Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OFFICIAL Topps Million Card Giveaway Thread - Post your "wins" on 2/15!

Comments

• Options
    lkk66lkk66 Posts: 106 ✭✭
    I just loaded 200 codes, got em on ebay for a buck a piece before the price jump. Nothing super amazing but here are the notables, I am excited about the 52s although they are not high numbers

Email: leo.kim66@gmail.com
  • Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

Love the Cubs stuff!

Rick
    Buying or trading for Cubs, Angels autos and anything related to Nick Adenhart! ****RIP NA 34****
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    Picked up a couple more.

"The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    Since I don't have the tech savy to post the actual pictures of the cards, here goes my list:
    1953 Lou Sleater (Hi # commom)

1965 Dick Sisler
    1965 Gordy Coleman
    1968 AL Batting Leaders (Yaz.Cater, Oliva card #1)
    1968 AL Pitching Leaders
    1969 Ron Willis

1971 Frank Baker
    1972 Ron Woods
    1972 Clay Kirby
    1972 Eddie Leon (Hi # common)
    1973 Bobby Bonds
    1973 Jack Brohamer
    1977 Rookie Shortstops (Almon/Klutts/McMillan/Wagner)

1982 Steve Sicosia
    1985 Roy Smalley
    1985 Mike Moore
    1986 Dave Von Ohlen
    1987 Mike Pagliarulo
    1987 Sparky Anderson
    1987 Mike Schmidt
    1987 Kirby Puckett x 2
    1987 Tippey Martinez
    1987 Dave Winfield
    1988 Sparky Anderson
    1988 Dwayne Murphy
    1988 Moose Hass
    1989 Harold Baines
    1989 Robin Yount

1993 Dennis Cook
    1993 Mike Pagliarulo
    1993 Checklst card
    1993 Lance Painter
    1995 Todd Hunley
    1996 Reggie Sanders
    1998 Chuck Knoblauch

2001 Expos Team Card
    2002 Barry Bonds (MVP card #717)
    2005 Scott Schoeneweis
    2005 Carlos Zambrano
    2005 Steve Doetsch
    2005 NL RBI leaders
    2005 Kevin Gregg
    2005 Greg Maddux
    2006 Michael Barrett
    2006 Mark Redman
    2007 Phillies Team Card
    2007 Brad Ausmus
    2008 Dan Haren
    2008 Jose Vidro

2001 Edwin Donald Snyder (Duke) "Topps Heritage Real One Card Number:THA-DS"

If any of these spark a trade intrest (outside of the Snider auto), let me know.

p.s. As of this post there have been 102K+ redemptions. 510 of them are 1987 Kirby Puckett (regular and all-star). That is 1/2 of 1 % of all redemptions. Or 5,000 total of the 1 million will be 1987 kirby pucketts at this rate. Just something to look forward to!

• Options
    4 more tonight:
    1953 Del Rice
    1980 Steve Busby
    1985 Mike Pagliarulo
    1987 Robin Yount
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭
    How do you know the codes are legit when you buy them on eBay?
    -- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926

<< <i>too bad these aren't gonna come in Heritage. I'd probably get enough to put the whole 87 set together >>

I didn't know that, I would have thought that all 2010 Topps products would have them. Are there any other series that won't have them?

It would be cool if they would do this for football also.

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    Note to Bunker:

Topps does not have a FB license for 2010 -- so they won't be doing this program in that sport

Regards
    Rich
    Plano, Tx. Card Show #5, Sunday March 6, 2016 at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx 9Am to 4 PM. See you there!
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Not a peep from the seller that I won the lot of 50 from on Tuesday morning. Hope he didn't see the prices go up and decide to keep them. Still way too early to start asking where they are though. But nothing marked as shipped, no feedback, no nothing after 3 days is getting me a little antsy.
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    zep,

How was the seller's feedback?

I usually don't do a shipping notification.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    262 feedback 100% but hadn't sold anything since 2007. At the time I bought these, he had a bunch of 2010 sets listed and some football sets. Made sense that he would have the redemptions.

it was a BIN so he did get what he was asking for at the time. My main concern is that the prices doubled later that day and the next day.

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    OMG greatest pull of my life from a JUMBO pack, just had to share it here!

AROD World Series bat/sig #13/of 50 (jersey number)
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    My wife was nice today and pioked me up one of the 36 card packs from Target. Got one redemption

Tom Tresh 1969
  • Options

<< <i>OMG greatest pull of my life from a JUMBO pack, just had to share it here!

AROD World Series bat/sig #13/of 50 (jersey number) >>

WOW!! nice pull - got a scan yet?

