Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

OFFICIAL Topps Million Card Giveaway Thread - Post your "wins" on 2/15!

Comments

• zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>there all # tmc-1 through 10. 10 different cards. with his feedback im sure a quick question and hell answer it. its probably 310 card lot which will probably sell for around 300-375$ >>

The 'top loader, bubble mailer' worried me a bit. Probably just a proforma auction template. >>

I always use "sell a similar item" when I'm listing stuff and sometimes forget to change some of those details when I'm selling a single card compared to a lot.
  • I officially made my first Topps trade.... Since I'm a reds fan, I'm pretty happy...

I traded a 1972 Common for 1963 Bill Henry of the Cincinnati Reds.
  • Where is everyone keeping up with how many cards have been redeemed? I looked on the Topps Million site and didn't notice any link showing a total population of redeemed cards. Is there info coming in from other message boards? Out of the 53 cards I've redeemed, 1987 and 2005 are the leading years with 6 each. Only 3 1988 cards so far for me.
    Collect HOF on card autographs -PSA graded

Topps Heritage 2001-Now

Topps Heritage Blue Autos (2016-2022)
  • Never mind, I found the link.

Some quick math, if someone has already posted my apologies.

1,000,000 divided by 58 years = even distribution of 17,241 per year.

Total redemptions 53,000+, 5% complete. Redemptions for most early years 1951-1980 have yet to hit 400. 1987 is almost 9000, 1988=4500, 2005=5000. 2004 is less than 400.

Not sure if Topps has some random matching program going on as the numbers are being keyed in or if each card was specifically mapped to the cards they have on hand. For example, if the 2004 redemption count suddenly spikes to 5000 during the next week, this tells me a program in the background is matching up cards randomly. If the distribution stays constant in series one, then I'll assume each card has a direct, pre determined match.

Topps Heritage 2001-Now

• kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    looks like as of right now 53,546 redemmed so far. just click on trade cards then card search dont put a year or name and thats how many cards show up.
  • bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Never mind, I found the link.

Some quick math, if someone has already posted my apologies.

1,000,000 divided by 58 years = even distribution of 17,241 per year.

Total redemptions 53,000+, 5% complete. Redemptions for most early years 1951-1980 have yet to hit 400. 1987 is almost 9000, 1988=4500, 2005=5000. 2004 is less than 400.

Not sure if Topps has some random matching program going on as the numbers are being keyed in or if each card was specifically mapped to the cards they have on hand. For example, if the 2004 redemption count suddenly spikes to 5000 during the next week, this tells me a program in the background is matching up cards randomly. If the distribution stays constant in series one, then I'll assume each card has a direct, pre determined match. >>

Looking at those numbers for 2004 makes me think they are predetermined.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • If things stay on pace Topps will give away 169,811 - 1987 Topps cards! 17% of the total. Not sure that many 1987's were "thrown out".

Anyone know if this million card redemption is for series one only or will extend to series 2?

Topps Heritage 2001-Now

• TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone know if this million card redemption is for series one only or will extend to series 2? >>

I'm pretty sure it carries over into series 2 and Updates & Highlights.

• << <i>Not sure that many 1987's were "thrown out".
    >>

They should've been!
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would send you an email notification if/when you receive a trade offer. Unless there is already an option for that and I'm not seeing it. Otherwise, how else would you know you have a pending offer without checking everyday?

• << <i>I wish they would send you an email notification if/when you receive a trade offer. Unless there is already an option for that and I'm not seeing it. Otherwise, how else would you know you have a pending offer without checking everyday? >>

There's no way of knowing as far as I can tell... Kind of a buzz kill when 99% of offers will never get reviewed.... I'm just personally trying to trade for older cards and Cincinnati Reds Cards....
    I'll trade vintage commons for vintage Red Sox commons. Somewhere in the same neighborhood of year would be nice.

• baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭
    i don't have any cards to redeem, so i'll have to breakdown now and buy some, thanks guys

it is nice to see all these old cards though
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• BkritzBkritz Posts: 1,093 ✭✭
    Out of my 6 cards, I got a 64 Jim Bouton, a 74 Bud Harrelson, and a 2009 Dustin Pedroia. THe other three were so bad, it hurt. I think one was a 1986 Paul Householder!

B
    I wish they would send you an email notification if/when you receive a trade offer. Unless there is already an option for that and I'm not seeing it. Otherwise, how else would you know you have a pending offer without checking everyday?

that and it would also be nice to be able to counter a trade and see what else the guy has thats offering you a trade? or can that be done and im missing something?
    I have so few real vintage cards, I'm loving these. This afternoon I've been going to wiki and reading about the players I got.

Found this pretty funny about Hank Aguirre:

"As a rookie for the Cleveland Indians in 1956, Aguirre struck out Boston Red Sox legend Ted Williams the first time he faced him. After the game, Aguirre asked Williams to autograph the ball. Reluctantly, Williams complied. A couple of weeks later Aguirre faced Williams again. This time the "Splendid Splinter" smashed Aguirre's first offering for a home run. While circling the bases, Williams yelled to Aguirre, "Get that ball, and I'll sign it, too."

• Ever think topps is holding back on the good stuff??? If the big guns hit early, I think people might pull back from buying more 2010 Topps.

What do you guys think?
    Trying to climb the 1954-55 Topps Hockey ladder for the second time.

<< <i>Ever think topps is holding back on the good stuff??? If the big guns hit early, I think people might pull back from buying more 2010 Topps.

What do you guys think? >>

I think that fits in with the idea that each redemption is already linked with what card it gets you. Heaven forbid the big cards all popped in Series 1 - Series 2 would end up in the river.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq

• << <i>

<< <i>Ever think topps is holding back on the good stuff??? If the big guns hit early, I think people might pull back from buying more 2010 Topps.

I think that fits in with the idea that each redemption is already linked with what card it gets you. Heaven forbid the big cards all popped in Series 1 - Series 2 would end up in the river. >>

I never even thought of Series 2 image

I was going to hold back on my redeps but why if series 2 will have them in.

BTW, thanks A LOT to everyone for getting my baseball card woodie going on this thread. I just had to go buy a 20 card lot to ease the withdrawal.

Thanks... thanks a lot......
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Just checked my cards and it's not showing my 1997 Jackie Robinson... WHAT THE image

• << <i>Ever think topps is holding back on the good stuff??? If the big guns hit early, I think people might pull back from buying more 2010 Topps.

If they were trying to do that, they let some nice stuff fly already ;-)

Sandy Koufax 1955
    1952 Eddie Matthews
    1952 Jackie Robinson
    1956 Mantle
    3x 1958 Mantle AS
    1963 Mantle
    2x 1966 Mantle
    1969 Mantle
    1954 Ted Williams
    160 1952 Topps Cards
    etc. etc.

Go in trade mode and search player names and you can see all the cards of a certain player that have been unlocked
  • Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    I had 4 redemptions today.

1999 Barry Bonds

1987 Max Venable (Who?)

1971 Rookie Stars Steve Brye and Cotton Nash (Cool name!)

1955 Ray Moore
    Looking for Carl Willey items.

<< <i>

If they were trying to do that, they let some nice stuff fly already ;-)

Sandy Koufax 1955
    1952 Eddie Matthews
    1952 Jackie Robinson
    1956 Mantle
    3x 1958 Mantle AS
    1963 Mantle
    2x 1966 Mantle
    1969 Mantle
    1954 Ted Williams
    160 1952 Topps Cards
    etc. etc.

Go in trade mode and search player names and you can see all the cards of a certain player that have been unlocked >>

They're not trying to hold back everything, just distribute it somewhat evenly throughout the selling season.

