Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OFFICIAL Topps Million Card Giveaway Thread - Post your "wins" on 2/15!

Comments

• Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    crash burn crash burn.........
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

<< <i>OK Now I just added a 1955 Curt Roberts to go with the 1970 Rich Rollins and 1985 Jerry Willard. >>

LOL!!! This is going to the story of the whole thing to me. Old commons.
    -- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    this is gonna be fun to watch what everyone gets all summer long
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>OK Now I just added a 1955 Curt Roberts to go with the 1970 Rich Rollins and 1985 Jerry Willard. >>

LOL!!! This is going to the story of the whole thing to me. Old commons. >>

Well, I "DO" need a nice 1970 Rollins. image
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    WOW! didn't realize there would be some autographed cards. When I first saw the 2006 auto listed on the post I thought it might have been related to some of the short print variations a couple of years ago that had cards with and without printed autos. I believe that was 2007 so a 2006 Auto must be the real thing with the auto foil sticker.

Collect HOF on card autographs -PSA graded

Topps Heritage 2001-Now

Topps Heritage Blue Autos (2016-2022)
  • Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭
    Someone on Blowout Forums got:
    1952 Topps #343 Dick Gernert RC
  • Options

<< <i>WOW! didn't realize there would be some autographed cards. When I first saw the 2006 auto listed on the post I thought it might have been related to some of the short print variations a couple of years ago that had cards with and without printed autos. I believe that was 2007 so a 2006 Auto must be the real thing with the auto foil sticker. >>

if and when i can get to my portfolio site ill snag a photo of it,, bj
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    I hope they're in better shape than the Heritage buybacks were.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    I cant even get registered...image
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    After the 1987 Ed Vande Berg, I got these:

1961 Ed Sadowski
    1968 Darrell Brandon

I'll consider 2 out of 3 from the 60's a win!

BTW, it only took my a couple hours to get the 3 to go through.
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Someone on Blowout Forums got:
    1952 Topps #343 Dick Gernert RC >>

That's a very nice hit. If you're going to get a card of someone most people haven't heard of, having it be a '52 high number is a big bonus.
  • Options

<< <i>I hope they're in better shape than the Heritage buybacks were. >>

Hopefully they are as nice as the '01 inserts that started this craze. I picked a couple of nice 58's that look quite sharp. Of course, I have no use for them, but they DO look sharp.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    I would just like to be able to log in....
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    I had two redemptions, the first became a 1985 Andy Van Slyke and the second is a 1975 Rico Petrocelli.
  • Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else notice that it costs $2.92 for them to ship your your card, and $0.53 for each additional card?
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    if these are cards mom threw out should I register my Birthday as in 1932?
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Did anyone else notice that it costs $2.92 for them to ship your your card, and $0.53 for each additional card? >>

PWE I bet
  • Options
    Additionally, on the sidebar there is a blurb that says "Tell us your story" that says the following:

Did your ‘58 Jackie Robinson' get tossed out? Did you lose a Mantle flipping with friends? Whatever the story of your favorite card, we want to hear it. Submit your story.

Should someone tell them that there was no 1958 Jackie Robinson?
  • Options
    WooHoo!!! A 1985 Albert Hall

• Options
    Finally was able to login and I got a 1985 Al Holland to end my two redemptions

Rick
    Buying or trading for Cubs, Angels autos and anything related to Nick Adenhart! ****RIP NA 34****
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    in what packs are these redemption cards?
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    The Topps Company....

Where it's cool to invest 10's of thousands (if not 100's of thousands) of dollars on old baseball cards to support an on-line Million Card Giveway... but won't spend an extra grand or two to beef up the supporting infrastructure that makes it all work image
  • Options

<< <i>in what packs are these redemption cards? >>

Probably whichever ones I don't pick up. image
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    can't......log......in......
    IWTDMBII
  • Options

<< <i>can't......log......in...... >>

Topps is awesome!
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options
    looks like I'll be trying to enter mine tomorrow morning about 4 AM when I wake up

• Options
    I realize we're all OCD card nuts, but other than that is there any value to entering them today as opposed to waiting a day or so?
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options

<< <i>I realize we're all OCD card nuts, but other than that is there any value to entering them today as opposed to waiting a day or so? >>

LOL nope

• Options
    Don't even see a log in screen when I try, hope it's not my old browser(s)!
  • Options
    got my first one in

Masahide Kobayashi 2008

went blank after putting the 2nd one in LOL
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Cool, got a hot rookie - 87 Kal Daniels!

"Molon Labe"

• Options

<< <i>Cool, got a hot rookie - 87 Kal Daniels! >>

20 years ago, that still would have sucked....
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options
    I only got to do one after waiting forever, and then the system logged me out randomly.

2005 Manny Ramirez
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    My two:

1976 Ed Kranepool
    2002 Craig Biggio

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Alright, finally going...

2005 Eric Chavez
    1980 Jim Wright
    1969 Dave Giusti

...more to come.

Will trade older than 1970 commons for 1970 commons!

Well, I'll trade 2005 commons for 1970 commons, too!

This is fun.

When it works.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    I managed to log 5 before being logged out, several hours of lost productivity for $3 worth of cards image

1984 #183 Al Williams
    1993 #15 Marquis Grissom
    1971 #555 Walt Williams
    2005 #416 Chad Moeller
    1974 # Twins Team Card
  • Options
    Just nailed this gem!

Line up your trade offers now!
    My LSU Autographs

• Options
    1993 Bobby Jones
    1985 Al Jones
    1976 Randy Hundley
    1987 Bud Black

And then the site logged me out.
    My LSU Autographs

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭
    After a long wait for the card to upload I got a 1987 KIRBY PUCKETT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    A member on Topps message board rec'd 1961 Topps AL Home Run Leaders Mantle/Maris/Lemon/Colavito
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Out of curiosity, do any of you think that there really is a single card for each redemption code, or that there are just cards,and if a redemption code is entered correctly, it randomly gives one out.

I say, because if its done that way, Topps can control the hub bub over "the Mantle is still out there" type press......

Just curious.
    -Stadium Giveaways
    -Ticket Stubs
    -Magazines
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    ok been awhile since i been on this board again.

i had 11 of these i got them all loged in.

2004 jake peavy
    2005 david dejesus
    1985 wade boggs
    1987 joe hesketh
    1987 mike trujillo
    1988 jose cruz
    1993 jim thome
    1977 lamar johnson

1969 rookie stars #476a
    1962 paul foytack

and my big hit 1954 roy face

in case anyone is going to keep track of the numbers and the hits my 1954 came from tmc-1..and both my 60's cards came from tmc-2. all other cards were tmc-3 or above. small sample but see if your bigger hits are from tmc-1 also
  • Options
    I have to say this has to be the most FUBAR contest as of yet. Two hours of on and off again trying and haven't been able to log on. Silly!
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭
    Is Topps giving away the Fleer and Donruss cards my mom threw out in the mid 80"s.............Well she did throw them away............
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    maybe Upper Deck is hitting them with a denial of service attack
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I'm logged in, but have no codes to input. I registered in the hopes that I could view some sort of database of what's been 'given' away. Is there one? I don't see a link for that sort of thing.
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The white screen of death..... I want my vg common card now!
    Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    1 1985 Jeffrey Leonard down....20 to wait to input (hah, Geordie, at least it isn't a Dodger)
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Soooo with this thing will they ship you the actual card? Talk about a crap-load of postage for a $0.01 common.