• Options

<< <i>262 feedback 100% but hadn't sold anything since 2007. At the time I bought these, he had a bunch of 2010 sets listed and some football sets. Made sense that he would have the redemptions.

it was a BIN so he did get what he was asking for at the time. My main concern is that the prices doubled later that day and the next day. >>

I'm not saying three days is enough time to be late but here's what I did on one where the person was 7 days late. I googled the person's full name as it was listed on the paypal receipt. That showed a link to local newspaper that reported that he was recently arrested on a passing bad check charge. I was actually able to dispute it quick enough to get some of the money back. Without that note I'm sure I would've waited another week before filing a dispute. Again, pretty rare case, but it is an option if you get really worried.
  • Options

<< <i>OMG greatest pull of my life from a JUMBO pack, just had to share it here!

be prepared to get pages and pages of offers to trade, people just do not want the junk commons for some reason image and theres no way to turn it off that i can see, lol,,, bj
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I think he may have pulled the actual card... wait, did you pull the actual card or was it a TM code card? The way I read it, he pulled the actual card. Scans please! image
  • Options
    your probably right,, ooops wrong thread,, my bad, thought this was the topps million give-a-way thread,, stupid me,, jeepers im a moron,didnt think first,,bj
  • Options
    I get where you're coming from, but this is probably better than starting a whole new thread about it. No biggie...
  • Options

<< <i>p.s. As of this post there have been 102K+ redemptions. 510 of them are 1987 Kirby Puckett (regular and all-star). That is 1/2 of 1 % of all redemptions. Or 5,000 total of the 1 million will be 1987 kirby pucketts at this rate. Just something to look forward to! >>

Not to mention that there 350 1981 Topps Alan Trammels redeemed....

The thing I find interesting is that it is 350 of about 1000. I think Topps may of at least done one smart thing and bought lots of semi-stars/stars instead of overloading us with 900,000 common cards.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>262 feedback 100% but hadn't sold anything since 2007. At the time I bought these, he had a bunch of 2010 sets listed and some football sets. Made sense that he would have the redemptions.

it was a BIN so he did get what he was asking for at the time. My main concern is that the prices doubled later that day and the next day. >>

I'm not saying three days is enough time to be late but here's what I did on one where the person was 7 days late. I googled the person's full name as it was listed on the paypal receipt. That showed a link to local newspaper that reported that he was recently arrested on a passing bad check charge. I was actually able to dispute it quick enough to get some of the money back. Without that note I'm sure I would've waited another week before filing a dispute. Again, pretty rare case, but it is an option if you get really worried. >>

LOL nice detective work. I'm not worried yet. Like I said, 3 days is way too soon to get worried. I just want my 50 more slot machine pulls image

I did run out at lunch and buy a jumbo box so I'll at least have 10 chances when I get home tonight

• Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926

<< <i>Note to Bunker:

Topps does not have a FB license for 2010 -- so they won't be doing this program in that sport

Regards
    Rich >>

Ahh yes, I knew that it totally slipped my mind image

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    Well.no major parties at my house, but not horrible :

1 Ubaldo Jimenez 2009
    2 Norm Charlton 1993
    3 Jim Gott 1988
    4 Mike LaCoss 1987
    5 Charlie Hayes 1999
    6 Ernie Riles 1988
    7 John Orsino 1966
    8 David Nied 1993
    9 Sixto Lezcano 1985
    10 Dane Iorg 1986
    11 Frank DiPino 1987
    12 Ron Fairly 1978
    13 Eddie Fisher 1968
    14 AL Home Run Leaders Card 2005
    15 Dave Wickersham 1965
    16 Philadelphia Phillies Team Card 1961
    17 Bud Zipfel 1963
    18 Mike Moore 1987
    19 Denis Boucher 1993
    20 Lee Mazzilli 1988 - NOTE: I Hate this b@$tard with a white-hot passion. I may redeem this one just to drop a load on it.

----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    Blaster box from Wal-Mart yielded me two topps millions cards (and a Melvin Mora with Adam Jones on back)

Cards unlocked were

2005 Jose Valentin
    1972 Mike Fiore (was a TMC-2)
  • Options
    Well, I just had a nice run from my Jumbo Box:

1952 Warren Hacker #324
    1966 Vern Law
    1967 Indians Rookie Stars
    1968 Tom McGraw
    1971 Jim Northrup
    1971 Padres Rookie Stars
    1972 World Series Game 7 (1971)
    1973 Cookie Rojas
    1987 Frank Tanana
    1993 Tim Laker

I've now entered 45 cards and 21 of them are 1973 or before

and in the Jumbo Box was
    Pedroia auto
    Ichiro Hat patch - dinged
    Uggla stripe with jersey
    Mantle black border 41/59

not a bad trip to the hobby store

edit - just found out the 52 is a high # - sweet!!!