At least that would be my guess.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

im hooked on this. i look at it this way a box of modern cards can run you 100$ for 1 or 2 auto hits that most of the time doesnt even get you the 100$ back.

so im going to probably going to buy 100 of the cards for about 125$ and take a shot on maybe a couple of 1950's star players. maybe get a mantle a williams etc..
    Out of curiousity - has anyone ever heard any details about how/where/etc that Topps buys these back? Are they buying high-quality raw lots at auction, off the bay, or what??
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

<< <i>im hooked on this. i look at it this way a box of modern cards can run you 100$ for 1 or 2 auto hits that most of the time doesnt even get you the 100$ back.

so im going to probably going to buy 100 of the cards for about 125$ and take a shot on maybe a couple of 1950's star players. maybe get a mantle a williams etc.. >>

You think you're hooked now??? I just read about the "other contests" that are coming later. From the site:

"Then starting in April we’ll be awarding special prizes based on the cards you have in collection. Every two weeks we’ll give you challenge, it maybe to collect the most catchers, or the most cards from a specific year or the most cards from a particular team. So keep collecting and trading, prizes will be based on the cards you have in your portfolio at a specific time for each contest. "
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    you lot just cost me another 25 bucks to order 20 more!!!!!! It is pretty entertaining, I must say.
    IWTDMBII

<< <i>you lot just cost me another 25 bucks to order 20 more!!!!!! It is pretty entertaining, I must say. >>

welcome to the club image
  • KarbKarb Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    Brian Downing 1985

Mike Simms 1992

Words cannot begin to describe how I feel.

BTW what's with the dull brown backed cards. Like there isn't enough crap to make a master set you have to build two basics as well?
    Robert

Hoarding silver and collecting history
  • I wonder how the break down is Hobby Jumbo vs. Hobby Regular vs. Retail packs. I busted several from all places and mixed up all my redemptions before I entered them. That being said, I decided I needed oooonnnnneee more jumbo box today at lunch. Got these 10:
    1) 1962 Lou Klimchock #259 - Braves
    2) 1966 Ron Hansen #261 - White Sox
    3) 1972 Cito Gaston IA #432 - Padres
    4) 1985 Rusty Staub #190 - Mets
    5) 1985 Bill Swift #404 - Team USA
    6) 1988 Willie Wilson #452 - Royals
    7) 1993 Rich DeLucia #152 - Mariners
    8) 2003 Jim Edmonds #461 - Cardinals
    9) 2005 Danys Baez #18 - Devil Rays
    10) 2005 Barry Zito #77 - A's
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Hello first post, found this site searching this product, thought id share my Hit

nice!! congrats and welcome to the site

• 2 more;

a friggin 87 glenn braggs and a 09 chris young!

if anyone opened packs today did you look at the cards you got in the pack? i didnt, i blew so fast threw the packs i dont even know i got!

<< <i>

if anyone opened packs today did you look at the cards you got in the pack? i didnt, i blew so fast threw the packs i dont even know i got! >>

lol that's funny

Sweet, nice Mantle!

I just traded my 1968 common for a 1995 Cal Ripken! That made my day... image

I would make that trade any day of the week.

Anyone want to trade ANY Ripken for a 2005 Chan Ho Park and/or a 1987 Teddy Higuera AS? lol
  • TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>did anyone happen to watch fox news this morning they had cal ripken on with the 52 in a shoe box talking about the contest, i was half asleep still, wonder if they utube stuff like that?,,bj >>

This is the link to the video... Fox

All due respect to Ripken, couldn't Topps have given him a crash course in baseball cards so he didn't seem totally clueless???
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Ripken said his 1984 Topps card is worth a couple hundred dollars.
  • EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ripken said his 1984 Topps card is worth a couple hundred dollars. >>

It's not? Crap.

I need to get a job, then.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • I couldn't resist the urge and entered my four cards and got the following:

Russ Swan 1993 (#96)
    Raul Mondesi 2005 (#631)
    Derrek Lee 2004 (#707 - 2003 Rawlings Gold Glove award)
    Prospects Card 1993 (#529 - Dave Silvestri/Chipper Jones/Benji Gil/Jeff Patzke)

Is #4 above Chipper's rookie card?? Only Derek Jeter's rookie is listed for '93 Topps in SMR...

I'm open to any trade offers. Especially for '62 Topps!

• << <i>I couldn't resist the urge and entered my four cards and got the following:

Russ Swan 1993 (#96)
    Raul Mondesi 2005 (#631)
    Derrek Lee 2004 (#707 - 2003 Rawlings Gold Glove award)
    Prospects Card 1993 (#529 - Dave Silvestri/Chipper Jones/Benji Gil/Jeff Patzke)

Is #4 above Chipper's rookie card?? Only Derek Jeter's rookie is listed for '93 Topps in SMR...

I'm open to any trade offers. Especially for '62 Topps! >>

Chipper is in '91 topps for his true RC
  • 1964 Dave McNally
    1966 Joe Sparma
    1971 Frank Reberger
    1971 John Ellis
    1974 Tanana rookie
    1976 Rookie Pitchers 591
    1985 Scott Fletcher
    1985 Rollie Fingers
    1987 Robin Yount
    1988 Len Matuszak
    1993 Dave Weathers
    1995 Chad Curtis
    2002 Ricky Bottalico
    2003 Carlos Delgado
    2005 Ryan Sweeney
    2009 Reed Johnson

• << <i>Chipper is in '91 topps for his true RC >>

Yeah, I thought '93 was kinda late. Thanks for the update!
    cards are almost at 3$ a pop in the lots now on ebay. from 1$ a pop.
  • Same problem.

I haven't collected in at least 7+ years. Bought a couple of topps packs and found one of these cards. Long story short I have three redemtions :

87 Puckett (If you want a laugh check this card out for a trade, there have been like 14 redeemed already)
    73 Bonds (bobby that is)
    and 2001 heritage snider real one autograph. (I've since learned that this is nice card but prior to this card I knew 0 about heritage)

bought a lot of 30 more on ebay and I'm seriously upset I have to wait for them. :-) (paid a 1.5 per card)

Two questions, I cannot see in the trade cards section any autos or special sets, just the regular base set cards to trade, has anyone figured out how to see those?
    2. Anyone know what the snider might be worth? It's got a red back on my picture, however it also says the real card may look different than the photo.
    Anyone have any Ripken cards they want to trade?

Up for trade:
    1963 Jope Cunningham (the misspelled "Joe" on the website)
    1963 Ron Perranoski
    1967 Stu Miller
    1971 Jack Hiatt
    1984 Von Hayes
    1987 Teddy Higuera
    1990 Vince Coleman
    2001 Jose Silva
    2005 Mike MacDougal

I received these in trades already:
    1993 Cal Ripken Jr.
    1995 Cal Ripken Jr.

I'm really not sure how you find a certain person to trade with, besides doing a search for a specific card, and guessing who owns it.

• EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Woohoo!

I traded my '69 Topps common for a 1970 high number for my set!

<------WINNAR!
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Same problem.

I haven't collected in at least 7+ years. Bought a couple of topps packs and found one of these cards. Long story short I have three redemtions :

87 Puckett (If you want a laugh check this card out for a trade, there have been like 14 redeemed already)
    73 Bonds (bobby that is)
    and 2001 heritage snider real one autograph. (I've since learned that this is nice card but prior to this card I knew 0 about heritage)

bought a lot of 30 more on ebay and I'm seriously upset I have to wait for them. :-) (paid a 1.5 per card)

Two questions, I cannot see in the trade cards section any autos or special sets, just the regular base set cards to trade, has anyone figured out how to see those?
    2. Anyone know what the snider might be worth? It's got a red back on my picture, however it also says the real card may look different than the photo. >>

turn on your PM's.

Thanks
    anyone know if the redemptions are also in every ceral box pack like they are in the Jumbos?

I picked up 2 at lunch today but won't be ripping until I get home from work tonight

• JohnnyDJohnnyD Posts: 521 ✭✭

<< <i>cards are almost at 3$ a pop in the lots now on ebay. from 1$ a pop. >>

Last week I bought a lot of 10 for $12.00. A lot of 10 just sold on ebay for $31.00....