Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OFFICIAL Topps Million Card Giveaway Thread - Post your "wins" on 2/15!

1262728293032»

Comments

• Options
    Excuse my spam here but I do have 5 codes for sale if anyone is interested. I have them listed on the BST board here and have replied to a few PMs but haven't received responses yet.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I just requested a few of the cards I had "won" and will let everyone know when they do arrive.....requested them this week. al.
  • Options
    Requested 7 cards and got them in about a week. Conditions weren't bad about vg-ex/mt. the '63 Houk looks pretty nice. I did get shorted one card, though. When I placed my order it showed 7 cards, but it should have been 8( I didn't count). So a 1954 Luis Aloma shows as being shipped, but it wasn't. They shipped 7 cards, the 1956 Billy O'Dell was shipped, but wasn't on the invoice. Overall,pretty satisfied.
  • Options
    In case anyone wants to trade, I have the following:
    1971 Wayne Garrett
    1973 Duffy Dyer
    1973 John Milner
    1976 Jerry Koosman
    1978 Rod Gilbreath
    1978 Steve Henderson
    1978 Jerry Johnson
    1978 Bob Apocaca
    1979 Ed Kranepool
    1979 Craig Swan
    1984 NY Mets √list
    1984 Ron Davis
    1988 Howard Johnson
    1988 Darryl Strawberry
    1990 Darrell Evans
    1990 Allan Anderson
    1993 Bobby Bonilla
    1994 Jeff McKnight
    1994 Butch Huskey
    2002 Benny Agbayani
    2002 Timo Perez
    2002 Randy Winn
    2005 R.A. Dickey
    2005 Victor Zambrano
    2006 Kazuo Matsui
    2008 Ronny Paulino

I'm not planning on ordering any more card, so if anyone needs/wants anything let me know.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    I just unlocked a 1958 Julio Becquer last night.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I entered four codes a couple weeks ago, and two of them unlocked '58s. Nice!

Man I keep getting some BAD trade offers. I think I have about 80 offers per week, and I accept about 1% of them. I've just been hanging around until the end of this month, then I'll cash out. I don't have anything spectacular, and nothing newer than 1976.
  • Options
    condition may not be the same as picture shown,, well ok,, but dang,,, looks like Turk needed a bathroom break,,, lolololol,,, j
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    These were the cards I got from them back in March... definitely nothing PSA-worthy:

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    winding down i have 115 59's, 18 58's, a 66 and a 68.

can't wait to see what they look like, i won't get to excited. i'll post them when i get them
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭
    Great marketing idea by Topps, but I'm underwhelmed by the condition of the cards you guys won & it seems no one here has pulled a marquee or big $ card. All the star names are for recent issues. Topps made out like a bandit on this.
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Requested delivery. Really got tired of the stupid offers from the likes of Superfan and BSteitz. Scrolling through their offers and the other dolts just like them really makes the process far less enjoyable.
  • Options
    If you look for star players you will notice many have not been claimed. What does Topps do with the un-claimed cards?
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Requested delivery. Really got tired of the stupid offers from the likes of Superfan and BSteitz. Scrolling through their offers and the other dolts just like them really makes the process far less enjoyable. >>

i agree some are just a waste of time
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    I don't have a link for this, but Topps is running a similar program this year. Not only can you get old Topps cards, you can also win Diamonds! Not really sure what to think of it, sounds gimmicky, but Topps cases are up in price pre-release.
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Requested delivery of 20 cards (mostly Reds). Traded the rest (26 cards I think) for one card that I will will probably let go at the last second for whatever offer that isn't from superfan.
  • Options
    I have a ton of cards I would like to giveaway. Mainly to someone that isn't requesting delivery or has free delivery. I'm only requesting delivery of a handful. Most are 78+. Let me know if you're interested.
  • Options
    charliehustle14charliehustle14 Posts: 425 ✭✭✭
    I just got my TMCG package today and thought I'd share the results. I started out participating early last year, trading like crazy, then more or less walked away in September, once I started hearing how crummy a lot of cards were that folks were getting.

I ordered 368 cards on February 5th and paid about $88.00 in shipping. I paid for UPS delivery, but for some reason they shipped via USPS. The cards ranged from 1953 to 1980 and the majority were either stars, high numbers, or commons booking about $5 or above. Being a Reds fan/collector, I also ordered any Reds commons regardless of book value up through 1971.

When I opened the package, I sorted everything by year and made sure everything was there that was supposed to be. There are about five cards on back order and everything else is accounted for. I already had a spreadsheet made out with every card ordered and book value per card, assuming they were NM (although I knew I wasn't going to get mostly NM cards).

I took the time to go through every card and assign a grade. The results were much worse than what I expected. Out of 363 cards delivered, I got the following:

Poor, Fair, Good: 72
    VG, VG-EX: 140
    EX: 89
    EX-MT: 57
    NM: 5

Some of the Poor grade cards were extremely poor. I got a '56 Gus Bell that looks like it had been in someone's back pocket since 1956. There are cards with staple holes, severe tape and glue damage, extreme paper loss, and more defects than I can list. Again, my expectations were not high, but I was hoping the average would skew a little more towards EX. NM book value on the lot is over $2K, but adjusted for condition, it's more like $450.

Topps really pulled one heckuva Marketing job on this promotion. They were very careful not to make any promises on condition. It was lots of fun in the beginning, but I have to say this was a tremendous waste of time for me. Lesson learned. I will not be participating actively in the Diamond Giveaway this year, but I'll enter my codes from the few boxes I'll buy to see if I get any prize cards. Otherwise, I think I'll stay away from this kind of thing in the future, and stick with collecting old cards the normal way. I know it's a business and I'm a Sales and Marketing guy by education and trade, but I think Topps should be ashamed of themselves for the "bill of goods" they sold us.

Todd