• Options

<< <i>Well, I just had a nice run from my Jumbo Box:

1952 Warren Hacker #324
    1966 Vern Law
    1967 Indians Rookie Stars
    1968 Tom McGraw
    1971 Jim Northrup
    1971 Padres Rookie Stars
    1972 World Series Game 7 (1971)
    1973 Cookie Rojas
    1987 Frank Tanana
    1993 Tim Laker

I've now entered 45 cards and 21 of them are 1973 or before

and in the Jumbo Box was
    Pedroia auto
    Ichiro Hat patch - dinged
    Uggla stripe with jersey
    Mantle black border 41/59

not a bad trip to the hobby store

edit - just found out the 52 is a high # - sweet!!! >>

You are on a roll, dude.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    Here are my Give Away cards from a Jumbo box...

• Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    One more: 1965 Angels Rookies
  • Options
    LOL wish I had more

just checked the site and so far 111,102 cards had been redeemed with 55 of them being high # 1952s

Don't see mine listed yet though unless it won't show you your own cards when looking for a trade
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Are these going to be in all product (chrome, heritage,etc.) or just the base topps set?
  • Options
    the video said series1, 2 and updates but the site said 1 and 2 when i looked the other day
  • Options
    Indy78Indy78 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    Not to mention that there 350 1981 Topps Alan Trammels redeemed....

I was offered one in return for the '68 Brooks Robinson I redeemed. Declined of course.
  • Options
    Just got my 200 in the mail from eBay. imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Like most of ya'll that bought on eBay I did this when they were still reasonable. $2 a card doesn't seem so bad now....when they are close to $3.

HERE WE GO!
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options

<< <i>Just got my 200 in the mail from eBay. imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Like most of ya'll that bought on eBay I did this when they were still reasonable. $2 a card doesn't seem so bad now....when they are close to $3.

HERE WE GO! >>

Let's see some oldies image
  • Options
    Got these three tonight.

1969 Moe Drabowsky #508

1971 Rookie Stars Card #391

1973 Jim Lonborg #3
    Trying to climb the 1954-55 Topps Hockey ladder for the second time.

• Options
    yes AROD was a PULL from the jumbo it was not not Unlocked in case there was any confusion from the hatters

• Options
    great pull!!

and good luck Matt

• Options

<< <i>yes AROD was a PULL from the jumbo it was not not Unlocked in case there was any confusion from the hatters

image >>

and his uni number to boot. Only to a Sox fan...
  • Options
    How many Million Card Giveaways do you get in a Jumbo box?

• Options
    10 - 1 per pack
  • Options

<< <i>10 - 1 per pack >>

Thank you

• Options
    well i sunk some more frogskins into this product and i think im done with it,,, i was all over the place buying racks, blasters, mini blasters, and 2 hobby boxes,, the only good that came out of this whole buying fiasco was the guy at the hobby store had 17 of them TMDGA cards not redeamed in his free bin he said topps sent them to him with his order, so i felt obligated to relieve him of them with his ok,,, no 50's only 60's and 70's no name cards came from the hobby boxes, the blaster got me 2005 to 2009 cards, the mini blasters got me 80's crap, the freebies were spilt between 60's 70's 80's and 90's and 3- 2000's,,, i got 2 chrome refractor cards 1 jumbo patch no name, 1- jersey patch - no name, 1- game relic(piece of wood), joey votto, the blasters got me 3 patches 1- mariano rivera and an eckersley and 1- duke snyder,, the chrome refractor cards were jackie robinson and mariano rivera,,,, bj tired of rippin right now
  • Options
    two more

1968 Julian Javier
    1972 Sonny Jackson (and according to the back of his card in 1972, his claim to fame was that he held the record for the Astros for most singles in a season with 160, out of 174 total hits. Boy has the game changed!)
  • Options

<< <i>two more

1968 Julian Javier
    1972 Sonny Jackson (and according to the back of his card in 1972, his claim to fame was that he held the record for the Astros for most singles in a season with 160, out of 174 total hits. Boy has the game changed!) >>

I remember Sonny quite well. A lot of speed, but could never hit the ball hard enough to use it much. I looked it up - for his career, he had 925 total bases in 767 hits. That's amazingly weak.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭

Very nice hit, congrats.
  • Options

<< <i>

Very nice hit, congrats. >>

• Options
    Well Matt, what did you get out of your 200?
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Forgive me if this has already been asked and answered, but what is the general condition of the older cards that have been redeemed? Just curiou whether Topps has been including NMish condition cards or lesser quality?

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options

<< <i>Forgive me if this has already been asked and answered, but what is the general condition of the older cards that have been redeemed? Just curiou whether Topps has been including NMish condition cards or lesser quality?

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

Greg:

No one knows as of yet as you can't ask to redeem them until March 15th

Ken
    Positive and successful transactions with:
    LeagueLeader; IJustLoveCards; Recbball; msassin; leathtech; lsutigers1973; Bosox1976; Dboneesq; Aric; Bkritz
  • Options
    no one knows yet. The actual cards aren't being sent out until March 15th

edit - LOL too late