THANK YOU MR. PRESKO
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    MARCH 22, 2011

WOW! This card was sent out on August 10, 2009. 500+ days later I got it back signed. Makes me have a little hope for the 200+ cards I still have out there for more than one year!

Thank you Mr. Virgil.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    That's awesome, good luck on your rest
  • Options
    Thanks Sean ... it WOULD be nice if more of the older ones started coming back. NOT holding my breath, but you never know.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    MARCH 26, 2011

Received back 2 today.

Fred Marion came back after six months:

Former Yankee Charlie Silvera came back in two weeks. I LOVE these 52's!!!

Thanks Mr. Marion and Mr. Silvera for the autos!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    MARCH 30, 2011

These were not TTMs, but I picked up a nice lot of 52s.

19 of the players are deceased ... Matt Batts is the only living player.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Doug, at this rate you'll have that 1952 set done in no time. Congrats!!!

I know St. Albans, St. Albans.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

<< <i>Doug, at this rate you'll have that 1952 set done in no time. Congrats!!!
    I know St. Albans, St. Albans. >>

Hahaha ... yeah, that's a set that will NEVER be close to being complete. But it's fun!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    That's the most important thing...to have fun!!! Life is too short to do anything else.

It must be cool to wait for the postal carrier to come and see what you got today. Kind of like Christmas unless you get a bill of course. image

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    APRIL 1, 2011

Received this one today. I already have this one slabbed, so I am willing to trade it for
    another '52 that I need.

Thanks for the quick reply Mr. Hemus.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    APRIL 4, 2011

One more from the 52 set. Thanks Mr. Ginsberg.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    APRIL 8, 2011

Another '52 along with a note from Mr. Zuverink. He answered my question as to who was the best he ever played against. The response may be hard to read. It states "Ted Williams was the best player that I played against. BUT I was lucky against him as he was only 2 for 19 times at bat against me. A homer the first time I faced him in 1951 and a single in 1956. NOT BAD. George Zuverink."

imageimage

Thank you Mr. Zuverink!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    APRIL 11, 2011

Nice day for returns. Two from the '52 set and one from the Fleer '86 Basketball set.

I cracked out the Coleman and then put it back after I received the signed card.

I think Maxwell signed the card in a GREAT spot!

After 9.5 MONTHS I didn't think I would get back Mitchell. Not only did he sign the card but he
    answered my question.

Thanks so much to these three guys for taking time out of their day to autograph my cards!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Awesome stuff. As always. image
  • Options
    Thanks Bryon ... good luck with your next trade. I'm sure someone wants that Ruth!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    APRIL 14, 2011

Another '52 player comes thru. What a nice looking auto. Thanks Mr. Garver.

He also answered a few of my questions:

Best player he played against: Joe D

Best player he played with: Al Kaline

Favorite memory: His 20th win in 1951. (Garver remains the only pitcher in American League history and modern baseball history (post-1920) to win 20 or more games for a team which lost 100 or more games in the same season and the only pitcher in Major League history to do so with a winning record.)

I asked him about the following comment that Ted Williams made. Ted said: "Ned could throw anything up there and get me out!" Ned's response to me was "Just being nice to me."
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Nice return! Just got my first two successes today: Coach K (Duke) signed photo, and 2 Bud Selig signed photos
  • Options
    Thanks Kid. That's a great start you have ... keep going and share them with us.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    APRIL 16, 2011

Another '52 came back today. To be honest, I didn't know much about Billy Pierce until I received his card and started writing my TTM letter to him. Arguably this man belongs in the Hall Of Fame. Check out his accomplishments!

THANK YOU MR. PIERCE.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    APRIL 17, 2011

Well, YOGI and SPARKY were signing at a Steiners about 35 minutes from my house. For the entire week I wanted to go, but due to other things in life, it didn't look like I was going to be able to make it. They were signing from 2:00 - 3:30. Anyway, at about 2:30 it seemed like I could get there. SOOOOOO, I grabbed my cards ( I cracked out the YOGI and put him back where he belonged after the signing) and went with my daughter. Here is what I got signed. (We took a couple of pictures as well and I will post later.)

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    APRIL 18, 2011

Two more TTMs from the '52 set arrived today.

Thanks for the autos guys!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Doug,
    That is a great looking Yogi. It is always cool when you get to meet a true legend and get your card signed in person.
  • Options
    Thanks guys!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    APRIL 20, 2011

This card took 375 days to get back ... but it's signed! Thanks Mr. Pressey!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    APRIL 21, 2011

Another '52! Mr. Westlake also sent me a signed photo. It looks real kewl in person ... it's on regular photo paper ... NOT a postcard.

THANKS MR. WESTLAKE!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    APRIL 22, 2011

Received three 52's in the mail today.

Les Moss - Received a letter from his daughter stating, sadly, that Mr. Moss had a bad fall 2 years ago and has been bedridden since. In addition, the arthritis in his hands is so bad that he cannot even hold a pen, so he could not sign the card. My card was returned.

Bob Rush - Mr. Rush passed away after I sent my request to him. His daughter wrote me a note telling me her dad passed away and she returned my card.

Don Mueller - Signed my card and also wrote a note in response to my asking him who was the best player he ever played with.

Thank you to all three of the above families.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    APRIL 23, 2011

Received two more 52's today.

First up TOMMY HOLMES. A GREAT BIG thanks to Tony (fiveniner) with whom I traded to get this one.

Next is a TTM ... Thank you for your autograph Mr. Hatton.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Doug, Great job on those 1952 TTM autos.

That was nice that Moss' and Rush's daughters sent you back the cards.

From the various posts I've seen it seems that the older ballplayers and their families in general are more considerate of the fans.

Collecting:
  • Options

<< <i>From the various posts I've seen it seems that the older ballplayers and their families in general are more considerate of the fans. >>

Mike .. I agree 100%. It's not even close. Take a look at my first entry ... I got back a full page hand written letter from the athlete!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    APRIL 25, 2011

Two new TTMs arrived back signed.

Another '52 ... received back in NINE days:

This '86 FB took 7 months:

Thanks for the autographs guys!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    MAY 13, 2011

Over the past week or so I picked up another 10 from the '52 set. Two were TTMs and the others were purchases from either eBay or board members.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    Your 1952 set is getting very impressive! image
  • Options
    Thanks very much. They are fun to collect.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

The '52s are outstanding! Great note from Mueller.
  • Options
    image Great job Doug!!!

And you told me that you are not even close to finishing the 1952 set, but by the looks of it you'll be done by Christmas. image

Collecting:
  • Options

<< <i>image Great job Doug!!!

And you told me that you are not even close to finishing the 1952 set, but by the looks of it you'll be done by Christmas. image >>

Christmas 2033 MAYBE (excluding the hi #s ...lol)
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug